Favorite VH Song

Somebody Get Me a Doctor
    Last Online

03.10.14 @ 08:22 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Default Girl, 14, found starving in home; parents charged

okay, so i searched, and could not find this one:

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20081014/...CSxP4L85FH2ocA

SEATTLE - A father and stepmother were charged with withholding their 14-year-old daughter's food and water so drastically that she weighed only 48 pounds, authorities said.

Jon Pomeroy, 43, and his wife, Rebecca Long, 44, could face as much as four years in prison if convicted of criminal mistreatment, prosecutor's spokesman Dan Donohoe said. The couple were released on bail late Monday after the charges were brought.

The girl was removed from the family home near Carnation, about 20 miles east of Seattle, in August after a neighbor called child welfare authorities.

The veteran detective who investigated "said this is the worst case he's ever seen, especially for an ongoing pattern of abuse over several years," county sheriff's spokesman John Urquhart said.

According to prosecutors, Long confirmed to a deputy that she considered the girl a behavior problem and restricted her water as discipline. The woman said she had been home-schooling the girl and her 12-year-old brother for four years.

The girl, who is 4 feet 7 inches tall, told authorities that she was given primarily toast to eat and only about 6 ounces of water per day. She said her stepmother even watched when she brushed her teeth to make sure she didn't drink extra water.

She suffered severe malnutrition and dehydration and spent two weeks at Children's Hospital in Seattle. Dentists had to extract six teeth because of long-term decay, court papers said.

She is now in foster care and has gained more than 20 pounds, prosecutors said. Her foster father said she is attending a private school and making friends.

The boy, whose height and weight were normal, was also placed in foster care, authorities said.

It was not immediately known if the couple had lawyers. No one answered the door Monday at their home.

Pomeroy, a computer software engineer, had divorced the girl's mother in the 1990s, The Seattle Times reported.

In a court affidavit, a detective said the father told him the conflict between his daughter and wife "was concerning but he thought they could just handle it themselves." Pomeroy admitted he never sought professional help for the girl even though he noticed she looked far younger than 14.

Even the family's two dogs were fed normally and had recently been taken to the vet, authorities said.

Child Protective Services had investigated after a teacher reported concerns about the girl in 2005, and the stepmother received counseling. "There were similar issues with the girl's weight. Obviously, it was not as extreme," CPS spokesman Thomas Shapley told the newspaper.

Riverview School District officials said the girl had been attending a once-a-week class for home-schooled students when the teacher raised the concerns in March 2005. Her parents withdrew her from the program, and afterward failed to file yearly reports required from parents who home-school their children.

(This version CORRECTS Adds quote from sheriff's department, detail on 2005 school report, corrects location to 20 sted 40 miles from Seattle.)
    [On the House Un-American Activities Committee] "They'll nail anyone who ever scratched his ass during the National Anthem."- Humphrey Bogart
    The very existence of flamethrowers proves that sometime, somewhere, someone said to themselves, "You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close enough to get the job done".- George Carlin
    "I just think people should be very free with sex. They should draw the line at goats." - Elton John
    "I'm just trying to figure out why you donít have any clothes on," the deputy said.

"Me too," Krauss replied.

"Donít forget! One sperm can ruin your whole day!"

Favorite VH Album

VH I
    Favorite VH Song

Unchained
    Last Online

08.31.15 @ 02:01 PM
    Liked 14 Times in 6 Posts

Very disturbing. Yet another example of the inhumanity that people are capable of.

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

So this is love?
    Last Online

01.01.13 @ 04:06 PM
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

What THE FUCK?????????????

God damn that shit pisses me off!!!!!
    "It doesn't mean that much to me to mean that much to you..." -Neil Young

"The sun's not yellow, it's chicken." -Bob Dylan

"If you go out and buy a Van Halen record and put it in your collection, it'll melt your other records." -David Lee Roth, 1981.

Guy of Gisborne: Why a spoon, cousin? Why not an axe?
    Sheriff of Nottingham: Because it's DULL, you twit!!! It'll HURT MORE!!!

Eruption
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Runnin' With the Devil
    Last Online

12.15.17 @ 12:34 PM
    Liked 34 Times in 14 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by VH Wahoo View Post
    Very disturbing. Yet another example of the inhumanity that people are capable of.
    Seriously. Could you even imagine it? Picture starving a human being to death physically knowing they knew you were starving them. The sight of your own child starving over a period of years, the suffering you would hear and see on a daily basis. I'm dumbfounded.

Last Online

07.05.17 @ 10:26 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Donor

Stupid fucks.

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Mean Street, Little Guitars
    Last Online

07.19.17 @ 06:30 AM
    Liked 13 Times in 3 Posts

It's all very disturbing.

Perhaps the most bizarre part of that is the pets were fed normally and recently taken to the vet.

Baluchitherium
    Favorite VH Album

VH II
    Favorite VH Song

Down in Flames
    Last Online

12.13.17 @ 02:13 AM
    Liked 200 Times in 83 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Wickett View Post
    It's all very disturbing.

Perhaps the most bizarre part of that is the pets were fed normally and recently taken to the vet.
    You can probably expect to see more of this. There is a subtext to our culture that values animals more than humans.

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Unchained
    Last Online

12.14.17 @ 01:36 AM
    Liked 84 Times in 35 Posts

Its a very sad story. When I heard this this morning I was shocked. My thoughts and prayers go out to her and her brother.
    ((Just My Two Cents))
    And thats about what its worth.

Last Online

12.15.17 @ 02:26 PM
    Liked 1,026 Times in 501 Posts

As part, "part" of their punishment, they should both be taken into a room and have the living shit beaten out of them. Hard, pipe hittin muthafucka's!

Then, starve about 70% of their body weight off of them over the next year or 2. To the threshold of death. Then throw em some fecal matter impregnated with corn to nourish themselves with...

Subhuman garbage...
    Last edited by Rokgtar; 10.15.08 at 02:29 PM.