Favorite VH Album

WACF, FW, DD
    Favorite VH Song

At the moment, Little Guitars
    Last Online

11.03.17 @ 01:35 PM
    Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts

13-Year-Old Girl Dies In Fiery School Bus Crash, 4 Others Critical

Mrs VHR and I watched this event unfold on local news last night. Quite sad.

http://www.wftv.com/news/17540805/detail.html

MARION COUNTY, Fla. -- Four students were in critical condition after a horrific bus crash claimed the life of 13-year-old Frances Schee on Tuesday afternoon. As students board school buses in Marion County on Wednesday, it will be with heavy hearts.

There will be grief counselors at several Marion County schools Wednesday morning, including Frances' school.

Nearly two dozen students were on the school bus when it crashed. Troopers said the deadly school bus crash could have been worse if not for a handful of heroes who helped save the children from the burning bus.

Natalya Mitchell, a friend of Schee was on the bus during the accident.

"All we saw was a big truck coming up and then it hit us and we saw fire. We were pushed against the road and we were not able to get off the bus because it was still moving. She was always my friend since Pre-K. We laughed together all the time, it's scary that she's gone now," Mitchell said.

James Horton was an eyewitness to the crash on US-301 in Marion County Tuesday afternoon.

"I saw the bus stop and flashing lights on. Then the semi slammed into it with no hesitation and no stopping. It burst into flames," he said.

Horton along with three others helped save the lives of some of those stuck inside bus.

"I stopped my truck, jumped out, ran over and helped get the kids off the bus," said Horton.

Troopers said the 30-year-old truck driver Reinaldo Gonzalez of Orlando slammed into the back of the school bus while students were getting off.

Alvin Tuggerson lives in Marion County and heard the deadly school bus crash on US-301 Near Ocala.

"It sounded like the space center, like the space ship was coming in. You know how it makes that big 'boom boom boom' that's what it sounded like. It's bad because my child gets off at the next stop up the road. It could have been anybody's child, I was shaken up," Tuggerson said.

The bus driver and eight students were injured. 13-year-old Frances Schee of North Marion Middle School died.

School officials said the bus stop signs were out and the bus lights were flashing.

"I've been here almost eight years and we deal with bus accidents on a regular basis but never, ever anything to this magnitude and we pray it never happens again," said Kevin Christian, a representative of Marion County Public Schools.

The school superintendent described the crash as "a sad day for Marion County schools."

Eyewitness News discovered that Reinaldo Andujar Gonzalez owns the trucking company himself. It's called Andujar Transport and it's based in South Orange County on Timberbend Circle off Town Center Boulevard. Andujar is the only driver and records show he's had no other crashes in the last two years.

The Florida Highway Patrol said charges are pending against Gonzalez.
    Last edited by VanHalenRules; 09.24.08 at 08:03 AM.
    11/05/78 Hollywood Sportatorium
    12/10/82 Hollywood Sportatorium
    01/20/84 Hollywood Sportatorium
    01/21/84 Hollywood Sportatorium
    02/16/08 Jacksonville Veterans Memorial Arena

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I've got dreams in hidden places and extra smiles for when I'm blue.

Favorite VH Album

VH I
    Favorite VH Song

Unchained
    Last Online

08.31.15 @ 02:01 PM
    Liked 14 Times in 6 Posts

Man. Something like this is just too horrible for words...

Favorite VH Album

F.U.C.K.
    Favorite VH Song

Humans Being
    Last Online

12.14.17 @ 05:57 AM
    Liked 40 Times in 29 Posts

Donor

Wow. That's tragic.
    "What we are dealing with here, is a complete lack of respect for the law" - Jackie Gleason, Smokey and the Bandit

www.geocaching.com - The site where you are the search engine.

Good Enough
    Favorite VH Song

Drop Dead Legs
    Last Online

01.06.12 @ 02:10 PM
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Model Citizen, Zero Discipline

"***"...now please take off my VanHalen t-shirt, before you jinx the band and they break up..." (The wedding singer)"

*Thanks SNIC for my AWESOME new avatar!*

Atomic Punk
    Last Online

12.11.17 @ 04:37 PM
    Liked 1,229 Times in 448 Posts

MARION COUNTY, Fla. -- The driver of a semi that smashed into the back of a school bus admitted he was on his cell phone, according to Captain Gregory LaMont of the Florida Highway Patrol. Four students were in critical condition after the horrific bus crash claimed the life of 13-year-old Frances Schee on Tuesday afternoon.
    "Watch what people are cynical about, and one can often discover what they lack.” -- Gen. George S. Patton

Favorite VH Album

Women & Children First
    Favorite VH Song

Fools/All things Halenized
    Last Online

08.04.17 @ 11:33 PM
    Liked 29 Times in 14 Posts

Donor

They really need to ban those damn things. What more does it take????

How sad. I have a 13 year old son and I can't imagine the pain that poor girl's parents must be going through right now.
    RIP - Classic Van Halen

"A lot of people take Van Halen more seriously than we do." The Diamond One

Atomic Punk
    Last Online

12.11.17 @ 04:37 PM
    Liked 1,229 Times in 448 Posts

Cass County: Four killed in school bus crash

Logansport, IN

Cass County - Four people died in a crash involving a school bus in Cass County Friday afternoon. Three of the dead are confirmed to be students.
    The bus belongs to the Twin Lakes School Corporation in Monticello. The crash, which also involved two dump trucks, happened on US 24 about six miles west of Logansport.

The driver of the bus, identified as Debbie DuVall, was transported to Parkview Hospital in Fort Wayne.

Indiana State Police say the school bus was headed westbound as two dump trucks headed eastbound. A moped or other small vehicle stopped or slowed down to turn.

The first dump truck could not stop in time and tried to avoid the moped by moving into the opposite lane. That truck clipped the back of the school bus, sending it onto its side towards the ditch. The second dump truck hit the bus as it slid into the ditch, crushing the body of the bus.

The bus, which was carrying special needs students, was headed from Logansport towards Monticello, the area of the Twin Lakes School District. The school district has about 2,600 students and covers a large rural area in north central Indiana.

The students on the bus were from Landis Elementary and Parkview Elementary in Logansport.

Although the bus is not a typical yellow school bus, police say it meets the same safety standards and specifications as a regular school bus. The white buses are used to transport students from one place to another with no stops in between.

Scott Allen from the Monticello Herald Journal tells Eyewitness News that family members began to arrive at the scene around 5:00 pm.

Last edited by voivod; 09.26.08 at 06:07 PM.
    "Watch what people are cynical about, and one can often discover what they lack.” -- Gen. George S. Patton

Atomic Punk
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

You\'re Kidding,right?
    Last Online

05.31.14 @ 08:17 PM
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by voivod View Post
    MARION COUNTY, Fla. -- The driver of a semi that smashed into the back of a school bus admitted he was on his cell phone, according to Captain Gregory LaMont of the Florida Highway Patrol. Four students were in critical condition after the horrific bus crash claimed the life of 13-year-old Frances Schee on Tuesday afternoon.
    I hope it was an important call, like he suddenly had the cure for cancer or had figured out successful nuclear fusion reaction in his head and was on the phone to MIT. Either way, it's going to be the most expensive phone call of his life.

What a shit-bird.

And no, I do not own a cell phone.
    "Nothing is ever what it seems but everything is exactly what it is." - B. Banzai

My Blog:

http://axxman300tool.blogspot.com/

http://www.myspace.com/axxman300