VH II
    Favorite VH Song

Humans Being
    Last Online

12.11.17 @ 10:32 PM
    Liked 192 Times in 87 Posts

Donor

Computer Virus????

Alright folks, I've got a problem with my computer, the 900 CB. Otherwise known as the $900.00 Crap Box.

My computer is running really slow all of a sudden. No new programs, and the internet is REALLy slow. I've ran ad-aware + Norton scans and I'm continuing to get messages from Norton saying that it blocked an intrusion attempt by this website anvi-scanner.com. I get this same message about every 5-10 minutes when Im on-line.

Is a virus or something on my computer that is directing me to this site? Or, does this website have my IP and continues to attack?

I tried a Restore point (XP) and the computer says that it cannot restore because nothing has changed. I tried the restore numerous times, as far back as a month ago.

Any thoughts?

Thanks in advance.

Last Online

06.03.17 @ 06:59 PM
    Liked 327 Times in 204 Posts

I had problems with a very slow online performance, and I ran all sorts of scans and everything reported as being fine. I called my internet carrier (Comcast) and they told me to reset the modem (little button I needed a paper clip to get at) and everything's been fine since then.

Other than that, I have no idea what's wrong. But just thought I'd throw that out there.
    2-time Fantasy Baseball Champion.

Last Online

07.29.13 @ 10:00 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Try installing a free program called Spybot SD. It picks up all kinds of stuff my Norton desn't. It is very easy to use and pretty thorough. It also has a tab to check your registry and startup files. It will BOLD face anything that changes after yo install it in case some sneaky spyware or adware trys to latch on to existing files.

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Unchained
    Last Online

12.12.17 @ 02:41 PM
    Liked 199 Times in 105 Posts

Spybot does work great. I find it successful to have 2 or 3 different anti spyware/adware programs. There is always something the other doesn't pick up. Oh and when you get back up and running, get rid of internet explorer and get Mozilla Firefox. Then download the ad on's "ad block plus" and "no script"
    Trust me.

Last Online

12.08.17 @ 02:36 PM
    Liked 5 Times in 4 Posts

One thing to look for ON YOUR PC is a program called XP Antivirus 2008 or 2009 (DO NOT DOWNLOAD THIS IFYOU DONT SEE IT ON YOUR PC!!!), since you mentioned that norton finds the intrusion attempt. This a particurally nasty little piece of social engineering malware.

As for the PC running really slow all of a sudden, this might be because a process has the processor pegged. Open up task manager and look for any service that is using alot of the processor that doesnt make sense. If you only see the System Idle process high and nothing else, then something else may be slowing you down, but if some other process is using 50-99%, then try to kill it. If you dont know what it is, google it.

Also, download malwarebytes anti-malware. If you happen to have that XP antivirus 2008, this is the easiest way i have found to get rid of it. It wil delete all infected files, then after a restart, it will clean the ones that are loaded into memory.

As for the internet being slow, jimmy812 is right, whatever ISP you have, power cycling will get you a new IP and more importantly, refresh your dns entries, the DNS is mainly what will slow you down from getting to web pages in a timely fashion.

Favorite VH Album

VH II
    Favorite VH Song

Humans Being
    Last Online

Donor

Default Thanks

Thanks for the info.

I'm using IE, is FF a better program? And yes that is the site that hijacked me was the XP Antivirus 2008.

RIght after I made the post here, I got lots of blocks from Norton on all kinds of intrusion alerts. That damn XP program pops up a window and will NOT close. The only option is click on a button that says "download XP antivirus". I tried cont. Alt. Del. and it still would not close, only back to the window to download. I then just shut off the internet completely. I'm now using my old computer.

I'll try that program Snostorm.........again, appreciate the help guys

Last Online

07.05.17 @ 10:26 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Donor

FF blocks the worms that IE doesn't. Sounds like you have a spyware of some sort.

I had F-Secure for about 2 years. Never even had to re-install Windows since then.

Favorite VH Album

VH II
    Favorite VH Song

Humans Being
    Last Online

Donor

You guys ROCK

Thanks for the input. I strongly recommend that program that Snostorm mentioned. It seems to have cleaned up what I had, which Ad-aware and Norton did not catch.

http://www.malwarebytes.org/mbam.php

it's free with a link to download.

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Mean Street
    Last Online

12.11.17 @ 03:59 PM
    Liked 555 Times in 251 Posts

i had this thing the other day as well. or a variation of it. pesky thing it was.

I did the spybot software and also from Microsoft's website I downloaded-windows malicious software removal tool and windows defender. I think windows defender was the one that found it and I was able to stop it from loading on startups(it allows you to pick what programs start up or are running much easier than the task manager program)
    Eat Us and Smile!