Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

So this is love?
    Last Online

01.01.13 @ 04:06 PM
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Default Barenaked Ladies singer survives plane crash

TORONTO, Ontario (AP) -- The lead singer of the Canadian pop band Barenaked Ladies and three other people survived a plane crash in rural southeastern Ontario, authorities said Monday.

Ed Robertson's Cessna 206 floatplane crashed in a wooded area near Bancroft, Ontario, on Sunday afternoon as he was trying to take off from Baptiste Lake, Ontario Provincial police Sgt. Bruce Quigg said. Quigg said no one in the plane was injured.

Robertson's friend Gord Peel told The Belleville Intelligencer newspaper that the other passengers were Robertson's wife, Natalie, and their friends Julie and Jeff Jones.

Peel, who said he has known Robertson for about a decade, arrived on the scene shortly after the crash and found the four friends walking on a road, shaken but unharmed.

He said the plane stalled but Robertson managed to set it straight down into the trees with its nose resting on the ground. They had to get out through the windows but did not have a scratch, he said.

"Everyone is fine and that is the important thing," Adam Smith, the band's manager, said Sunday night in an e-mail. "That's all the comment we have at this time."

Spokeswoman Julie Leroux said Monday that the Transportation Safety Board of Canada is assessing the accident scene to determine whether an investigation will be launched.

Robertson is host of "Ed's Up" on the Outdoor Life Network. The show documents his travels by plane. He received his pilot's license in 2005 and is described on the OLN Web site as a "recreational pilot." Episodes involve landing his Cessna on water near cities across North America.

This is the second time this summer that a member of the Barenaked Ladies has made headlines. Singer Steven Page was arrested in upstate New York last month and charged with possession of a controlled substance.
    "It doesn't mean that much to me to mean that much to you..." -Neil Young

"The sun's not yellow, it's chicken." -Bob Dylan

"If you go out and buy a Van Halen record and put it in your collection, it'll melt your other records." -David Lee Roth, 1981.

Guy of Gisborne: Why a spoon, cousin? Why not an axe?
    Sheriff of Nottingham: Because it's DULL, you twit!!! It'll HURT MORE!!!

Good Enough
    Last Online

12.14.17 @ 12:13 AM
    Liked 135 Times in 87 Posts

I'd be scared shitless taking off/landing in one of those water planes.
    Dealing with it.

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Panama
    Last Online

12.13.17 @ 08:47 PM
    Liked 2,236 Times in 1,354 Posts

Substance abuse problems, plane crashes...BNL is starting to sound alot like Lynyrd Skynyrd...at least in their press clippings....I guess some rock and roll stereotypes get perpetuated because they are, well, true!

Favorite VH Album

OU812
    Favorite VH Song

Dreams
    Last Online

12.13.17 @ 03:17 PM
    Liked 650 Times in 369 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Daisy Hill View Post
    Substance abuse problems, plane crashes...BNL is starting to sound alot like Lynyrd Skynyrd...at least in their press clippings....I guess some rock and roll stereotypes get perpetuated because they are, well, true!
    I wouldn't call BNL a rock and roll group.
    They're in the same category as the guy who sang " Putting on the Ritz" and Weird Al.
    Cabo x 20
    Van Halen x 11
    Sammy x 20+
    DLR x 2

Favorite VH Album

OU812
    Favorite VH Song

Drop Dead Legs
    Last Online

08.08.17 @ 07:08 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by cabomiro View Post
    They're in the same category as the guy who sang " Putting on the Ritz" and Weird Al.
    Haha....very true!

Eruption
    Favorite VH Album

Currently: 1984
    Favorite VH Song

Currently: Panama
    Last Online

05.30.17 @ 09:20 PM
    Liked 26 Times in 14 Posts

Donor

Quote Originally Posted by nicholas_kudochop View Post
    Haha....very true!
    No...they're legit. You should listen to some of their songs other than the singles. Good stuff.
    Thunder Mountain Brewing Company
    Owner and Brewmaster

Bottled: 2010 Imperial Bastard Stout (9.5% ABV)
    Bottled: 2011 Thunder Mountain Pale Ale (5.5% ABV)
    Fermenting: 2011 Thunder Mountain Irrish Ale (4.9% ABV)

"I'm just a normal jerk who happens to make music. As long as my brain and fingers work, I'm cool." -Eddie Van Halen, 1996

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

So this is love?
    Last Online

01.01.13 @ 04:06 PM
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by cabomiro View Post
    I think the "Putting on the Ritz" guy's name was Taco. I remember hearing that when I was a kid and thinking, "Why would someone name themself after a Mexican entree?" The video was sort of freaky too... the guy just looks strange to me....
    "It doesn't mean that much to me to mean that much to you..." -Neil Young

"The sun's not yellow, it's chicken." -Bob Dylan

"If you go out and buy a Van Halen record and put it in your collection, it'll melt your other records." -David Lee Roth, 1981.

Guy of Gisborne: Why a spoon, cousin? Why not an axe?
    Sheriff of Nottingham: Because it's DULL, you twit!!! It'll HURT MORE!!!

Favorite VH Album

F.U.C.K.
    Favorite VH Song

Humans Being
    Last Online

12.13.17 @ 06:12 AM
    Liked 40 Times in 29 Posts

Donor

Barenaked Ladies singer's drug charge reduced

FAYETTEVILLE, New York (AP) -- A drug charge against Barenaked Ladies singer-guitarist Steven Page was significantly reduced Tuesday by an upstate New York court.

The felony charge was reduced to a misdemeanor and the 38-year-old musician was given what's called an adjournment in contemplation of dismissal, which means the charges will be dismissed if he stays out of trouble for six months.

Page was arrested in July while visiting girlfriend Christine Benedicto and another woman at their suburban Syracuse apartment.

Benedicto and another woman, Stephanie Ford, were charged with misdemeanor possession of a controlled substance. They also had the charge adjourned in contemplation of dismissal; marijuana possession charges against them also were dropped.

Page apologized to his family and fans after his brief appearance in Fayetteville Village Court.

"I'm grateful ... for this opportunity to further prove myself as a productive and law-abiding member of society. I look forward to the next six months as a period of healing and growth," Page said, reading from a statement.

Page did not take any questions.

"It has meant a great deal for me to be shown the impact I have on others' lives ... I am deeply moved and thankful," Page said. "I also apologize to all those I have hurt and embarrassed during this episode. Respect, responsibility I have earned over the course of my life and my career thus far are important to me, and I am moving forward from this with gratitude and with hope."

Page had faced up to 51/2 years in state prison if he had been convicted of the original charge against him, a felony fourth-degree criminal possession count.

Defense attorney Mark Mahoney said prosecutors agreed to reduce the charges against Page because of his lack of a prior criminal record and because lab analyses showed that the drugs were "lower in quantity and lower in quality" than first suspected.

Page's arrest came after the band, known for its clean-cut image and cross-generational appeal, released a new album for children titled "Snacktime," a collection of two dozen original children's songs.

The band was formed nearly 20 years ago in Toronto, Ontario. It has released 12 albums, producing hits such as "If I Had $1,000,000," "Brian Wilson" and "Too Little, Too Late." The group is known for its whimsical lyrics and comedic banter on stage.
    "What we are dealing with here, is a complete lack of respect for the law" - Jackie Gleason, Smokey and the Bandit

www.geocaching.com - The site where you are the search engine.