Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

In a Simple Rhyme
    Last Online

02.25.12 @ 06:53 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Default Alaska panel finds Palin abused power in firing

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20081011/...in_troopergate

ANCHORAGE, Alaska - Sarah Palin unlawfully abused her power as governor by trying to have her former brother-in-law fired as a state trooper, the chief investigator of an Alaska legislative panel concluded Friday. The politically charged inquiry imperiled her reputation as a reformer on John McCain's Republican ticket.

Investigator Stephen Branchflower, in a report by a bipartisan panel that investigated the matter, found Palin in violation of a state ethics law that prohibits public officials from using their office for personal gain.

The inquiry looked into her dismissal of Public Safety Commissioner Walter Monegan, who said he lost his job because he resisted pressure to fire a state trooper involved in a bitter divorce with the governor's sister. Palin says Monegan was fired as part of a legitimate budget dispute.

The panel found that Palin let the family grudge influence her decision-making even if it was not the sole reason Monegan was dismissed. "I feel vindicated," Monegan said. "It sounds like they've validated my belief and opinions. And that tells me I'm not totally out in left field."

Branchflower said Palin violated a statute of the Alaska Executive Branch Ethics Act.

Palin and McCain's supporters had hoped the inquiry's finding would be delayed until after the presidential election to spare her any embarrassment and to put aside an enduring distraction as she campaigns as McCain's running mate in an uphill contest against Democrat Barack Obama.

But the panel of lawmakers voted to release the report, although not without dissension.

"I think there are some problems in this report," said Republican state Sen. Gary Stevens, a member of the panel. "I would encourage people to be very cautious, to look at this with a jaundiced eye."

The nearly 300-page report does not recommend sanctions or a criminal investigation.
    "your incompetence is not my emergency"

Atomic Punk
    Last Online

12.11.17 @ 04:37 PM
    Liked 1,229 Times in 448 Posts

the husband will take the fall for it... and she'll claim ignorance to all he did...
    "Watch what people are cynical about, and one can often discover what they lack.” -- Gen. George S. Patton

Favorite VH Album

Too hard to choose
    Favorite VH Song

Too hard to choose
    Last Online

06.02.16 @ 09:13 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

First of all, she and McCain are not going to win anyway. But if this is the best they can get her for, then she's got nothing to worry about. Of course if this were a democrat politician, we might find a two sentence article on it back on page 79 of the N.Y. Times.

Favorite VH Album

VH II
    Favorite VH Song

D.O.A.
    Last Online

08.22.16 @ 01:33 PM
    Liked 67 Times in 65 Posts

(hate these pop up ads now)
    but at least she isn't linked to a hate monger pastor or terrorist leader(state trooper)
    I used to wonder why he was grinning all the time(Michael Ian Black talkin about EVH on VH1 I love the 80's) but then i realized the reason he's grinning is because he's Eddie F*#king Van Halen

Favorite VH Album

OU812
    Favorite VH Song

Drop Dead Legs
    Last Online

08.08.17 @ 07:08 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by pal1800 View Post
    ...if this is the best they can get her for, then she's got nothing to worry about.
    Well, that, AND.....she's a complete idiot. BUT, she does represent "Joe Six Pack", ...so why not!?!? The majority of "folks" in the U.S. are idiots

Favorite VH Album

VH II
    Favorite VH Song

D.O.A.
    Last Online

08.22.16 @ 01:33 PM
    Liked 67 Times in 65 Posts

you know in all honesty what fuckin difference does it make, they are all liars
    I used to wonder why he was grinning all the time(Michael Ian Black talkin about EVH on VH1 I love the 80's) but then i realized the reason he's grinning is because he's Eddie F*#king Van Halen

Favorite VH Album

Too hard to choose
    Favorite VH Song

Too hard to choose
    Last Online

06.02.16 @ 09:13 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by KRAMER5150 View Post
    you know in all honesty what fuckin difference does it make, they are all liars
    That pretty well sums it up.

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Hear About It Later
    Last Online

12.06.17 @ 06:36 AM
    Liked 119 Times in 56 Posts

Premium Member

Donor

If I were governor, and a sworn law enforcement official representing my state was beating my sister, not only would I have him fired, I would call a press conference and tell everyone exactly what I did and why I did it. Then I'd go kick his ass in his front yard, or get mine kicked trying.

Sarah Palin's a badass woman for badass times. I just wish she and McCain had balls.

Favorite VH Album

Anything Mike played on
    Favorite VH Song

Anything Mike played on
    Last Online

07.30.17 @ 08:59 PM
    Liked 60 Times in 35 Posts

Donor

How inconvenient.
    LowLifeFlatHeadScum

[sigpic][/sigpic]

Your Hacked Nude Photo Here!

Middle of Tornado/earthquake alley.... so confused!!!
    Favorite VH Album

F.U.C.K
    Favorite VH Song

Poundcake
    Last Online

07.22.17 @ 01:18 PM
    Liked 8 Times in 2 Posts

Donor

Palin rules! I already filled out my ab ballot! You go girl!
    http://www.myspace.com/texaschic22
    It's private.. but if you at least say who you are from VH links I will add ya!

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Panama
    Last Online

12.13.17 @ 04:06 PM
    Liked 2,236 Times in 1,354 Posts

Palin sucks. As a woman who has long followed politics and public policy and previously supported McClain, I was excited about seeing a woman on the ticket this year and shocked to see that it happened on the GOP side. As I have come to learn more about Palin, her practice, policies and positions, I have come more and more to feel like a kid on Christmas morning who is opening up box after box of underwear, socks and slippers.

If you are going to talk the talk, you better walk the walk....Palin got into office on a "reformer" and fiscal conservative platform, but the truth is, she is niehter a reformer nor a fiscal conservative. Her term as governor has included the cronyism, subpeona dodging, and use of personal email to hide the paper trail of government business.

Everyone talks about how refreshing she is...how she connects with the common citizen, how charismatic she is....PEOPLE....you just described a talk show host....not a governor...except talk show hosts are expected to know "stuff".

She did nothing as mayor of Wasilla to back up her claims of being fiscally conservative, or an ethical reformer and she's continuing that program as governor

Favorite VH Album

They're all shit
    Last Online

11.19.17 @ 09:41 AM
    Liked 34 Times in 20 Posts

I don't like to watch more than about 30 seconds of Palin on TV because she gives me a headache, and because she is a stupid cunt. But, I will watch her try to spin her way out of this with some glee.

Popcorn's ready......
    A man could lose himself in a country like this.

My blog at http://tollins.blogspot.de/

Favorite VH Album

5150, Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Dance The Night Away, Dreams
    Last Online

11.02.17 @ 09:45 PM
    Liked 28 Times in 9 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by nicholas_kudochop View Post
    Well, that, AND.....she's a complete idiot. BUT, she does represent "Joe Six Pack", ...so why not!?!? The majority of "folks" in the U.S. are idiots
    The only "Folks" in the U.S. that are idiots are the ones that will vote for Obama in November. All they can get on Palin is this, but follow Obama's history back, and you find him associating with people who hate America and what it stands for. Yet, people believe his rhetoric of "Change". Good luck with that.

And I'm not saying what Palin did was right, but if many of us were in the same situation, we would have probably done the same thing. Family is family.
    Last edited by Viking; 10.11.08 at 08:57 AM.
    "Viking - last to sleep, first to rise, last to leave, that's how the Nords of old rocked the house." ~ timmac in the 'Texas Linkers' thread talking about yours truly. :-)

Last Online

03.03.15 @ 08:31 PM
    Liked 2 Times in 1 Post

Donor

This tit for tat shit is amazing. The mentality of the five year old child just never leaves some people.

Favorite VH Album

The 1 that had that 1 song
    Favorite VH Song

Runaround, MWM, MAM
    Last Online

05.21.17 @ 06:42 PM
    Liked 9 Times in 4 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Viking View Post
    The only "Folks" in the U.S. that are idiots are the ones that will vote for Obama in November. All they can get on Palin is this, but follow Obama's history back, and you find him associating with people who hate America and what it stands for. Yet, people believe his rhetoric of "Change". Good luck with that.

And I'm not saying what Palin did was right, but if many of us were in the same situation, we would have probably done the same thing. Family is family.
    Then I guess I'm an idiot.

I'd rather be an idiot than blind to the reality that McCain's plans will, essentially, make it impossible for me to keep my already expensive insurance. He'll call for MORE de-regulation in the insurance and banking industries and we truly WILL hit the 2nd depression. His plans will call for more wealth to go up, not down. Trickle down economics hasn't worked when instituted in the past.

I guess that's fine for some. Not for me. I'm tired of squeaking by week to week.

And No. I wouldn't have done what Palin did. I agree family is family. But, once you lose your principles and morals, there is no return.
    "Jesus, that fucker just crawled out of his hen house that was destroyed by the Alabama tornados. Fucking 280mph plus winds sucked the gleam off this bitch and passed it on to a bird in Rhoad Island." - Hurricane Halen 5/3/11 (about my birthday chicken from seenbad)

"Pete is this big, loud muthafucker with a big ass heart, y'all!!!!---------" - Hurricane Halen 9/27/13

"Princess Freckle-Tits hasn't had a good day." LLFHS 7/8/10 (on Lindsay Lohans' legal drama)

http://www.facebook.com/RedRockinMonkeyBoy

CHILDREN OF "THE FOOT" UNITE