Follow us on Twitter Follow us on Facebook Watch us on YouTube
Register
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Eruption
    Last Online

09.06.12 @ 05:34 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Default Mike's MySpace - interesting choice of music

2 songs from Van Halen II, 1 song from Women & Children First, 1 song from Fair Warning, 1 song from For Unlawful Carnal Knowledge and 1 song from Van Halen III.

Weird how it's so tightly focussed on the Roth-era stuff when nowadays he's so closely linked to Hagar and probably better known for his work in The Other Half than his work with the Xpress. And a VHIII song is a little odd too.

Last Online

12.16.17 @ 05:54 PM
    Liked 1,619 Times in 996 Posts

Donor

Overanalysis.

Last Online

07.24.15 @ 10:25 PM
    Liked 10 Times in 3 Posts

Donor

Four outta six songs? VERY tightly focused, IMO.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Hear About It Later
    Last Online

12.15.17 @ 11:35 PM
    Liked 1,390 Times in 763 Posts

His association with Hagar is not based on the music, it's based on the fact that Sammy is the only sane person is this mess. Deal with it!
    Little Dreamer

Forum Frontman
    Last Online

07.04.16 @ 08:03 PM
    Liked 6 Times in 5 Posts

Did Mike play on "Without You"?! I seriously thought that was one Ed played.

Favorite VH Album

Complete Zero
    Favorite VH Song

Lets Get Rockin
    Last Online

12.16.17 @ 02:06 PM
    Liked 1,862 Times in 731 Posts

Donor

Maybe it's a coded message to the aliens!
    I used to jog but the ice cubes kept falling out of my glass.

Eruption
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Van Squalen View Post
    Overanalysis.
    And you don't think it's weird that he put a VHIII song on there?

He had barely anything to do with the album, it bombed completely, he probably felt they should have stuck with Hagar at the time...it's odd to be there and I didn't really have to think about it.

Quote Originally Posted by Little Dreamer View Post
    His association with Hagar is not based on the music, it's based on the fact that Sammy is the only sane person is this mess. Deal with it!
    Deal with what? I really don't care or have a problem with why Mike and Sam might be friends and if the fact the rest of the band are nutty has anything to do with it. Sam and Mike have continued to make music together recently, and perform music together; so I was surprised to find that his myspace has 4 songs with Roth and only 1 with his best buddy singing.

It's no big deal to me, just a curiosity thing. Calm down.

Romeo Delight
    Favorite VH Album

VAN HALEN
    Favorite VH Song

Unchained
    Last Online

07.23.14 @ 08:40 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

He changes his songs on his playlist all the time. Go back in a couple weeks and he'll have something else on there.

Last Online

Donor

Quote Originally Posted by The Elfoid_TFS View Post
    And you don't think it's weird that he put a VHIII song on there?

He had barely anything to do with the album, it bombed completely, he probably felt they should have stuck with Hagar at the time...it's odd to be there and I didn't really have to think about it.
    No, I don't think it's weird, I think you're reading more into it than is there, and you're making presumptions.

Barely is a misnomer on your part. He had plenty to 'do' with the album, in the sense that he toured it and played each setlist track live for the better part of seven months in Australia, Germany, Japan, and North America, played in the studio on Fire in the Hole, One I Want, and Without You, and was/is by far the biggest supporter of Gary's work in the band both during his reign and after his departure.

The fact that you'd make enough of a note about a few random tracks on his MySpace page and then start a whole thread on it in a message board forum, indicates you 'had to think about it.'

Last Online

02.13.15 @ 08:56 AM
    Liked 8 Times in 1 Post

Donor

Squalin are you even capable of talking to anyone without adopting a snotty, holier than thou tone and attitude? Once in a while just move along and spare us your joy!

The guy made an observation, just something he found "odd" and a little "weird". He hardly convened the Warren Commission to look into the situation. In all honesty, if I was even a Van Halen fan anymore I might have found it odd too.

And come on, playing songs live hardly equates to having "plenty" to do with the actual creation of the album, which to anyone not just being deliberately argumentative, is obviously what the original poster was referring to. And you mentioned that he played bass on three songs on a 12 song album. I think 'plenty' is a misnomer on your part.

Oh, and since you're being critical of someone being presumptuous, feel free to clue us all in on your insider knowledge of how Michael "was/is by far the biggest supporter of Gary's work in the band both during his reign and after his departure".

Your entire online attitude just reeks of someone who's closed minded, always has to be right and always has to have the last word! Just an FYI.

Favorite VH Album

all the above
    Favorite VH Song

top jimmy
    Last Online

12.16.17 @ 07:46 AM
    Liked 17 Times in 9 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Glenn View Post
    Squalin are you even capable of talking to anyone without adopting a snotty, holier than thou tone and attitude? Once in a while just move along and spare us your joy!

The guy made an observation, just something he found "odd" and a little "weird". He hardly convened the Warren Commission to look into the situation. In all honesty, if I was even a Van Halen fan anymore I might have found it odd too.

And come on, playing songs live hardly equates to having "plenty" to do with the actual creation of the album, which to anyone not just being deliberately argumentative, is obviously what the original poster was referring to. And you mentioned that he played bass on three songs on a 12 song album. I think 'plenty' is a misnomer on your part.

Oh, and since you're being critical of someone being presumptuous, feel free to clue us all in on your insider knowledge of how Michael "was/is by far the biggest supporter of Gary's work in the band both during his reign and after his departure".

Your entire online attitude just reeks of someone who's closed minded, always has to be right and always has to have the last word! Just an FYI.
    bout fucking time

Last Online

Donor

Quote Originally Posted by Glenn View Post

Hey. Good to see ya Glenn! Been a while. Thanks for the two cents. Actually, I've been a model of restraint considering the shit lobbed my way in recent months, and you'd know that if you'd been around as much as you used to be.

I'll definitely put 'clueing you in on my insider knowledge' on my to do list.

Last Online

02.13.15 @ 08:56 AM
    Liked 8 Times in 1 Post

Donor

Quote Originally Posted by Van Squalen View Post
    Hey. Good to see ya Glenn! Been a while. Thanks for the two cents. Actually, I've been a model of restraint considering the shit lobbed my way in recent months, and you'd know that if you'd been around as much as you used to be.

I'll definitely put 'clueing you in on my insider knowledge' on my to do list.
    Squalin, you remind me for all the world of FORD. You and he are just the same guy with a different haircut. Smart, articulate, and exactly like your enemies.

Pouring gas on any fire you can find and then pretending to be the victim. This "I've been a model of restraint" stuff is laughable. You remind me of the Chris Rock bit about a guy bragging about how he takes care of his kids; you're SUPPOSED to take care of your kids. Quit bragging on how civil you are like the Links is Alcatraz and you're the innocent new guy protecting his asshole!

Just so you know, "I've been a model of restraint considering the shit lobbed my way in recent months" is exactly, to a tee, something I can see FORD typing out from his bunker.

And I'm around as much as ever (read, too much) and I don't see you as near the victim that you obviously do.

And again like someone else, you criticize someone for something (being presumptuous), then turn around and do the same thing. When you're asked to elaborate on your point, you offer up nothing factual to back up a statement you made. Where have I seen that before?

I'm not trying to attack you I'm trying to get through to you, though I'm sure that's a waste of my time. There was a time when this site was great, but that time is past. Trying to get through to the cancers is frustrating and probably pointless.

Better that the message goes out to people like Elfoid not to start topics or bother with putting in their two cents. Your message is louder than mine!

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Mean Street, Little Guitars
    Last Online

07.19.17 @ 06:30 AM
    Liked 13 Times in 3 Posts

I'm not 100% convinced Mike has anything to do with that My Space page. The blog posts seem to be cut and paste from his other blog.

I'll be back later. I plan on getting the last word.

oh, and that word will be rutabaga.

You've been forewarned.
    Don't drink the Jim Jones punch. They're called theToxic Twins for a reason...

Eruption
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

After the 2004 reunion, Mike's barely said a thing. Before then, Sammy's implied Mike was Eddie and Alex's bitch and no one's stepped forward to disagree though Dave's said similar. I doubt anything Mike said until after the 04 tour was allowed to be said until it was vetted by the brothers. And if it was, they were all equally keen to tell us he was the best vocalist for the band during his tenure (as every band does for every line-up).