Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Unchained
    Last Online

12.14.17 @ 01:36 AM
    Liked 84 Times in 35 Posts

Default Photo Tickets!! I got one but was not driving.

So last week I get a photo ticket in the mail. Yes, the truck is registered to me but I have not driven the truck in years. The truck is used by my Dads construction company and has been for years. The ticket is for $124.00!! The ticket shows 3 photo's.
    1. A close up of the license plate.
    2. A photo of the truck driving away.
    3. A photo of the truck driving farther away.

The truck has a canopy on it so you can not see who was driving. I called my Dad and asked who was driving the truck on Sept 17th at 7:40 AM in Renton? I knew he would not have the faintest idea who was driving the truck. He asked and of course none of his guys want to come forward.

The ticket gives you lots of options to check. I checked the option that I was not driving the truck. Then it says I have to list who was in control of the truck at that time. I said I do not know!!!!

So I call the friendly ticket agency in Scotsdale AZ and inform them of all of this. They say tough shit you own the truck, pay us!!!

I am going to contest it in court. I went to the Renton court yesterday and signed up for a court date. I asked the lady a few questions, I said isnt it innocent until proven guilty? She said NO!! Its like a parking ticket!!! Pay US!!

So I will go to court and see what the judge says. I have a call in my sister who is a attorney, she is out of town for some work thing. She is also a real estate attorney so I am not sure how much help she will be.

Anyone have any dealings with this type stuff? GS what do you know about these things. If I did it I would pay, I was not driving the truck. I do not license the truck or even insure it. Why should have to pay or rat out someone else to get off.

The whole things just seems wrong on so many levels.

Any help anyone can give me is appreciated.
    ((Just My Two Cents))
    And thats about what its worth.

Sinner's Swing!
    Last Online

10.27.17 @ 06:31 PM
    Liked 22 Times in 17 Posts

They have went crazy in this city with photo radar. They even send the tickets by certified mail now, because if you get it in the regular mail, you technically don't have to respond because you were never truly "served" with the ticket. But sending it by certified mail is considered getting served.

I would just pay it, and start keeping a log of who's driving what from here on out. It's a way for the city to make money, studies have shown it doesn't make the roads any safer. There are cameras on traffic lights and freeways all over out here. Scottsdale even have mobile units they move around on surface streets.
    Last edited by Rebel; 10.15.08 at 04:26 PM.

Favorite VH Album

Favorite VH Song

Summer Nights, Cabo Wabo
    Last Online

10.19.17 @ 06:44 PM
    Liked 55 Times in 21 Posts

Premium Member

Donor

Olo, it wasn't you. Click on the link to see actual video of the culprit that was driving YOUR car.

http://raccdrive.ytmnd.com/

Artists I Have Seen: 1D, 38 Special, Aerosmith, Alabama, Bad Company, Bad English, Billy Squire, Bob Seger, Bon Jovi, Boston, BTO, Cheap Trick, Chicago, Chickenfoot, Cinderella, Daughtry, Dave Matthews Band, Default, Def Leppard, Dio, Dokken, Drowning Pool, Eagles, Earth Wind & Fire, Eddie Money, Eric Clapton, Farenheit, Fleetwood Mac, Foreigner, Garth Brooks, George Strait, Glass Tiger, Heart, Huey Lewis and the News, Jackson Browne, Jimmy Buffett, Joan Jett and the Blackhearts, Joe Bonamassa, John Mellencamp, Journey, Keel, Kingdom Come, Kings X, KISS, Kool and the Gang, Krokus, Lionel Richie, Little River Band, Lou Gramm, Loverboy, Los Lonely Boys, Lynyrd Skynyrd, Metallica, Michael Bolton, Nickelback, Night Ranger, Paul Stanley, Peter Frampton, Pink Floyd, Poison, Red Rider, REO Speedwagon, Santana, Sammy Hagar, Shinedown, Steely Dan, Steve Miller Band, Styx, Ted Nugent, Tesla, The 1975, The Black Crowes, The Roots, The Wallflowers, U2, Van Halen, Whitesnake, Zac Brown Band, ZZ Top

Last Online

07.24.15 @ 10:25 PM
    Liked 10 Times in 3 Posts

Donor

My money says that raccoon #3 was driving the truck.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Favorite VH Song

Mean Street
    Last Online

03.01.10 @ 10:22 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Donor

Quote Originally Posted by OLO View Post
    So last week I get a photo ticket in the mail. Yes, the truck is registered to me but I have not driven the truck in years. The truck is used by my Dads construction company and has been for years. The ticket is for $124.00!! The ticket shows 3 photo's.
    1. A close up of the license plate.
    2. A photo of the truck driving away.
    3. A photo of the truck driving farther away.

The truck has a canopy on it so you can not see who was driving. I called my Dad and asked who was driving the truck on Sept 17th at 7:40 AM in Renton? I knew he would not have the faintest idea who was driving the truck. He asked and of course none of his guys want to come forward.

The ticket gives you lots of options to check. I checked the option that I was not driving the truck. Then it says I have to list who was in control of the truck at that time. I said I do not know!!!!

So I call the friendly ticket agency in Scotsdale AZ and inform them of all of this. They say tough shit you own the truck, pay us!!!

I am going to contest it in court. I went to the Renton court yesterday and signed up for a court date. I asked the lady a few questions, I said isnt it innocent until proven guilty? She said NO!! Its like a parking ticket!!! Pay US!!

So I will go to court and see what the judge says. I have a call in my sister who is a attorney, she is out of town for some work thing. She is also a real estate attorney so I am not sure how much help she will be.

Anyone have any dealings with this type stuff? GS what do you know about these things. If I did it I would pay, I was not driving the truck. I do not license the truck or even insure it. Why should have to pay or rat out someone else to get off.

The whole things just seems wrong on so many levels.

Any help anyone can give me is appreciated.
    http://www.pnwlocalnews.com/south_ki.../17996104.html

"The ticket is mailed to the vehicle's registered owner, even if he or she wasn't driving the vehicle at the time.

The registered owner (or in some cases, the actual driver if not the registered owner) can opt to challenge the ticket or at least ask for a mitigation hearing to explain why he or she ran the red light. A judge has the option to reduce the fine."

I'm not sure what else you can do other than to go to court and explain the situation. Is it really worth it to you for $124? Honestly, you should ask your dad's company to pay the ticket. And then, you should transfer the title to your dad's company so that you are no longer the registered owner. Otherwise, it will probably happen again.

Favorite VH Song

Mean Street
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Donor

OLO, here is a link that I found by looking at the City of Renton code. It has lots of good information.

http://rentonwa.gov/living/default.aspx?id=16118

My hourly rate is $350. You owe me $35. I will accept payment in racoon stew.

On Fire Eddie's Littler Monster's Avatar
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

In A Simple Rhyme
    Last Online

07.14.17 @ 10:27 AM
    Liked 11 Times in 5 Posts

should have just thrown it away. If they didn't physically serve it to you in person, their is no legal way to prove it's you. At least you dont live here. It blows with photo radar all over this town.

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Unchained
    Last Online

Quote Originally Posted by Guitar Shark View Post
    OLO, here is a link that I found by looking at the City of Renton code. It has lots of good information.

http://rentonwa.gov/living/default.aspx?id=16118

My hourly rate is $350. You owe me $35. I will accept payment in racoon stew.

My hourly rate is $175, a few years back you asked me for some electrical info after you had a Home Inspection. I spent 5 hours writing a reply to your PM.

I filed for a contested hearing in person. I guess I will just explain the situation to the judge and see what he/she says.

GS, you have to admit this is lame and comes across as a license to steal. What happened to innocent until proven guilty. How can they get away with this. No photo of the driver. They could just print these tickets all day long. Its just not right.
    ((Just My Two Cents))

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Unchained
    Last Online

If raccoon 3 was driving then I really have my hands full.
    ((Just My Two Cents))

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Unchained
    Last Online

Quote Originally Posted by Eddie's Littler Monster View Post
    should have just thrown it away. If they didn't physically serve it to you in person, their is no legal way to prove it's you. At least you dont live here. It blows with photo radar all over this town.
    I asked my sister about this and she said it was a crap shoot. I could end up in collections and screw up my credit. Best to just deal with this.
    ((Just My Two Cents))

Favorite VH Song

Mean Street
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Donor

My hourly rate is $175, a few years back you asked me for some electrical info after you had a Home Inspection. I spent 5 hours writing a reply to your PM.

I filed for a contested hearing in person. I guess I will just explain the situation to the judge and see what he/she says.

GS, you have to admit this is lame and comes across as a license to steal. What happened to innocent until proven guilty. How can they get away with this. No photo of the driver. They could just print these tickets all day long. Its just not right.
    You're not the first person to complain about this. It's pretty clearly designed to increase revenue for cash-strapped city governments. The reality is that most people will just pay the ticket rather than face the hassle of contesting it, so it makes financial sense for them to do it. Since there is a way for you to contest the ticket, it would probably pass judicial scrutiny.

Seriously though, you should talk to your dad about switching the registered owner on that vehicle. Good luck my man.

Favorite VH Album

F.U.C.K. 1984
    Favorite VH Song

Feels So Good (deal with it...
    Last Online

12.13.17 @ 09:21 AM
    Liked 426 Times in 228 Posts

Premium Member

Donor

If he pays you any of that money owing you might want to invest in some typing lessons. 5 hours???? Probably should have taken 8 minutes..tops!
    Signature not currently available. You aren't missing much.

Favorite VH Album

Halen 1
    Favorite VH Song

I'm the one
    Last Online

11.30.17 @ 06:15 PM
    Liked 257 Times in 92 Posts

Donor

I charge a hundred fifty dollars an hour as a Project Manager. I can draw you up a project plan so quickly on how quick you'll get screwed on this it'll be free.
    sheepa latta peepah dabba looka foh a moopy

Gunter glieben glauchen globen

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Unchained
    Last Online

I look forward to hearing from you.
    ((Just My Two Cents))

Favorite VH Album

Van Halen 1
    Favorite VH Song

Somebody Get Me A Doctor
    Last Online

08.27.17 @ 09:39 AM
    Liked 185 Times in 105 Posts

Send them a picture of the money.

Seriously though, I would have your Dad's company pay for it and make sure your name is no longer associated with the truck. I probably wouldn't fight it in court, it might not be worth it since you more than likely wouldn't win. A judge would probably say, "It's your truck, you have no proof who was driving, pay up bitch."
    Just go for it!