Follow us on...
Follow us on Twitter Follow us on Facebook Watch us on YouTube
Register
Page 1 of 8 1234 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 115
  1. #1
    Hang 'Em High
    Join Date
    01.07.07
    Location
    The Texxas Jam - 1978
    Posts
    5,965
    Favorite VH Album

    Depends on the Day of the Week
    Favorite VH Song

    HAIL, D.O.A., TYWH
    Last Online

    12.17.17 @ 09:58 PM
    Likes
    1,123
    Liked 1,331 Times in 801 Posts

    DNC seeks to silence lawsuit over Obama birth certificate

    http://www.worldnetdaily.com/index.p...w&pageId=76933

    The Democrat suing his own party says it's 'like they're in cahoots'

    -----------------------------------------------------------------
    Posted: October 04, 2008


    By Drew Zahn -- WorldNetDaily


    The man suing Sen. Barack Obama and the Democratic National Committee for proof of Obama's American citizenship is outraged that his own party – rather than just providing the birth certificate he seeks – would step in to silence him by filing a motion to dismiss his lawsuit.

    As World Net Daily reported, prominent Pennsylvania Democrat and attorney Philip J. Berg filed suit in U.S. District Court two months ago claiming Obama is not a natural-born U.S. citizen and therefore not eligible to be elected president. Berg has since challenged Obama publicly that if the candidate will simply produce authorized proof of citizenship, he'll drop the suit.

    Berg told WND the longer the DNC tries to ignore his lawsuit or make it go away – instead of just providing the documents – the more convinced he is that his accusations are correct.

    Despite assertions by the Washington Post, FactChecker.org and other organizations that Obama has produced a certified Hawaiian birth certificate, Berg told WND he remains "99.99 percent sure" that the certificate is a fake and he wants a court, not a website, to determine its validity.

    Earlier last week, lawyers for Obama and the DNC filed a joint motion to dismiss Berg's lawsuit. The fact that the DNC joined in the dismissal request has Berg fuming, believing his party's leaders have ignored his pleas for proof in order to favor their chosen candidate over a rank-and-file constituent.

    "I think it's outrageous," Berg said. "The Democratic National Committee should be ensuring the Democratic Party and the public that they have a qualified candidate up there. To file a joint motion is like they're in cahoots.

    "Since then, I have asked by way of press release that Howard Dean resign, because (the DNC members) are not fulfilling their duties," Berg said.

    "The DNC has a responsibility to all Democrats in this country to make sure that all of their candidates are properly vetted and properly qualified," Berg added. "I think it's really an outrage to the 18-plus million people who voted for Obama and the people who donated more than $425 million to him under false pretenses."

    Berg is frustrated, not only with his own party's leadership for allegedly not investigating Obama's background, but also with the major news outlets for failing as well.

    "I should also be suing the national media and their disgrace for not properly vetting, inspecting or checking on Barack Obama.

    "Look what they're doing to Governor Palin: They're opening up her closet doors, they're going through everything personal, but no one has ever gone after Obama. It doesn't make sense," Berg said.

    Obama's website counters Berg's claims with links to articles that affirm the validity of his citizenship and an image of a Hawaiian birth certificate for Barack Hussein Obama, born in Honolulu, Aug. 4, 1961. The webpage is part of the Obama campaign website's "Fight the Smears" section, an effort to prevent reports that Obama claims are false from disseminating as damaging rumors.

    Berg acknowledges that as long as his lawsuit remains outstanding, the public will talk, and he told WND he wants Obama to quickly prove him wrong or the court to quickly prove him right.

    "I've been on about 50 radio shows around the country," Berg said, "and on every one I've put out a challenge: Barack Obama, if I'm wrong, just come forth with certified copies of these documents and I'll close down the case."

    Berg told WND, "I've had 19 million hits on my website. …Those people talk to other people, now we're up to 20, 30, 40 million people who are aware of this controversy, and it's going to drastically affect the entire election."

    When asked what he would do if the DNC succeeded in getting his case dismissed, Berg said he would "immediately file an appeal to the Third Circuit Court of Appeals, and if we don't get a fair ruling there, immediately to the U.S. Supreme Court."

    "We're dealing with the U.S. Constitution and it must be followed," Berg explained. "I want the Constitution enforced; that's my main reason for doing this.

    "The real outrage is that there's nothing in our system that provides that a candidate must provide that his qualifications are true and correct before he or she runs, and that safeguard should be put into our system by law," Berg said.

    ~~8 U.S.C. § 1182(f)~~

  2. #2
    Atomic Punk lovemachine97(Version 2)'s Avatar
    Join Date
    06.05.03
    Location
    Southern California
    Posts
    13,995
    Last Online

    12.17.17 @ 05:26 PM
    Likes
    817
    Liked 3,119 Times in 1,829 Posts


    Premium Member

    Default

    Something like this came up and died very quickly about McCain. Does this guy have a reason to think it's fake, or....?

    If he has some sort of reason, then this should be looked into. At least this is something that goes right to the core of whether or not he could serve, not something so ridiculous and downright mean as whether or not his kids are really his, a la Palin.

    Speaking of which, it was hard for me to tell if you emphasized the stuff in bold because you believe it, or because you don't believe it.

  3. #3
    Forum Frontman fudd's Avatar
    Join Date
    02.22.08
    Age
    38
    Location
    Earth
    Posts
    14,313
    Favorite VH Album

    Fair warning, 5150
    Favorite VH Song

    HAIL, love walks in, 5150
    Last Online

    @
    Likes
    1,322
    Liked 6,354 Times in 3,194 Posts


    Premium Member

    Donor

    Default

    I just think should produce it if it wasn't true. This won't go away quietly if he doesn't cooperate.

  4. #4
    Atomic Punk LLFHS's Avatar
    Join Date
    03.08.04
    Location
    Secret Witness Protection Location
    Posts
    31,731
    Favorite VH Album

    Anything Mike played on
    Favorite VH Song

    Anything Mike played on
    Last Online

    07.30.17 @ 08:59 PM
    Likes
    34
    Liked 60 Times in 35 Posts


    Donor

    Default

    Worldnetdaily?

    Say no more.
    LowLifeFlatHeadScum

    [sigpic][/sigpic]


    Your Hacked Nude Photo Here!

  5. #5
    Atomic Punk Viking's Avatar
    Join Date
    02.21.03
    Age
    52
    Location
    Mound Valley, Kansas
    Posts
    9,045
    Favorite VH Album

    5150, Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

    Dance The Night Away, Dreams
    Last Online

    12.14.17 @ 03:26 PM
    Likes
    39
    Liked 34 Times in 10 Posts

    Default

    Here's one look at the supposed Obama Birth Certificate:

    Obama Birth Certificate Exposed?

    If he can't step up and prove that it's real, I have a hard time believing that it's not faked. The Israeli Insider gives a pretty good look at the whole thing. Something the American press has not even attempted to do.
    Last edited by Viking; 10.05.08 at 02:20 PM.
    "Viking - last to sleep, first to rise, last to leave, that's how the Nords of old rocked the house." ~ timmac in the 'Texas Linkers' thread talking about yours truly. :-)

  6. #6
    Unchained Judgement Day's Avatar
    Join Date
    01.31.04
    Age
    39
    Location
    Erie, PA
    Posts
    510
    Favorite VH Album

    Fair Warning, F.U.C.K.
    Favorite VH Song

    Humans Being
    Last Online

    12.04.17 @ 07:19 AM
    Likes
    11
    Liked 7 Times in 6 Posts

    Default

    My question is, if this whole thing is false and could cause problems here in the final weeks of the campaign, why not just show your damn birth certificate. Why are they trying to hide things or at least not disproving them?

  7. #7
    Forum Frontman It's Mike's Avatar
    Join Date
    03.26.06
    Age
    43
    Location
    Vaughan, Ontario, Canada
    Posts
    34,158
    Favorite VH Album

    like them all, no favourite
    Last Online

    12.17.17 @ 08:10 PM
    Likes
    1,322
    Liked 6,711 Times in 3,729 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Judgement Day View Post
    My question is, if this whole thing is false and could cause problems here in the final weeks of the campaign, why not just show your damn birth certificate. Why are they trying to hide things or at least not disproving them?
    the reason you don't is because by reacting you legitimize the question. What next? Is someone going to claim that his children aren't really his? All he needs to do is take a blood test to disprove it? Right? why not just do it.

    Is someone going to claim that Sarah Palin's youngest child wasn't fathered by her husband? Well, all she needs to do is take a lie detector test to disprove it? Why doesn't she do it.

    You can't respond to every crackhead request or else you'll have a million a day to respond to. Sometimes the best thing to do is just ignore these issues.

  8. #8
    Atomic Punk LLFHS's Avatar
    Join Date
    03.08.04
    Location
    Secret Witness Protection Location
    Posts
    31,731
    Favorite VH Album

    Anything Mike played on
    Favorite VH Song

    Anything Mike played on
    Last Online

    07.30.17 @ 08:59 PM
    Likes
    34
    Liked 60 Times in 35 Posts


    Donor

    Default

    I think Sarah Palin is a vampire. If she wants to lay this accusation to rest, all she needs is to drink this glass of holy water. What is she hiding?
    LowLifeFlatHeadScum

    [sigpic][/sigpic]


    Your Hacked Nude Photo Here!

  9. #9
    Atomic Punk Viking's Avatar
    Join Date
    02.21.03
    Age
    52
    Location
    Mound Valley, Kansas
    Posts
    9,045
    Favorite VH Album

    5150, Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

    Dance The Night Away, Dreams
    Last Online

    12.14.17 @ 03:26 PM
    Likes
    39
    Liked 34 Times in 10 Posts

    Default

    Let me explain the difference between Obama's BC and who Sarah Palin's daddy to her first child is:

    Whether her husband is the father of her first born or not, does not disqualify her for the Vice Presidency or the Presidency for that matter.

    If Obama is not a legitimate citizen, he is not eligible to be President. Period.

    That's a big fucking difference.

    The fact that the Palin thing has even been brought up in comparison is ludicrous.
    "Viking - last to sleep, first to rise, last to leave, that's how the Nords of old rocked the house." ~ timmac in the 'Texas Linkers' thread talking about yours truly. :-)

  10. #10
    Atomic Punk LLFHS's Avatar
    Join Date
    03.08.04
    Location
    Secret Witness Protection Location
    Posts
    31,731
    Favorite VH Album

    Anything Mike played on
    Favorite VH Song

    Anything Mike played on
    Last Online

    07.30.17 @ 08:59 PM
    Likes
    34
    Liked 60 Times in 35 Posts


    Donor

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Viking View Post
    Let me explain the difference between Obama's BC and who Sarah Palin's daddy to her first child is:

    Whether her husband is the father of her first born or not, does not disqualify her for the Vice Presidency or the Presidency for that matter.

    If Obama is not a legitimate citizen, he is not eligible to be President. Period.

    That's a big fucking difference.

    The fact that the Palin thing has even been brought up in comparison is ludicrous.
    See here is why I show reluctance at engaging in political discussions here...

    People that I consider friends (which is what I consider you and I to be, Viking) can come close to losing their cool.

    That being said....the point that it's me brought up is perfectly legit. The idea that every single allegation brought up against either candidate must be defended and disproven is a little preposterous. My previous post above was made to underline the goofiness of the whole idea.

    I'd be just as disappointed if some leftist group decided (and it will likely happen now in retaliation) that McCain is no more eligible to be president because he was not born on American shores.
    LowLifeFlatHeadScum

    [sigpic][/sigpic]


    Your Hacked Nude Photo Here!

  11. #11
    Gird your loins Daisy Hill's Avatar
    Join Date
    04.17.08
    Age
    57
    Location
    Goose Poop, Ohio
    Posts
    13,074
    Favorite VH Album

    Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

    Panama
    Last Online

    12.17.17 @ 03:53 PM
    Likes
    1,819
    Liked 2,241 Times in 1,357 Posts

    Default

    I call Bullcrap....I have read this legal filing (it's posted on the internet as is Obama's VALID birth certificate which was validated by the State of Hawaii)

    Philip Berg is a nutcase, and a 911 conspriacy theorist, who filed suit in PA stating that Obama was not a "natural born citizen". His "factual allegations" cite "internet rumors" and the television show "Inside Edition" .....really

    This was discussed in more detail the thread "websites that help me sort the fact from the crap"

    again, it's bullcrap just as the previous allegation about Mccain was proven bullcrap....as an issue, this is over, and why people are picking this up after it was laid to rest back in June is just desperation....don't you think the GOP lawyers would be ALL OVER THIS?
    Last edited by Daisy Hill; 10.05.08 at 04:22 PM.

  12. #12
    Atomic Punk LLFHS's Avatar
    Join Date
    03.08.04
    Location
    Secret Witness Protection Location
    Posts
    31,731
    Favorite VH Album

    Anything Mike played on
    Favorite VH Song

    Anything Mike played on
    Last Online

    07.30.17 @ 08:59 PM
    Likes
    34
    Liked 60 Times in 35 Posts


    Donor

    LowLifeFlatHeadScum

    [sigpic][/sigpic]


    Your Hacked Nude Photo Here!

  13. #13
    Forum Frontman It's Mike's Avatar
    Join Date
    03.26.06
    Age
    43
    Location
    Vaughan, Ontario, Canada
    Posts
    34,158
    Favorite VH Album

    like them all, no favourite
    Last Online

    12.17.17 @ 08:10 PM
    Likes
    1,322
    Liked 6,711 Times in 3,729 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Viking View Post
    Let me explain the difference between Obama's BC and who Sarah Palin's daddy to her first child is:

    Whether her husband is the father of her first born or not, does not disqualify her for the Vice Presidency or the Presidency for that matter.

    If Obama is not a legitimate citizen, he is not eligible to be President. Period.

    That's a big fucking difference.

    The fact that the Palin thing has even been brought up in comparison is ludicrous.
    Viking,

    I understand your point but you're obviously missing mine here. The point is that you don't always want to respond to every question that you deem to be ridiculous. Let's say Obama shows proof of citizenship, does it end there? Of course not. Next up, some crackhead will ask if he's really been in the US for 14 years of his life. They're gonna want video of him being in the states and sworn statements from 50 people to prove it. And doesn't that Palin look a little young? Maybe she's not 35 yet. Maybe we should challenge that. It's a slippery slope.

    I imagine that before Obama is sworn in that someone will ask for identification for God's sake. And I also assume that the Democratic party won't risk the ultimate embarassment of nominating a candidate who's not eligible for the office.

  14. #14
    Atomic Punk LLFHS's Avatar
    Join Date
    03.08.04
    Location
    Secret Witness Protection Location
    Posts
    31,731
    Favorite VH Album

    Anything Mike played on
    Favorite VH Song

    Anything Mike played on
    Last Online

    07.30.17 @ 08:59 PM
    Likes
    34
    Liked 60 Times in 35 Posts


    Donor

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Daisy Hill View Post
    and why people are picking this up after it was laid to rest back in June is just desperation....
    Well damn.....anyone who happened to catch the Sarah Palin "Joe Six Pack-Maverick" Comedy Hour last Thursday could tell you that. "Desperation" is putting it lightly.
    LowLifeFlatHeadScum

    [sigpic][/sigpic]


    Your Hacked Nude Photo Here!

  15. #15
    Atomic Punk Viking's Avatar
    Join Date
    02.21.03
    Age
    52
    Location
    Mound Valley, Kansas
    Posts
    9,045
    Favorite VH Album

    5150, Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

    Dance The Night Away, Dreams
    Last Online

    12.14.17 @ 03:26 PM
    Likes
    39
    Liked 34 Times in 10 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by LowLifeFlatHeadScum View Post
    See here is why I show reluctance at engaging in political discussions here...

    People that I consider friends (which is what I consider you and I to be, Viking) can come close to losing their cool.

    That being said....the point that it's me brought up is perfectly legit. The idea that every single allegation brought up against either candidate must be defended and disproven is a little preposterous. My previous post above was made to underline the goofiness of the whole idea.

    I'd be just as disappointed if some leftist group decided (and it will likely happen now in retaliation) that McCain is no more eligible to be president because he was not born on American shores.
    I agree, and I regret coming off like I did. I get a little carried away, which is why I tend to avoid these things as well. I've stayed away from the debate thread for just that reason.

    These guys are always looking to dig up a little dirt on the other guy and bring it out. Both parties are guilty of it. It was actually pointed out that Reagan's first, middle and last names all contained six letters, therefore coming up as 666, during the 1980 election.

    Everyone here knows how I feel about Obama so I don't really feel compelled to come in and be FORD like and state it over and over again. But, to reiterate one last time here, I think the guy is a Socialist, I think the money that has put him in this position comes from known enemies of the U. S., and I think he is bad news.

    The Communists/Socialists agenda towards America has been to destroy her from within. They're getting closer all the time. To those people that want Obama as President, I will turn to an old cliche: "Be careful what you wish for, you just might get it."

    I'm done with the political stuff here.
    "Viking - last to sleep, first to rise, last to leave, that's how the Nords of old rocked the house." ~ timmac in the 'Texas Linkers' thread talking about yours truly. :-)

 

 

Similar Threads

  1. Partial Birth Abortions
    By swage in forum VH Fans Meeting Place (Non-Music)
    Replies: 49
    Last Post: 03.18.16, 12:06 PM
  2. Suspect in wife's disappearance seeks $$$
    By voivod in forum VH Fans Meeting Place (Non-Music)
    Replies: 89
    Last Post: 02.21.13, 03:53 PM
  3. Spanked employee seeks $1.2 million
    By ZeoBandit in forum VH Fans Meeting Place (Non-Music)
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 04.27.06, 05:53 AM
  4. Chávez seeks to peg oil at $50 a barrel
    By Dennis in forum VH Fans Meeting Place (Non-Music)
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 04.05.06, 05:10 PM

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •