Atomic Punk
    Favorite VH Album

the classic 6 pack
    Favorite VH Song

hmmm...everybody wants some
    Last Online

12.13.17 @ 08:37 PM
    Liked 967 Times in 387 Posts

Default american missles being set up in poland...

"you can't change JMJ, it's legendary"- Brett Norton 9/24/07

"It's the "JMJ" everyone had grown to love, man! Time to blow the roof off this place!"
    -Zachenfoot 2/23/10

"The links just look a little better with JMJ. Always has, always will." -Hurricane Halen 2/24/10

"I'm doin' the victory dance. Told ya I'd be back. Tell me ya missed me. Say it like ya mean it" - Blood and Fire. =VH= 2012. Welcome back boys :headband:

"I don't give a flying fuck about Motley Crue. I give about a half a fuck about Rush. I like Van Halen and don't give a flying fuck how many tickets they all sell. Any questions?"- jimmyw

Last Online

10.09.15 @ 09:03 PM
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

The fan is on. The shit is being loaded into the catapult.

"out of the seven threads he's started here, four have been closed for being cluelessly ponderous as well as outright insipid"
    -chefcraig on me

Favorite VH Album

Halen 1
    Favorite VH Song

I'm the one
    Last Online

11.30.17 @ 06:15 PM
    Liked 257 Times in 92 Posts

Donor

It's just a poker play.
    sheepa latta peepah dabba looka foh a moopy

Gunter glieben glauchen globen

Last Online

07.05.17 @ 10:26 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Donor

Like many western observers said, that only increases the risk, not the safety of the country. Yesterday, Estonia purchased mobile anti-air missle launchers for 65 millions... whole 26 of them! Instead of fixing their own clusterfucked economy they rather waste the money on shit that wouldn't even boggle Russian military that they feel they need to defend against.

But hey, if you're a small insignificant country, you need to make the news somehow!

Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Donor

"Those fears were codified to some degree in what Polish and American officials characterized as unusual aspects of the final deal: that at least temporarily American soldiers would staff air defense sites in Poland oriented toward Russia, and that the United States would be obliged to defend Poland in case of an attack with greater speed than required under NATO, of which Poland is a member."

I would laugh if in the next few months there are Russian ballistic missles in Venezuela, and we have a Cuban crisis all over again.

Good Enough
    Favorite VH Song

Drop Dead Legs
    Last Online

01.06.12 @ 02:10 PM
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

My physical therapists best bud is from Georgia. He lives in the US but his family still lives there, in Tbilisi. They are fine right now but have stated that the atmosphere feels like the late 1960's all over again. I think they actually said "I think Russia has forgotten that it's not 1968"

I've been watching this escalate and it disturbs me on several levels....the main one for me is that Russia feels it is "rising from the ashes" in some way. The US is pinched for soldiers because of our "middle east" obligations -

It's been said over and over - the US can't fight two wars effectively- we don't have enough people. I told my husband to dust off his BDU's.... he may be active duty reserves but I'm thinking Uncle Sam won't care if they aren't the new desert camo design.
    Model Citizen, Zero Discipline

"***"...now please take off my VanHalen t-shirt, before you jinx the band and they break up..." (The wedding singer)"

*Thanks SNIC for my AWESOME new avatar!*

Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Donor

Uncle Sam can relax. Or if there is any confrontation between the two countries, there really won't be a need for a uniform.

Last Online

03.03.15 @ 08:31 PM
    Liked 2 Times in 1 Post

Donor

This isn't anything new. The plan to provide BMD for Europe has been in the works for years. It's why we abrogated the BMD treaty years ago.

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning, F.U.C.K.
    Favorite VH Song

Humans Being
    Last Online

12.04.17 @ 07:19 AM
    Liked 7 Times in 6 Posts

Russia: Poland risks attack because of US missiles

By JIM HEINTZ, Associated Press Writer1 hour, 8 minutes ago

A top Russian general said Friday that Poland's agreement to accept a U.S. missile interceptor base exposes the ex-communist nation to attack, possibly by nuclear weapons, the Interfax news agency reported.

The statement by Gen. Anatoly Nogovitsyn is the strongest threat that Russia has issued against the plans to put missile defense elements in former Soviet satellite nations.

Poland and the United States on Thursday signed a deal for Poland to accept a missile interceptor base as part of a system the United States says is aimed at blocking attacks by rogue nations. Moscow, however, feels it is aimed at Russia's missile force.

"Poland, by deploying (the system) is exposing itself to a strike — 100 percent," Nogovitsyn, the deputy chief of staff, was quoted as saying.

He added, in clear reference to the agreement, that Russia's military doctrine sanctions the use of nuclear weapons "against the allies of countries having nuclear weapons if they in some way help them." Nogovitsyn that would include elements of strategic deterrence systems, he said, according to Interfax.

At a news conference earlier Friday, Nogovitsyn had reiterated Russia's frequently stated warning that placing missile-defense elements in Poland and the Czech Republic would bring an unspecified military response. But his subsequent reported statement substantially stepped up a war of words.

U.S. officials have said the timing of the deal was not meant to antagonize Russian leaders at a time when relations already are strained over the recent fighting between Russia and Georgia over the separatist Georgian region of South Ossetia.

Russian forces went deep into Georgia in the fighting, raising wide concerns that Russia could be seeking to occupy parts of its small, pro-U.S. neighbor, which has vigorously lobbied to join NATO, or even to force its government to collapse.

"I think the Russian behavior over the last several days is generally concerning not only to the United States but to all of our European allies," said Pentagon spokesman Bryan Whitman, when asked about Russian threats against Poland as a result of the missile defense agreement.

He also suggested that earlier U.S. offers for broad cooperation with Moscow on the missile defense program may be reevaluated considering the latest developments.

Under the agreement that Warsaw and Washington reached Thursday, Poland will accept an American missile interceptor base.

Washington says the planned system, which is not yet operational, is needed to protect the U.S. and Europe from possible attacks by missile-armed "rogue states" like Iran. The Kremlin, however, feels it is aimed at Russia's missile force and warns it will worsen tensions.

In an interview on Poland's news channel TVN24, Polish Prime Minister Donald Tusk said the United States agreed to help augment Poland's defenses with Patriot missiles in exchange for placing 10 missile defense interceptors in the Eastern European country.

He said the deal also includes a "mutual commitment" between the two nations to come to each other's assistance "in case of trouble."

That clause appeared to be a direct reference to Russia.

Poland has all along been guided by fears of a newly resurgent Russia, an anxiety that has intensified with Russia's offensive in Georgia. In past days, Polish leaders said that fighting justified Poland's demands that it get additional security guarantees from Washington in exchange for allowing the anti-missile base on its soil.

"Simply the existence of this installation increases Poland's security," Polish President Lech Kaczynski said Friday.

___

Associated Press writers Lolita C. Baldor in Washington and Vanessa Gera in Warsaw, Poland contributed to this report.

Atomic Punk
    Favorite VH Album

the classic 6 pack
    Favorite VH Song

hmmm...everybody wants some
    Last Online

12.13.17 @ 08:37 PM
    Liked 967 Times in 387 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by WinterlessIceness View Post
    "Those fears were codified to some degree in what Polish and American officials characterized as unusual aspects of the final deal: that at least temporarily American soldiers would staff air defense sites in Poland oriented toward Russia, and that the United States would be obliged to defend Poland in case of an attack with greater speed than required under NATO, of which Poland is a member."

I would laugh if in the next few months there are Russian ballistic missles in Venezuela, and we have a Cuban crisis all over again.
    u won't laugh cuz yer in the uk
    "you can't change JMJ, it's legendary"- Brett Norton 9/24/07

"It's the "JMJ" everyone had grown to love, man! Time to blow the roof off this place!"
    -Zachenfoot 2/23/10

"The links just look a little better with JMJ. Always has, always will." -Hurricane Halen 2/24/10

"I'm doin' the victory dance. Told ya I'd be back. Tell me ya missed me. Say it like ya mean it" - Blood and Fire. =VH= 2012. Welcome back boys :headband:

"I don't give a flying fuck about Motley Crue. I give about a half a fuck about Rush. I like Van Halen and don't give a flying fuck how many tickets they all sell. Any questions?"- jimmyw

Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Donor

Quote Originally Posted by Joey M View Post
    u won't laugh cuz yer in the uk
    I'm in Wales! Our biologically enhanced army of zombie-sheep is feared everywhere. Noone would *dare* to nuke Wales

Seriously though, I feel by far more safe here than if I was back in Lithuania.

Favorite VH Album

They're all shit
    Last Online

11.19.17 @ 09:41 AM
    Liked 34 Times in 20 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by WinterlessIceness View Post
    I'm in Wales! Our biologically enhanced army of zombie-sheep is feared everywhere. Noone would *dare* to nuke Wales

Winterlochnessy? When you say zombie sheep do you mean the baabaa variety or just all Welsh people?
    A man could lose himself in a country like this.

My blog at http://tollins.blogspot.de/

Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Donor

Quote Originally Posted by graeme View Post
    Winterlochnessy? When you say zombie sheep do you mean the baabaa variety or just all Welsh people?
    Shush, wise-ass . I meant those -

Atomic Punk
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

You\'re Kidding,right?
    Last Online

05.31.14 @ 08:17 PM
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Today we plan to put ABM systems in Poland, tomorrow we withdraw our plans as Russia makes a concession in our favor. Barganing chip.

Come on, don't you people remember Kissenger and Detente?

It's a dance between us and the Russians using third parties, beats the alternative.

As I've already said in another thread, Iraq has nothing to do with this. Even in the 1960s and the 1980s when we had a huge military we NEVER got in Russia's face and the one time they got in ours (Cuba, 1962) they backed down. They won't put tacticle nukes in Venezuala for the same reason we've never invaded Syria or North Korea, there are lines that neither country will cross that were drawn durring the cold war. So if the ABM system is actually installed in Poland I'd be suprised.
    "Nothing is ever what it seems but everything is exactly what it is." - B. Banzai

My Blog:

http://axxman300tool.blogspot.com/

http://www.myspace.com/axxman300

Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Donor

Actually Russian MID already said that if ABMs are installed in Poland, Russia will build missle siloses and move their stratigic bombers to Belorussia (which borders with NATO).

Of course it's a dance, that's why I said I would laugh . Seriously they should do it in an old-fashion way like ancient Greeks - best warrior vs best warrior. Bush vs Putin. And Putin has an 8th level black belt, so