Follow us on...
Follow us on Twitter Follow us on Facebook Watch us on YouTube
Register
    Good Enough
    Last Online

11.29.17 @ 01:23 AM
    Liked 57 Times in 23 Posts

Default Edge from U2 talking guitars and effects

Some interesting video's of the Edge from U2 talking guitars and effects. From a recent BBC doco.

Good Enough
    Favorite VH Album

Balance
    Last Online

10.26.16 @ 03:37 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Uh oh! He broke the Universal sustainer rule in video 2!!

He doesn't have his shirt off!

Baluchitherium
    Favorite VH Album

VH1, VHII or Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

They're all great!
    Last Online

04.02.15 @ 07:26 AM
    Liked 5 Times in 2 Posts

Donor

i watched this series (it finished last night after 3 episodes)
    how the fuck the bbc can call it "the story of the guitar" i'll never know. they missed so much, it should have been about 30 episodes long and maybe then they would have scratched the surface....typical, they start out with a great idea and then loose interest or discover just how big the subject matter is and give up way too early.
    but some of the shows they showed on bbc4 were awesome the guitar gods was great.
    http://www.facebook.com/Tommywho5150

And with that I'm off to the kitchen to make myself a lesbian omelette...LLFHS in response to one of Graeme's post's

"The anal beads may have scarred SNIC for life. That guy is tough as fucking nails!! No normal guy could take anal beads to the head and survive! "...OLO on SNIC's near death experience at TLW

"I'm a 45-year-old man, and I still like to wear a thong or a speedo when I go swimming.
    Not because I have a great body, it's just an easy way to make sure I have the hotel swimming pool all to myself."...Bullwinkle for quite obvious reasons!

"Dude, the cashier gave me the creepiest sneer when he rang up my unmentionables!"...Sassy Lassy during a Facebook conversation!

Favorite VH Album

Balance
    Favorite VH Song

Seventh Seal/Me Wise Magic
    Last Online

12.10.17 @ 12:20 PM
    Liked 411 Times in 246 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by mrjstudios View Post
    Uh oh! He broke the Universal sustainer rule in video 2!!

He doesn't have his shirt off!

And no Loon!
    My man, when you are fantasizing, don't go for attainable, you can get attainable at the local Applebee's. - Dave's Dreidel

Eruption
    Favorite VH Album

All of them!
    Favorite VH Song

Most of them!
    Last Online

09.16.16 @ 04:53 PM
    Liked 10 Times in 5 Posts

What is intersting in the last video is his answer to the question about the type of gutar players he is into and Van halen would definatley not be one of them. If you listen to the last video you will see what I am talking about ! I definatley relate to what he is getting at. That the talented virtuoso runs its course, as proof with eddie.

Favorite VH Album

Last Online

12.05.17 @ 03:19 AM
    Liked 49 Times in 30 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by tommywho5150 View Post
    i watched this series (it finished last night after 3 episodes)
    how the fuck the bbc can call it "the story of the guitar" i'll never know. they missed so much, it should have been about 30 episodes long and maybe then they would have scratched the surface....typical, they start out with a great idea and then loose interest or discover just how big the subject matter is and give up way too early.
    but some of the shows they showed on bbc4 were awesome the guitar gods was great.
    I enjoyed the series a lot, and I thought it did a reasonable job of covering a huge topic in a short amount of time. It was a shame EVH didn't figure anywhere in it, but I think their choice of coverage was largely determined by who they could get interviews with. Plus, it was clearly pitched at the layman rather than guitarits, so while I might have liked to see Jeff Beck and so on, I think they were focusing on those players Joe Public is more conscious of, like Gilmour, Slash, The Edge, and so on. I felt Johnny Marr got more screen time than he merited. If they wanted another textural guitarist in addition to The Edge, then Andy Summers would have been more interesting. Then again, it was a UK-centric documentary, and the The Smiths were hugely influential here in the 80s.
    HERE AND GONE by Haylen Beck (Stuart Neville writing as...) - "It doesn't get better than this." - Lee Child, "Highly recommended." - Harlan Coben, "Cancel all your plans and settle in for the ride." - Ruth Ware, "This is a book that lives up to the buzz." - Alafair Burke

Summer 2017 UK & North America

Favorite VH Album

all
    Favorite VH Song

strung out....
    Last Online

02.28.14 @ 07:54 PM
    Liked 4 Times in 4 Posts

Premium Member

Donor

Edge is awesome...Lotta ppl here hate him,but I think he's fooking great....

Baluchitherium
    Favorite VH Album

VH1, VHII or Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

They're all great!
    Last Online

04.02.15 @ 07:26 AM
    Liked 5 Times in 2 Posts

Donor

Quote Originally Posted by Charvel2 View Post
    I enjoyed the series a lot, and I thought it did a reasonable job of covering a huge topic in a short amount of time. It was a shame EVH didn't figure anywhere in it, but I think their choice of coverage was largely determined by who they could get interviews with. Plus, it was clearly pitched at the layman rather than guitarits, so while I might have liked to see Jeff Beck and so on, I think they were focusing on those players Joe Public is more conscious of, like Gilmour, Slash, The Edge, and so on. I felt Johnny Marr got more screen time than he merited. If they wanted another textural guitarist in addition to The Edge, then Andy Summers would have been more interesting. Then again, it was a UK-centric documentary, and the The Smiths were hugely influential here in the 80s.
    i agree it started out very promising, they covered django, robert johnson and bb king not really what i would consider laymans musicians, more for the knowledgable musician...thres so many other artists i would have liked to have seen, aswell as evh they could have spoken to gary moore, vai (for more than 30seconds) satch, brian may(how they ignored him i'll never know)
    joe walsh even kirk hammett. to me its seemed like a half arsed attempt the just didnt try hard enough....nice try, but missed by a mile.

and yeah too much johnny marr....he's cool but nothing special(imo)
    http://www.facebook.com/Tommywho5150

And with that I'm off to the kitchen to make myself a lesbian omelette...LLFHS in response to one of Graeme's post's

"The anal beads may have scarred SNIC for life. That guy is tough as fucking nails!! No normal guy could take anal beads to the head and survive! "...OLO on SNIC's near death experience at TLW

"I'm a 45-year-old man, and I still like to wear a thong or a speedo when I go swimming.
    Not because I have a great body, it's just an easy way to make sure I have the hotel swimming pool all to myself."...Bullwinkle for quite obvious reasons!

"Dude, the cashier gave me the creepiest sneer when he rang up my unmentionables!"...Sassy Lassy during a Facebook conversation!

Favorite VH Album

('78-'84) VH 1; ('86-'95) 5150
    Favorite VH Song

Dave- I'm The One ; Sam- 5150
    Last Online

11.17.17 @ 12:11 PM
    Liked 1,033 Times in 543 Posts

Can't say enough good things about The Edge. Love the guy.
    Last edited by Double Down; 10.22.08 at 04:14 PM.
    VH with Dave ('78-'84) - The best years....the "real" VH.
    VH with Sam ('86-'96) - Incredible era....."We have renamed this town 'New Halen!'.
    VH with Gary ('98) - Fucking disaster. WTF was that??
    VH with Wolf/Dave ('12-'15) - Amazing comeback. Smokin' album and tours.