Follow us on...
Follow us on Twitter Follow us on Facebook Watch us on YouTube
Register
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 18
  1. #1
    Sinner's Swing! ED-A-HOLIC's Avatar
    Join Date
    12.11.01
    Age
    43
    Posts
    2,936
    Favorite VH Album

    The one with Ed on guitar.
    Favorite VH Song

    The one with Ed's amazing solo
    Last Online

    12.05.17 @ 03:49 PM
    Likes
    378
    Liked 186 Times in 92 Posts

    Default MTV LOST WEEKEND 1984

    check it out



    lucky guy
    "I could call it anything, but the only word I can think of is Brown. It's just a warm sound. Warm, big, majestic" - Eddie Van Halen on his Tone

    "Van Halen is definitely a ladies band, and I´ve got the Polaroids to prove it". - David Lee Roth

    WOLFGANG did the IMPOSSIBLE, he brought back VAN HALEN, DEAL WITH IT.

  2. #2
    Future's in the past....
    Join Date
    03.03.08
    Age
    51
    Location
    Somewhere between here and there
    Posts
    13,090
    Favorite VH Album

    WACF, FW, DD
    Favorite VH Song

    At the moment, Little Guitars
    Last Online

    11.03.17 @ 01:35 PM
    Likes
    0
    Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts

    Default

    Had forgotten all about the Lost Weekend with Van Halen deal. Awesome!
    11/05/78 Hollywood Sportatorium
    12/10/82 Hollywood Sportatorium
    01/20/84 Hollywood Sportatorium
    01/21/84 Hollywood Sportatorium
    02/16/08 Jacksonville Veterans Memorial Arena

    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

    I've got dreams in hidden places and extra smiles for when I'm blue.

  3. #3
    Eruption lmr5150's Avatar
    Join Date
    07.13.02
    Location
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Posts
    1,268
    Favorite VH Album

    Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

    Right Now
    Last Online

    08.06.17 @ 05:19 PM
    Likes
    8
    Liked 55 Times in 36 Posts

    Default

    The dude's gonna be 45 this year - time flies.
    I don't have a cool signature. Deal with it!

  4. #4
    Banned! The Dude's Avatar
    Join Date
    06.22.08
    Location
    The Bowling Alley
    Posts
    263
    Favorite VH Album

    Van Halen? What site is this?
    Favorite VH Song

    Rare demo: They peed on my Rug
    Last Online

    11.09.08 @ 08:18 AM
    Likes
    0
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Default

    I was at that concert. My first VH concert. Good stuff.

  5. #5
    Atomic Punk Raldo's Avatar
    Join Date
    01.11.00
    Location
    Cromwell, CT USA
    Posts
    17,182
    Favorite VH Song

    Ain't Talkin' 'Bout Love
    Last Online

    12.12.17 @ 10:15 AM
    Likes
    1,826
    Liked 1,472 Times in 899 Posts

    That was one lucky son of a bitch!!!
    Remember the Heroes - 9/11/01

    In 2012, the phoenix has risen!!

    "High speed, low drag."

    "Look at all the people here tonight!!!" - 10/5/07, 5/20/08 Mohegan Sun

    Congratulations to Van Halen as part of the Class of 2007 Rock and Roll Hall of Fame!

    Cinco de Cabo @ Foxwoods: "A giant party with live music" - S. Hagar

    got tequila?

    http://keepitaliveforever.com

  6. #6
    Eruption
    Join Date
    11.26.07
    Posts
    947
    Last Online

    01.25.17 @ 04:18 AM
    Likes
    9
    Liked 7 Times in 2 Posts

    Default

    Great stuff, thanks for posting. How insane would it be to be on stage with VH ?

    I wonder where that guy is , whether he remained a fan all these years, etc, etc. Anyone know ?
    11-13-2007 MSG NY, NY
    12-28-2007 MGM Grand Las Vegas, Nevada
    12-30-2007 MGM Grand Las Vegas, Nevada
    5-13-2008 IZOD Arena East Rutherford , NJ
    5-23-2008 MSG NY, NY
    5-28-2008 Verizon Manchester, NH
    2-28-2012 MSG NY, NY
    3-01-2012 MSG NY, NY

  7. #7
    Eruption
    Join Date
    10.15.05
    Age
    46
    Location
    Rochester Hills, MI
    Posts
    1,144
    Favorite VH Album

    Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

    Runnin' With the Devil
    Last Online

    12.12.17 @ 08:55 AM
    Likes
    140
    Liked 34 Times in 14 Posts

    Default

    I remember The Inside did a huge article on this guy about 12 years ago and he wrote about all these things crazy things that happened that weekend. Groupies, dirty magazines everywhere, booze, partying. Then the next issue of the Inside they posted a retraction basically saying "Kurt never said or did any of this".

    I sent my postcards in. I think they got over a million. Those MTV contests were the shit back then. Giving away towns, radio stations...

  8. #8
    Ed's Future Ex-Wife
    Join Date
    02.29.08
    Age
    46
    Location
    Richmond, VA
    Posts
    277
    Favorite VH Album

    Women and Children First
    Favorite VH Song

    Little Guitars
    Last Online

    12.06.08 @ 07:18 PM
    Likes
    0
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Default

    Good times... I remember when they advertised the shit outta that on MTV. Lucky bastard.
    Stay strong, Edward!

  9. #9
    Eruption cav's Avatar
    Join Date
    08.02.04
    Posts
    786
    Favorite VH Album

    vh 2
    Last Online

    01.21.17 @ 04:23 AM
    Likes
    10
    Liked 35 Times in 13 Posts

    Default very cool

    thanks for sharing... been awhile since i've seen that.
    I would love to hear the out takes that didn't make 1984...
    That version of VH in 84 was @ it's all time prime as we all know...
    Firing on all cylinders and then some... love the memories

  10. #10
    Eruption
    Join Date
    03.04.08
    Age
    51
    Location
    Philly
    Posts
    1,058
    Last Online

    07.04.12 @ 08:16 AM
    Likes
    0
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Default

    Dont get me started.
    I sent in 35 postcards to win that shit. All I could affored after my bag. Kirt Jefferys sent in 7 and won.
    Turns out the guy lives in my town. Yeah. Phoenixville, Pennsylvania.
    The guy wasn't liked by many. He fell down some stairs at a collage party and was comatose into an asshole. Had to take a friend and he didn't know who to take cause knowone liked em. All the people told em to take me cause they all knew I was the biggest VH fan in town. The guy refused just in spite.
    Then had the balls to show me pictures with him and Ed and with the Frankenstrat and the 5150 around em. And just laughed at me.
    I was pissed and still am when I think about it.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "Talent is God Given, But Success is Hard Work"

    www.ronscustomguitars.com

  11. #11
    Eruption
    Join Date
    10.15.05
    Age
    46
    Location
    Rochester Hills, MI
    Posts
    1,144
    Favorite VH Album

    Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

    Runnin' With the Devil
    Last Online

    12.12.17 @ 08:55 AM
    Likes
    140
    Liked 34 Times in 14 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ron4406 View Post
    Dont get me started.
    I sent in 35 postcards to win that shit. All I could affored after my bag. Kirt Jefferys sent in 7 and won.
    Turns out the guy lives in my town. Yeah. Phoenixville, Pennsylvania.
    The guy wasn't liked by many. He fell down some stairs at a collage party and was comatose into an asshole. Had to take a friend and he didn't know who to take cause knowone liked em. All the people told em to take me cause they all knew I was the biggest VH fan in town. The guy refused just in spite.
    Then had the balls to show me pictures with him and Ed and with the Frankenstrat and the 5150 around em. And just laughed at me.
    I was pissed and still am when I think about it.
    Just watching it, you can tell he's a weird guy.. I'd still like to get to the bottom of that INSIDE story/retraction.

  12. #12
    Eruption
    Join Date
    02.13.02
    Age
    48
    Location
    Phoenix
    Posts
    1,489
    Favorite VH Album

    All 7 with Dave
    Favorite VH Song

    The one I'm listening to.
    Last Online

    12.12.17 @ 10:00 AM
    Likes
    602
    Liked 1,956 Times in 443 Posts


    Donor

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Bugs Meanie View Post
    ... I'd still like to get to the bottom of that INSIDE story/retraction.
    We compiled most of the details of that article from our interview with Kurt Jefferis himself, but we also used a couple other newspaper and magazine articles, one of which mentioned Kurt waking up the next morning covered in vomit (his own or otherwise) and that there were dirty magazines scattered around his hotel. We added those little details to our story without thinking much about it.

    After it was published, Kurt was very happy with 95% of the article, but he asked us to print a retraction about the vomit & the porno mags. Honestly, we thought that him wanting us to print a written retraction saying "there were no porno mags or vomit" was a little strange, but of course we honored it.

    We admitted that we should have never printed something - even small details - without confirming it. So from that point forward we were much more careful about the material that made the final cut in the magazine. I was really proud of that article, which was an (almost completely) accurate account of one the biggest Fan Contests in the history of Rock.

  13. #13
    Eruption
    Join Date
    10.15.05
    Age
    46
    Location
    Rochester Hills, MI
    Posts
    1,144
    Favorite VH Album

    Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

    Runnin' With the Devil
    Last Online

    12.12.17 @ 08:55 AM
    Likes
    140
    Liked 34 Times in 14 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jeff Hausman View Post
    We compiled most of the details of that article from our interview with Kurt Jefferis himself, but we also used a couple other newspaper and magazine articles, one of which mentioned Kurt waking up the next morning covered in vomit (his own or otherwise) and that there were dirty magazines scattered around his hotel. We added those little details to our story without thinking much about it.

    After it was published, Kurt was very happy with 95% of the article, but he asked us to print a retraction about the vomit & the porno mags. Honestly, we thought that him wanting us to print a written retraction saying "there were no porno mags or vomit" was a little strange, but of course we honored it.

    We admitted that we should have never printed something - even small details - without confirming it. So from that point forward we were much more careful about the material that made the final cut in the magazine. I was really proud of that article, which was an (almost completely) accurate account of one the biggest Fan Contests in the history of Rock.
    You should be proud of it. I've remembered it for over a decade and loved the way it took me through the weekend in first person. Very well-written.
    After I read the stuff in the next issue about the retraction it made Jefferis sound pretty strange (he really complained that there were Hustler magazines in the article?!?). It seems that in the youtube video, what Ron4406 wrote and what was written in The INSIDE that we can gather he's a unique individual.

    Thanks for shedding light.. I actually met you at Pine Knob outside of Detroit at a VH show right when the INSIDE came out. You we're shocked I knew about the magazine. Take care.

  14. #14
    Eruption Stiil_A_Fan's Avatar
    Join Date
    02.01.07
    Age
    49
    Location
    The Ville Louisville Ky
    Posts
    801
    Favorite VH Album

    Diver Down
    Favorite VH Song

    The ones about Dancing
    Last Online

    11.26.14 @ 12:50 AM
    Likes
    0
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Default

    Nice video; that was back when MTV was still cool. I was not at that show, but my wife and her brother went, Cobo Hall was where it took place. I just showed the video to her she liked it. I had never seen it before, but I always remember them talking about the guy getting the cake smashed it his face.

    Thanks for posting it.

  15. #15
    Top Of The World
    Join Date
    10.22.07
    Posts
    214
    Last Online

    12.14.09 @ 03:10 PM
    Likes
    0
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ron4406 View Post
    Dont get me started.
    I sent in 35 postcards to win that shit. All I could affored after my bag. Kirt Jefferys sent in 7 and won.
    Turns out the guy lives in my town. Yeah. Phoenixville, Pennsylvania.
    The guy wasn't liked by many. He fell down some stairs at a collage party and was comatose into an asshole. Had to take a friend and he didn't know who to take cause knowone liked em. All the people told em to take me cause they all knew I was the biggest VH fan in town. The guy refused just in spite.
    Then had the balls to show me pictures with him and Ed and with the Frankenstrat and the 5150 around em. And just laughed at me.
    I was pissed and still am when I think about it.
    What a dick! You should have shoved his head through a car window!

 

 

Similar Threads

  1. MTVS LOST WEEKEND W/VH
    By TonyButrico in forum Main VH Discussion
    Replies: 32
    Last Post: 01.16.07, 05:36 AM
  2. MTV Lost Weekend Special
    By chippertheripper in forum Bootleg Network
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 11.07.02, 12:06 PM
  3. download the "Lost Weekend" commercial
    By Spock in forum Main VH Discussion
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: 11.03.00, 02:41 PM

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •