Follow us on Twitter Follow us on Facebook Watch us on YouTube
Register
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Atomic Punk
    Last Online

12.11.17 @ 04:37 PM
    Liked 1,229 Times in 448 Posts

Drunk Driving Suspect With 4 DWIs Kills Texas Newlyweds

DALLAS — A car driven by a drunken driving suspect with four previous DWI arrests and an invalid license raced away from a sheriff's deputy, ran a red light, then went airborne after a wreck and landed on top of an SUV, killing a newlywed couple inside, authorities said.

Second-grade teacher Erika Clouet, 24, and her husband of a little over a month, construction worker and aspiring musician German Clouet, 23, of Irving, were killed in the accident early Monday.

The driver, Uriel Perez Palacios, 22, of Dallas, remained in the hospital Tuesday in fair condition, Dallas County Sheriff's Department spokeswoman Kim Leach said. His passenger had to be cut from the vehicle and also was hospitalized. She is in critical condition.

Officials on Tuesday charged Palacios with two counts of murder and three counts of intoxication assault. A phone listing for Palacios could not be found.

The murder charges are believed to be the first time a Dallas County prosecutor has pursued a DWI case as murder, Leach said.

Dallas County authorities Tuesday were still piecing together Palacios' extensive arrest record. He'd been arrested as recently as June for driving while intoxicated and was released after paying a $500 fine. He also was involved in two police chases and had four outstanding warrants, officials said.

After a DWI arrest in 2007, his bail was set at $3,500, increased to $100,000 and then lowered back to $3,500, Leach said. It is unclear why the judge lowered the bail, which Palacios paid.

He also was driving on a suspended license, which became invalid on Aug. 14, Leach said.

A Dallas County sheriff's deputy pulled Palacios over around 2 a.m. Monday after spotting him weaving in traffic, authorities said. The deputy smelled alcohol on Palacios and asked for his keys. Instead, Palacios sped away with his lights off and drove through a red light, striking a sport utility vehicle carrying five Southern Methodist University students.

Palacios' car went airborne and crashed into the Clouets' SUV, crushing it and killing them at the scene, authorities said. The couple were returning from the movies.

All the SMU students were injured. One had a broken arm, two were hospitalized with non-life-threatening injuries and two more were treated at the scene.

Uriel Perez Palacios timeline:

February 24, 2004 – Mr. Palacios pleads guilty to two counts of driving while intoxicated and is sentenced to 135 days in jail.

August 2005 – Mr. Palacios violates probation on two prior evading-arrest cases and is sentenced to 180 days in jail.

November 2007 – Mr. Palacios is arrested on drug possession and DWI charges. It's his third DWI arrest, making it a felony.

January 2008 – A Breathalyzer device is installed in Mr. Palacios' truck. The device will not allow the truck to start without measuring the driver's blood alcohol level.

April 9 – State District Judge John Creuzot orders that Mr. Palacios be rearrested and placed in Dallas County Jail, because he repeatedly failed tests on the Breathalyzer.

April 23 – Judge Creuzot reinstates Mr. Palacios' bail, and he is ordered to comply with the Breathalyzer requirements.

June 29 – Garland police arrest Mr. Palacios on charges of DWI and driving with a suspended license. He pays the $500 bond and is released.

July 8 – Judge Creuzot issues a warrant for Mr. Palacios' arrest and raises his bail to $500,555. The warrant was never served.

Monday – Mr. Palacios is accused of fleeing from Dallas County sheriff's deputies, crashing into two cars and killing a newlywed couple.

Tuesday – He is charged with two counts of murder.
    "Watch what people are cynical about, and one can often discover what they lack.” -- Gen. George S. Patton

Favorite VH Album

F.U.C.K.
    Favorite VH Song

Humans Being
    Last Online

12.13.17 @ 06:12 AM
    Liked 40 Times in 29 Posts

Donor

Hang him.
    "What we are dealing with here, is a complete lack of respect for the law" - Jackie Gleason, Smokey and the Bandit

www.geocaching.com - The site where you are the search engine.

Eruption
    Last Online

10.19.17 @ 03:51 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

That is just terrible, terrible, terrible. Awful.

So, what do you guys think he'll get for sentencing? I hope the hammer falls hard. Sound to me like he shouldn't see the light of day again.

Favorite VH Album

They're all shit
    Last Online

11.19.17 @ 09:41 AM
    Liked 34 Times in 20 Posts

I know in this case it made no difference since he was driving with no licence but can someone explain the drink driving laws in the US to me. He had so many previous convictions I don't see how it is possible to rack up that many..

In the UK, and I think it is the same all over Europe, if you drink and drive you lose your licence. I think the minimum period in the UK is now 3 years.
    If you kill someone whilst drunk, or indeed, using a mobile phone, prison for manslaughter.
    A man could lose himself in a country like this.

My blog at http://tollins.blogspot.de/

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

So this is love?
    Last Online

01.01.13 @ 04:06 PM
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

It never ceases to amaze me how these multiple offenders can be behind the wheel...
    "It doesn't mean that much to me to mean that much to you..." -Neil Young

"The sun's not yellow, it's chicken." -Bob Dylan

"If you go out and buy a Van Halen record and put it in your collection, it'll melt your other records." -David Lee Roth, 1981.

Guy of Gisborne: Why a spoon, cousin? Why not an axe?
    Sheriff of Nottingham: Because it's DULL, you twit!!! It'll HURT MORE!!!

Banned!
    Favorite VH Album

Anything Ed plays on
    Favorite VH Song

See above
    Last Online

08.19.10 @ 08:10 AM
    Liked 8 Times in 8 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by ZeoBandit View Post
    Hang him.

No, castrate him first, then hang him.

Favorite VH Album

diver down
    Favorite VH Song

drop dead legs
    Last Online

12.13.17 @ 03:35 PM
    Liked 2,386 Times in 1,488 Posts

Premium Member

At some point June 29 to be exact he should have been jailed with no bond for a long time....years. What a tragedy. Most things like this happen because the person isnt jailed.
    My guess is a jury trial in Tx will give him death but its too late now to bring the people back he killed somebody in Garland dropped the ball.

Favorite VH Album

F.U.C.K.
    Favorite VH Song

Humans Being
    Last Online

12.13.17 @ 06:12 AM
    Liked 40 Times in 29 Posts

Donor

Quote Originally Posted by Kimmie5150 View Post
    No, castrate him first, then hang him.
    That'll work too.
    "What we are dealing with here, is a complete lack of respect for the law" - Jackie Gleason, Smokey and the Bandit

www.geocaching.com - The site where you are the search engine.

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Mean Street, Little Guitars
    Last Online

07.19.17 @ 06:30 AM
    Liked 13 Times in 3 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by edwardv View Post
    At some point June 29 to be exact he should have been jailed with no bond for a long time....years. What a tragedy. Most things like this happen because the person isnt jailed.
    My guess is a jury trial in Tx will give him death but its too late now to bring the people back he killed somebody in Garland dropped the ball.
    Even in TX, I don't think they'll pursue the death penalty, as there was not intent to kill. Life in prison perhaps.
    Don't drink the Jim Jones punch. They're called theToxic Twins for a reason...

Eruption
    Last Online

01.05.16 @ 08:47 AM
    Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts

I agree that guy should serve the rest of his natural born days behind bars but the part I don't get is the warrant that was never processed and the guy ends up killing two people because the local authorities did not follow up thoroughly?? Sounds like they should have some blame as well. They did not get a habitual offender off the street and look what happened.

Favorite VH Album

Favorite VH Song

Humans Being,5150,WhenIt'sLove
    Last Online

08.08.17 @ 07:44 PM
    Liked 18 Times in 2 Posts

Donor

Quote Originally Posted by cokemach1 View Post
    That is just terrible, terrible, terrible. Awful.

So, what do you guys think he'll get for sentencing? I hope the hammer falls hard. Sound to me like he shouldn't see the light of day again.
    Quote Originally Posted by edwardv View Post
    I don't know, guys. I'd love to see the guy be put away for life but it might not happen...even in Texas. I went to school with a guy (actually Ed graduated with him) who has now killed 2 people in 2 different accidents here in Texas. Tyler had EVERYTHING going for him...was capt. of the football team, a bright guy (not a brain but not stupid), was from a great family who were well-respected in the community, had a football scholarship to a state university, was one of the (if not THE) most popular guys at our high school. Well, when coming home over spring break his freshman year of college, he fell asleep at the wheel after drinking A LOT, and killed his roomate and one of his best friends. I'm not sure he even saw a month in jail. He was charged with intoxicated manslaughter, got probation, and had to go around to schools in Texas talking about the dangers of drinking and driving. Clint's(the guy he killed) parents evidently agreed to not take him to civil court if he abided by his probation requirements, etc. Well, he didn't. About 6yrs. ago (he was now 32yrs. old...can't use the "well, he was still a kid" excuse) he was drinking and driving on the interstate in Dallas. A man was walking on the shoulder of the interstate pushing his dad's car that had broken down. Tyler ran over the guy on the shoulder killing him too!!!

This was Tyler's 2nd offense and he only got 8 years in prison. It absolutely makes me sick to my stomach and I wish he'd gotten life in prison. He never learned...even after killing his best friend. As a side note, I went to see him in the hospital after the first accident. I didn't even recognize him as he'd shattered every bone in his face and had to have his entire face redone. Well, about 2 months later I saw him outside Kerrville at this rodeo dance hall that is open during the summer. To get there, you drive about 5 miles or so down a VERY windy and narrow road. Many MANY people have been killed on that road from drinking and driving accidents. You guessed it...only two months after his first accident I saw him drinking at Criders and then I watched him get into his car and drive off before anyone knew what he was doing or could stop him. People like that make me sick!!! If you don't care about your own life, fine...but to have utter disregard for others is the most selfish act there is, in my opinion.

(going to go take a valium now...lol. That story pisses me off and raises my blood pressure everytime I think about it)
    Meet me in Cabo!

Romeo Delight
    Favorite VH Album

most of them
    Favorite VH Song

ditto
    Last Online

04.14.10 @ 11:42 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

harsh story KT. one drink drive offence resulting an an accident and lifetime ban in my opinion.

the other day I saw this on youtube

(disturbing drink drive vid)
    Last edited by DBC; 09.04.08 at 05:43 PM.

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Panama
    Last Online

12.13.17 @ 08:47 PM
    Liked 2,236 Times in 1,354 Posts

KT I know what you mean, ....a friend of the family was so screwed up on drugs that it was stunning He came from a "good"family... successful, educated, church going upstanding members of the community, who unfortunately had an apparently wide spread alcohol problem

This guy had everything going for him...good job, wife, child, and a lot of talent...but nothing could stop his raging drug addiction.....not losing his job...and visitation of his child...not losing his friends...not having his wife horrifically injured, not getting beaten up, thrown in jail..then to prison. and prison again....nothing

eventually this small town boy was murdered in a crack house....his family heard about his death on the news...I went to the funeral home and he was unrecognizable and the bruises that could not be covered by any amount of makeup were devastating to see...next to his casket was a memorial board that showed photos of him through his life...it was a memorial to wasted potential.

no one could stop him...he was a lost cause and it broke his parents hearts...the aftermath of his murder was so horrible to his family that it basically destroyed them...

Alcoholism is terrible enough, but combine that with drugs.......I really think that life sentences without parole for those who manufacture and distribute crack, meth, ice, heroin etc are deserved ....after all, the end result of their drug trade is often a life sentence for the user.

Last Online

06.11.16 @ 04:33 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Apparently too many people in the local jail/prison for marijuana....which should be legal (and taxed heavily).

FYI - Never done the stuff in my life and I know the laws against it are stupid. I don't even like the Grateful Dead, Phish or Dave Matthews Band.

Legalize it, turn the punshment to treatment ratio around to 2/3 for treatment 1/3 punishment and then we can lock up multiple offenders like this asshole who are killing innocent people with their blatant irresponsiblity. We'd have a lot more room. I'm sorry, by the 4th offense, somebody is not watching this bastard enough. I had someone I know go away for 6 months after the 3rd offense in NJ. Smarten up people!

Again, aside from alcohol and cigarettes (and caffeine) I'm not an abuser of any drug, well does ibuprofen count when I pull my back a little?

Last Online

06.11.16 @ 04:33 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Just one more thing....I'm starting to think that society has forgotten the natural law of natural selection. Maybe not everyone should be alive... Maybe the weak need to die. Just a thought but if you're that far gone and have given up...let it go. Too many stupid people killing decent ones, gonna lead us down the wrong path as a species.

Keep the faith brothers and sisters!!!