Favorite VH Album

CVH minus DD, FUCK, Balance
    Favorite VH Song

Humans Being, 5150
    Last Online

11.18.14 @ 07:57 PM
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Default More Shit in the Beef

Another massive beef recall, this time from Whole Foods! Remember that e. coli comes from the intestinal tract of animals. Once again, I'm reminded of this telling statement by U.S.D.A. meat inspector David Carney:

"We used to trim the shit off the meat. Then we washed the shit off the meat. Now the consumer eats the shit off the meat."

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/26107537/

Beef that may be tainted with E coli is discovered at Whole Foods stores. Two people who shopped at Whole Foods markets got sick from the meat.

OMAHA, Neb. - Nebraska Beef Ltd. is recalling 1.2 million pounds of beef because the products may be contaminated with E. coli bacteria. The recall comes a month after the Omaha-based company recalled 5.3 million pounds of meat that has been linked to at least 49 cases of E. coli. Neither the company's spokesman nor Department of Agriculture officials immediately responded to calls about the recall after a news release was issued late Friday night. Federal officials said at least 31 cases of E. coli poisoning in 12 states and Canada had been linked to the meat Nebraska Beef is now recalling, but officials did not name the states. Some of Nebraska Beef's products were sold by Whole Foods Market, which also announced a recall Friday. Whole Foods is recalling fresh ground beef sold between June 2 through Aug. 6 because of worries about E. coli contamination. A Whole Foods spokeswoman said it had received reports that seven people in Massachusetts and two people in Pennsylvania who shopped at Whole Foods Market became ill. As in the earlier recall, all the beef being recalled now was sold to companies that planned to further process the meat. So product labels likely will not include the "EST 19336" code that identified Nebraska Beef. Several lawsuits have already been filed against Nebraska Beef as a result of the earlier E. coli outbreak and recall. The company slaughters about 2,000 head of cattle a day and employs about 800 people in Omaha. Symptoms of E. coli infection include stomach cramps and diarrhea. Cooking ground beef to an internal temperature of at least 160 degrees should kill E. coli bacteria, if they are present.
    (Copyright 2008 by The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved.)
    "Suck a fat one, faggot."
    -MikeL, showing off that sharp wit of his.

"You may recognize some of these chemicals. Let's start with cyanide...The one the Aum Shinrikyo cult attempted to use to commit mass murder in a Tokyo subway in May 1995...The same cyanide produced routinely--1.4 million tons per year--for use in the production of plastics, adhesives, cosmetics, pharmaceuticals, and so on. It seems that those who put small amounts of cyanide in subways are terrorists. But those who produce it in mass quantities and contaminate broad reaches of soil, water, and air, killing countless living beings, are not terrorists, but rather capitalists, and are counted among the finest and most powerful people on the planet."

-Derrick Jensen, "What We Leave Behind"

"You know what's weird to me is Christians who are against the death penalty. After all, if it weren't for the death penalty, we wouldn't celebrate Easter!"

-the late, great, Bill Hicks

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Hear About It Later
    Last Online

11.27.15 @ 03:34 PM
    Liked 65 Times in 42 Posts

Donor

. . . . .
    "The eagle lands at midnight: bacon burger ice cube over" ~ jetguy5150

Last Online

12.03.17 @ 09:00 PM
    Liked 537 Times in 291 Posts

Premium Member

Quote Originally Posted by janthraxx View Post
    Another massive beef recall, this time from Whole Foods! Remember that e. coli comes from the intestinal tract of animals. Once again, I'm reminded of this telling statement by U.S.D.A. meat inspector David Carney:

"We used to trim the shit off the meat. Then we washed the shit off the meat. Now the consumer eats the shit off the meat."

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/26107537/

Beef that may be tainted with E coli is discovered at Whole Foods stores. Two people who shopped at Whole Foods markets got sick from the meat.

OMAHA, Neb. - Nebraska Beef Ltd. is recalling 1.2 million pounds of beef because the products may be contaminated with E. coli bacteria. The recall comes a month after the Omaha-based company recalled 5.3 million pounds of meat that has been linked to at least 49 cases of E. coli. Neither the company's spokesman nor Department of Agriculture officials immediately responded to calls about the recall after a news release was issued late Friday night. Federal officials said at least 31 cases of E. coli poisoning in 12 states and Canada had been linked to the meat Nebraska Beef is now recalling, but officials did not name the states. Some of Nebraska Beef's products were sold by Whole Foods Market, which also announced a recall Friday. Whole Foods is recalling fresh ground beef sold between June 2 through Aug. 6 because of worries about E. coli contamination. A Whole Foods spokeswoman said it had received reports that seven people in Massachusetts and two people in Pennsylvania who shopped at Whole Foods Market became ill. As in the earlier recall, all the beef being recalled now was sold to companies that planned to further process the meat. So product labels likely will not include the "EST 19336" code that identified Nebraska Beef. Several lawsuits have already been filed against Nebraska Beef as a result of the earlier E. coli outbreak and recall. The company slaughters about 2,000 head of cattle a day and employs about 800 people in Omaha. Symptoms of E. coli infection include stomach cramps and diarrhea. Cooking ground beef to an internal temperature of at least 160 degrees should kill E. coli bacteria, if they are present.
    (Copyright 2008 by The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved.)
    This is odd. Once one hits the 140 mark and even the 160 mark, things should be ok. Out.
    Quin-a-se-i-co

You're a dick for putting ian on "ignore" DIF

"You stupid fuck!" Seen

"Well if you saw it, stats and scientific studies be damned!" Lovemachine 97 v. 2.

Favorite VH Album

F.U.C.K.
    Favorite VH Song

judgement day/ me wise magic
    Last Online

06.12.16 @ 07:51 PM
    Liked 15 Times in 11 Posts

Donor

you know what though, janthraxx? beef still tastes pretty fucking good. better than that soy shit SOME ppl are so into eating.

sisca<----if meat is murder, then murder tastes pretty goddamn good!
    """"\//-/""""

The Marines I have seen around the world have the cleanest bodies, the filthiest minds, the highest morale, and the lowest morals of any group of animals I have ever seen. Thank God for the United States Marine Corps!

www.myspace.com/mikesisca

"If ladies want Valentines Day so bad either make Superbowl Sunday an actual holiday or give guys Steak and Blowjob Day and we'll call it even." T.RYAN, sharing thoughts on valentine's day.

" SHUT UP, FAGGOT." - Vinnie Velvet, showing off that sharp wit of his.

DIRTY SANCHEZ- It's not just for breakfast anymore!

Originally posted by FORD
    History tells us that oppressive nations build walls to keep people IN, not out.
    (See "Berlin Wall" and "Likud Israel" for examples) FORD- when i told him i'd build a wall between the US and Mexico.

then ill build it from the mexican side. -my reply.

Last Online

07.24.15 @ 10:25 PM
    Liked 10 Times in 3 Posts

Donor

With it being over fifteen years since the e-coli outbreak at Jack In The Box, I find it amazing that people still aren't cooking ground beef to the proper temperature. It's not rocket surgery people.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Favorite VH Album

Favorite VH Song

Humans Being, 5150
    Last Online

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by sisca View Post
    you know what though, janthraxx? beef still tastes pretty fucking good. better than that soy shit SOME ppl are so into eating.
    Fair enough, but it tastes damn good to me now. Taste buds evolve to appreciate different things. And even if soy did taste shitty, I'd still rather eat it than something that actually has shit in it!

"You may recognize some of these chemicals. Let's start with cyanide...The one the Aum Shinrikyo cult attempted to use to commit mass murder in a Tokyo subway in May 1995...The same cyanide produced routinely--1.4 million tons per year--for use in the production of plastics, adhesives, cosmetics, pharmaceuticals, and so on. It seems that those who put small amounts of cyanide in subways are terrorists. But those who produce it in mass quantities and contaminate broad reaches of soil, water, and air, killing countless living beings, are not terrorists, but rather capitalists, and are counted among the finest and most powerful people on the planet."

"You know what's weird to me is Christians who are against the death penalty. After all, if it weren't for the death penalty, we wouldn't celebrate Easter!"

Favorite VH Album

Favorite VH Song

Humans Being, 5150
    Last Online

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by onefootoutthedoor View Post
    With it being over fifteen years since the e-coli outbreak at Jack In The Box, I find it amazing that people still aren't cooking ground beef to the proper temperature. It's not rocket surgery people.
    Seriously! Though I don't know what rocket surgery is...rocket science? Where's ktgiles' husband when you need him?

I guess you get what you pay for in places like that. When I was a kid me and my brother always got the 3 for a dollar thing at Jack shit in the Box: hamburger, taco, and fries for $0.99. Astonishing we didn't get e. coli! Mad cow maybe...

Atomic Punk
    Last Online

12.07.17 @ 12:54 PM
    Liked 1,229 Times in 448 Posts

I got E Coli once from eating my wife... Bitch wiped the wrong way...
    "Watch what people are cynical about, and one can often discover what they lack. -- Gen. George S. Patton

Favorite VH Album

VH I
    Favorite VH Song

Mean Street
    Last Online

11.25.17 @ 10:26 AM
    Liked 12 Times in 3 Posts

Donor

Quote Originally Posted by voivod View Post
    I know the feeling. Every time I try to go there, my wife gives me shit. Go figure. Whole situation stinks, if you ask me. Maybe I'm doing it wrong.
    Nothing to see here.

Favorite VH Album

Favorite VH Song

Humans Being, 5150
    Last Online

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by voivod View Post
    lovely

Eruption
    Last Online

01.10.13 @ 08:45 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

I know but medium-well is really a lot tastier, I have just recently discovered this.

Last Online

Donor

Quote Originally Posted by BeautifulGirl5150 View Post
    I know but medium-well is really a lot tastier, I have just recently discovered this.

Not at all. Health concerns aside, medium rare (or rarer) is the way to go.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Banned!
    Favorite VH Album

Anything Ed plays on
    Favorite VH Song

See above
    Last Online

08.19.10 @ 08:10 AM
    Liked 8 Times in 8 Posts

Not at all. Health concerns aside, medium rare (or rarer) is the way to go.
    Agreed! Nothin better than a medium rare steak. If it's cooked too long it loses flavor imo.

Last Online

Donor

Exactly. Whoever thought that burning the crap out of a piece of meat was a good idea needs their head examined, (IMO of course )
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Banned!
    Favorite VH Album

Anything Ed plays on
    Favorite VH Song

See above
    Last Online

08.19.10 @ 08:10 AM
    Liked 8 Times in 8 Posts

Exactly. Whoever thought that burning the crap out of a piece of meat was a good idea needs their head examined, (IMO of course )

I agree again! Hey, do you eat ketchup on steak? It's the best IMO, I hate steak sauce. YUCK!