Favorite VH Album

WACF, FW, DD
    Favorite VH Song

At the moment, Little Guitars
    Last Online

11.03.17 @ 01:35 PM
    Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts

Default Search for Caylee Anthony Becomes a Maze of Unanswered Questions

Don't know if any of you have been following the bizzare story of the 2 year old that went missing, yet the mother waited a month before reporting it to the police. Police have been at the grandparents house yesterday and today and have collected more items while CSI has been there both days as well. Got a bad feeling about this one.

The case of missing 2-year-old Caylee Anthony leaves many to wonder if the truth will ever be told and if Caylee will be returned safely to her family.
    From the beginning one bizarre character after another has entered the scene, each appearing to be working for their own agenda, including a mother described by friends as a habitual liar, a grandmother who tells the media what questions to ask, judges who make questionable statements and investigators who seem to miss opportunities to solve the case.

For the timeline, look to http://crime.about.com/od/current/a/caylee_timeline.htm
    11/05/78 Hollywood Sportatorium
    12/10/82 Hollywood Sportatorium
    01/20/84 Hollywood Sportatorium
    01/21/84 Hollywood Sportatorium
    02/16/08 Jacksonville Veterans Memorial Arena

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I've got dreams in hidden places and extra smiles for when I'm blue.

Favorite VH Album

Women & Children First
    Favorite VH Song

Fools/All things Halenized
    Last Online

08.04.17 @ 11:33 PM
    Liked 29 Times in 14 Posts

Donor

I was reading about this in People mag. The mother's a psycho liar who didn't deserve to have such a precious little girl.
    RIP - Classic Van Halen

"A lot of people take Van Halen more seriously than we do." The Diamond One

Future's in the past....
    Favorite VH Album

WACF, FW, DD
    Favorite VH Song

Last Online

Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts

Somehow, I don't think the trail ends at the mother. I think the grandparents are involved somehow as well. Not sure they did anything to the child, but have a feeling they may be helping to cover something up.

Local (out of Orlando) stations are over this like white on rice, so every little non-event is reported on. I'm sure Billy007 is about as sick of this crap as I am.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Favorite VH Album

Women & Children First
    Favorite VH Song

Fools/All things Halenized
    Last Online

08.04.17 @ 11:33 PM
    Liked 29 Times in 14 Posts

Donor

Yeah I think the grama knows more than she's telling. No wonder the "mom" is all messed up. Grama's been changing her story as well.
    RIP - Classic Van Halen

"A lot of people take Van Halen more seriously than we do." The Diamond One

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

So this is love?
    Last Online

01.01.13 @ 04:06 PM
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

These things NEVER turn out to be happy endings... I have a bad feeling about this one...

Along those lines, anybody realize that Jon Benet Ramsey would have been EIGHTEEN yesterday???? I can't believe it's been that long... Poor little thing....
    "It doesn't mean that much to me to mean that much to you..." -Neil Young

"The sun's not yellow, it's chicken." -Bob Dylan

"If you go out and buy a Van Halen record and put it in your collection, it'll melt your other records." -David Lee Roth, 1981.

Guy of Gisborne: Why a spoon, cousin? Why not an axe?
    Sheriff of Nottingham: Because it's DULL, you twit!!! It'll HURT MORE!!!

Last Online

03.07.10 @ 06:18 AM
    Liked 10 Times in 9 Posts

Jesus, now it gets even odder. This was in this morning's Sun Sentinel, and was updated around an hour and a half ago.

Evidence removed from home of Caylee Anthony's grandparents

Bianca Prieto and Walter Pacheco | Sentinel Staff Writers
    11:59 AM EDT, August 7, 2008

Detectives and a crime-scene technician just left the house of missing 2-year-old Caylee Marie Anthony carrying a large bag of evidence.

Earlier today, the lead investigator and a CSI agent working the case returned to the grandparents' house on Hopespring Drive at Cindy Anthony's request, said sheriff's Sgt. John Allen.

Investigators today spent close to an hour at the home of Casey Anthony's grandparents. They were also there Wednesday for more than two hours, collecting evidence in their quest to find her missing toddler. This is now the fourth time investigators have searched the home since the girl disappeared.

Detectives would not comment on what they found and removed from the house today or Wednesday.

Officials said divers will be searching waterways in east Orange County near the home where missing toddler once lived. They did not specify the areas, but said it would be near the Anthony home.

The dive has nothing to do with the missing child case, but is a scheduled dive training exercise, Deputy Carlos Padilla said this morning.

"Nothing has led us to believe [Caylee] would be in the water," Padilla said. Detectives do not have specific information about where 2-year-old Caylee Anthony could be, but remain hopeful that she is alive.

Her mother says Caylee disappeared with a baby sitter in June, but the child was not reported missing until July 15.

Wednesday's search came a day after the case took a turn on TV.

Caylee's grandfather, George Anthony, said during a Tuesday night interview with Greta Van Susteren of Fox News Channel that his daughter stole two gasoline cans from a shed at the house several weeks before reporting the child's disappearance.

Investigators recovered those gas cans from the Anthony home Friday.

In the interview, George Anthony said he found the gas cans in the trunk of Casey Anthony's car on June 24, the day he reported them stolen.

George Anthony later told his daughter he needed a tool from her trunk, but she refused at first to let him open it.

"As she opened up the trunk of the car, guess what? The gas cans were there," George Anthony said. "[Casey's] the one that took the gas cans."

Investigators earlier found a stain and hair in the trunk of Casey Anthony's car.

http://www.sun-sentinel.com/news/loc...,2833111.story

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Panama
    Last Online

12.17.17 @ 03:53 PM
    Liked 2,241 Times in 1,357 Posts

I've been following this in the sentinel and on the evening news mags...and it keeps playing out like an episode of Special Victims unit

..I don't think the grandparents had anything to do with the disappearance sine the grandmother called it in, but their behaviour has been odd ever since...something's being covered up. Stories changing, people clamming up , and it seems that in the background we have the mother, who is apparently some type of narcisistic personality who shouldn't have been caring for a kid in the first place.

I can't believe that kid is alive anywhere

Future's in the past....
    Favorite VH Album

WACF, FW, DD
    Favorite VH Song

Last Online

Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts

What gets me are the pictures supposedly taken of the mother out partying in a club after the daughter went missing, yet before the daughter was reported missing.

Yeah, real caring parent.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Favorite VH Album

VH I
    Favorite VH Song

Unchained
    Last Online

08.31.15 @ 02:01 PM
    Liked 14 Times in 6 Posts

Man. The creepiness factor on this story is simply off the scale...

Favorite VH Song

"Dance The Night Away"
    Last Online

12.17.17 @ 06:31 PM
    Liked 1,350 Times in 926 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by VanHalenRules View Post
    Somehow, I don't think the trail ends at the mother. I think the grandparents are involved somehow as well. Not sure they did anything to the child, but have a feeling they may be helping to cover something up.

Local (out of Orlando) stations are over this like white on rice, so every little non-event is reported on. I'm sure Billy007 is about as sick of this crap as I am.
    Well, I've been gone for almost two weeks, so I don't hear as much about it up here, but it still is just sickening and frustrating how the mother has been through all this and I just don't know about the grandparents - either involved or naive - "the car smells like a dead body" "but it's old pizza"?

These things don't usually end well, here's hoping maybe this one can for a change.

Future's in the past....
    Favorite VH Album

WACF, FW, DD
    Favorite VH Song

Last Online

Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts

George Anthony Lashes Out At Media; Casey Refuses Brother's Visit

ORANGE COUNTY, Fla. -- There was an angry and emotional outburst Friday morning from the grandfather of missing 2-year-old Caylee Anthony. There was also emotion at the Orange County jail, frustration from Lee Anthony when his sister Casey refused to see him.

It's been 24 days since Caylee Anthony was reported missing and the search for her is starting to take its toll on George Anthony. He lashed out at the media.

"I'm not talking to anybody. Stay out of my property! Stay away. Stay away right now!" he yelled at the media Friday morning as he took garbage to the curb.

George yelled at members of the media that have been documenting his every move since 2-year-old Caylee was reported missing more than three weeks ago. Clearly, the stress is wearing him down.

"You people have no idea what we are going through! You don't care about me! You don't care about her! You don't care about my granddaughter!" George shouted at the media. "You just care about sensationalism. Shut up! I'm talking. I'm talking!"

This was on the same day the toddler's mother, Casey Anthony, rejected a visit at the jail by her brother Lee and one day after Orange County investigators released new details in the case that they say is filled with inconsistencies.

Detectives said what Casey has been telling them all along about her missing daughter simply doesn't add up. Caylee's grandmother Cindy stayed behind Friday morning to explain why George is falling apart.

"He’s frustrated cause he feels he can’t do anything to help find his granddaughter. You understand that?" Cindy asked. "When people feel helpless, they get angry about the situation. He wants her right now. We all want her right now.”

Little Caylee turns three Saturday, August 9. Cindy said the family bought a closet full of presents for her. Perhaps they are beginning to realize the child might not be there for that celebration.

CASEY REFUSES SCHEDULED VISIT WITH BROTHER LEE

When Lee Anthony showed up at the Orange County jail Friday morning for a scheduled visit, Casey didn't want to see him. Lee had plenty to say when he arrived, but not a word when he left.

Lee spoke at length with reporters before his scheduled visitation about how he still believes Casey's story despite mounting evidence against her, but when he sat down to talk to her inside the video visitation center, he was told she didn't want to.

Lee was asked if he thought his sister was being truthful.

"To the best of her ability right now, I do," he said.

Sounding at times like his sister's defense attorney, Lee Anthony dismissed a recent statement by one Zenaida Gonzalez that she's not Caylee's nanny and never heard of the missing girl.

"There are particular phone call records from that day that are extremely interesting," Lee said. "To try and pinpoint, you know, the idea that it's that person is ridiculous."

Detectives allege there was no phone call from a Zenaida Gonzalez or anyone at the time Casey said she talked to Caylee. But Lee isn't so sure.

"There's plenty of calls unaccounted for. There are some calls that didn't have a caller ID," he said.

The 25-year-old account manager maintained he's keeping an open mind about what happened to Caylee while he carries on his own investigation with the help of volunteers and friends. And, since right now the most serious charge against his sister is child neglect, he won't speculate she's done anything worse.

"Frankly, I wouldn't be here if I thought she wasn't still cooperating with me," he said.

But Friday, she didn't. When Casey was asked by a corrections officer if she wanted to meet with her brother, she declined.

"I've just been informed by the visitation supervisor that when visitation session started, Casey Anthony was not at the visitation unit over in her housing area. Correctional officer came on over the screen and told Mr. Anthony that Casey did not wish to have the visit occur and then he left," said Allen Moore, Orange County Corrections. "She did not wish to have the visit. No reason was given for this. It's the inmate's right not to conduct a visitation if they choose to."

The corrections officer asked three times if she was sure she didn't want to visit and each time Casey said no. He has rescheduled a visit with her for next Tuesday at 9:00am.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Future's in the past....
    Favorite VH Album

WACF, FW, DD
    Favorite VH Song

Last Online

Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts

Casey Anthony Denies Visitation From Family Members For 2nd Time
    http://www.wftv.com/news/17142154/detail.html

ORANGE COUNTY, Fla. -- It's been 27 days since now three-year-old Caylee Anthony was reported missing. Monday, George Anthony drove a mobile billboard around Florida in hopes of spreading the word about the missing toddler. The move comes one day after Casey Anthony refused a jailhouse visit from her parents.

Channel 9 asked Cindy Anthony if she thinks Casey cancelled because she did not want to defend statements from a search warrant that claims she never received or made a cell phone call to Caylee's mystery babysitter Zenaida Gonzalez. She is the woman Casey claimed last had her daughter.

"I've got the phone records so I'm not so sure, I'm not sure what you guys are talking about. I've not seen anything from the Sheriff's Department and they have not confirmed anything to that. I would like to see her, but what am I going to say. What am I suppose to say? That's her perogative," Cindy said Sunday.

According to sources, Casey has been watching some news coverage, which may have included when the Anthonys spoke out against her.

"She's going to have to pay for some of the stuff she's put herself and put her daughter through," George Anthony said last week.

On Friday, Casey also turned away her brother Lee.

Regardless of Casey's motive, her parents were disappointed that their daughter chose to snub family members for the second time.

"You always want to see your child, but then again, she had her reasons," Cindy said.

Cindy told Channel 9 that she believes Casey's reason may be petty.

"Maybe it's based on me cancelling my appointment with her the other day," she said.

Two visitations remain scheduled for this week. Tuesday morning, Casey's brother Lee is scheduled to visit. George and Cindy Anthony will make another attempt to visit their daughter Thursday morning.

There was no explanation given as to why Casey Anthony declined the visit Sunday.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Future's in the past....
    Favorite VH Album

WACF, FW, DD
    Favorite VH Song

Last Online

Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts

This shit just keeps getting wierder.

Caylee Anthony's Grandfather Says 3-Year-Old Has Been Kidnapped

http://www.wftv.com/news/17169161/detail.html

OVIEDO, Fla. -- It's been 28 days since now 3-year-old Caylee Anthony was reported missing. Caylee's grandfather told Eyewitness News on Tuesday that she was kidnapped and the people that have her are being watched.

George Anthony told Eyewitness News he was supposed to meet in Oviedo on Tuesday morning with "people assisting outside the normal scope of things" and he seemed to suggest that the people are doing surveillance on kidnappers who he believes have his granddaughter.

"These people know they are being watched. They know it," George told Eyewitness News on Tuesday morning.

"Who are these people?" WFTV reporter Derrol Nail asked.

"I really can't get into that with you," George said.

"Are there people out there who can help you find these people?" Nail asked.

"Yeah, you would think that the people who have my granddaughter right now would be smart enough to turn this girl back in to her family. I don't want anymore of this going on," he said.

"You really believe that, George, with all the evidence out there to the counter?" Nail asked.

"Oh, deeply. You know something? Stuff that's out there so far, I hope I can say this as politely as I can, evidence that's out there is circumstantial. Evidence that's out there is being drawn up in someone's mind. Just because some things look like it's going in one way, it could go in a totally different way," he said.

During his time in Oviedo on Tuesday morning, he passed out shirts and fliers to random strangers who came up to him, but the person who he said he was supposed to meet in Oviedo didn't show up.

Eyewitness News asked if he has hired a private investigator and he would only say that the people who are doing the surveillance are private people who are helping him.

After his brief conversation with Eyewitness News, George hit the road with a Caylee billboard in tow. He said he plans on driving it to Sanford and possibly Daytona if time allows.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Favorite VH Album

VH I
    Favorite VH Song

Unchained
    Last Online

08.31.15 @ 02:01 PM
    Liked 14 Times in 6 Posts

Sounds like gramps has gone completely off his rocker!

Favorite VH Song

"Dance The Night Away"
    Last Online

12.17.17 @ 06:31 PM
    Liked 1,350 Times in 926 Posts

Not like he ran someone down on a bicycle, hijacked a car and stripped off his clothes...

Something definitely amiss with this situation - with his comments, maybe we could think the child was kidnapped and the mom was told don't tell anyone or else and that's why she can't get her story straight; however, if that's the case, then why is gramps opening his yap now?