Favorite VH Album

WACF, FW, DD
    Favorite VH Song

At the moment, Little Guitars
    Last Online

11.03.17 @ 01:35 PM
    Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts

Default CA State Workers' Pay Cut: $6.55 an Hour

SACRAMENTO, CA - More than 200,000 state workers could see their paychecks temporarily reduced to federal minimum wage next month as legislators battle over California's overdue budget, under an executive order that could be signed by Gov. Arnold Schwarzenegger next week.

According to the draft order, state employee pay would be cut to the federal minimum wage of $6.55 an hour until a budget agreement can be reached.

Schwarzenegger's office says the cut is needed to help reduce state expenses during the budget delay. Without a budget in place, the governor says the state could run out of money by the end of next month.

"It's outrageous," said Jim Zamora, spokesman for the largest state worker union SEIU Local 1000.

"It's an abuse of Arnold Schwarzenegger's power. It's not our fault that the Governor and the legislature cannot come together and pass a balanced budget that will fund those services which California residents depend upon and state law requires," Zamora said.

Schwarzenegger's office says the move would help preserve cash in state coffers for essential expenses should the budget negotiations continue to stall.

But State Controller John Chiang called the governor's pay proposal "wrong." "I have made it crystal clear that we have, and will continue to have, sufficient cash to make all payments, including state payroll, through September," Chiang said.

"Cutting workers' salaries will do nothing meaningful to improve our cash position or help us make our priority payment," Chiang argued.

Under the terms of the draft order, workers who would see pay cuts in their August checks would have all their missed pay returned once a budget deal is reached. The move was expected to save the state about $1 billion a month.

"Republicans understand the urgency of getting the budget done as soon as possible, which is our main focus right now," said GOP Senate leader Dave Cogdill and Assembly leader Mike Villines in a written statement. "We are working very hard to avoid drastic measures like the one that is being proposed."

Many state workers reacted with shock. "I immediately called my wife and said, 'Curtail all spending, turn off the air conditioner.' I have four kids at home," said Curtis Stapp. Recalling another recent budget crisis, Julie Perez hopes to be bailed out herself. "Last time we had this happen, I'm a credit union member, they gave us zero interest loans," Perez said.

The last time state worker pay was affected by a budget delay was 1992. With the budget 64 days late that year, former Gov. Pete Wilson issued IOUs to employees instead of paychecks. A court ruling later determined that move violated labor laws.

Unions representing state workers are considering legal action to challenge the governor's pay cut plan in court.

http://www.news10.net/news/local/sto...3&provider=top
    11/05/78 Hollywood Sportatorium
    12/10/82 Hollywood Sportatorium
    01/20/84 Hollywood Sportatorium
    01/21/84 Hollywood Sportatorium
    02/16/08 Jacksonville Veterans Memorial Arena

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I've got dreams in hidden places and extra smiles for when I'm blue.

Favorite VH Song

Mean Street
    Last Online

03.01.10 @ 10:22 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Donor

LOL. There is no way this will ever happen. I love the guy who calls his wife to tell her to turn off the A/C. He should be fired for stupidity.

Atomic Punk
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

You\'re Kidding,right?
    Last Online

05.31.14 @ 08:17 PM
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

**1999** Sacramento, CA**

Gov. Davis: We have an 11 billion dollar surplus. Let's spend it!

Some State Senator: I don't know, a bunch of Dot.Coms are going under in Santa Clara and they say even more will fail within the year.

Gov.Davis: Tech fail? Naw! It's just an adjustment. Let's spend, spend,spend!

***2004** Sacramento, CA***

The Governator: Raise taxez? No vey! We have all dees new houzing develpments being built and vee can use de new properdy taxes to help balance ze budget.

Some state Senator: Is it me or do the property values in California seem...I don't know..artificially high? Maybe we should look into this.

The Governator: Vaat? Look into vaat? Zee pricez are high becauze of mahrkeht forces, do you really zink that banks would dihonestly raise the apprehzed price of houzing?

***2008** Sacramento, CA***

The Governator: Oh shit! Ze banks zey over appraized the pricez ov de houzes and zen loaned ze money to people who couldn't afvord eet! Vee haf no consistant tex revenue unt our tex income ist zhrinkink!!

Some State Senator: Uh, yeah...good luck with all that.
    "Nothing is ever what it seems but everything is exactly what it is." - B. Banzai

My Blog:

http://axxman300tool.blogspot.com/

http://www.myspace.com/axxman300

Favorite VH Song

"Dance The Night Away"
    Last Online

12.17.17 @ 06:31 PM
    Liked 1,350 Times in 926 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by VanHalenRules View Post
    SACRAMENTO, CA - More than 200,000 state workers could see their paychecks temporarily reduced to federal minimum wage next month as legislators battle over California's overdue budget, under an executive order that could be signed by Gov. Arnold Schwarzenegger next week.

According to the draft order, state employee pay would be cut to the federal minimum wage of $6.55 an hour until a budget agreement can be reached.
    That is, of course, excepting those state employees who were elected to their jobs...

Last Online

12.17.17 @ 07:05 PM
    Liked 1,621 Times in 997 Posts

Donor

Yeah, this'll float.

Golden monkeys. Butt. Eastern seaboard. Etcetera.

Favorite VH Album

Favorite VH Song

Summer Nights, Cabo Wabo
    Last Online

10.19.17 @ 06:44 PM
    Liked 55 Times in 21 Posts

Premium Member

Donor

Maybe Viking and all his co-workers could send them their candy bars. That'll cheer them up!

Right, Vike?

Artists I Have Seen: 1D, 38 Special, Aerosmith, Alabama, Bad Company, Bad English, Billy Squire, Bob Seger, Bon Jovi, Boston, BTO, Cheap Trick, Chicago, Chickenfoot, Cinderella, Daughtry, Dave Matthews Band, Default, Def Leppard, Dio, Dokken, Drowning Pool, Eagles, Earth Wind & Fire, Eddie Money, Eric Clapton, Farenheit, Fleetwood Mac, Foreigner, Garth Brooks, George Strait, Glass Tiger, Heart, Huey Lewis and the News, Jackson Browne, Jimmy Buffett, Joan Jett and the Blackhearts, Joe Bonamassa, John Mellencamp, Journey, Keel, Kingdom Come, Kings X, KISS, Kool and the Gang, Krokus, Lionel Richie, Little River Band, Lou Gramm, Loverboy, Los Lonely Boys, Lynyrd Skynyrd, Metallica, Michael Bolton, Nickelback, Night Ranger, Paul Stanley, Peter Frampton, Pink Floyd, Poison, Red Rider, REO Speedwagon, Santana, Sammy Hagar, Shinedown, Steely Dan, Steve Miller Band, Styx, Ted Nugent, Tesla, The 1975, The Black Crowes, The Roots, The Wallflowers, U2, Van Halen, Whitesnake, Zac Brown Band, ZZ Top

Atomic Punk
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

You\'re Kidding,right?
    Last Online

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

"Nothing is ever what it seems but everything is exactly what it is." - B. Banzai

My Blog:

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

So this is love?
    Last Online

01.01.13 @ 04:06 PM
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by Axxman300 View Post
    **1999** Sacramento, CA**

Gov. Davis: We have an 11 billion dollar surplus. Let's spend it!

Some State Senator: I don't know, a bunch of Dot.Coms are going under in Santa Clara and they say even more will fail within the year.

Gov.Davis: Tech fail? Naw! It's just an adjustment. Let's spend, spend,spend!

***2004** Sacramento, CA***

The Governator: Raise taxez? No vey! We have all dees new houzing develpments being built and vee can use de new properdy taxes to help balance ze budget.

Some state Senator: Is it me or do the property values in California seem...I don't know..artificially high? Maybe we should look into this.

The Governator: Vaat? Look into vaat? Zee pricez are high becauze of mahrkeht forces, do you really zink that banks would dihonestly raise the apprehzed price of houzing?

***2008** Sacramento, CA***

The Governator: Oh shit! Ze banks zey over appraized the pricez ov de houzes and zen loaned ze money to people who couldn't afvord eet! Vee haf no consistant tex revenue unt our tex income ist zhrinkink!!

Some State Senator: Uh, yeah...good luck with all that.
    Dude... HILARIOUS!!!
    "It doesn't mean that much to me to mean that much to you..." -Neil Young

"The sun's not yellow, it's chicken." -Bob Dylan

"If you go out and buy a Van Halen record and put it in your collection, it'll melt your other records." -David Lee Roth, 1981.

Guy of Gisborne: Why a spoon, cousin? Why not an axe?
    Sheriff of Nottingham: Because it's DULL, you twit!!! It'll HURT MORE!!!

Favorite VH Album

Women & Children First
    Favorite VH Song

Fools/All things Halenized
    Last Online

08.04.17 @ 11:33 PM
    Liked 29 Times in 14 Posts

Donor

I like the candy bar idea. That cut would save a lot of cash though.
    RIP - Classic Van Halen

"A lot of people take Van Halen more seriously than we do." The Diamond One

Atomic Punk
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

You\'re Kidding,right?
    Last Online

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Today, the State of California took a giant step on the road to recovery...

...by banning Transfat.

Yep, priorities. We haz dem.

My Blog: