Good Enough Dont disturb my Paradise's Avatar
    Favorite VH Album

5150. F.U.C.K
    Favorite VH Song

5150. Summer nights.
    Last Online

11.23.17 @ 09:42 PM
    Liked 203 Times in 118 Posts

Default Why no "I cant drive 55" on "Right here, Right now"?

Have we had a real reason why "I cant drive 55" was not on "Live Right here, right now". Straight after "You Really got me" we hear Sammy intro "55", then it fades out....That sucks, cause VH done a fine job on that while Sammy was there. Another thing is why is "Theres only one way to rock" changed to "One way to rock" as the song title?
    But the whole "55" thing bothers me, it should've been on there. It was a staple song in VH's setlist from 86 to 95.
    What is understood need not be discussed

"Dont disturb my paradise. I've asked you once. I've asked you nice" - "SERIOUS JU JU"

"I am in a blissful state. Dont bug me!!!" - Richard Dreyfuss "The Goodbye girl" 1977

Atomic Punk
    Favorite VH Album

Van Halen II/OU812
    Favorite VH Song

Good Enough/Little Guitars
    Last Online

06.25.15 @ 09:06 AM
    Liked 42 Times in 11 Posts

Who cares? The album is a piece of shit anyway Listen to a bootleg, it's better.

In honesty, if the Sam book excerpts are in fact true, then there was enough controversy over "One Way to Rock" being included as it was, I don't think Sam was gonna try and push the "I Can't Drive 55" issue.

As for it being a staple song, not to be nitpicky, but I do not recall seeing it in setlists for 1993 and 1995. If it was on those tours, chances are it was played very seldomly. But 1986-1992, oh yeah, which just so happened to be the period when RHRN was recorded from.

Well, so we're told
    "I respect that youre passionate about this but what your saying is complete idiocy..." - MF5150 on McDonald's "preying" on young kids.

"He was born a human, he's a horse's ass by proxy." - It's Mike on Eddymon.

Favorite VH Album

VH II
    Favorite VH Song

Unchained, DOA
    Last Online

06.14.17 @ 06:46 PM
    Liked 23 Times in 9 Posts

Donor

They had to make room for the 40 minute version of PleasureDome.

Eruption
    Last Online

09.06.12 @ 05:34 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

"Give to Live" is on there and it's one of Sammy's less well known songs compared to "I can't drive". But was that the case then? I don't know.

Favorite VH Album

Alex, Dave, Ed and Mike
    Favorite VH Song

The songs with Ed on them
    Last Online

12.13.17 @ 09:31 PM
    Liked 18,132 Times in 8,956 Posts

One Way To Rock and Give to Live are great tunes.

55 is eh. I would rather listen to almost any song out of their catalog over 55 and I think a lot of fans feel the way I do.

I didn't really like Give to Live being in the set as well. Great tune, but it always seemed to mess up the flow of the show.
    Taylor Swift is nice to look at. Adele can sing.

Emperor Brett - "I can't believe you guys are analyzing song-by-song Van Halen III? What next, analyzing the script of Stroker Ace looking for some shred of Citizen Kane?"

David Lee Roth did the impossible. He made Van Halen better. Deal with it!

Preferred pronouns: he/him/his

Hurricane Halen - Let's all gingery touch our sword tips!!!

DONATE TO THE LINKS YA CHEAP BASTARDS!!!!

Favorite VH Album

all of them
    Favorite VH Song

If its Eddie, its Van Halen
    Last Online

12.13.17 @ 04:13 PM
    Liked 527 Times in 242 Posts

RHRH is a sucky live album and the video sucks as well and was poorly produced and way too choppy and it didn't have that "genuine" concert experience to it.

I wish they had released a live cd to go along with LWAN instead. I did make a cassette from my VCR that I still have to this day. My biggest complaint about LWAN is that they didn't include Good Enough.

But RHRN to me doesn't sound at like a "real" live album. Its a known fact that Won't Get Fooled Again was never done live. Its a studio version with crowd noise added in, whose to say that the rest isn't either?
    'Old Van Halen, when I was in it-classic Van Halen-makes you wanna drink, dance and screw, right? And the new Van Halen encourages you to drink milk, drive a Nissan and have a relationship.' - David Lee Roth.

Atomic Punk
    Favorite VH Album

Van Halen II/OU812
    Favorite VH Song

Last Online

Quote Originally Posted by Eddymon View Post
    Its a known fact that Won't Get Fooled Again was never done live. Its a studio version with crowd noise added in, whose to say that the rest isn't either?
    You're about half-right there. WGFA wasn't performed live when the whole thing was recorded, which really proves that it was done in the studio. ATBL and Love Walks In were also never played on the FUCK Tour, but sure as hell had the FUCK sound to it.

The whole thing blows. End of story.
    "I respect that youre passionate about this but what your saying is complete idiocy..." - MF5150 on McDonald's "preying" on young kids.

Last Online

12.14.17 @ 01:48 AM
    Liked 1,607 Times in 989 Posts

Donor

Quote Originally Posted by Menlow View Post
    They had to make room for the 40 minute version of PleasureDome.

Last Online

03.07.10 @ 06:18 AM
    Liked 10 Times in 9 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Dave's Dreidel View Post
    I didn't really like Give to Live being in the set as well. Great tune, but it always seemed to mess up the flow of the show.
    That was an odd choice. It was a single from that record Ed played bass on. For the life of me, I can't figure out why they didn't do a full band arrangement. That chorus with the "If you want____" simply cries out for Mike Anthony's vocals, and even Ed could have shouted it out.

What can I tell ya? They missed a great opportunity with this as well as "Eagles Fly", which is pretty screechy in it's usual acoustic version, yet sounds inspired when the rest of the band kicks in on that Toronto show.
    "The reasonable man adapts himself to the world; the unreasonable one persists in trying to adapt the world to himself. Therefore, all progress depends on the unreasonable man."
    George Bernard Shaw

Atomic Punk
    Favorite VH Album

Van Halen II/OU812
    Favorite VH Song

Last Online

Quote Originally Posted by chefcraig View Post
    What can I tell ya? They missed a great opportunity with this as well as "Eagles Fly", which is pretty screechy in it's usual acoustic version, yet sounds inspired when the rest of the band kicks in on that Toronto show.
    When they would do the full-band version of Eagles Fly on the RHRN Tour, it sounded amazing. I don't know why they retired it, since really, they all seemed involved in it.

Toronto was good, the RHRN versions were better...

Eruption
    Last Online

07.13.12 @ 05:20 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Dont disturb my Paradise View Post
    Have we had a real reason why "I cant drive 55" was not on "Live Right here, right now". Straight after "You Really got me" we hear Sammy intro "55", then it fades out....That sucks, cause VH done a fine job on that while Sammy was there. Another thing is why is "Theres only one way to rock" changed to "One way to rock" as the song title?
    But the whole "55" thing bothers me, it should've been on there. It was a staple song in VH's setlist from 86 to 95.
    Probably because only Sammy would get paid publishing for that track. The brother can't be having any of that

Hang 'Em High
    Favorite VH Album

You name it
    Favorite VH Song

See above
    Last Online

12.10.17 @ 08:06 AM
    Liked 226 Times in 162 Posts

Worst DVD and live album ever, well not quite, but it's up there (or down there?). I suspect the brothers were involved in the exclusion of that tune, but who knows, maybe it was as shitty as the rest of the tracks recorded for that album and they drew straws to decide what not to include?

Hang 'Em High
    Favorite VH Album

You name it
    Favorite VH Song

See above
    Last Online

12.10.17 @ 08:06 AM
    Liked 226 Times in 162 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by vhrocks2005 View Post
    You're about half-right there. WGFA wasn't performed live when the whole thing was recorded, which really proves that it was done in the studio. ATBL and Love Walks In were also never played on the FUCK Tour, but sure as hell had the FUCK sound to it.

The whole thing blows. End of story.
    Same thing as Kiss: Alive. A studio live album, so basically a cheap piece of shit. I've always believed that the small label live albums are far more legit, stuff like Cinderella's Live From The Key Club, Cheap Trick's Music for Hangovers, and Alice Cooper's A Fistful of Alice are true sounding live albums. RHRN is just a piece of crap in place of what should have been another studio album or a legit live album.

Atomic Punk
    Favorite VH Album

Van Halen II/OU812
    Favorite VH Song

Last Online

Quote Originally Posted by Ain't Talkin' Bout' Love View Post
    ...Cheap Trick's Music for Hangovers, and Alice Cooper's A Fistful of Alice are true sounding live albums...
    Fuck yeah man! I've been crankin' those two out like crazy lately

Future's in the past....
    Favorite VH Album

WACF, FW, DD
    Favorite VH Song

At the moment, Little Guitars
    Last Online

11.03.17 @ 01:35 PM
    Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Ain't Talkin' Bout' Love View Post
    Same thing as Kiss: Alive. A studio live album, so basically a cheap piece of shit. I've always believed that the small label live albums are far more legit, stuff like Cinderella's Live From The Key Club, Cheap Trick's Music for Hangovers, and Alice Cooper's A Fistful of Alice are true sounding live albums. RHRN is just a piece of crap in place of what should have been another studio album or a legit live album.
    Honestly, there are a ton of live albums I despise. I think of all the ones I have owned or listened to, Bob Seger's "Live Bullet" has to be one of the better ones out there. One can virtually feel the onstage electricity off that album.

On the other hand, I love a lot of the bootlegs I have as they seem to capture the overall 'feel' of a show better.
    Last edited by VanHalenRules; 08.25.08 at 08:41 AM.
    11/05/78 Hollywood Sportatorium
    12/10/82 Hollywood Sportatorium
    01/20/84 Hollywood Sportatorium
    01/21/84 Hollywood Sportatorium
    02/16/08 Jacksonville Veterans Memorial Arena

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I've got dreams in hidden places and extra smiles for when I'm blue.