Follow us on...
Follow us on Twitter Follow us on Facebook Watch us on YouTube
Register
    Atomic Punk
    Last Online

12.11.17 @ 04:37 PM
    Liked 1,229 Times in 448 Posts

Lawmaker proposes to sterilize the poor

A Louisiana state lawmaker is proposing to pay poor women to be sterilized, while giving tax breaks to wealthy families who want more children.

http://www.truveo.com/Lawmaker-propo...id/3084251708#

Worried that welfare costs are rising as the number of taxpayers declines, state Rep. John LaBruzzo, R-Metairie, said Tuesday he is studying a plan to pay poor women $1,000 to have their Fallopian tubes tied.

"We're on a train headed to the future and there's a bridge out, " LaBruzzo said of what he suspects are dangerous demographic trends. "And nobody wants to talk about it."

LaBruzzo said he worries that people receiving government aid such as food stamps and publicly subsidized housing are reproducing at a faster rate than more affluent, better-educated people who presumably pay more tax revenue to the government. He said he is gathering statistics now.

"What I'm really studying is any and all possibilities that we can reduce the number of people that are going from generational welfare to generational welfare, " he said.

He said his program would be voluntary. It could involve tubal ligation, encouraging other forms of birth control or, to avoid charges of gender discrimination, vasectomies for men.

It also could include tax incentives for college-educated, higher-income people to have more children, he said.

LaBruzzo, 38, is white, married to a lawyer, has a toddler daughter and holds a bachelor's degree from Louisiana State University.

He is serving his second term in the Legislature, where he drew attention this year for advocating the controversial legislative pay raise and for trying to abolish the Lake Pontchartrain Causeway Commission and its Police Department.

His 81st House District runs from Old Metairie north to Bucktown and west along Lake Pontchartrain to the Suburban Canal. In a somewhat different configuration, it is the same district that sent white supremacist David Duke to the Legislature in 1989.

LaBruzzo described the tube-tying incentive as a brainstorming exercise that has yet to take form as a bill for the Legislature to consider. He said it already has drawn critics who argue the idea is racist, sexist, unethical and immoral. He said more white people are on welfare than black people, so his proposal is not targeting race.

LaBruzzo said other, mainstream strategies for attacking poverty, such as education reforms and programs informing people about family planning issues, have repeatedly failed to solve the problem. He said he is simply looking for new ways to address it.

"It's easy to say, 'Oh, he's a racist, ' " LaBruzzo said. "The hard part is to sit down and think of some solutions."

LaBruzzo said he opposes abortion and paying people to have abortions. He described a sterilization program as providing poor people with better opportunities to avoid welfare, because they would have fewer children to feed and clothe.

He acknowledged his idea might be a difficult sell politically.

"I don't know if it's a viable option, " LaBruzzo said. "Of course people are going to get excited about it. Maybe we'll start a debate on it."
    "Watch what people are cynical about, and one can often discover what they lack.” -- Gen. George S. Patton

Baluchitherium
    Favorite VH Album

VH, WACF, FW, 5150, OU812
    Favorite VH Song

Dreams/Unchained/InASR/5150
    Last Online

11.25.17 @ 04:30 AM
    Liked 298 Times in 161 Posts

Right on! After that, we need to sterilize people with traits we deem "unacceptable": connected earlobes, sloped foreheads, unibrows, etc.

"The shit I read on this site." -- Dave's Dreidel (Nov 6th, 2013)

"Don't ever confuse talent with fame." -- Bob Lefsetz

"There's very little greatness in this world, but in the crucible of quality there's a special corner reserved for Van Halen." -- Bob Lefsetz

Eruption
    Last Online

01.10.13 @ 08:45 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Metal Marc View Post
    Right on! After that, we need to sterilize people with traits we deem "unacceptable": connected earlobes, sloped foreheads, unibrows, etc.
    Right on Hitler, I am kidding of course, don't beat me!!

Atomic Punk
    Last Online

12.11.17 @ 04:37 PM
    Liked 1,229 Times in 448 Posts

Well, at least some Van Halen fans will then be able to afford the CD/DVD box set...
    "Watch what people are cynical about, and one can often discover what they lack.” -- Gen. George S. Patton

Favorite VH Album

Too hard to choose
    Favorite VH Song

Too hard to choose
    Last Online

06.02.16 @ 09:13 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Once again, good old Louisiana getting the wrong kind of publicity.

But you see, if you lived here you would know that there are countless unwanted children from irresponsible parents roaming the streets and causing serious problems for this community. Their parents were given an incentive by the government to have children they could not afford and then some. They liked those checks and the more they poped out, the more cash they got. Do you think they spent it on the kids? Maybe some did, but a hell of a lot did not. So maybe this guy's suggestion is repugnant, but I am sick of paying for other people's children to cause problems for my community. So if anyone has a better idea on how to solve this issue, please step forward.

And as I have done on numerous occasions, I invite anyone to come down to the New Orleans area and check out the quality of life and how it has been run into the ground by this situation.

Baluchitherium
    Favorite VH Album

Favorite VH Song

Last Online

Quote Originally Posted by voivod View Post
    Well, at least some Van Halen fans will then be able to afford the CD/DVD box set...

"There's very little greatness in this world, but in the crucible of quality there's a special corner reserved for Van Halen." -- Bob Lefsetz

Last Online

07.24.15 @ 10:25 PM
    Liked 10 Times in 3 Posts

Donor

Alright LSU.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Baluchitherium
    Favorite VH Album

Favorite VH Song

Last Online

Quote Originally Posted by pal1800 View Post
    Once again, good old Louisiana getting the wrong kind of publicity.

But you see, if you lived here you would know that there are countless unwanted children from irresponsible parents roaming the streets and causing serious problems for this community. Their parents were given an incentive by the government to have children they could not afford and then some. They liked those checks and the more they poped out, the more cash they got. Do you think they spent it on the kids? Maybe some did, but a hell of a lot did not. So maybe this guy's suggestion is repugnant, but I am sick of paying for other people's children to cause problems for my community. So if anyone has a better idea on how to solve this issue, please step forward.

And as I have done on numerous occasions, I invite anyone to come down to the New Orleans area and check out the quality of life and how it has been run into the ground by this situation.
    But seriously...I completely understand this guy's point and how lots of folks feel about these welfare cheats. I personally think his suggestion is a great idea: cut 'em off at ___ kids by sterilizing them. A lot of good people pay for these folks' welfare-based lifestyle and it is a huge burden on the system in some states, namely Louisiana.

Favorite VH Album

Too hard to choose
    Favorite VH Song

Too hard to choose
    Last Online

06.02.16 @ 09:13 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

But seriously...I completely understand this guy's point and how lots of folks feel about these welfare cheats. I personally think his suggestion is a great idea: cut 'em off at ___ kids by sterilizing them. A lot of good people pay for these folks' welfare-based lifestyle and it is a huge burden on the system in some states, namely Louisiana.
    We continue to lose our best and brightest to other states because people don't want to put up with the bullshit.