Favorite VH Album

ALL
    Favorite VH Song

ALL
    Last Online

04.24.17 @ 11:10 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

My New Life

Alot could be learned for what I have gone through in the past 20 years, I really haven't had much time to think about it or how I was going to word it, but here it goes.

And by the way mods you can put where ever you would like, I really didn't know if there was a place for this:

As you know my name is Eddie: I recently relocated to the Bay Area in CA because of a new job. All is going great and I couldnt aske for anything more. The last 20 years was a huge challenge and what direction I really wanted to go with my life. In 1996, I won custody of both my Boys after my ex put them in foster homes. I attended college and got my JD and practiced family law for about 6 years. The kicker to that is that was something I wanted to do, but my ex forbid it because of the young attractive women there ( I was only 20) Well, while searching for sucess, my father gets me a job in the Corrugating Box Industry as a Corrugator Operator making sheets before they get converted into a box. IE Crate and barrel, Uhaul, produce boxes:
    Well while doing this, I am was in the Military serving proudly in the United States Army 101st Air Assualt/Airborne Division Reservist. During that era I served in the gulf war. After that blew over, i returned to work, now married, tried to bring up a family and make it. well it didn't work out and I moved on supporting her living out of my car, hotel or dads house. At this point, I find another girl and move out with her, develop new friends at work, got in a little trouble with the law DUI, and still supporting my kids and now Two apartments. Well, I make friends with someone at work who I thought understands me, and tries to help. Boy did he ever. At this time I get summoned to go to children's court and try and get my boys out of the system. They went through 8 homes in 6 months but they were never separated. Well, one stupid particular day, I get pulled over and hauled away for a warrant. 45 days later, I come home early to find my new girlfriend getting plowed by what I thought was my best friend, so out of anger I threw both there asses in the Street the same way I found them. While I was away I lost my pride and joy, the only thing left that meant any value to my life after losing the kids my girl was my 1986 1/2 Nissan Pick up. Oh she was precious and really fixed up. Well for some apparent reason, the apt complex thought it was an abanned car, so it got towed, impounded, sold to an auto auction to pick apart then crushed I later learned. Well if shit didn't get worse, I go to work one day, and they have a plant wide meeting and shut the company down after 40 years. My dad walks out pissed after 20 years of loyalty and I walk out with a severance packing after 6 years. Well, now I have no job, no girl, no best friend, no car, and now no kids and soon no apartment. Well I go and fight for my kids and now moved in with my family. This becomes a long drowned out court battle because my ex decides that crystal meth won't keep her stupid ass straight. I eventuly won and got sole custody and my ex is still serving time over there entire child hood. Both boys are now 18 and 16. Well, around 2002, My firm decides it's ready to fold, it was my paralegal firm that I opened up, and I get a call from an old friend back in the box plant days. He offers me a position and I take. I didn't miss a beat, I jumped right back in the mix and all was good, until my father had his stroke. Still living at home, I am now raising my kids and taking care of my dad and working. 2004 comes around and I am driving by this car dealear ship and find a 96 Nissan p/u. I bought it on the spot. fix it up, stripped it out getting ready for the now reunion tour with sammy. Some of you may remember the Staples show with the banner I had made that Sammy sported for a while. Well, after the first of the year, Tragically I lost my father to a hemoragic stroke, and life was different. I wasn't the same for about 6 months. My job was going good still, but that part of my life was over. At the time I was currently a record breaker on a machine to this day no one has still broken. I took that company to 465 days of accident free. But sometime in the middle of august of 06 I get a call from an old boss that took over the plant that shut down where me and my dad worked. He offers me more money and I take it. But uncertain of how I am going to quit. Management at the time was really screwing us over with overtime and 7 days a week. My boss at the time promised me a management position but didn't say when. He like the other 6 or 7 guys that stuck together kissed ass to the top. I had the chance but refused. So I decide to call in and say I am going to take a leave of abscense. My boss calls me and says no i can't take one and responded to him the overtime is killing me and what happened to moving up. his response was how about I put you on 8 hours, graveyard and on a different machine. I responded with You Know What that sucks F*(&K YOU I QUIT!!! and hung up. I take the new job only working there about 3 days and thought, OH MAN! this Place SUCKS tOO. I called my new boss, which in turn is my dear friend and said I am going to seek my entertainment elsewhere. Licking my wounds, I called my old boss and explain to him I made a mistake can I come back. He respondes he would have to think about it. I agree and he replies it's going to take him about a month to think about it. I replied to him like What DO YOU HAVE TO THINK ABOUT? he replies the way I quit wasn't cool. I replied, "YOU KNOW WHAT F*(&*K YOU, I QUIT AGAIN!!! and hung up. Well, I go back to my new old job and get it back. Things rolling smooth for awhile until one Monday morning out on the patio, this angel walks before me. Now, mind you, one of my dads last words is he was going to send me an angel, cause he never liked any of my girlfriends. My boss turns to me, while i am watering the patio and says those rocks ain't going to grow. As I watched her, I told my boss, I AM GOING TO MARRY THAT GIRL. 1 week later, I sent her a dozen of Equadorian Roses with some stuff. For Valentines Day, I sent her a gift basket with a letter and about 1000.00 in women stuff, gift cards Victoria Secrets, Macy's every major store gift card I could find. About I week went by and now we are dating. Well, it's never good to date a co-worker so it was hard not talk to her, but the rest of the idiots there made sure they harrassed her. I think one got fired because of it. Well, things really got hard even though most of our time was after work or on the weekend to tolerate any more. So I get home one day and my old job offers me higher pay and better hours. I agree and before I had a chance to resign, my job had my resignation papers waiting for me. My girl says to me she will see me later and good luck and when I go to report My job tells they don't need me after all. Now ain't that some shit! Two jobs in one day in the blink of an eye. Several months later, my life takes another twist and I am offered a job from the company my dad was forced to retire due to his stroke but in the bay area San Fransisco CA. They offer me 96K a year and I get the job within a week. A week later I get my retirment papers from the US ARMY for doing 20 years. All in between all of this I still make it to Cabo San Lucas once a year since 96. Well, after getting my blessing from my boys, my mom, my girl to do this. I hit the ground running. I stayed at the Hilton for about 80 days that the company paid for till I found my pad, My girl comes up for good in a week, I have my new job ( that respects me) that believes i can walk on water, my truck ( I call it 96 Melt Down cause of the blue flames) with me again, My kids are grown, and a new life. Like I said, The first day I set eyes on her, I said I was going to marry her, and come December 26 near the Hacienda in Cabo San Lucas, we will profess our love and exchange vows. I have already bought her wedding gift from me as we will be driving home. Theres no way in the world i would change of this, but it was a learning experience. Now, it's about time, and you know what, I played alot of Van Halen during those trying times and to this day, all era's included 1,2,and 3 were along side with me. Now I am standing on top of the world but not just for alittle while, this life is for keeps. Bless you all, and I hope to meet some of you some day.
    All songs written and performed by:

Edward Van Halen: Lead Guitars, Backround vocals
    Sammy Hagar: Lead Vocals, Acoustic/Guitars
    Michael Anthony: Bass/ Backround Vocals
    Alex Van Halen: Drums/Percussions/Back Vocals
    Sammy Hagars solos available on Geffen
    Special Thanks to: Valerie, Wolfie, Sue, Kari,Claudio for introducing the RedRocker to us Al's Harem and kids, Elisha, Taylor, Kama/ all the fans past and present: all recordings done at "5150" where else! A nod and wink to Ed Leffler.
    Irving Azoff/ All the staff at Warner Bros. past and present/ Gary Cherone for giving his all/ David Lee Roth for getting us there and oh yea Ray Daniels, for keeping the bathrooms clean during all the performances. Oh yea, your fucking check is in the mail and next time you whip your bullshit on us again, where taking your ass to Cabo and pounding mud up your ass till you cough up sand for the loss of 8 years. nuff said, IT"S 5150 TIME

Favorite VH Album

Favorite VH Song

Humans Being,5150,WhenIt'sLove
    Last Online

08.08.17 @ 07:44 PM
    Liked 18 Times in 2 Posts

Donor

Wow, what a read! I wish you only the best in your new life. No doubt there will be times when things get tough but you've been through so much and you know this already. I've always said that if you're feeling down about your life, it helps to hear about someone else's struggles. It puts things in perspective and helps you to realize that everyone is going through something that is causing heartache and sleepless nights. My hope is that those days and nights are few and far between in your future.

So, I offer you this toast: "May the best day of your past be the worst day of your future."

Best of luck to you!
    Meet me in Cabo!

Favorite VH Album

OU812
    Favorite VH Song

Drop Dead Legs
    Last Online

08.08.17 @ 07:08 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Thanks for posting that. Things always seem to work out if you have a little faith, and just keep going in the best direction you can. My life the past couple yrs have been pretty bad....easily the worst years of my life. I had a grandfather die, seen my grandmother decline mentally, got my heart broken, lost several dear friends, extreme stress dealing with balancing work, school and helping my mother who could barely walk..alcohol abuse, a DUI, totaling a car as a result of drinking, and 10 days in jail.

There were a lot of times when I wanted to roll over and die...to just give up. I forced myself to continue in the best direction I could go in..even though at the time, I literally hated life, and myself. I knew that things would work out... Going through all that stuff has made me a much stronger person, and much more confident in facing life. I now know, that when something minor happens in life, to view it as minor. I worked through HUGE problems; everything else almost seems easy. Life is fun now. My relationship with my family is the strongest it's ever been, I worked through school despite everything that was going on (getting my bachelors degree). I'm now considering graduate schools, and I landed an awesome job with a great company. I'm looking forward to the future...I'll be able to look back, and use the past for help.

Things do work out, like your story demonstrates...all ya gotta do is "keep on keeping on"

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Unchained
    Last Online

12.12.17 @ 10:08 PM
    Liked 84 Times in 35 Posts

Thanks for posting that C5A1B500. Your post is proff that God only gives you what you can handle.

Best of luck to you man!!!
    ((Just My Two Cents))
    And thats about what its worth.

Good Enough
    Favorite VH Song

Drop Dead Legs
    Last Online

01.06.12 @ 02:10 PM
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Thanks for posting.... I think we all have struggles in life, some more than others and all are different. It shows that no matter what life tosses at you, you just keep going..... all's well that ends well..... take care & keep us posted!
    Model Citizen, Zero Discipline

"***"...now please take off my VanHalen t-shirt, before you jinx the band and they break up..." (The wedding singer)"

*Thanks SNIC for my AWESOME new avatar!*

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Hear About It Later
    Last Online

12.06.17 @ 06:36 AM
    Liked 119 Times in 56 Posts

Premium Member

Donor

All the best to you, man. I guess things still do get better.

I needed a little encouragement from something like this , and.....well, anyway, thanks.

Favorite VH Album

5150, Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Dance The Night Away, Dreams
    Last Online

11.02.17 @ 09:45 PM
    Liked 28 Times in 9 Posts

Wow, talk about perseverance! A pretty inspiring story. I hope to get my shit together someday.
    "Viking - last to sleep, first to rise, last to leave, that's how the Nords of old rocked the house." ~ timmac in the 'Texas Linkers' thread talking about yours truly. :-)

Favorite VH Album

ALL
    Favorite VH Song

ALL
    Last Online

04.24.17 @ 11:10 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Thanks for the nice and thoughtfull gestures. It really means alot to me. In all honesty, I think relocation helped alot. Starting over and bringing what really mattered to me. I remember watching the DVD or rather listening to it on my DVD player in my truck "Things have Changed" by Sammy Hagar while driving up there. I mean you really gather alot of things in your mind through music and how you and you yourself is what's going to make it happen. You need to change your tune. Your the only one that can create your own destiny. It's your choice that path that you follow. When I first got to the Bay area, I set my standards really high. I mean to the point where it would make me or break me. But, My new crew, friends that I met along the way, co-workers and such made me feel like I belonged. Mind you, back home made me feel the same way. I just somehow burned it out. I mean the first day I got here I went straight to the Golden Gate Bridge. It was as beautiful as all the pictures I had seen. The People unbelievably nice and kind. The atmosphere was that of a dream. I called my girl immediatly from the Hilton and said, "Babe, whatever it takes, I want you here" I did take notice that as soon as I left every sweat hog was either hitting on her, or harrassing her. No one at the other facility could believe what I had achieved. It was the ultimate HIGH. After only being here 3 months, I am pleased to say, that my current job is grooming me to be Corrugator Superintendent. To achieve that made me relize that the sky is the limits. Since that, I am proud to say I put up a challenge for all three shifts. " A Steak and Crab Shoot Out". The next crew to break the current records will get that a record breaking shirt, a banner with all there names on it and a dinner. Well within a two weeks The 3rd shift crew broke the Linneal Record and My shift broke the Tons record. I was more than Happy for these guys, because it proved my point, everything is achievable and within reach, if you want it that bad. Having Hit goal for the dept and now this happening, I told everyone back home and my girl. They are my cheering section. But the kicker was during all the planning trying to get my girl up here, I have to believe she does bring out the best in me. In a lot of different ways I can't explain. Now don't get me wrong, I am self motivator, but she takes me to a different level. On the other hand, I know I got my "Pops" watching over me. I can feel it. Like I said she arrives this Weekend, and well are reservations are in Carmel, where I will be giving her something I have had since I said I was going to marry. I have it all planned out, and she doesn't know a thing. Just that were getting married in December. It's hard to believe all those nites in the Hotel and every nite I would wonder when I would put that ring on her finger. I Starred at everday when I got home. I knew if I ever wanted this to go somewhere, I would have to leave and leed the way. Well, as it turns out, it payed off. I am always bragging about the TEXAS LINKERS WEEKEND and the peeps I have talked to here at VHLINKS. She thinks it's cool. I set her up with the same music i listened to while I was coming up here. Here favs now out of all of them are Dream is Over, Top of the World , Ain't talkin bout love both eras most of 1984. She understand's the effect of music and why I choose to listen to the boys so much. It's inspirational. If you know what I mean. Well, for now, I have to get back to work. For now I will continue to make dreams come true and await my beautiful bride to be. Stay strong linkers, I have faith in you. Since we are equal and the same.
    Peace out!
    All songs written and performed by:

Edward Van Halen: Lead Guitars, Backround vocals
    Sammy Hagar: Lead Vocals, Acoustic/Guitars
    Michael Anthony: Bass/ Backround Vocals
    Alex Van Halen: Drums/Percussions/Back Vocals
    Sammy Hagars solos available on Geffen
    Special Thanks to: Valerie, Wolfie, Sue, Kari,Claudio for introducing the RedRocker to us Al's Harem and kids, Elisha, Taylor, Kama/ all the fans past and present: all recordings done at "5150" where else! A nod and wink to Ed Leffler.
    Irving Azoff/ All the staff at Warner Bros. past and present/ Gary Cherone for giving his all/ David Lee Roth for getting us there and oh yea Ray Daniels, for keeping the bathrooms clean during all the performances. Oh yea, your fucking check is in the mail and next time you whip your bullshit on us again, where taking your ass to Cabo and pounding mud up your ass till you cough up sand for the loss of 8 years. nuff said, IT"S 5150 TIME