Follow us on...
Follow us on Twitter Follow us on Facebook Watch us on YouTube
Register
    Atomic Punk
    Last Online

12.11.17 @ 04:37 PM
    Liked 1,229 Times in 448 Posts

Default Illinois sheriff scolds banks for evictions of 'innocent' renters

CHICAGO, Illinois (CNN) -- An outraged sheriff in Illinois who refuses to evict "innocent" renters from foreclosed homes criticized mortgage companies Thursday and said the law should protect victims of the mortgage meltdown.

http://www.cnn.com/2008/US/10/08/chi...ons/index.html
    "Watch what people are cynical about, and one can often discover what they lack. -- Gen. George S. Patton

Favorite VH Album

F.U.C.K.
    Favorite VH Song

Humans Being
    Last Online

12.14.17 @ 05:57 AM
    Liked 40 Times in 29 Posts

Donor

Good man.
    "What we are dealing with here, is a complete lack of respect for the law" - Jackie Gleason, Smokey and the Bandit

www.geocaching.com - The site where you are the search engine.

Atomic Punk
    Favorite VH Album

Van Halen II/OU812
    Favorite VH Song

Good Enough/Little Guitars
    Last Online

06.25.15 @ 09:06 AM
    Liked 42 Times in 11 Posts

My dad works with Tom Dart and he's been talking about this recently. He's a hell of a guy in person, garners a whole lot more respect from me on this one
    "I respect that youre passionate about this but what your saying is complete idiocy..." - MF5150 on McDonald's "preying" on young kids.

"He was born a human, he's a horse's ass by proxy." - It's Mike on Eddymon.

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Panama
    Last Online

12.16.17 @ 07:41 PM
    Liked 2,238 Times in 1,356 Posts

as a landlord, I can tell you that I have had a few renters come to me because the home they were renting was being foreclosed on

ususally they hear from their landlord but I have had a couple of cases where they heard the info third hand.

I think the sheriff is correct in this...these "innocent bystander" tenants should receive due process just like any other tenant removed from the premises by forcible entry detainer.

The only reason I can think that a bank would want the tenants removed form the premises would be that either 1) the rent rolls show a lot of non payers and it's cheaper and easier to get them out all (even those who have paid) all at once in the foreclosure process 2) that the bank just doesn't want the liability of being a landlord during the resale process or 3) the property has a "higher and best use" as something other than an apartment building.

all three are cases of bank greed in my opinion

Atomic Punk
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

You\'re Kidding,right?
    Last Online

05.31.14 @ 08:17 PM
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Okay, I'm a bank.

I own an apartment building or rooming house via foreclosure. I can:

A: kick the tennants out and hope to sell the building in the middle of the largest down housing market since the depression.

B: Keep the renters and collect rent and honor the rental lease. As long as the tenants are current and observe the rules everything is cool.

Hmmmmmm.......

Remember when you had to be smart to be in banking?
    "Nothing is ever what it seems but everything is exactly what it is." - B. Banzai

My Blog:

http://axxman300tool.blogspot.com/

http://www.myspace.com/axxman300

Last Online

10.23.15 @ 04:49 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Axxman300 View Post
    Okay, I'm a bank.

I own an apartment building or rooming house via foreclosure. I can:

A: kick the tennants out and hope to sell the building in the middle of the largest down housing market since the depression.

B: Keep the renters and collect rent and honor the rental lease. As long as the tenants are current and observe the rules everything is cool.

Hmmmmmm.......

Remember when you had to be smart to be in banking?
    Nothing they do anymore is smart. The government has to propose that the banks try to restructure people's mortgages to help them stay in their home and prevent a foreclosure? We were talking about this at the Links months ago. It truly is a world gone crazy.
    Life may not be the party we hoped for, but while we are here we might as well dance.

Live simply. Love generously. Care deeply. Speak kindly.

Favorite VH Album

Anything Mike played on
    Favorite VH Song

Anything Mike played on
    Last Online

07.30.17 @ 08:59 PM
    Liked 60 Times in 35 Posts

Donor

Quote Originally Posted by vhrocks2005 View Post
    My dad works with Tom Dart and he's been talking about this recently. He's a hell of a guy in person, garners a whole lot more respect from me on this one
    Nice to see someone standing up for the "little guy". Balls the size of coconuts.
    LowLifeFlatHeadScum

[sigpic][/sigpic]

Your Hacked Nude Photo Here!

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Panama
    Last Online

Quote Originally Posted by loveevhsince79 View Post
    Nothing they do anymore is smart. The government has to propose that the banks try to restructure people's mortgages to help them stay in their home and prevent a foreclosure? We were talking about this at the Links months ago. It truly is a world gone crazy.
    You go to a bank to apply for a business loan these days and they ask you to fill out a three page finacial disclosure, basically open up all the aspects of your personal and business financial life for scrutiny.....in addition to your business records, they want to know your personal income, your assets, how you pay your bills etc

They want you to personally guarantee the business loan

You go to a bank these days to open a savings account or buy a cd, and you can't look across the desk and ask the banking officers to personally guarantee that they will responsibly use your assets while they are in their possession...

I think you should be able to

Favorite VH Album

Pirates of the Carribean
    Favorite VH Song

How Many Say Aye?
    Last Online

12.16.17 @ 06:56 PM
    Liked 1,627 Times in 873 Posts

Premium Member

Donor

Quote Originally Posted by Daisy Hill View Post
    You go to a bank to apply for a business loan these days and they ask you to fill out a three page finacial disclosure, basically open up all the aspects of your personal and business financial life for scrutiny.....in addition to your business records, they want to know your personal income, your assets, how you pay your bills etc

They want you to personally guarantee the business loan

You go to a bank these days to open a savings account or buy a cd, and you can't look across the desk and ask the banking officers to personally guarantee that they will responsibly use your assets while they are in their possession...

I think you should be able to
    FDIC. Banks have it, individuals don't.
    -TVH-

If there must be trouble, let it be in my day, that my child may have peace. -Thomas Paine

What is government itself but the greatest of all reflections on human nature? - James Madison

Any man who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the Government take care of him better take a closer look at the American Indian. - Henry Ford

Favorite VH Album

F.U.C.K.
    Favorite VH Song

Humans Being
    Last Online

12.14.17 @ 05:57 AM
    Liked 40 Times in 29 Posts

Donor

Lender sues Cook Co. sheriff, demands he obey eviction orders
    Associated Press

A mortgage lender has filed a lawsuit in Cook County Circuit Court seeking to force the county's sheriff to resume evicting people from foreclosed homes.

Sheriff Tom Dart on Wednesday announced he'd stop sending his deputies on court-ordered mortgage foreclosure evictions because many of those forced from their homes were renters who faithfully paid their rent.

Accredited Home Lenders filed a lawsuit Thursday to get Dart to obey an order that calls for the eviction of Shirley McFarland of Dolton from her foreclosed bungalow. In a statement, attorneys for the mortgage lender said although Dart may have concerns about the orders he is charged with enforcing, he cannot refuse to carry them out.

Meanwhile, Dart met with Cook County Judge Dorothy Kirie Kinnaird, head of the Chancery Division, on Thursday to discuss his stance on foreclosure evictions.

The sheriff suggested Kinnaird require banks to file an affidavit saying the homeowner and potential renters all have been given notice of the pending eviction before calling on deputies to evict residents.

Dart spokesman Steve Patterson said the meeting "went well." However, he declined to comment on the Accredited Home lawsuit.
    "What we are dealing with here, is a complete lack of respect for the law" - Jackie Gleason, Smokey and the Bandit

www.geocaching.com - The site where you are the search engine.

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Panama
    Last Online

Quote Originally Posted by Ted Van Halen View Post
    FDIC. Banks have it, individuals don't.
    we had a case of a local bank president who used the funds of his bank as though they were his own...made handshake loans to friends, made loans to himself in the name of other clients and then made new loans to himself to cover the old loans.

he wasn't caught until someone pulled up their credit report and found out that he had loans on his report that were paid off, that he had never applied for,

turns out the banker was using the funds to pay his credit cards and other debts, fund home improvements, pay his kids college and for travel.

he received a slap on the wrist ...couple of years of probation and restitution.

That is one of three small town bank scandals I can think of around here
    If some individual is holding my money and he is personally a financial idiot, I should have a right to know.....FDIC doesn't cover everything, and there should be the same kind of personal accountability within my bank that they require of me.

Favorite VH Album

VH II
    Favorite VH Song

D.O.A.
    Last Online

08.22.16 @ 01:33 PM
    Liked 67 Times in 65 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Daisy Hill View Post
    we had a case of a local bank president who used the funds of his bank as though they were his own...made handshake loans to friends, made loans to himself in the name of other clients and then made new loans to himself to cover the old loans.

he wasn't caught until someone pulled up their credit report and found out that he had loans on his report that were paid off, that he had never applied for,

turns out the banker was using the funds to pay his credit cards and other debts, fund home improvements, pay his kids college and for travel.

he received a slap on the wrist ...couple of years of probation and restitution.

That is one of three small town bank scandals I can think of around here
    If some individual is holding my money and he is personally a financial idiot, I should have a right to know.....FDIC doesn't cover everything, and there should be the same kind of personal accountability within my bank that they require of me.
    see this is what is wrong with this whole situation that we are in now, this fucktard should be doin serious time right now, along with those fucks at AIG, i dont care what their business perks were before!!!!
    I used to wonder why he was grinning all the time(Michael Ian Black talkin about EVH on VH1 I love the 80's) but then i realized the reason he's grinning is because he's Eddie F*#king Van Halen