Follow us on Twitter Follow us on Facebook Watch us on YouTube
Register
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Atomic Punk
    Last Online

12.11.17 @ 04:37 PM
    Liked 1,229 Times in 448 Posts

Default I Want My Money Back From These Concerts

Ever Get The Feeling You've Been Cheated? I Want My Money Back From These Concerts

After the Sex Pistols’ last gig in San Francisco, Johnny Rotten famously chided his audience, "Ever get the feeling you've been cheated?" In a series of notorious bad gigs, the Pistols delivered one of their worst.

It's an unfortunate rock tradition: great bands giving really bad concerts. Neil Diamond is the latest, having decided to refund money to fans who attended his show in Columbus, Ohio. Seems ol' Neil had laryngitis and thought he'd sing his way through a concert anyway. Of course. Why would a singer need a voice to sing? But I gotta give him props for having the integrity to give fans their money back. Most artists take the money and run.

I think all concerts should have a money-back guarantee. Given that the average ticket price is over 60 bucks these days, we should have some protection. I'm starting with these concerts — I want my money back for these live flops. They wasted my money and my time. Both are in short supply.

http://new.music.yahoo.com/blogs/get...these-concerts

VAN HALEN - Greensboro, 2007

Gimme my money back — and someone fire the soundman! David, Eddie, and the boys launched into "Jump," but the backing keyboard track was playing in the one key, while Eddie was playing in another. The whole thing is a train wreck beyond compare. Note to bands: it's okay to just stop the song, fix the problem, and start over.
    "Watch what people are cynical about, and one can often discover what they lack.” -- Gen. George S. Patton

Last Online

03.07.10 @ 06:18 AM
    Liked 10 Times in 9 Posts

From last month...http://www.vhlinks.com/vbforums/yaho...1.html?t=44851

The Neil Diamond move was fairly classy. The downside being that some people (even though they may have enjoyed the show) will jump at the opportunity.
    Last edited by chefcraig; 09.17.08 at 07:14 AM.
    "The reasonable man adapts himself to the world; the unreasonable one persists in trying to adapt the world to himself. Therefore, all progress depends on the unreasonable man."
    George Bernard Shaw

Good Enough
    Favorite VH Song

Drop Dead Legs
    Last Online

01.06.12 @ 02:10 PM
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

VH Tucson 2004 - Ed owes me a fistful of cash for that one. I was so pissed off when I left there.... geez I had given up on VH for a long time after that... of course I was sucked back in for the 2006 Dave fiasco, then pissed again - right now I'm happy, again.... I have lowered the bar though....

I have forgiven him, since the Charlottesville show May 08 was kick ass! (even after 2 reschedule dates!)

I went to the Greensboro show and aside from the Jump screw up... I really enjoyed the show. No, the sound wasn't the best (especially compared to Cville) but it was the overall "VH experience" feeling like I was back in 10th grade again!
    Model Citizen, Zero Discipline

"***"...now please take off my VanHalen t-shirt, before you jinx the band and they break up..." (The wedding singer)"

*Thanks SNIC for my AWESOME new avatar!*

Future's in the past....
    Favorite VH Album

WACF, FW, DD
    Favorite VH Song

At the moment, Little Guitars
    Last Online

11.03.17 @ 01:35 PM
    Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts

Ozzy Osbourne, Speak of the Devil tour sucked. Kept screwing up the lyrics and the sound was just downright terrible, even for the Sportatorium. The only memorable thing of the whole show were these tremendously bright lights that would nealry blind you.
    11/05/78 Hollywood Sportatorium
    12/10/82 Hollywood Sportatorium
    01/20/84 Hollywood Sportatorium
    01/21/84 Hollywood Sportatorium
    02/16/08 Jacksonville Veterans Memorial Arena

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I've got dreams in hidden places and extra smiles for when I'm blue.

Eruption
    Last Online

01.10.13 @ 08:45 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

The only concert that I have ever complained about seeing in my entire life was in 2005, Motley Crue, the Red White and Crue tour, everyting about it was aweful. I don't even really consider myself a fan anymore after that.

Favorite VH Album

Balance
    Favorite VH Song

Seventh Seal/Me Wise Magic
    Last Online

12.13.17 @ 04:54 PM
    Liked 411 Times in 246 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by voivod View Post
    Ever Get The Feeling You've Been Cheated? I Want My Money Back From These Concerts

After the Sex Pistols’ last gig in San Francisco, Johnny Rotten famously chided his audience, "Ever get the feeling you've been cheated?" In a series of notorious bad gigs, the Pistols delivered one of their worst.

It's an unfortunate rock tradition: great bands giving really bad concerts. Neil Diamond is the latest, having decided to refund money to fans who attended his show in Columbus, Ohio. Seems ol' Neil had laryngitis and thought he'd sing his way through a concert anyway. Of course. Why would a singer need a voice to sing? But I gotta give him props for having the integrity to give fans their money back. Most artists take the money and run.

I think all concerts should have a money-back guarantee. Given that the average ticket price is over 60 bucks these days, we should have some protection. I'm starting with these concerts — I want my money back for these live flops. They wasted my money and my time. Both are in short supply.

http://new.music.yahoo.com/blogs/get...these-concerts

VAN HALEN - Greensboro, 2007

Gimme my money back — and someone fire the soundman! David, Eddie, and the boys launched into "Jump," but the backing keyboard track was playing in the one key, while Eddie was playing in another. The whole thing is a train wreck beyond compare. Note to bands: it's okay to just stop the song, fix the problem, and start over.

This proves that the majority of people going to the shows during the 07/08 Tour were CASUAL fans...

Only the most casual of casual fans would want their money back, just because Jump was played horribly.
    My man, when you are fantasizing, don't go for attainable, you can get attainable at the local Applebee's. - Dave's Dreidel

Favorite VH Album

OU812
    Favorite VH Song

Dreams
    Last Online

12.13.17 @ 03:17 PM
    Liked 650 Times in 369 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by EvH_316_5150 View Post
    This proves that the majority of people going to the shows during the 07/08 Tour were CASUAL fans...

Only the most casual of casual fans would want their money back, just because Jump was played horribly.

I agree. Part of going to live shows is that you never know what you're gonna get. If I wanted perfect sound I would put in a CD.
    Cabo x 20
    Van Halen x 11
    Sammy x 20+
    DLR x 2

Middle of Tornado/earthquake alley.... so confused!!!
    Favorite VH Album

F.U.C.K
    Favorite VH Song

Poundcake
    Last Online

07.22.17 @ 01:18 PM
    Liked 8 Times in 2 Posts

Donor

Buckcherry and Hinder should NOT be touring with ANYONE! They suck ass! I def would like my money back for those 2!
    http://www.myspace.com/texaschic22
    It's private.. but if you at least say who you are from VH links I will add ya!

Favorite VH Album

Dave - WACF, Sam - FUCK
    Favorite VH Song

Romeo Delight, Dream is Over
    Last Online

04.02.15 @ 09:23 AM
    Liked 4 Times in 1 Post

Donor

Quote Originally Posted by Texas Poundcake View Post
    Buckcherry and Hinder should NOT be touring with ANYONE! They suck ass! I def would like my money back for those 2!
    +1 on Buckcherry. I saw them at Crue Fest this year (my comments are well-aired in the Buckcherry thread), and could not believe how much I was let down by those guys. The kicker was when they broke into "Stroke Me" in the middle of "Crazy Bitch." Does it GET any more homoerotic than that?

(But I can't say I want my money back for Crue Fest, not only because I enjoyed Sixx: A.M. and the Crue, but because they were comp tickets from the radio station! )
    If it's BROWN, flush it DOWN.

GO STEELERS!

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Mean Street
    Last Online

08.10.15 @ 12:03 PM
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

I think you guys ripping Buckcherry are way off base.
    While I admit that they were not too good on Cruefest, they are great on their own.

Favorite VH Album

Balance
    Favorite VH Song

Seventh Seal/Me Wise Magic
    Last Online

12.13.17 @ 04:54 PM
    Liked 411 Times in 246 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by punk5150 View Post
    I think you guys ripping Buckcherry are way off base.
    While I admit that they were not too good on Cruefest, they are great on their own.
    Well they WERE playing on their own, were they not, on stage?

Smartass comment, and I understood what you meant...but if they sucked playing a shorter set...how could they be better playing a longer one.

I saw Heaven and Hell support Metallica last year in Austria....I doubt they could get much better during their OWN show. They were fucking GREAT!
    My man, when you are fantasizing, don't go for attainable, you can get attainable at the local Applebee's. - Dave's Dreidel

Favorite VH Album

Complete Zero
    Favorite VH Song

Lets Get Rockin
    Last Online

12.13.17 @ 03:10 AM
    Liked 1,861 Times in 730 Posts

Donor

Atlantic City 2004, paid for 5 star and it ended up being one of the only shows on the tour with GA, so no guarantee on seat location. Not to mention Ed was drinking straight from the Smokin Loon bottle during soundcheck and it showed in the performance. It was the first and only time in recent memory that I couldn't wait for a show to be done.
    I used to jog but the ice cubes kept falling out of my glass.

Good Enough
    Favorite VH Song

Drop Dead Legs
    Last Online

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by sickman View Post
    Atlantic City 2004, paid for 5 star and it ended up being one of the only shows on the tour with GA, so no guarantee on seat location. Not to mention Ed was drinking straight from the Smokin Loon bottle during soundcheck and it showed in the performance. It was the first and only time in recent memory that I couldn't wait for a show to be done.
    It just got worse, by the time they made it to Tucson, he was a serious wreck. It was the infamous guitar smashing incident and the show where he got in a fisty-cuffs fight with Val's brother off stage....
    He was totally wasted at the end of that show....

"***"...now please take off my VanHalen t-shirt, before you jinx the band and they break up..." (The wedding singer)"

Sinner's Swing!
    Last Online

10.27.17 @ 06:31 PM
    Liked 22 Times in 17 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by EVHgirl in Va View Post
    It just got worse, by the time they made it to Tucson, he was a serious wreck. It was the infamous guitar smashing incident and the show where he got in a fisty-cuffs fight with Val's brother off stage....
    He was totally wasted at the end of that show....
    Yep, I was front row, dead center for that disaster. Ed destroyed that guitar, piece landed in front of me, I was in shock. That was after he threw it at his tech. I remember he told the crowd during his solo, "if you don't like it, shut the hell up." or something to that effect.

Good Enough
    Favorite VH Song

Drop Dead Legs
    Last Online

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by Rebel View Post
    Yep, I was front row, dead center for that disaster. Ed destroyed that guitar, piece landed in front of me, I was in shock. That was after he threw it at his tech. I remember he told the crowd during his solo, "if you don't like it, shut the hell up." or something to that effect.
    I'm glad I wasn't that close...I was devestated as it was...but to have witnessed it at close range.... no thanks.

I have looked at the youtube vids since and can see his tech standing offstage yelling at him. I "quite" Ed and VH for a good long time - for me anyway...about a yr or so.

It's one of the only times my Ed Goggles have come unglued.