Page 1 of 10 1234 ... LastLast
    Atomic Punk
    Last Online

12.11.17 @ 04:37 PM
    Liked 1,229 Times in 448 Posts

"Who you gonna call?" Ghostbusters 3

"Ghostbusters" scares up "Office" writers
    Fri Sep 5, 2008

TORONTO/LOS ANGELES (Hollywood Reporter) - Who's Sony going to call to pen its reboot of "Ghostbusters?"

Gene Stupnitsky and Lee Eisenberg.

The studio has recruited "The Office" writer-producers to work on a new installment of the 1980s franchise that starred Bill Murray, Dan Aykroyd, Ernie Hudson and Harold Ramis as bumbling ghost-hunting scientists.

The original filmmakers, including director Ivan Reitman, and cast are aware of the project and involved in its development. Some original cast members might be involved, but not in central roles.

Stupnitsky and Eisenberg, who are nominated for an Emmy for the NBC sitcom "The Office," already have the support of one Ghostbuster in Ramis. The duo penned with Ramis the biblical comedy "Year One," which is produced by Judd Apatow and directed by Ramis, and scheduled for release in 2009 by Sony.

"Ghostbusters" was Sony's top-grossing film ever until it was surpassed by "Men in Black," which in turn was outdone by all three "Spider-Man" films. The 1984 film grossed $292 million worldwide, and its 1989 sequel brought in another $215 million globally.

------------------------------------

BREAKING: 'Ghostbusters 3' is (Maybe) ON!

We've stayed away from all the Ghostbusters rumors these past couple days because last time we crossed this road, we were told nothing existed. Well, seems that's not at all true: Variety reports that Lee Eisenberg and Gene Stupnitsky (The Office, Year One) have been asked to write a script for a Ghostbusters sequel (reported earlier today by Pajiba.com) that may or may not "pass the torch to a new group of ghost chasers." Funnily enough -- and even though he flat out told us he had nothing to do with it -- this is totally in line with those early rumors that "The Apatow Clan" would be involved in some capacity; namely Seth Rogen. When we asked him about it during the Pineapple Express junket, however, the man denied knowing a thing. Then again, he's an actor ... and he's paid pretty damn well to pretend.

The Apatow connection is also there in that these two writers are behind the Apatow-produced Year One, which, ahem, is being directed by Harold Ramis -- who, in case you forgot, played Dr. Egon Spengler in both Ghostbuster movies. No word from Columbia Pictures on the project, and Variety is simply throwing out all the same fluff that's been reported on other sites for months now. Could we see a reunion and a torch passing? Will the Apatow folks take over the Ghostbusters franchise? I'd certainly be down for it.
    "Watch what people are cynical about, and one can often discover what they lack.” -- Gen. George S. Patton

Favorite VH Album

VH 1
    Favorite VH Song

ATBL
    Last Online

12.17.17 @ 03:43 AM
    Liked 278 Times in 100 Posts

Donor

I am a huge Ghostbusters fan, but with out Venkman, Spangler, Stanz and Zedmore count me out.
    For Unlawful Carnal Knowledge the New England Fucking Patriots, Dallas Fucking Cowboys, New York Fucking Giants, Washington Fucking Redskins, Carolina Fucking Panthers, Tampa Bay Fucking Bucs, Florida Fucking Marlins, Atlanta Fucking Braves, New York Fucking Mets, Boston Fucking Red Sox, Boston Fucking Bruins, and New Jersey Fucking Devils.

( . Y . ) Boobs!

\m/ \m/
    / / v \ \

Atomic Punk
    Favorite VH Album

VHIII/WACF/OU51BALUCK
    Last Online

07.24.11 @ 04:36 PM
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by voivod View Post
    "Ghostbusters" scares up "Office" writers
    Fri Sep 5, 2008

TORONTO/LOS ANGELES (Hollywood Reporter) - Who's Sony going to call to pen its reboot of "Ghostbusters?"

Gene Stupnitsky and Lee Eisenberg.

The studio has recruited "The Office" writer-producers to work on a new installment of the 1980s franchise that starred Bill Murray, Dan Aykroyd, Ernie Hudson and Harold Ramis as bumbling ghost-hunting scientists.

The original filmmakers, including director Ivan Reitman, and cast are aware of the project and involved in its development. Some original cast members might be involved, but not in central roles.

Stupnitsky and Eisenberg, who are nominated for an Emmy for the NBC sitcom "The Office," already have the support of one Ghostbuster in Ramis. The duo penned with Ramis the biblical comedy "Year One," which is produced by Judd Apatow and directed by Ramis, and scheduled for release in 2009 by Sony.

"Ghostbusters" was Sony's top-grossing film ever until it was surpassed by "Men in Black," which in turn was outdone by all three "Spider-Man" films. The 1984 film grossed $292 million worldwide, and its 1989 sequel brought in another $215 million globally.

------------------------------------

BREAKING: 'Ghostbusters 3' is (Maybe) ON!

We've stayed away from all the Ghostbusters rumors these past couple days because last time we crossed this road, we were told nothing existed. Well, seems that's not at all true: Variety reports that Lee Eisenberg and Gene Stupnitsky (The Office, Year One) have been asked to write a script for a Ghostbusters sequel (reported earlier today by Pajiba.com) that may or may not "pass the torch to a new group of ghost chasers." Funnily enough -- and even though he flat out told us he had nothing to do with it -- this is totally in line with those early rumors that "The Apatow Clan" would be involved in some capacity; namely Seth Rogen. When we asked him about it during the Pineapple Express junket, however, the man denied knowing a thing. Then again, he's an actor ... and he's paid pretty damn well to pretend.

The Apatow connection is also there in that these two writers are behind the Apatow-produced Year One, which, ahem, is being directed by Harold Ramis -- who, in case you forgot, played Dr. Egon Spengler in both Ghostbuster movies. No word from Columbia Pictures on the project, and Variety is simply throwing out all the same fluff that's been reported on other sites for months now. Could we see a reunion and a torch passing? Will the Apatow folks take over the Ghostbusters franchise? I'd certainly be down for it.
    not sure how interested i am in this...the comedic team of reitman, akroyd, ramis and murray were so incredible, I don't think I'm interested in seeing another group doing ghostbusters...

Favorite VH Album

diver down
    Favorite VH Song

drop dead legs
    Last Online

12.16.17 @ 11:32 PM
    Liked 2,388 Times in 1,490 Posts

Premium Member

This film will suk for me it would be like VH with no Ed.........

Atomic Punk
    Last Online

12.11.17 @ 04:37 PM
    Liked 1,229 Times in 448 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by broken9500 View Post
    not sure how interested i am in this...the comedic team of reitman, akroyd, ramis and murray were so incredible, I don't think I'm interested in seeing another group doing ghostbusters...
    Who are today's Reitman, Akroyd, Ramis and Murray that can be marketed to the 13-28 year olds??
    "Watch what people are cynical about, and one can often discover what they lack.” -- Gen. George S. Patton

Future's in the past....
    Favorite VH Album

WACF, FW, DD
    Favorite VH Song

At the moment, Little Guitars
    Last Online

11.03.17 @ 01:35 PM
    Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by broken9500 View Post
    +1

Just would not be the same.
    11/05/78 Hollywood Sportatorium
    12/10/82 Hollywood Sportatorium
    01/20/84 Hollywood Sportatorium
    01/21/84 Hollywood Sportatorium
    02/16/08 Jacksonville Veterans Memorial Arena

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I've got dreams in hidden places and extra smiles for when I'm blue.

Whoa, this is heavy! Jedi McFly's Avatar
    Last Online

12.16.17 @ 04:20 PM
    Liked 2,861 Times in 1,072 Posts

Premium Member

Donor

I'd be game. I LOVE movies. Ghostbusters is probably my 4th favorite movie ever. If the writers from The Office (which I love) are involved, it should be great. If the Apatow crew is involved, well, none of their movies have sucked so far, now have they?

I'd love to see Seth Rogen as a Ghostbuster. Harold Ramis played his dad in knocked up....

Favorite VH Album

F.U.C.K.
    Favorite VH Song

Humans Being
    Last Online

12.14.17 @ 05:57 AM
    Liked 40 Times in 29 Posts

Donor

This cannot be good. Why remake another classic?
    "What we are dealing with here, is a complete lack of respect for the law" - Jackie Gleason, Smokey and the Bandit

www.geocaching.com - The site where you are the search engine.

Favorite VH Album

VH I
    Last Online

12.17.17 @ 04:01 AM
    Liked 594 Times in 364 Posts

Donor

Oh shit. That's a TERRIBLE idea! What does Ghostbusters have to do with youth, anyway? Is there a specific reason most of the original cast couldn't reprise their roles?

Favorite VH Album

F.U.C.K.
    Favorite VH Song

Humans Being
    Last Online

12.14.17 @ 05:57 AM
    Liked 40 Times in 29 Posts

Donor

Yeah - Bill Murray thought that the story was told and he wasn't interested in doing another movie.
    "What we are dealing with here, is a complete lack of respect for the law" - Jackie Gleason, Smokey and the Bandit

www.geocaching.com - The site where you are the search engine.

Favorite VH Album

VH I
    Last Online

12.17.17 @ 04:01 AM
    Liked 594 Times in 364 Posts

Donor

And he's so busy these days.

Last Online

03.07.10 @ 06:18 AM
    Liked 10 Times in 9 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by ZeoBandit View Post
    This cannot be good. Why remake another classic?
    The article mentions a latest installment, which doesn't necessarily mean it's a remake. More than likely, this will be "Ghost Busters: The Next Generation".

Even with that title, the premise doesn't sound too promising.
    "The reasonable man adapts himself to the world; the unreasonable one persists in trying to adapt the world to himself. Therefore, all progress depends on the unreasonable man."
    George Bernard Shaw

Future's in the past....
    Favorite VH Album

WACF, FW, DD
    Favorite VH Song

At the moment, Little Guitars
    Last Online

11.03.17 @ 01:35 PM
    Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Scotty View Post
    And he's so busy these days.

He's probably spending some of his time in St. Augustine.

http://www.murraybroscaddyshack.com/
    11/05/78 Hollywood Sportatorium
    12/10/82 Hollywood Sportatorium
    01/20/84 Hollywood Sportatorium
    01/21/84 Hollywood Sportatorium
    02/16/08 Jacksonville Veterans Memorial Arena

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I've got dreams in hidden places and extra smiles for when I'm blue.

Last Online

12.17.17 @ 01:29 AM
    Liked 1,619 Times in 996 Posts

Donor

Not a wise decision.

Lancashire(Preston and Manchester), England...the ORIGINAL, NOT 'New England'
    Favorite VH Album

VH 3 and 5150
    Last Online

09.04.12 @ 11:15 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

I heard the 'Superbad' boys were being considered for this?- Seth Rogan, Jonah Hill, Michael Cera and Christopher Mintz-Plasse (no doubt he would make a GREAT Louis Tully)

Personally, I LOVE these guys and think if anyone these days could do justice to the Ghostbusters franchise its them.
    'The whole world is watching you tonight!'

Official VHLinks Van Halen 3 fan.

'The III Brigade' - show your support for Van Halen 3 by wearing this sig!

Recognise VH3 for what it was! - A fantastic third incarnation of the greatest band of all time!

YO!Edward and Mishar McLeud - founding members of the III Brigade.