Follow us on...
Follow us on Twitter Follow us on Facebook Watch us on YouTube
Register
    Atomic Punk
    Last Online

12.11.17 @ 04:37 PM
    Liked 1,229 Times in 448 Posts

Default Massachusetts Woman Commits Suicide Before Home Foreclosure

TAUNTON, Mass. — A 53-year-old wife and mother fatally shot herself shortly after faxing a letter to her mortgage company saying that she'd be dead by the time they foreclosed on her house that day.

Police said that Carlene Balderrama used her husband's high-powered rifle to kill herself Tuesday afternoon, shortly after faxing the letter at 2:30 p.m.

The mortgage company called police, who found Balderrama's body at 3:30 p.m. The auction was scheduled to start at 5 p.m. and interested buyers arrived at the property in Taunton, about 35 miles south of Boston, while Balderrama's body was still inside, according to Taunton police chief Raymond O'Berg.

Police did not immediately release the name of the mortgage company. O'Berg said Balderrama's fax read, in part, "By the time you foreclose on my house I'll be dead."

O'Berg also said a suicide note found next to Balderrama told her husband, John, and 24-year-old son to "take the (life) insurance money and pay for the house."

Joe Whitney, who works with Balderrama's husband, a plumber, said that Balderrama handled the bills and her husband didn't know about the foreclosure.

"John didn't even know about it, that's the surprise," Whitney said told The Boston Globe. "It's just one of those awful, awful tragic events."

http://www.boston.com/news/local/art...f_foreclosure/
    "Watch what people are cynical about, and one can often discover what they lack.” -- Gen. George S. Patton

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

So this is love?
    Last Online

01.01.13 @ 04:06 PM
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

I heard this on my way into work on WAAF. Any takers on whether or not this becomes a national headline issue? People offing themselves because they can't afford their homes? I'll throw down a Jackson or two...

Additionally, a guy called into the radio show this morning claiming to be her neighbor. He indicated that they were either in, or close to foreclosure two other times previously. She was also a well-known alcoholic. Looks like there may have been other issues going on here...

One other thing… Did she really think her life insurance policy would pay the death benefits to her husband and son when she shot herself??? 99% of insurance policies will NOT provide benefits to suicide "victims" families.
    Last edited by Ace Ventura; 07.24.08 at 04:39 AM.
    "It doesn't mean that much to me to mean that much to you..." -Neil Young

"The sun's not yellow, it's chicken." -Bob Dylan

"If you go out and buy a Van Halen record and put it in your collection, it'll melt your other records." -David Lee Roth, 1981.

Guy of Gisborne: Why a spoon, cousin? Why not an axe?
    Sheriff of Nottingham: Because it's DULL, you twit!!! It'll HURT MORE!!!

Baluchitherium
    Favorite VH Album

F.U.C.K.
    Favorite VH Song

W/O U, WIL, & HFT
    Last Online

12.15.17 @ 05:52 AM
    Liked 433 Times in 167 Posts

Donor

Quote Originally Posted by Ace Ventura View Post
    I heard this on my way into work on WAAF. Any takers on whether or not this becomes a national headline issue? People offing themselves because they can't afford their homes? I'll throw down a Jackson or two...

Additionally, a guy called into the radio show this morning claiming to be her neighbor. He indicated that they were either in, or close to foreclosure two other times previously. She was also a well-known alcoholic. Looks like there may have been other issues going on here...

One other thing… Did she really think her life insurance policy would pay the death benefits to her husband and son when she shot herself??? 99% of insurance policies will NOT provide benefits to suicide "victims" families.
    Actually, my life insurance will pay my wife if I off myself, but the amount would be less than the max. That woman must have been alittle wacko to do that. Personally, if I knew my home was being forclosed (this idea would take a few days) I would take a dump in every heat register possible. So when they turn on the heat - whalah, house smells like shit.
    Rock the Red!!!

"Give Doc the shotgun. They're less apt to get nervy if he's on the street howitzer."

"Dying ain't much of a living, boy."

Save a Terrapin - Fear a Turtle

Favorite VH Album

Van Halen, Fair Warning, WACF
    Favorite VH Song

Everybody Wants Some
    Last Online

01.21.12 @ 03:56 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

She must have thought to herself that if I or my family can't have this home, then neither will anyone else. Of course, that line of thinking is a little bit out there.

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

So this is love?
    Last Online

01.01.13 @ 04:06 PM
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by Buschman View Post
    Actually, my life insurance will pay my wife if I off myself, but the amount would be less than the max. That woman must have been alittle wacko to do that. Personally, if I knew my home was being forclosed (this idea would take a few days) I would take a dump in every heat register possible. So when they turn on the heat - whalah, house smells like shit.
    Hmmm... I didn't think policies covered that...

Anyways, good idea about the shit! I would put bullion cubes in all of the shower heads... As soon as the hot water turns on, you smell like chicken soup!
    "It doesn't mean that much to me to mean that much to you..." -Neil Young

"The sun's not yellow, it's chicken." -Bob Dylan

"If you go out and buy a Van Halen record and put it in your collection, it'll melt your other records." -David Lee Roth, 1981.

Guy of Gisborne: Why a spoon, cousin? Why not an axe?
    Sheriff of Nottingham: Because it's DULL, you twit!!! It'll HURT MORE!!!

Favorite VH Album

VH II
    Favorite VH Song

Unchained, DOA
    Last Online

06.14.17 @ 06:46 PM
    Liked 23 Times in 9 Posts

Donor

Quote Originally Posted by Ace Ventura View Post
    After you take out a life insurance policy, there is usually a two year waiting period during which they will not cover suicide. After two years if the policy is still in force, they will pay out on a suicide.

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Panama
    Last Online

12.15.17 @ 05:43 PM
    Liked 2,238 Times in 1,356 Posts

If the economy continues to tank, we will see more of this...it is unfortunate, but the stress that financial difficulties puts on people.... even the most well balanced people will find it difficult to cope It's like the people who jumped to their death out of financial district buildings when the stock market crashed

as for crapping in the heat vents...geez louise! what did the new buyers do to deserve that! funny tho...

I have heard realtors talk about homeowners who have stripped the home of everything they have put into it, including entire kitchens, bath fixtures, heat and ac units and even windows....guess they figure anything they put into the home with their own money is theirs to do with what they wish, but it seems like they are only penalizing themselves by forcing a short sale of the home.

Baluchitherium
    Favorite VH Album

VH II
    Favorite VH Song

Down in Flames
    Last Online

12.13.17 @ 02:13 AM
    Liked 200 Times in 83 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Daisy Hill View Post
    as for crapping in the heat vents...geez louise! what did the new buyers do to deserve that! funny tho...

I have heard realtors talk about homeowners who have stripped the home of everything they have put into it, including entire kitchens, bath fixtures, heat and ac units and even windows....guess they figure anything they put into the home with their own money is theirs to do with what they wish, but it seems like they are only penalizing themselves by forcing a short sale of the home.
    People who are doing that probably aren't the sharpest knives in the drawer in the first place. Which is likely why they are losing their home.

As far as the poop trick, or anything else, why is it someone else's fault when you lose your home?

Favorite VH Album

F.U.C.K.
    Favorite VH Song

Humans Being
    Last Online

12.14.17 @ 05:57 AM
    Liked 40 Times in 29 Posts

Donor

I heard about this story this morning while I was getting ready for hell...I mean work. Very tragic. I highly doubt the insurance company will pay her policy though.
    "What we are dealing with here, is a complete lack of respect for the law" - Jackie Gleason, Smokey and the Bandit

www.geocaching.com - The site where you are the search engine.

Atomic Punk
    Last Online

12.11.17 @ 04:37 PM
    Liked 1,229 Times in 448 Posts

Massachusetts mother Carlene Balderrama was so despondent over the imminent foreclosure on her home and the family's dire finances that she apparently saw only one way out: suicide.

Balderrama, 53, hadn't paid the mortgage on the three-bedroom house she lived in with her husband in 42 months, the Boston Herald reported. John Balderrama said he had no idea.

“I had no clue,” he told The Associated Press. He said that unbeknownst to him, his wife had been fielding letters from the mortgage company, PHH Mortgage Corp., and shredding them.

Police investigating her shooting say all the evidence points toward the conclusion that Balderrama took her own life.

“We’re still investigating, but it definitely appears to be a suicide,” Taunton Police Chief Raymond O’Berg told the Boston Herald Thursday.

The Bristol County District Attorney's Office concurs.

“We might look at finances if we thought there was foul play, but all signs point to it being a suicide," spokesman Gregg Miliote told the Herald. "We’ll see where the investigation takes us.”
    "Watch what people are cynical about, and one can often discover what they lack.” -- Gen. George S. Patton

Future's in the past....
    Favorite VH Album

WACF, FW, DD
    Favorite VH Song

At the moment, Little Guitars
    Last Online

11.03.17 @ 01:35 PM
    Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by voivod View Post
    Massachusetts mother Carlene Balderrama was so despondent over the imminent foreclosure on her home and the family's dire finances that she apparently saw only one way out: suicide.

Balderrama, 53, hadn't paid the mortgage on the three-bedroom house she lived in with her husband in 42 months, the Boston Herald reported. John Balderrama said he had no idea.

“I had no clue,” he told The Associated Press. He said that unbeknownst to him, his wife had been fielding letters from the mortgage company, PHH Mortgage Corp., and shredding them.

Police investigating her shooting say all the evidence points toward the conclusion that Balderrama took her own life.

“We’re still investigating, but it definitely appears to be a suicide,” Taunton Police Chief Raymond O’Berg told the Boston Herald Thursday.

The Bristol County District Attorney's Office concurs.

“We might look at finances if we thought there was foul play, but all signs point to it being a suicide," spokesman Gregg Miliote told the Herald. "We’ll see where the investigation takes us.”
    Three and a half years behind?
    11/05/78 Hollywood Sportatorium
    12/10/82 Hollywood Sportatorium
    01/20/84 Hollywood Sportatorium
    01/21/84 Hollywood Sportatorium
    02/16/08 Jacksonville Veterans Memorial Arena

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I've got dreams in hidden places and extra smiles for when I'm blue.

Sinner's Swing!
    Last Online

10.27.17 @ 06:31 PM
    Liked 22 Times in 17 Posts

Said on the AP site the husband claims he brought home 7k a month after taxes as a licensed plumber (which I'd believe, they make pretty good money), and the home was a 230K home. Doesn't add up.

Last Online

03.03.15 @ 08:31 PM
    Liked 2 Times in 1 Post

Donor

Quote Originally Posted by VegasVic View Post
    As far as the poop trick, or anything else, why is it someone else's fault when you lose your home?
    Yeah, I tend not to have much sympathy for anyone who's reach has exceeded their grasp on this sort of stuff. The bailout programs bother me. Why reward irresponsibility?

As for the poop... well, perhaps that's just indicative of someone's emotional maturity.

Atomic Punk
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

You\'re Kidding,right?
    Last Online

05.31.14 @ 08:17 PM
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by Rebel View Post
    Said on the AP site the husband claims he brought home 7k a month after taxes as a licensed plumber (which I'd believe, they make pretty good money), and the home was a 230K home. Doesn't add up.

That's $252,000 in income the three years that she'd been behind in payments. I'm no math whiz but I smell a rat, and I think it shot itself.
    "Nothing is ever what it seems but everything is exactly what it is." - B. Banzai

My Blog:

http://axxman300tool.blogspot.com/

http://www.myspace.com/axxman300