F.U.C.K.
    Favorite VH Song

Humans Being
    Last Online

12.12.17 @ 06:17 AM
    Liked 40 Times in 29 Posts

Donor

Default Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen official movie thread

Time to start a dedicated thread for the next Transformers movie. Here is a little tidbit about the villian:

The Fallen Confirmed for Transformers Sequel
    Source: MTV July 29, 2008

MTV talked to IDW Publishing, which is working on a five-part prequel miniseries to Michael Bay's Transformers: Revenge of the Fall titled "Transformers: Destiny" that will bridge the gap between the first and second movie. What IDW Publishing says confirms the rumor that "The Fallen" in the title is indeed the villain:

"[We're going to] explore the background of The Fallen — the main villain of the movie — as well as expand on the 'Reign of Starscream' story that we're doing and tie everything in to what this next movie is going to be," explained writer Chris Mowry, who partners on the book with artist Alex Milne. "The next movie starts out with just tons of action and there’s obviously going to be a lot of questions, so we’re hoping to answer some of those beforehand."
    "What we are dealing with here, is a complete lack of respect for the law" - Jackie Gleason, Smokey and the Bandit

www.geocaching.com - The site where you are the search engine.

Favorite VH Album

F.U.C.K.
    Favorite VH Song

Humans Being
    Last Online

Donor

Megatron May Return as a...
    Source: CHUD August 4, 2008

CHUD has posted an interesting story on how Megatron might return in Michael Bay's Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen, opening in theaters on June 26, 2009. Here's a clip:

OK, I don't think there's a soul out there who will be surprised when Megatron returns in Transformers 2. If the current incarnation of the script follows the beats of a previous incarnation (which did not feature The Fallen), Megatron may be getting brought back by the Autobots, who need him to conquer the new menace. But I've learned that this time he won't be that weird alien jet.
    "What we are dealing with here, is a complete lack of respect for the law" - Jackie Gleason, Smokey and the Bandit

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Hear About It Later
    Last Online

12.12.17 @ 10:26 PM
    Liked 1,384 Times in 759 Posts

The Fallen? What kind of crap is this? There is only one thing worth adding to a sequel: the Dinobots!!!!

Little Dreamer

Favorite VH Album

F.U.C.K.
    Favorite VH Song

Humans Being
    Last Online

Donor

No official word on what other Transformers will be in the movie, other then the ones who survived the first movie. Skyfire is in the new one as a SR-71 and a couple other new autobots. The Dinobots may still be in it. I hope they are. It would be cool to see Grimlock tearing stuff up!

Favorite VH Album

5150, OU812, Balance, F.U.C.K
    Favorite VH Song

Dont have one
    Last Online

08.28.16 @ 11:47 PM
    Liked 18 Times in 11 Posts

Mystery car revealed on Transformers 2 set:

http://www.comingsoon.net/news/movienews.php?id=47859

The Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen Mystery Car
    Source: Jalopnik August 11, 2008

Jalopnik reports that the mystery car that was spotted on the Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen set is actually GM's Corvette Centennial Design Concept. The car's launch will coincide with GM's 100-year birthday party and merges design elements of the past with the next century of GM design. Which Transformer it will be, however, remains a question.

That car is SICK!

Edit: Skyfire as a SR-71??? Umm...ok You would think they would make him look like how he was in the tv series. I was thinkin the F-14 or the F-18. But a blackbird just doesnt seem to fit but thats just me
    Last edited by Thai Boxer 9901; 08.11.08 at 08:46 AM.
    Facebook http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=504401115
    YouTube http://www.youtube.com/user/jedimasterkyle

BOISE STATE BRONCOS! - They're awesome. Deal with it!

11/16/04 - VAN HALEN in Boise, Idaho. Changed my life forever

8/8/06 - Sammy Hagar and the Wabos w/Michael Anthony in Boise, Idaho. Sam and Mike still kick ass

Baluchitherium
    Favorite VH Album

F.U.C.K.
    Favorite VH Song

W/O U, WIL, & HFT
    Last Online

12.12.17 @ 06:46 AM
    Liked 432 Times in 167 Posts

Donor

Quote Originally Posted by ZeoBandit View Post
    No official word on what other Transformers will be in the movie, other then the ones who survived the first movie. Skyfire is in the new one as a SR-71 and a couple other new autobots. The Dinobots may still be in it. I hope they are. It would be cool to see Grimlock tearing stuff up!
    I've read on the internet that they will have a cameo, but then someone with the movie said no Dinobots.

Work 'em in... they were my favorite Transformers. I had Grimlock and Swoop (I think that was his name).

All I really care is if Megan Fox shows her boobies or is at least scantily clothed in Fallen
    Rock the Red!!!

"Give Doc the shotgun. They're less apt to get nervy if he's on the street howitzer."

"Dying ain't much of a living, boy."

Save a Terrapin - Fear a Turtle

Favorite VH Album

F.U.C.K.
    Favorite VH Song

Humans Being
    Last Online

Donor

Which Robot is Confirmed for Transformers 2?
    Source: TFW2005 September 11, 2008

TFW2005 has received word that the combiner Devastator will appear in the Michael Bay sequel Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen. The site says it has confirmed the following:

- Seven construction vehicles merge to form Devastator
    - Devastator has lots of upper body strength, like a gorilla
    - Not just green, some of the vehicles are red and yellow
    - The previously Long Haul concept art by Josh Nizzi is legit

"Revenge of the Fallen" hits conventional theaters and IMAX on June 26, 2009

Romeo Delight
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Girl Gone Bad
    Last Online

03.06.15 @ 10:42 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Just reading this thread for the first time and ironically, only just saw "Transformers" last nite!! I wish I would have seen it in a theatre when it debuted, but enjoyed it immensely nonetheless (on 60 inches of pure Panasonic pleasure).

Great flick, lots of action and I can't even imagine how long it took for the CG guys to create some of those scenes, especially the ones where the bots are "transforming"!!

My son and I agreed that the ending definitely screamed "sequel".....and I would also love to see the Dinobots written into the next one.
    "Make no mistake. Eddie Van Halen can still kick your ass. The man who single-handedly changed the face of rock is still mean, lean, and sharp as a tack. And if you dispute the ownership of the crown, try to imagine a world without him."~~Billy Corgan/Guitar World (April 1996)

"There's a plaque on our wall that says we've sold over 65 million albums, and I don't feel I've accomplished anything. I feel like I'm just getting started."~~Edward Van Halen

( ( (d(-_-)b) ) )

Atomic Punk
    Favorite VH Album

VHIII/WACF/OU51BALUCK
    Last Online

07.24.11 @ 04:36 PM
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

can't freaking wait!

Atomic Punk
    Last Online

12.11.17 @ 04:37 PM
    Liked 1,229 Times in 448 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Buschman View Post
    All I really care is if Megan Fox shows her boobies or is at least scantily clothed in Fallen
    http://www.usmagazine.com/news/megan...emale-stripper
    "Watch what people are cynical about, and one can often discover what they lack.” -- Gen. George S. Patton

Last Online

11.06.14 @ 05:13 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

I swear, it's like I'm playin' cards with my brother's kids or somethin'. You nerve-wrackin' sons-a-bitches.

Favorite VH Album

F.U.C.K.
    Favorite VH Song

Humans Being
    Last Online

Donor

She's a certifiable hottie.

Favorite VH Album

F.U.C.K.
    Favorite VH Song

Humans Being
    Last Online

Donor

Official Transformers 2 IMAX Announcement
    Source: IMAX Corporation September 30, 2008

Following up on last night's brief Variety report, IMAX Corporation has now officially announced that Michael Bay will shoot select scenes of Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen with IMAX cameras:

IMAX Corporation, DreamWorks Pictures and Paramount Pictures today announced that director Michael Bay will shoot key sequences of Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen with IMAX® cameras. Bay will integrate the IMAX footage with state of the art CGI to create an unprecedented look and feel for the highly anticipated sequel to last year's box office hit, Transformers. As previously announced, Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen will be released to IMAX® theatres simultaneously with the movie's wide release on June 26, 2009.

The movie sequences shot in traditional 35mm will be digitally re-mastered into the unparalleled image and sound quality of The IMAX Experience® with IMAX DMR® (Digital Re-mastering) technology. The IMAX DMR scenes will appear in the traditional "letterbox" shape, while scenes shot with IMAX's cameras will expand vertically to fill the entire IMAX screen.

"The extraordinary level of detail and intensity captured by the IMAX camera creates many exciting possibilities for us with this film," said Michael Bay, the film's director. "IMAX's all-encompassing format will take this story to a new level, and I am once again very excited to share The IMAX Experience with Transformers fans around the world."

"The addition of another amazing title from DreamWorks and Paramount, combined with more groundbreaking use of IMAX technology by Hollywood's top filmmakers, are examples of how far we have come as a company and a distribution platform over the past several years," said IMAX Co-Chairmen and Co-CEOs Richard L. Gelfond and Bradley J. Wechsler. "The growth of the IMAX theatre network, fueled by the economical benefits of the new IMAX digital system, is driving interest from virtually all of the top studios, which is resulting in more IMAX movies for audiences to enjoy."

"Michael Bay's innovative use of IMAX cameras will create a spectacular cinematic adventure for moviegoers next summer," added Greg Foster, Chairman and President of IMAX Filmed Entertainment. "We're very excited to be integrated as a core part of the Transformers production, and with the skilled marketing and distribution teams at DreamWorks and Paramount, the timing is ideal given our expanding global audience and network footprint."

The IMAX release of this movie was previously mentioned in IMAX Corporation's second quarter results press release on August 7.

DreamWorks Pictures and Paramount Pictures Present In Association with Hasbro A di Bonaventura Pictures Production A Tom DeSanto/Don Murphy Production A Michael Bay Film "Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen" starring Shia LaBeouf, Megan Fox, Josh Duhamel, Tyrese Gibson, Kevin Dunn, Julie White, John Benjamin Hickey, Ramon Rodriguez, Isabel Lucas and John Turturro. The film is directed by Michael Bay from a screenplay by Ehren Kruger & Roberto Orci & Alex Kurtzman. The producers are Don Murphy & Tom DeSanto, Lorenzo di Bonaventura and Ian Bryce. The executive producers are Steven Spielberg, Michael Bay, Brian Goldner and Mark Vahradian. Based on Hasbro's Transformers(TM) Action Figures. This film has not yet been rated.

Favorite VH Album

F.U.C.K.
    Favorite VH Song

Humans Being
    Last Online

Donor

Leaked pics of Megatron from Transformers 2?

http://www.superherohype.com/news/tr...ws.php?id=7673

Real, or deliberate mis-information from the producers?

Favorite VH Album

F.U.C.K.
    Favorite VH Song

Humans Being
    Last Online

Donor

Orci Addresses Transformers Sequel Rumors
    Source:TFW2005.com October 20, 2008

Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen co-writer Roberto Orci addressed some of the rumors about the sequel on TFW2005.com. The site says:

He states that some of the leaked TFW insider information may be misinformation. Specifically, he states that Soundwave is not a pick up truck, although he doesn't rule out Soundwave being a truck of some kind.

On the subject of misinformation, Roberto mentions that the false information generally has not been working very well, in fact he says it usually does not work.

In other postings, he stated that the "Fallen" in the title may be a robot, or just a synonym for the defeated side. We can also look forward to fights like the Freeway Brawl in the first movie between Optimus Prime and Bonecrusher, only longer this time around. There's also a good chance we might see a Decepticon who is ridiculously loyal to Megatron and the Decepticon cause. Just don't expect it to be Tidal Wave - Roberto Orci, Alex Kurtzman and the other writers just could not find a way to make him work in the sequel's story.