Follow us on...
Follow us on Twitter Follow us on Facebook Watch us on YouTube
Register
Results 1 to 9 of 9
  1. #1
    Good Enough
    Join Date
    03.03.01
    Age
    46
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    1,555
    Last Online

    11.29.17 @ 01:23 AM
    Likes
    0
    Liked 57 Times in 23 Posts

    Default Edge from U2 talking guitars and effects

    Some interesting video's of the Edge from U2 talking guitars and effects. From a recent BBC doco.






  2. #2
    Good Enough
    Join Date
    12.15.07
    Location
    Iowa/Illinois
    Posts
    1,807
    Favorite VH Album

    Balance
    Last Online

    10.26.16 @ 03:37 PM
    Likes
    2
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Default

    Uh oh! He broke the Universal sustainer rule in video 2!!

    He doesn't have his shirt off!

  3. #3
    Baluchitherium
    Join Date
    09.11.06
    Age
    41
    Location
    Leicestershire, England
    Posts
    4,484
    Favorite VH Album

    VH1, VHII or Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

    They're all great!
    Last Online

    04.02.15 @ 07:26 AM
    Likes
    0
    Liked 5 Times in 2 Posts


    Donor

    Default

    i watched this series (it finished last night after 3 episodes)
    how the fuck the bbc can call it "the story of the guitar" i'll never know. they missed so much, it should have been about 30 episodes long and maybe then they would have scratched the surface....typical, they start out with a great idea and then loose interest or discover just how big the subject matter is and give up way too early.
    but some of the shows they showed on bbc4 were awesome the guitar gods was great.
    http://www.facebook.com/Tommywho5150

    And with that I'm off to the kitchen to make myself a lesbian omelette...LLFHS in response to one of Graeme's post's


    "The anal beads may have scarred SNIC for life. That guy is tough as fucking nails!! No normal guy could take anal beads to the head and survive! "...OLO on SNIC's near death experience at TLW

    "I'm a 45-year-old man, and I still like to wear a thong or a speedo when I go swimming.
    Not because I have a great body, it's just an easy way to make sure I have the hotel swimming pool all to myself."...Bullwinkle for quite obvious reasons!

    "Dude, the cashier gave me the creepiest sneer when he rang up my unmentionables!"...Sassy Lassy during a Facebook conversation!

  4. #4
    Atomic Punk MF5150's Avatar
    Join Date
    06.05.04
    Age
    29
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    16,323
    Favorite VH Album

    Balance
    Favorite VH Song

    Seventh Seal/Me Wise Magic
    Last Online

    12.10.17 @ 12:20 PM
    Likes
    295
    Liked 411 Times in 246 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mrjstudios View Post
    Uh oh! He broke the Universal sustainer rule in video 2!!

    He doesn't have his shirt off!


    And no Loon!
    My man, when you are fantasizing, don't go for attainable, you can get attainable at the local Applebee's. - Dave's Dreidel

  5. #5
    Eruption
    Join Date
    08.19.06
    Location
    seattle, WA
    Posts
    768
    Favorite VH Album

    All of them!
    Favorite VH Song

    Most of them!
    Last Online

    09.16.16 @ 04:53 PM
    Likes
    0
    Liked 10 Times in 5 Posts

    Default

    What is intersting in the last video is his answer to the question about the type of gutar players he is into and Van halen would definatley not be one of them. If you listen to the last video you will see what I am talking about ! I definatley relate to what he is getting at. That the talented virtuoso runs its course, as proof with eddie.

  6. #6
    5150
    Join Date
    12.13.02
    Age
    45
    Location
    Northern Ireland
    Posts
    575
    Favorite VH Album

    1984
    Last Online

    12.05.17 @ 03:19 AM
    Likes
    4
    Liked 49 Times in 30 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by tommywho5150 View Post
    i watched this series (it finished last night after 3 episodes)
    how the fuck the bbc can call it "the story of the guitar" i'll never know. they missed so much, it should have been about 30 episodes long and maybe then they would have scratched the surface....typical, they start out with a great idea and then loose interest or discover just how big the subject matter is and give up way too early.
    but some of the shows they showed on bbc4 were awesome the guitar gods was great.
    I enjoyed the series a lot, and I thought it did a reasonable job of covering a huge topic in a short amount of time. It was a shame EVH didn't figure anywhere in it, but I think their choice of coverage was largely determined by who they could get interviews with. Plus, it was clearly pitched at the layman rather than guitarits, so while I might have liked to see Jeff Beck and so on, I think they were focusing on those players Joe Public is more conscious of, like Gilmour, Slash, The Edge, and so on. I felt Johnny Marr got more screen time than he merited. If they wanted another textural guitarist in addition to The Edge, then Andy Summers would have been more interesting. Then again, it was a UK-centric documentary, and the The Smiths were hugely influential here in the 80s.
    HERE AND GONE by Haylen Beck (Stuart Neville writing as...) - "It doesn't get better than this." - Lee Child, "Highly recommended." - Harlan Coben, "Cancel all your plans and settle in for the ride." - Ruth Ware, "This is a book that lives up to the buzz." - Alafair Burke

    Summer 2017 UK & North America

  7. #7
    no stinkin click! muffdiver's Avatar
    Join Date
    05.27.02
    Location
    canada
    Posts
    7,761
    Favorite VH Album

    all
    Favorite VH Song

    strung out....
    Last Online

    02.28.14 @ 07:54 PM
    Likes
    0
    Liked 4 Times in 4 Posts


    Premium Member

    Donor

    Default

    Edge is awesome...Lotta ppl here hate him,but I think he's fooking great....

  8. #8
    Baluchitherium
    Join Date
    09.11.06
    Age
    41
    Location
    Leicestershire, England
    Posts
    4,484
    Favorite VH Album

    VH1, VHII or Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

    They're all great!
    Last Online

    04.02.15 @ 07:26 AM
    Likes
    0
    Liked 5 Times in 2 Posts


    Donor

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Charvel2 View Post
    I enjoyed the series a lot, and I thought it did a reasonable job of covering a huge topic in a short amount of time. It was a shame EVH didn't figure anywhere in it, but I think their choice of coverage was largely determined by who they could get interviews with. Plus, it was clearly pitched at the layman rather than guitarits, so while I might have liked to see Jeff Beck and so on, I think they were focusing on those players Joe Public is more conscious of, like Gilmour, Slash, The Edge, and so on. I felt Johnny Marr got more screen time than he merited. If they wanted another textural guitarist in addition to The Edge, then Andy Summers would have been more interesting. Then again, it was a UK-centric documentary, and the The Smiths were hugely influential here in the 80s.
    i agree it started out very promising, they covered django, robert johnson and bb king not really what i would consider laymans musicians, more for the knowledgable musician...thres so many other artists i would have liked to have seen, aswell as evh they could have spoken to gary moore, vai (for more than 30seconds) satch, brian may(how they ignored him i'll never know)
    joe walsh even kirk hammett. to me its seemed like a half arsed attempt the just didnt try hard enough....nice try, but missed by a mile.




    and yeah too much johnny marr....he's cool but nothing special(imo)
    http://www.facebook.com/Tommywho5150

    And with that I'm off to the kitchen to make myself a lesbian omelette...LLFHS in response to one of Graeme's post's


    "The anal beads may have scarred SNIC for life. That guy is tough as fucking nails!! No normal guy could take anal beads to the head and survive! "...OLO on SNIC's near death experience at TLW

    "I'm a 45-year-old man, and I still like to wear a thong or a speedo when I go swimming.
    Not because I have a great body, it's just an easy way to make sure I have the hotel swimming pool all to myself."...Bullwinkle for quite obvious reasons!

    "Dude, the cashier gave me the creepiest sneer when he rang up my unmentionables!"...Sassy Lassy during a Facebook conversation!

  9. #9
    Forum Frontman Double Down's Avatar
    Join Date
    10.10.05
    Age
    49
    Location
    Boston
    Posts
    17,911
    Favorite VH Album

    ('78-'84) VH 1; ('86-'95) 5150
    Favorite VH Song

    Dave- I'm The One ; Sam- 5150
    Last Online

    11.17.17 @ 12:11 PM
    Likes
    538
    Liked 1,033 Times in 543 Posts

    Default

    Can't say enough good things about The Edge. Love the guy.
    Last edited by Double Down; 10.22.08 at 04:14 PM.
    .
    .
    .
    VH with Dave ('78-'84) - The best years....the "real" VH.
    VH with Sam ('86-'96) - Incredible era....."We have renamed this town 'New Halen!'.
    VH with Gary ('98) - Fucking disaster. WTF was that??
    VH with Wolf/Dave ('12-'15) - Amazing comeback. Smokin' album and tours.

 

 

Similar Threads

  1. At the edge of Europe
    By graeme in forum VH Fans Meeting Place (Non-Music)
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 05.27.08, 05:02 AM
  2. NEW NHL RBK EDGE JERSEYS
    By W.D.F.A in forum Play Ball!
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 08.30.07, 04:05 PM
  3. EVH vs The Edge
    By sampson simpson in forum Main VH Discussion
    Replies: 30
    Last Post: 12.16.02, 09:36 AM
  4. EVH vs The Edge
    By sampson simpson in forum Main VH Discussion
    Replies: 30
    Last Post: 12.16.02, 09:36 AM
  5. Sorry Bug... (Hey Van Edge)
    By MikeL in forum Main VH Discussion
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 08.02.00, 01:28 PM

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •