Follow us on Twitter Follow us on Facebook Watch us on YouTube
Register
    Top Of The World
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Last Online

07.27.17 @ 12:43 PM
    Liked 4 Times in 4 Posts

Default Line 6 Spider III for lower Volume playing??

The reviews on these Line 6 Spiders seem to be great, for what it is, an inexpensive combo with great tone options. I already have a 5150 Combo, thats awesome when cranked up, however, I am looking for something that has great tone at a much lower volume, as my daily practice amp. The pre-programmed song settings, and jam tracks are also very appealing to me.

Anyone in the know have any experience with these amps??? Do they sound great at low volumes? What would you suggest between the 75Watt 1 X 12 , or the 120 Watt 2 X 10 ? (Keep in mind I am keeping the 5150 combo as my screamer!!) Thanks!!

Favorite VH Album

Van Halen? What site is this?
    Favorite VH Song

Rare demo: They peed on my Rug
    Last Online

11.09.08 @ 08:18 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Good Enough
    Favorite VH Album

Balance
    Last Online

10.26.16 @ 03:37 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Do you have an attenuator? You can get a Weber Mass Lite 100 watt (that is what you would need for the 5150 Combo, and I highly recommend it) for $160 bucks, plus maybe another $15 in speaker cords. It will get you your normal cranked tone right down to very quiet playing levels... might be something to check out, as it is a cheaper option then a whole new amp.

Baluchitherium
    Favorite VH Album

VH1, VHII or Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

They're all great!
    Last Online

04.02.15 @ 07:26 AM
    Liked 5 Times in 2 Posts

Donor

mrj i see your point about getting an attenuator...but a new amp is more fun...lol, a 5150 cranked has a sound all of its own but the great thing about the spider III spider jam is it comes loaded with (i think)12 modeled amps and a ton of effects plus it has some pre-programmed backing tracks (played by real musicians not computers) all in one box, plus you can plug in an mp3 player and jam along to some classics.
    so theres no problems with cables or letting the amp warm-up n cool down, its simply a plug n play deal which happens to have everything you need for a good practice in the same package.
    from what ive heard the spider jam is pretty darn good, so i would certainly check it out...i think the only thing that lets it down is the lack of a footswitch, but one can be bought seperatly.
    http://www.facebook.com/Tommywho5150

And with that I'm off to the kitchen to make myself a lesbian omelette...LLFHS in response to one of Graeme's post's

"The anal beads may have scarred SNIC for life. That guy is tough as fucking nails!! No normal guy could take anal beads to the head and survive! "...OLO on SNIC's near death experience at TLW

"I'm a 45-year-old man, and I still like to wear a thong or a speedo when I go swimming.
    Not because I have a great body, it's just an easy way to make sure I have the hotel swimming pool all to myself."...Bullwinkle for quite obvious reasons!

"Dude, the cashier gave me the creepiest sneer when he rang up my unmentionables!"...Sassy Lassy during a Facebook conversation!

Favorite VH Album

Balance
    Last Online

11.19.17 @ 03:14 PM
    Liked 82 Times in 38 Posts

I don't think you'll need more than the 75. It has enough volume if you need it, and, of course, sounds great at low volumes, too.

Romeo Delight
    Last Online

12.11.09 @ 07:20 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

May I chime in and highly recommend the new Peavey Vypyr amps. There is way more ability to shape your sound on them. I also think the amp models sound more real. Try it first though because there does seem to be some quality control issues... But they sound fantastic... (don't trust the couple youtube videos out there on them, some sound pretty bad)

Eruption
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Unchained & Romeo Delight
    Last Online

04.07.16 @ 01:19 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

I've been way tempted to get the Line 6 amp, just for the jam along feature. I thought it sounded pretty good.
    Eddie must think I'm a BOZO to want to drop THAT much on one of his new Charvel Guitars!

Good Enough
    Favorite VH Album

Balance
    Last Online

10.26.16 @ 03:37 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by tommywho5150 View Post
    mrj i see your point about getting an attenuator...but a new amp is more fun...lol, a 5150 cranked has a sound all of its own but the great thing about the spider III spider jam is it comes loaded with (i think)12 modeled amps and a ton of effects plus it has some pre-programmed backing tracks (played by real musicians not computers)

Ya, if that is what you are going for, then you are right... a new toy is always more fun

Actually, as much as i LOATHE line6 stuff, the pre-programmed backing tracks actually sound really cool.

Favorite VH Album

Van Halen, 5150
    Last Online

10.20.14 @ 09:09 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

I LOVE Line 6 gear! I've had my Flextone II for 5 years now, and it sounds great at low volume levels! I actually prefer it over my 5150 combo.