All of them
    Favorite VH Song

All of them
    Last Online

12.09.17 @ 07:27 AM
    Liked 2,299 Times in 1,256 Posts

Default DEMO Linkers ONLY!! SOUND OFF!

Ok guys, I'm a reg REP.

What I'm looking for here is for you guys who are voting for Obama to tell me what change he's gonna do for this country and how he's gonna do it. Tell us why he IS the man for the job and what you guys see in him that the rest of us do not! I WANT YOU GUYS TO SELL OBAMA's PLATFORM AND MAKE ME SEE THE OTHER SIDE OF THE DEMO PARTY.

What I'm looking for is 1 week of Demo Linkers to post their ideas, NO REPUBLICAN imput. The Republican imput we'll start 1 week from today and give you guys the chance to respond to any thread in here or you can state your reasons why you think that McCain/Palin is the way the country needs to go.

Please, I would invite the DEMO's to research the "FACTS" on what Obama has done while he's been in office. All of his Senate votes on issues, his stance on things he's said privately or in public are all public record. Why his wife stated she "hated the United States of America"..... How you see him giving EVERY American health care without raising taxes, How you see him dealing with Terrorist Counties and his foreign-policies. Anything and everything you guys wanna sound off on, SPEAK IT, and gives us the REAL reasons that Obama/Biden is ready to lead this country!!

I would hope ( ) that this all can be a healthy debate and a learning experience for all of us who don't know much about the Obama/Biden ticket, but being the VH Links............ I would just ask that everyone keep an open mind and keep your post respectful of the others. AND MODS, IF YOU FEEL THAT THIS IS DANGEROUS WATER WE"RE SWIMMING IN, PLEASE CLOSE THIS THREAD DOWN. I mean, I can see the real potential of this getting out of hand, but I wanna take that chance.

Ok, there it is..........Floor is all yours, DEMO's. Teach us!!!

HH<------Hope this works out like I plan------------
    Last edited by Hurricane Halen; 09.04.08 at 08:33 AM.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    VH LINKS Resident Paramedic/Firefighter
    #officialhashtaghater
    Copyright holder of all things, "<-----------------"

UC<------Goal in life to be included in an HH sig-----

Future's in the past....
    Favorite VH Album

WACF, FW, DD
    Favorite VH Song

At the moment, Little Guitars
    Last Online

11.03.17 @ 01:35 PM
    Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts

As someone who is clearly in the "undecided" category, this could prove interesting.
    11/05/78 Hollywood Sportatorium
    12/10/82 Hollywood Sportatorium
    01/20/84 Hollywood Sportatorium
    01/21/84 Hollywood Sportatorium
    02/16/08 Jacksonville Veterans Memorial Arena

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I've got dreams in hidden places and extra smiles for when I'm blue.

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

So this is love?
    Last Online

01.01.13 @ 04:06 PM
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

The only "imput" I have is that I'm staying the hell away from this thread...
    "It doesn't mean that much to me to mean that much to you..." -Neil Young

"The sun's not yellow, it's chicken." -Bob Dylan

"If you go out and buy a Van Halen record and put it in your collection, it'll melt your other records." -David Lee Roth, 1981.

Guy of Gisborne: Why a spoon, cousin? Why not an axe?
    Sheriff of Nottingham: Because it's DULL, you twit!!! It'll HURT MORE!!!

Eruption
    Last Online

10.19.17 @ 03:51 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

This is a good idea. We need one for the McCain supporters, as well.

Hopefully, things will stay civil.

Here is something I found that gives generals to both candidates. This is a long one:

http://www.ksdk.com/news/local/story...153767&catid=3

Favorite VH Album

They're all shit
    Last Online

11.19.17 @ 09:41 AM
    Liked 34 Times in 20 Posts

I'll put in my international view; as a Brit with half American family still living in California, I have a pretty sincere interest in what happens to America.

America's world reputation is the lowest it has ever been. That is a fact, as distasteful as it may seem. In a truly "global" world (you get the phrase), the internal politics of any major player reach much further than it's borders.

If for only one reason, I would vote for Obama in relation to this area. This is already the most keenly viewed election around the world and in every country I get news from, both the politicians and the population want Obama in.

Is this based on perception? Absolutely, but then again, all elections are, since very few follow through on their promises, whether by design or simply through endless compromise.

It has been a campaign slogan of Obama's - Change, change and more change. Yes it is a bit wearying, but it is exactly what is required and what the majority of the world thinks is very necessary, especially with regard to US foreign policy.

Will he deliver? Who can really say, but he is making the right noises whereas McCain is making no claims of the sort and this worries a lot of people.

No, I have not gone into any detail about domestic or foreign policy at all, because a) I can't be arsed and b) Without a fundamental shift in foreign relations the US is fucked so anything else is almost irrelevant.

It's all connected out there. Obama seems like the best bet, just as a man, to begin to rebuild some of those bridges that have been burnt by the last 8 years.
    A man could lose himself in a country like this.

My blog at http://tollins.blogspot.de/

Good Enough Tropical Storm Tracey's Avatar
    Favorite VH Album

Do I really have to pick???
    Favorite VH Song

ATBL
    Last Online

11.18.17 @ 07:19 PM
    Liked 20 Times in 7 Posts

Premium Member

Quote Originally Posted by cokemach1 View Post
    This is a good idea. We need one for the McCain supporters, as well.

Hopefully, things will stay civil.

Here is something I found that gives generals to both candidates. This is a long one:

http://www.ksdk.com/news/local/story...153767&catid=3
    We will in 1 week. Wanna give the Demo's a chance first!

NO REPUBLICAN IMPUT FOLKS!! Demo's have the floor!!

HH<------------------ ------------------

Baluchitherium
    Favorite VH Album

VH II
    Favorite VH Song

Down in Flames
    Last Online

12.06.17 @ 01:26 PM
    Liked 200 Times in 83 Posts

Your house needs a new dictionary. Please... It is "iNput". No M.
    Posted from yo' mama's house.

Massachusetts by way of the Great State of New Jersey
    Favorite VH Album

Favorite VH Song

Changes with the day
    Last Online

12.10.17 @ 05:44 PM
    Liked 529 Times in 317 Posts

Premium Member

Donor

Tough one - I'm a registered Democrat, but I don't think I can vote for Obama. He's just too far out there, and I don't believe he has the strength of character - or the desire - to get done what truly needs to be done.

The bottom line (IMO) is that we don't "need" to completely rebuild all of the bridges, to use Graeme's word. Americans, in general, don't give a flying fuck what the rest of the world thinks, and that's one of the reasons we are the longest lasting "empire" in modern history - 200+ years and counting. And why those of you in Europe and Asia, and Australia while we're at it, aren't speaking German or Japanese. Or Russian, if you want to get more current than the 1940's. While I don't agree with the bullying that Bush has engaged in, I also don't want to be like the French and throw up the white flag just so someone in (name a country, almost any country) who has relied on our aid and military protection for the past 90 years will "like" us. Again, that said, I don't agree with what Bush has done either, I think there are some ammends that need to be made, but nowhere near as many as the far left believes.

The only "change" I can see Obama making is to make us "nicer" by giving up leverage and position bought out of necessity by blood. Sorry, not willing to do that. Still can't stand the right wing nut jobs, but the far left ain't my cup of tea either.

Favorite VH Album

Halen 1
    Favorite VH Song

I'm the one
    Last Online

11.30.17 @ 06:15 PM
    Liked 257 Times in 92 Posts

Donor

Quote Originally Posted by jrk5150 View Post
    The bottom line (IMO) is that we don't "need" to completely rebuild all of the bridges, to use Graeme's word. Americans, in general, don't give a flying fuck what the rest of the world thinks, and that's one of the reasons we are the longest lasting "empire" in modern history - 200+ years and counting. And why those of you in Europe and Asia, and Australia while we're at it, aren't speaking German or Japanese. Or Russian, if you want to get more current than the 1940's. While I don't agree with the bullying that Bush has engaged in, I also don't want to be like the French and throw up the white flag just so someone in (name a country, almost any country) who has relied on our aid and military protection for the past 90 years will "like" us. Again, that said, I don't agree with what Bush has done either, I think there are some ammends that need to be made, but nowhere near as many as the far left believes.
    I'll try my best to play by the rules of this thread, but I did want to point out a big fat Bravo to this post. That needed to be said.
    sheepa latta peepah dabba looka foh a moopy

Gunter glieben glauchen globen

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Unchained
    Last Online

12.11.17 @ 01:34 AM
    Liked 11,541 Times in 4,916 Posts

God knows why I am doing this...I never get involved in politics....but I feel pretty strongly about this...

I am a registered Republican, BUT I have voted democratic before. I did vote for Gore over Bush and I voted for Clinton over Dole.

However, I will NEVER, NEVER, NEVER, NEVER vote for Barrack Obama for President of the US.

Besides the fact that his "mentor" was an anti-semitic, hate mongering, racist, and the fact that I fully believe he himself is anti-semite, I don't for one second believe anything with the word "change" and this man. He has very questionable character, VERY questionable character, and absolutely no practical experience to lead me to believe he can better this country.

I don't like George Bush at all, but I will not vote for a slimeball like Barrack Obama. Ok I will never post again on this, because I know I'll regret it, but I just had to say my feelings on this guy somewhere. I am shocked to hear that ANY Jewish American would vote for this man.
    Webmaster
    VHLinks.com - Your Van Halen Internet Resource Guide
    http://www.vhlinks.com

JamToThis.com
    Audio/Video Trading Community
    Tons of Van Halen!

Favorite VH Album

They're all shit
    Last Online

11.19.17 @ 09:41 AM
    Liked 34 Times in 20 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by jrk5150 View Post
    Tough one - I'm a registered Democrat, but I don't think I can vote for Obama. He's just too far out there, and I don't believe he has the strength of character - or the desire - to get done what truly needs to be done.

The only "change" I can see Obama making is to make us "nicer" by giving up leverage and position bought out of necessity by blood. Sorry, not willing to do that. Still can't stand the right wing nut jobs, but the far left ain't my cup of tea either.
    Sorry, perhaps my post was a bit vague. I didn't mean that people need to "like" the US or to appear "nice". My point is more that, after a certain point, people just start refusing to do business, whether financial or otherwise.

That certain point usually does involve money however. America is now a huge debtor nation (estimates range from 55 - 95 trillion) and has no conceivable way of paying this off as things stand. Then remember that most of the big corporations have sidetracked the US so that very little of the money they make actually finds it's way back to the American people. As other world economies continue to grow America is becoming less of a world exporter year on year. It's financial clout, as a country, has been reduced. There are too many other possible trading partners.

Then consider that the price of oil is linked to the dollar and without that tie a depression would be an understatement.

Whether or not individual Americans care what the rest of the world thinks (they probably don't, same as people in every other country I can think of), it is of absolute importance that reputations are secured for ongoing global trade.

This is why I think that Obama can have a positive impact. Sometimes it is policy AND personal relationships too that affect the biggest changes. I feel that, whatever his merits, McCain would start with a handicap, being a republican and seen as a cohort of Bush whereas Obama is a relative unknown on the world stage. Carte blanche.... (or as good as)

I've heard arguments about withdrawal (by various countries, not just the US) from international economic matters but the point is that, as things are right now, America is very dependent on how it can function within the larger community because it simply does not have the money (it is technically bankrupt) or the resources (in the short to middle term) to exist alone. Maybe no country needs friends but they certainly do need partners.
    A man could lose himself in a country like this.

My blog at http://tollins.blogspot.de/

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Mean Street
    Last Online

12.10.17 @ 08:57 AM
    Liked 555 Times in 251 Posts

to me, Republicans are all about "I" and "me" and Democrats are about "we". Republicans come off as warmongers and I'm more of a pacifist. I'm not all "pro abortion"(and I don't think democrats are) but I do think making it illegal doesn't do any good as you would have back alley butchers. same thing with drugs--they should be decriminilized--i don't condone shootin' heroin but I think keeping it illegal leads to gang violence which leads to 8 year old kids getting killed in the crossfire(read everyday chicago newspapers)

as far as voting for Obama-he comes off as a smart and inspiring guy and someone who I think would represent our country well on the world stage. he put together a campaign that beat the Clintons and that's not an easy task. He has the same political experience as Lincoln had and that guy is considered one of our better presidents. None of these politicians has groundbreaking policies but I'm so sick of having a president that comes off like a moron that I want a president who has a good education and is articulate. McCain just puts me in ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZzzzzzzville

I look across that RNC crowd and it's a bunch of old white people. I'm a young guy!(well, not as young as I like to think ) I just don't relate to that.

I consider myself somewhat of an artist and I don't think any good art comes from being conservative which is probably why i think country music is the most boring cookie cutter crap ever and if you guys knew the process they took to write that crap you would hate it too

I think gays should have the right to marry and serve openly in the military.

so I've hooked my wagon to the Dems although I kind of consider myself a left leaning indepenent
    Last edited by hain23x; 09.04.08 at 03:30 PM.
    Eat Us and Smile!

Favorite VH Album

OU812
    Favorite VH Song

Drop Dead Legs
    Last Online

08.08.17 @ 07:08 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Ace Ventura View Post
    The only "imput" I have is that I'm staying the hell away from this thread...

Yeah...I am too!

Favorite VH Album

F.U.C.K.
    Favorite VH Song

Humans Being
    Last Online

12.07.17 @ 02:51 PM
    Liked 40 Times in 29 Posts

Donor

Me three!
    "What we are dealing with here, is a complete lack of respect for the law" - Jackie Gleason, Smokey and the Bandit

www.geocaching.com - The site where you are the search engine.

Sinner's Swing!
    Favorite VH Album

Dave
    Favorite VH Song

Dave
    Last Online

11.16.12 @ 10:28 PM
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by Hurricane Halen View Post
    Ok guys, I'm a reg REP.

What I'm looking for here is for you guys who are voting for Obama to tell me what change he's gonna do for this country and how he's gonna do it. Tell us why he IS the man for the job and what you guys see in him that the rest of us do not! I WANT YOU GUYS TO SELL OBAMA's PLATFORM AND MAKE ME SEE THE OTHER SIDE OF THE DEMO PARTY.

What I'm looking for is 1 week of Demo Linkers to post their ideas, NO REPUBLICAN imput. The Republican imput we'll start 1 week from today and give you guys the chance to respond to any thread in here or you can state your reasons why you think that McCain/Palin is the way the country needs to go.

Please, I would invite the DEMO's to research the "FACTS" on what Obama has done while he's been in office. All of his Senate votes on issues, his stance on things he's said privately or in public are all public record. Why his wife stated she "hated the United States of America"..... How you see him giving EVERY American health care without raising taxes, How you see him dealing with Terrorist Counties and his foreign-policies. Anything and everything you guys wanna sound off on, SPEAK IT, and gives us the REAL reasons that Obama/Biden is ready to lead this country!!

I would hope ( ) that this all can be a healthy debate and a learning experience for all of us who don't know much about the Obama/Biden ticket, but being the VH Links............ I would just ask that everyone keep an open mind and keep your post respectful of the others. AND MODS, IF YOU FEEL THAT THIS IS DANGEROUS WATER WE"RE SWIMMING IN, PLEASE CLOSE THIS THREAD DOWN. I mean, I can see the real potential of this getting out of hand, but I wanna take that chance.

Ok, there it is..........Floor is all yours, DEMO's. Teach us!!!

HH<------Hope this works out like I plan------------
    Sorry, HH....but the tone of your post does not indicate to me in any way that you're sincere about wanting to have a civil discussion.

Not sure what your "plan" is....but I'm thinkin' it doesn't really have much to do with Reps yearning to be "taught" by Demos.

Please, let's stop screaming at each other.

"Keep away from people who try to belittle your ambitions. Small people always do that, but the truly great make you feel that you, too, can become great." - Mark Twain

"Edward?.....thank ya." ~ Could This Be Magic

"The attitude is we live and let live. This is actually an amazing change in values in a rather short time and it's an example of freedom from religion."
    ~ Thomas Wolfe