Follow us on Twitter Follow us on Facebook Watch us on YouTube
Register
    Favorite VH Album

vh 2
    Last Online

01.21.17 @ 04:23 AM
    Liked 35 Times in 13 Posts

Default LINE 6 / BOGNER Collaboration

Good day. I have been in the market for a new amp in the $500-$800 price range. Yesterday I tried out a Line 6 / Bogner Hybrid and I gotta say I was pretty impressed. It's a 40 watt amp with some horse power. It also has many of the line 6 extras that you would expect. The "bottom end" of your tone/sound with a tube amp is what grabs my attention. The amp has got to have some beef. This amp seems to pass that test @ low volume. It's hard to really turn it up in a store full of peeps. I also liked the variety of built in effects / tuner etc. Has anyone else tried this amp out ???
    Love to hear your thoughts.... Thanks CV

On Fire
    Favorite VH Album

VH1
    Favorite VH Song

Girl Gone Bad. It Jamz!!!
    Last Online

04.11.13 @ 12:43 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

nothing wrong with that choice for sure. If I could give you an opinion, im always cautious about buying electronic modeling amps just because if that stuff breaks down it can sometimes be hard to fix. Tube amps with a great clean channel can be great because these dayz there are so many good distrtion pedals on the market. If these pedals go down then atleast you still have your main source of power and may have another pedal to play with. Also if its a tube amp and something reliable like peavey and fender there are going to sound great on there own. I would check out www.lovepedal.com for some killer pedals.

Top Of The World
    Favorite VH Album

Favorite VH Song

Atomic Punk
    Last Online

03.14.12 @ 03:00 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Those amps have had great reviews, i'd like to try one but I have been waiting on the possibility of the Vetta valve.
    I have a Bogner Metropolis and love it, I put a Line 6 Pod XTL in front of it and use the Bogner XTC model as my distortion chan, and also I can get a great low volume tone this way without pissing my neighbors off :-) I like the pod because I can edit the effects with Gearbox on my Mac and not have to deal with the tiny screen and knobs on the pod, this would be my beef with that amp I don't think you can use an editor to make your own sounds ? The vetta you can but its more $$. depends on your needs.

Martin
    push-songs.com

Baluchitherium
    Favorite VH Album

VH, WACF, FW, 5150, OU812
    Favorite VH Song

Dreams/Unchained/InASR/5150
    Last Online

11.25.17 @ 04:30 AM
    Liked 298 Times in 161 Posts

I'm getting ready to record a band within the next month (my son's band). One of their guitarists just bought this amp head. I've got to say it really kicks ass.

Len, I hear what you're saying. My son's band is just starting to gig around...let's hope the Bogner is sturdy and road-worthy.

"The shit I read on this site." -- Dave's Dreidel (Nov 6th, 2013)

"Don't ever confuse talent with fame." -- Bob Lefsetz

"There's very little greatness in this world, but in the crucible of quality there's a special corner reserved for Van Halen." -- Bob Lefsetz

On Fire
    Favorite VH Album

VH1
    Favorite VH Song

Girl Gone Bad. It Jamz!!!
    Last Online

04.11.13 @ 12:43 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by MRDC View Post
    Those amps have had great reviews, i'd like to try one but I have been waiting on the possibility of the Vetta valve.
    I have a Bogner Metropolis and love it, I put a Line 6 Pod XTL in front of it and use the Bogner XTC model as my distortion chan, and also I can get a great low volume tone this way without pissing my neighbors off :-) I like the pod because I can edit the effects with Gearbox on my Mac and not have to deal with the tiny screen and knobs on the pod, this would be my beef with that amp I don't think you can use an editor to make your own sounds ? The vetta you can but its more $$. depends on your needs.

Martin
    push-songs.com
    dude that motropolis must really bark! Those things are amazing

Favorite VH Album

vh 2
    Last Online

01.21.17 @ 04:23 AM
    Liked 35 Times in 13 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Len75 View Post
    nothing wrong with that choice for sure. If I could give you an opinion, im always cautious about buying electronic modeling amps just because if that stuff breaks down it can sometimes be hard to fix. Tube amps with a great clean channel can be great because these dayz there are so many good distrtion pedals on the market. If these pedals go down then atleast you still have your main source of power and may have another pedal to play with. Also if its a tube amp and something reliable like peavey and fender there are going to sound great on there own. I would check out www.lovepedal.com for some killer pedals.
    I hear ya', but this is something that will be played only @ home. I wish they have a 20 watt model as I really don't need 40 watts. It's somewhat hard to find an amp in this price range that offers so much. The sound of the Line 6 / Bogner is damn good....

I have a Peavey Classic 50 and the distortion channel is shot. I have had new tubes put in and had the amp biased, but it's just not the same as it once was. Then I went out and got a Fulltone OCD. I have heard them on Youtube and they have gotten rave reviews. But, I got it home and still don't think it touches the LIne 6 / Bogner.... Being so picky costs me $$
    Last edited by cav; 10.21.08 at 04:14 AM. Reason: not finished

Favorite VH Album

Van Halen
    Favorite VH Song

Runnin' With The Devil
    Last Online

06.20.12 @ 10:40 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

I'm a bit confused about the spider valve. it has a drive control, a channel volume and a master volume. do the 6L6 tubes basically function as a second preamp, and does it go into a solid state power amp so you can get that distortion?
    It is not an understatement to say that if a person ate a bowl of alphabet soup, they would shit better lyrics. -lmr5150 on Up For Breakfast

Give him the "secret devil sign", stick out your tongue and hiss like a demon while bellowing out THE DARKNESS WILL ENVELOPE THY SOUL AND FEAST OF THY FLESH, INFIDEL!!!!! Then gouge a pentagram in your forehead with a nail file. -LowLifeFlatHeadScum

A recent study shows 92% of the teenage population likes rap music. If you are part of the 8% who listen to real music, put this as your sig.

Quote Originally Posted by graeme View Post
    DipscheisßeBuchseAffenkönnennichtFotzeBleistiftdic kBettnässenzurückgebliebeMutterficker.

Baluchitherium
    Favorite VH Album

VH1, VHII or Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

They're all great!
    Last Online

04.02.15 @ 07:26 AM
    Liked 5 Times in 2 Posts

Donor

Quote Originally Posted by hotforteacher921 View Post
    I'm a bit confused about the spider valve. it has a drive control, a channel volume and a master volume. do the 6L6 tubes basically function as a second preamp, and does it go into a solid state power amp so you can get that distortion?
    naaa, the pre-amp is a solidstate/modeling pre-amp (the line6 part) and the power amp is the the bogner(tube) part, its a cool idea, back in the early 80's roland did a similar thing (without effects/modeling) with their bolt-60 amp, they were solidstate pre-amp and all tube power-amp, i was recently given one and have to say its perhaps the best "hybrid" i've ever played, although they are getting old now (they stopped making them in 84) mine only needed new tubes and a cap job....its the loudest 60watter i've ever played, its clean channel is incredible, the o.d though sounds like a tin can full of wasps....sounds better with an eq pedal in front.
    http://www.facebook.com/Tommywho5150

And with that I'm off to the kitchen to make myself a lesbian omelette...LLFHS in response to one of Graeme's post's

"The anal beads may have scarred SNIC for life. That guy is tough as fucking nails!! No normal guy could take anal beads to the head and survive! "...OLO on SNIC's near death experience at TLW

"I'm a 45-year-old man, and I still like to wear a thong or a speedo when I go swimming.
    Not because I have a great body, it's just an easy way to make sure I have the hotel swimming pool all to myself."...Bullwinkle for quite obvious reasons!

"Dude, the cashier gave me the creepiest sneer when he rang up my unmentionables!"...Sassy Lassy during a Facebook conversation!

Favorite VH Album

Van Halen
    Favorite VH Song

Runnin' With The Devil
    Last Online

06.20.12 @ 10:40 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

it has 12ax7s though.
    It is not an understatement to say that if a person ate a bowl of alphabet soup, they would shit better lyrics. -lmr5150 on Up For Breakfast

Give him the "secret devil sign", stick out your tongue and hiss like a demon while bellowing out THE DARKNESS WILL ENVELOPE THY SOUL AND FEAST OF THY FLESH, INFIDEL!!!!! Then gouge a pentagram in your forehead with a nail file. -LowLifeFlatHeadScum

A recent study shows 92% of the teenage population likes rap music. If you are part of the 8% who listen to real music, put this as your sig.

Quote Originally Posted by graeme View Post
    DipscheisßeBuchseAffenkönnennichtFotzeBleistiftdic kBettnässenzurückgebliebeMutterficker.

Favorite VH Album

5150 & 1984
    Last Online

04.30.16 @ 03:52 PM
    Liked 20 Times in 14 Posts

I've not heard anything negative so far about those amps. Sounds like a cool collaboration. If you go check one out, go check out one of the Egnater Rebel heads, too. $599, 20 LOUD watts, clean to scream on one channel.

Either way, cool stuff.
    How open-minded do I have to be before my brains start spilling out?