Follow us on Twitter Follow us on Facebook Watch us on YouTube
Register
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Hot For Teacher
    Last Online

05.07.09 @ 07:48 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Any funny "Dog Stories"?

I have a very funny (and completely TRUE one)

A good friend of mine runs a very successful Dog Daycare Center here in Rochester NY (for the past 8 years now) and provided me with perhaps one of the funniest (true) stories I have EVER heard.

Subject: Teaching your dog leave it
    Date: Tuesday, July 22, 2008, 12:07 PM

Teaching your dog leave it, OR keeping an eagle eye on your lab can be useful, if you don’t want people to know about your freaky bedroom life.

If you are not careful he might go to doggy daycare and throw up a condom, a rubber band, and what Heather and I can only discern are anal beads.

True story!

I hope I gave you all a laugh for the day…..
    Sm...

Favorite VH Song

"Dance The Night Away"
    Last Online

12.15.17 @ 05:35 PM
    Liked 1,350 Times in 926 Posts

Well, nothing like that, but when I was a kid, my mom had a boyfriend who had a camp on Lake Wentworth in New Hampshire (Man, would I kill to have access to that camp now!). Anyway, I liked to row the boat out in the lake and I used to take our Maltese with me. One day, I was getting the boat ready to go and put the dog in. For whatever reason, I was trying to pull the boat from one side of the dock to the other before getting in, and while doing so the rope slipped out of my hand. The boat started drifting away into the lake, with the poor pooch inside, could hear him crying as he drifted further out. And it seemed to be drifting out pretty fast. My sister and another person at the camp ended up breaking out the canoe and chasing the boat and the dog down.

Another night we were sitting out by the back dock and he was just wandering around. All of a sudden we heard a splash - he'd walked straight off the end of the dock! (He wasn't one to go swimming intentionally, unlike my mother's boyfriend's dog who used to swim back and forth across the "river").

Future's in the past....
    Favorite VH Album

WACF, FW, DD
    Favorite VH Song

At the moment, Little Guitars
    Last Online

11.03.17 @ 01:35 PM
    Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts

Literally minutes before now, our Shepard mix was asleep on her back at the foot of the bed. Wanna guess what happened when she rolled over? Thud.

Looked at me like I pushed her or something.
    11/05/78 Hollywood Sportatorium
    12/10/82 Hollywood Sportatorium
    01/20/84 Hollywood Sportatorium
    01/21/84 Hollywood Sportatorium
    02/16/08 Jacksonville Veterans Memorial Arena

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I've got dreams in hidden places and extra smiles for when I'm blue.

Favorite VH Album

5150, Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Dance The Night Away, Dreams
    Last Online

12.14.17 @ 03:26 PM
    Liked 34 Times in 10 Posts

Our dog took the biggest crap just outside the McDonald's in Dodge City, Kansas back in '85. We put a straw in it with a piece of paper attached to the straw with "Max was here!" written on it.

This is kind of funny but not funny at the same time. I laugh and feel sorry for our old dog at the thought of this:

Our friend had bought a snake. His Grandma wouldn't let him keep the snake in her house so he kept it at our house. We used to go to the pet store and buy baby mice to feed the snake. One day we come home with the mice in a paper bag, and proceed to feed them to the snake. Well, our poodle, picking up the scent of the mice in that paper bag stuck her head in it and started racing across the living room at full speed with the paper bag over the top of her head, apparently chasing the mice she could still smell. She couldn't see the support post that was in the living room and smacked into it at full speed! She sat back on her ass, and was woozy for a little bit, but was all right.
    "Viking - last to sleep, first to rise, last to leave, that's how the Nords of old rocked the house." ~ timmac in the 'Texas Linkers' thread talking about yours truly. :-)

Baluchitherium
    Favorite VH Album

VH1, VHII or Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

They're all great!
    Last Online

04.02.15 @ 07:26 AM
    Liked 5 Times in 2 Posts

Donor

Quote Originally Posted by Viking View Post
    ]
    Our friend had bought a snake. His Grandma wouldn't let him keep the snake in her house so he kept it at our house. We used to go to the pet store and buy baby mice to feed the snake. One day we come home with the mice in a paper bag, and proceed to feed them to the snake. Well, our poodle, picking up the scent of the mice in that paper bag stuck her head in it and started racing across the living room at full speed with the paper bag over the top of her head, apparently chasing the mice she could still smell. She couldn't see the support post that was in the living room and smacked into it at full speed! She sat back on her ass, and was woozy for a little bit, but was all right.
    dude, do you want some more baby mice??
    yup you guessed it mine have had MORE babies (yesterday) the new total is now 79!...not bad considering they're all supposed to be female.
    we had taken 1 male out and even visited the vet who said there's no more males in there, but fuck me if they aren't still having them.
    my friends snake is about the best fed snake of all time!

i can always u.p.s. them over i'm sure they'll still be fresh after an atlantic flight!
    http://www.facebook.com/Tommywho5150

And with that I'm off to the kitchen to make myself a lesbian omelette...LLFHS in response to one of Graeme's post's

"The anal beads may have scarred SNIC for life. That guy is tough as fucking nails!! No normal guy could take anal beads to the head and survive! "...OLO on SNIC's near death experience at TLW

"I'm a 45-year-old man, and I still like to wear a thong or a speedo when I go swimming.
    Not because I have a great body, it's just an easy way to make sure I have the hotel swimming pool all to myself."...Bullwinkle for quite obvious reasons!

"Dude, the cashier gave me the creepiest sneer when he rang up my unmentionables!"...Sassy Lassy during a Facebook conversation!

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Somebody Get Me A Doctor
    Last Online

11.25.17 @ 05:23 PM
    Liked 7 Times in 4 Posts

I have a three year old shar-pei. We got her from the pound and tried to keep her in the basement when were gone. We let her have the whole place. One night I came home from work after she had been alone for 2 hours she met me at the door. When I went to the basement to see how she got out I found the door knob on the floor along with chunks of the door. All 35 pounds of her broke the door!!! After I took it all in we made eye contact and I know she was thinking "Haha. Try again"! I wanted to change her name to Hooch.
    Van Halen shows attended:
    08/21/91, 06/29/93
    08/02/93, 04/22/95
    07/18/95, 05/17/98
    07/25/98, 07/02/04
    11/11/04, 10/10/07
    03/09/12, 03/30/12

David Lee Roth shows attended:
    07/24/91, 05/29/02 - opening night
    09/06/03

Sammy Hagar shows:
    07/19/97, 06/04/99
    01/05/01, 09/09/01
    05/29/02 - opening night
    07/23/03, 07/04/06

Good Enough
    Favorite VH Song

Drop Dead Legs
    Last Online

01.06.12 @ 02:10 PM
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

2 stories:

we left our chocolate lab, Tori, home one day, uncrated. we had a thunderstorm, she freaked out and decided that the down comforter would distract her and save her from the scary thunder & lightning. We came home to a ba-zillion feathers everywhere in every room. It looked like a snow globe or massive pillow fight gone awry. I was so mad at her but felt so bad that she got scared.
    She made up for it by giving us that "I'm such a naughty doggy" smile - you know the one where they bare their teeth but aren't being aggresive.

Next - my uncle is a veterinarian - he had a client that brought his 2 chesapeake bay retrievers in. I checked him in and saw he had a black eye, swollen nose and 3 stitches above his eyebrow. I thought he'd been in a car accident or got his ass beat.

I heard him telling my uncle that he was getting into the shower a few days earlier and he leaned over to unstop the drain, both dogs bolted in to the bathroom and one "nosed" him in the heiny, the other ran into the first dog full speed.... he went face first into the built in soap holder and then landed on the floor of the tub. It was apparently an old tub - you know the porcelien ones- Lots of blood was spilled

He was not too keen on sharing his story at the ER that day but his wife made him go
    Model Citizen, Zero Discipline

"***"...now please take off my VanHalen t-shirt, before you jinx the band and they break up..." (The wedding singer)"

*Thanks SNIC for my AWESOME new avatar!*

Favorite VH Album

VH 1
    Favorite VH Song

ATBL
    Last Online

12.14.17 @ 06:23 PM
    Liked 278 Times in 100 Posts

Donor

My wife and I got a 1 year old husky (we were told she was 3) last summer for a buddy for our 8 year old husky mix. Well, after a few months of crate training (I don't like using a crate and she was only in it while we were gone) she was well enough behaved outside to be outside the crate all day, but confined to two rooms-our living room and dining room. We had no problems for 3 or 4 months...so I finally packed the crate up and got it out of the house. Well the next day, I get home from work and she had dragged out sofa away from the wall and into the middle of the room (about 4 or so feet) and our overstuffed chair from the other wall to the middle of the room. All that remained were frames and a tremendous pile of stuffing and fabric inbetween the pieces of furniture. With Sami (she came with the name) on her back with a crazed look in her blue eyes.
    I put the crate back in the house.
    Last edited by EVHWolf; 07.22.08 at 11:23 AM.
    For Unlawful Carnal Knowledge the New England Fucking Patriots, Dallas Fucking Cowboys, New York Fucking Giants, Washington Fucking Redskins, Carolina Fucking Panthers, Tampa Bay Fucking Bucs, Florida Fucking Marlins, Atlanta Fucking Braves, New York Fucking Mets, Boston Fucking Red Sox, Boston Fucking Bruins, and New Jersey Fucking Devils.

( . Y . ) Boobs!

\m/ \m/
    / / v \ \

Favorite VH Song

"Dance The Night Away"
    Last Online

12.15.17 @ 05:35 PM
    Liked 1,350 Times in 926 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by fletch5150 View Post
    I have a three year old shar-pei. We got her from the pound and tried to keep her in the basement when were gone. We let her have the whole place. One night I came home from work after she had been alone for 2 hours she met me at the door. When I went to the basement to see how she got out I found the door knob on the floor along with chunks of the door. All 35 pounds of her broke the door!!! After I took it all in we made eye contact and I know she was thinking "Haha. Try again"! I wanted to change her name to Hooch.
    When we got the maltese, we lived in an apartment. So my mom put a very large suitcase in the doorway between the carpeted living room and the linoleumed kitchen, where he was given free reign while we were gone during the day. So we come home at night, and the pup's still in the kitchen, but there's a mess in the living room! So I leave the suitcase in place and go sit in the living room. I'll be damned if that little dog (he weighed around 10 pounds when he was full grown!) didn't jump up on top of that suitcase, and then jump down onto the other side. Just can't shortchange "dog smarts".

Baluchitherium
    Favorite VH Album

Favorite VH Song

They're all great!
    Last Online

Liked 5 Times in 2 Posts

Donor

a friend of mine bought a (scuse the spelling) piranean mountain dog for his son, the damn thing was the size of a horse and when it stood on its hind legs it was taller than me and i'm 6'2", anyway my friend went out one day leaving the dog with the house to itself, which he did regularly, and on his return he discovered the dog had eaten his new leather couch, all that remained was the wooden frame, which had been well chewed, and some of the stuffing!
    needless to say the dog was re-homed quite soon afterwards, with his ex-wife!

And with that I'm off to the kitchen to make myself a lesbian omelette...LLFHS in response to one of Graeme's post's

"The anal beads may have scarred SNIC for life. That guy is tough as fucking nails!! No normal guy could take anal beads to the head and survive! "...OLO on SNIC's near death experience at TLW

"I'm a 45-year-old man, and I still like to wear a thong or a speedo when I go swimming.
    Not because I have a great body, it's just an easy way to make sure I have the hotel swimming pool all to myself."...Bullwinkle for quite obvious reasons!

"Dude, the cashier gave me the creepiest sneer when he rang up my unmentionables!"...Sassy Lassy during a Facebook conversation!

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Somebody Get Me A Doctor
    Last Online

11.25.17 @ 05:23 PM
    Liked 7 Times in 4 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by billy007 View Post
    Just can't shortchange "dog smarts".
    My wife and I took guessed that was her way of telling us that she didn't want to be locked in a room when we weren't home. We gave her the whole house the next day and she has not done anything like this.
    Van Halen shows attended:
    08/21/91, 06/29/93
    08/02/93, 04/22/95
    07/18/95, 05/17/98
    07/25/98, 07/02/04
    11/11/04, 10/10/07
    03/09/12, 03/30/12

David Lee Roth shows attended:
    07/24/91, 05/29/02 - opening night
    09/06/03

Sammy Hagar shows:
    07/19/97, 06/04/99
    01/05/01, 09/09/01
    05/29/02 - opening night
    07/23/03, 07/04/06

Baluchitherium
    Favorite VH Album

Favorite VH Song

They're all great!
    Last Online

Liked 5 Times in 2 Posts

Donor

my wife just walked in and reminded me of one very funny thing my dog did a while ago....
    my dog is an english springer spaniel and ever since she was a pup i've worked her and trained her as a gun dog...and a damn fine one she is too, never once has she damaged a bird or rabbit etc while we were out "working". but one of the drawbacks of living in the english countryside is the constant "visits" we get from various forms of wildlife...anything from field mice to fox's..one day while i was at work, the rain was pouring down, so my wife in her most energetic decided just to let the dog out in the garden to take a poop.....5 miutes later, my dog returned with a very live and very upset pheasant in her mouth (the dog just walked into the house as the wife had left the door open) which she decided to present to my wife as a gift, in the lounge!!!!...needless to say there was much screaming, feathers were flying and there was poop from the bird(and quite possibly the wife) all over the house, and my wife being the brave soul that she is got my then 7 year old daughter to hit it over the head and remove it from the house. it did make a wonderful sunday dinner though, and yes the dog did have some.

Last Online

11.06.14 @ 05:13 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by tommywho5150 View Post
    needless to say there was much screaming, feathers were flying and there was poop from the bird(and quite possibly the wife) all over the house
    I swear, it's like I'm playin' cards with my brother's kids or somethin'. You nerve-wrackin' sons-a-bitches.

Favorite VH Album

Favorite VH Song

Humans Being
    Last Online

11.25.14 @ 09:53 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Premium Member

We had a dog named Whipper was I was in college/h.s. She was the best dog we ever had. She loved to ride in a vehicle and was allways eager to get out and explore-except when we went to the vet. For obvious dog reasons she locked up and didn't want to go in. So one day we are in there and she's sitting in front of me all nervous. I smell gas (i.e. a fart) and it was strong. I blew it off-literally and figuratively-when I smelt it again. Then I heard a low squeak come from Whipper, then the stank. Obviously, my dog was nervous and farting b/c of the vet. The only problem was her farts kept getting louder and louder. Finally, the old man across from me asks, "Bringing your dog in for a gas problem are you?"
    LSU Tigers 2003 & 2007 National Champs
    Detroit Pistons 2004 NBA Champs

If looks could kill, I'd stare at everybody!

Middle of Tornado/earthquake alley.... so confused!!!
    Favorite VH Album

F.U.C.K
    Favorite VH Song

Poundcake
    Last Online

07.22.17 @ 01:18 PM
    Liked 8 Times in 2 Posts

Donor

Quote Originally Posted by tommywho5150 View Post
    a friend of mine bought a (scuse the spelling) piranean mountain dog for his son, the damn thing was the size of a horse and when it stood on its hind legs it was taller than me and i'm 6'2", anyway my friend went out one day leaving the dog with the house to itself, which he did regularly, and on his return he discovered the dog had eaten his new leather couch, all that remained was the wooden frame, which had been well chewed, and some of the stuffing!
    needless to say the dog was re-homed quite soon afterwards, with his ex-wife!
    Well this was taken right after we got our 2 very sweet baby beagles.. Sadie and Scooter. We had to make an Alcatraz like room for them to stay in during the day.. but they figured out how to get into the room with the sofa... and yes there are puddles of pee and poop in the pics you see..

I can think of this as funny because that sofa was going in the garbage anyway because this was right before we were going to be moving. The pups are almost 8 months old now and doing much better in the new house! No more chewing! They have turned out to be some of the best dogs we have had!

Scooter

Sadie...
    http://www.myspace.com/texaschic22
    It's private.. but if you at least say who you are from VH links I will add ya!