Favorite VH Album

Most
    Favorite VH Song

Jamie's Crying
    Last Online

11.06.14 @ 04:06 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Default "Jamie" guitar is being cleared

Go to www.myspace.com/dougdarocker and go to my photos, then go to "guitars" and you will see the progress pics of my guitar.

I started with a generic Wolfgang/ebmm-type body I got off of ebay, then a custom neck. I had some trouble dying the veneer, so I had decided to go with a racing stripe motif to camoflage the weird dye-job. I used metallic silver and blue with black on the peg head, then I used silver and black on the body.

It will not be a perfectly finished guitar by any means. The binding was loose. Whilst repair, I had discovered that brush-on CA glue is the best binding glue EVER. I could not get the remnants of the Stew Mac-recommended glue off. I learnt a LOT of things with this guitar, and one of them is that transluscent finishes are worth every penny extra they are charged!!! Finishing a guitar is a very time-consuming proposition, and should never be practised on anything super expensive!!!!

Anyone who finishes instruments for a living earns their money!!!

I am going to use a Peavey Wolfgang trem w/D-tuna, Duncan custom custom in the bridge, a dummy coil in the neck, and a kill-switch. I will use a Gibson 500K pot, and an MXR knob. I am finishing it off with fake Schallers w/pearloid buttons and eyelet hooks for the traditional EVH strap.

Why is it named "Jamie"? 'cos for one thing- "Jamie's Crying" is one of my favourite VH songs.

Top Of The World 5150 Frankenstrat's Avatar
    Favorite VH Album

5150 and Fair Warning
    Last Online

02.20.13 @ 06:15 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Looks pretty damn sweet

Baluchitherium
    Favorite VH Album

VH1, VHII or Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

They're all great!
    Last Online

04.02.15 @ 07:26 AM
    Liked 5 Times in 2 Posts

Donor

dude its looking hot,
    i love that you've mixed the old kramer hockey headstock with an ebmm shaped body....plus you used silver for the stripes which is always a cool move, i used it on my last project with a ford burned orange. awesome job buddy.
    Last edited by tommywho5150; 09.24.08 at 12:58 PM.
    http://www.facebook.com/Tommywho5150

And with that I'm off to the kitchen to make myself a lesbian omelette...LLFHS in response to one of Graeme's post's

"The anal beads may have scarred SNIC for life. That guy is tough as fucking nails!! No normal guy could take anal beads to the head and survive! "...OLO on SNIC's near death experience at TLW

"I'm a 45-year-old man, and I still like to wear a thong or a speedo when I go swimming.
    Not because I have a great body, it's just an easy way to make sure I have the hotel swimming pool all to myself."...Bullwinkle for quite obvious reasons!

"Dude, the cashier gave me the creepiest sneer when he rang up my unmentionables!"...Sassy Lassy during a Facebook conversation!

Favorite VH Album

Most
    Favorite VH Song

Jamie's Crying
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Default I appreciate the comment

Quote Originally Posted by 5150 Frankenstrat View Post
    Looks pretty damn sweet

Thank you very much. With the clear, the figuring is looking a LOT better than I thought it was going to.

Favorite VH Album

Most
    Favorite VH Song

Jamie's Crying
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Default Thanks, mate!!!

Quote Originally Posted by tommywho5150 View Post
    dude its looking hot,
    i love that you've mixed the old kramer hockey headstock with an ebmm shaped body....plus you used silver for the stripes which is always a cool move, i used it on my last project with a ford burned orange. awesome job buddy.
    Yeah, I saw that somewhere and thought it would be killer to have a hockey stick peg head. I was going to try and match the veneers, but ultimately, it wasn't worth it. I thought the veneer was going to be cream crackers!!!

I knew that I was going to need silver for two reasons: 1) the base coat for the metallique blue on the peg head, and 2) it just plain looks cooler!!!

I may paint the back black instead of clear like I had imagined. The glue spots are just plain ugly. I just don't want to put too much tone-robbing paint on...
    Last edited by bunnyman; 09.24.08 at 01:20 PM.

Favorite VH Album

Most
    Favorite VH Song

Jamie's Crying
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Nope- no where near enough room for a killswitch, or a selector switch for that matter- the control cavity is microscopic...

There is about the same amount of orange peel as most domestic (and even foreign) car paintjobs in the top of this guitar. 3M Finesse-It II killed some of the terrible orange peel... even though there are more finish iniquities that make this guitar a ten footer (looks perfect to Mr. Magoo!!!). I am a picky, picky dude...

Go to the page I said and go to page 2 of the guitars section to see this mocked up... Say what you think in a nice way...