Favorite VH Album

Van Halen? What site is this?
    Favorite VH Song

Rare demo: They peed on my Rug
    Last Online

11.09.08 @ 08:18 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Default Need help with Dtuna issue.

Okay, jsut got my EXP in the mail. Everything seems fine cept one prob.

The *switch* that drops the low E to D is missing. Soooo, the low E won't stay in tune. I have emailed the seller, haven't heard back yet, but it's very early in the game.

Is this a huge fix, a big problem or.....? Can I just pick up a part somewhere hopefully for not much and take care of it?

You guys are a great resource. Thanks in advance.

God, I have forgotten how good Wolf's play and feel. The sustain is forever,and the neck is as sweet as I remember, and the quilt on the EXP looks better than I remember. Why did I ever let some of those standards I owned go?

Thanks again guys.

Good Enough
    Favorite VH Album

Balance
    Last Online

10.26.16 @ 03:37 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

You mean basically the main part of the Dtuna -- the chrome metal tube that slides in and out?

If it is just that, you'll probably have to pick up an entire Dtuna to get that part -- but they are about $40, so no biggie.

Favorite VH Album

Favorite VH Song

Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Thanks MRJ. What about installing it? I've never done one, any issues there? Or what should it cost for a pro to do it?

Good Enough
    Favorite VH Album

Balance
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

You shouldn't need a pro to do it -- if you can change your strings, you can put on a Dtuna. Whenever you get the part, (or entirely new one), you take off the black string anchor screw (the one that you loosen on the back of the Floyd to replace the strings). Then you slide the Dtuna with spring inside it over screw from the front end and put the screw back on. That's it. Once you do that, then get it in tune using the little set screw on the Dtuna.

Last Online

12.10.17 @ 03:57 PM
    Liked 22 Times in 15 Posts

Ya know what? The d-tuna is pretty cool and all, but it's really not necessary on the Wolfgang. The fine tuners on the Peavey Floyds have more than enough range to go from E to D. Plus it only takes a few seconds to screw in or out. No need to unclamp. Just screw it in about 3/4 of the way before tuning. Tune to E and clamp. There should be plenty of room to get down to D. If my d-tuna broke, I wouldn't worry about replacing it, but that's just me.

Favorite VH Album

Favorite VH Song

Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Hey, BJK, that sounds great. Honestly like I've said I've owned many wolf's...don't really care about the Dtuna much. But with the *Switch* gone are you saying all I have to do is tighten down the clamp on the back side of the floyd? I tightened it a bit, but the low E still goes out. Should I put more pressure on the locking screw?

Sorry if this sound stupid....I always love to play...not to big of a fan working on guitars. Guess I should be but....

Good Enough
    Favorite VH Album

Balance
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

You can go from E to D within the range of the Floyd's fine tuner -- but you may need a standard locking screw on the back to get your Low E string saddle/tuner to work properly, since the Dtuna uses an extra long anchor screw.

I'm not understanding why your E string keeps "going out" since I can't see it. Could you explain what is happening to it?
    Just tighten down the rear string anchor screw onto the end of the string to hold it in place like you do when you change the strings. Then, while tuning the guitar with the locking nut UNCLAMPED tighten the fine tuner most of the way in towards the body of the guitar, and then tune the guitar with the neck tuners like normal. Clamp the locking nut and fine tune as needed, and by then, the fine tuner on your low E string should be in so far you can back it off right down to a D.

Last Online

12.10.17 @ 03:57 PM
    Liked 22 Times in 15 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by The Dude View Post
    Hey, BJK, that sounds great. Honestly like I've said I've owned many wolf's...don't really care about the Dtuna much. But with the *Switch* gone are you saying all I have to do is tighten down the clamp on the back side of the floyd? I tightened it a bit, but the low E still goes out. Should I put more pressure on the locking screw?

Sorry if this sound stupid....I always love to play...not to big of a fan working on guitars. Guess I should be but....
    No, I'm talking about at the nut. Tune the guitar like normal with the tuning pegs. Just make sure the fine tuner has plenty of room to back out before you lock it with the allen wrench.