the classic 6 pack
    Favorite VH Song

hmmm...everybody wants some
    Last Online

12.11.17 @ 01:35 PM
    Liked 967 Times in 387 Posts

Default fucking bank card fraud shit

what a pain in the ass

my mom had her card used at a walmart to purchase giftcards. she never uses any cards to pay for anything online either. only like atm's and gas. talked to a buddy of mine in the fbi the other day and he said at least out here in california, it's the israeli organized crime who go and manipulate these card readers to steal your money n shit

today i get a call from wells fargo and for the second time in a year they caught someone trying to use my card for 500 at a walmart in fucking meurietta, georgia...lmao. it was declined cuz the bank knew it to be suspicious and they shut down my atm/pos card.

nothing is safe anymore, it's annoying. i may just start doing everything cash now. if i need money i'll go to the bank, write a check, and get cash. this shit gets old.

only things i pay online are my car insurance and government student loans. the other day i used paypal to become a premium member here but that has been it.

it's unbelieveable how this shit goes down
    "you can't change JMJ, it's legendary"- Brett Norton 9/24/07

"It's the "JMJ" everyone had grown to love, man! Time to blow the roof off this place!"
    -Zachenfoot 2/23/10

"The links just look a little better with JMJ. Always has, always will." -Hurricane Halen 2/24/10

"I'm doin' the victory dance. Told ya I'd be back. Tell me ya missed me. Say it like ya mean it" - Blood and Fire. =VH= 2012. Welcome back boys :headband:

"I don't give a flying fuck about Motley Crue. I give about a half a fuck about Rush. I like Van Halen and don't give a flying fuck how many tickets they all sell. Any questions?"- jimmyw

Favorite VH Album

Fair warning, 5150
    Favorite VH Song

HAIL, love walks in, 5150
    Last Online

@
    Liked 6,303 Times in 3,170 Posts

Premium Member

Donor

Know how you feel Joey. Some woman got popped in Iowa trying to use my Amex card.

Last Online

07.05.17 @ 10:26 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Donor

Well if anyone decides to use my card, they'd be pretty disappointed. Pretty much just as I am.

Favorite VH Album

OU812
    Favorite VH Song

Dreams
    Last Online

12.12.17 @ 05:50 PM
    Liked 650 Times in 369 Posts

This was in our paper yesterday and it sounds like it's connected to your scam.

CALGARY - Investigators spent nine months using technology and old-fashioned sleuthing to find four suspects who allegedly stole $1.8 million from a Calgary company.

The operation involved the U.S. Secret Service and municipal police in Calgary and Vancouver - as well as in Montreal, where investigators arrested four Quebec-based suspects.

Among those charged with theft of credit-card data and fraud is Ehud Tenenbaum, a 29-Israeli national living in Montreal.

In 1998, a 19-year-old Israeli named Ehud Tenenbaum - known online as "the Analyzer" - accessed computers belonging to the Pentagon.

After his conviction, Tenenbaum used his expertise to help Israeli organizations protect their computer networks against cyber attacks.

Investigators are now working to verify the one-time hacker known as "the Analyzer" is one of the four Montrealers accused of stealing close to $2 million by using computers to falsely inflate the value of prepaid debit cards.

"It is a significant dollar amount," Staff Sgt. Gordon Bull of the Calgary police commercial crime section said Thursday.

Calgary police didn't name the business that was targeted, but said it's a national company that offers short-term credit and other financial services - such as prepaid debit cards.

The fraud was committed by someone who hacked into the company's Calgary computers from Montreal and changed the value of the debit cards to an amount higher than their face price.

Cash was then withdrawn from bank machines at several locations across Canada and abroad. Most of the Canadian withdrawals occurred in Montreal.

Bull said investigators in Calgary began their investigation after being contacted by the Vancouver Police Department. The Vancouver police, in turn, were working with the U.S. Secret Service on a separate probe that led them to Calgary.

Bull said it's possible the probe may widen to include more charges.

The U.S. Secret Service "has an ongoing investigation . . . that tells me that there may be victims in the United States," Bull said.

Computer-based crime investigations can be difficult for law-enforcement agencies, because they often span several jurisdictions and require special expertise to track down suspects who can use the technology to cover their tracks.

"Communication between the agencies is often difficult. In this particular case, we were very fortunate we had exceptional co-operation," said Bull.

Investigators in Montreal searched four properties and seized computers and business records that will now be analyzed for evidence.

In addition to the painstaking cyber-sleuthing needed to track down their suspects, Bull acknowledged "old fashioned police work" - such as viewing surveillance images from bank machines and conducting dozens of interviews - also played a role in bringing about the arrests.

All four suspects were arrested in Montreal and brought to Calgary on Tuesday.

Tenenbaum, who has been charged with six counts of fraudulent use of credit card data and one count of fraud over $5,000, is the only one who remains in custody.
    Cabo x 20
    Van Halen x 11
    Sammy x 20+
    DLR x 2

Atomic Punk
    Favorite VH Album

the classic 6 pack
    Favorite VH Song

hmmm...everybody wants some
    Last Online

12.11.17 @ 01:35 PM
    Liked 967 Times in 387 Posts

well what do you know, i bought a prepaid visa card for someone back in august, and my mom has done so too

interesting

thanks for the article
    "you can't change JMJ, it's legendary"- Brett Norton 9/24/07

"It's the "JMJ" everyone had grown to love, man! Time to blow the roof off this place!"
    -Zachenfoot 2/23/10

"The links just look a little better with JMJ. Always has, always will." -Hurricane Halen 2/24/10

"I'm doin' the victory dance. Told ya I'd be back. Tell me ya missed me. Say it like ya mean it" - Blood and Fire. =VH= 2012. Welcome back boys :headband:

"I don't give a flying fuck about Motley Crue. I give about a half a fuck about Rush. I like Van Halen and don't give a flying fuck how many tickets they all sell. Any questions?"- jimmyw