Van Halen
    Favorite VH Song

Runnin' With The Devil
    Last Online

06.20.12 @ 10:40 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Default how's my brown sound?

http://www.toofiles.com/en/oip/audio...recording.html

playing is so-so but i think ive finally gotten that first album tone down...
    It is not an understatement to say that if a person ate a bowl of alphabet soup, they would shit better lyrics. -lmr5150 on Up For Breakfast

Give him the "secret devil sign", stick out your tongue and hiss like a demon while bellowing out THE DARKNESS WILL ENVELOPE THY SOUL AND FEAST OF THY FLESH, INFIDEL!!!!! Then gouge a pentagram in your forehead with a nail file. -LowLifeFlatHeadScum

A recent study shows 92% of the teenage population likes rap music. If you are part of the 8% who listen to real music, put this as your sig.

Quote Originally Posted by graeme View Post
    DipscheisßeBuchseAffenkönnennichtFotzeBleistiftdic kBettnässenzurückgebliebeMutterficker.

Good Enough
    Favorite VH Album

Balance
    Last Online

10.26.16 @ 03:37 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

I can't download it -- there is some kind of server error

Favorite VH Album

Van Halen
    Favorite VH Song

Runnin' With The Devil
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

ok im working on it.
    It is not an understatement to say that if a person ate a bowl of alphabet soup, they would shit better lyrics. -lmr5150 on Up For Breakfast

Give him the "secret devil sign", stick out your tongue and hiss like a demon while bellowing out THE DARKNESS WILL ENVELOPE THY SOUL AND FEAST OF THY FLESH, INFIDEL!!!!! Then gouge a pentagram in your forehead with a nail file. -LowLifeFlatHeadScum

A recent study shows 92% of the teenage population likes rap music. If you are part of the 8% who listen to real music, put this as your sig.

DipscheisßeBuchseAffenkönnennichtFotzeBleistiftdic kBettnässenzurückgebliebeMutterficker.

Favorite VH Album

Van Halen
    Favorite VH Song

Runnin' With The Devil
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

wow this is tough.

Favorite VH Album

Van Halen
    Favorite VH Song

Runnin' With The Devil
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Good Enough
    Favorite VH Album

Balance
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Sounds pretty good man, what's your setup?

Eruption
    Last Online

07.04.12 @ 08:16 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

That shit aint bad!
    If I played like that, Id never leave the house.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "Talent is God Given, But Success is Hard Work"

www.ronscustomguitars.com

Favorite VH Album

Van Halen
    Favorite VH Song

Runnin' With The Devil
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by mrjstudios View Post
    Sounds pretty good man, what's your setup?
    take a guess.

Good Enough
    Favorite VH Album

Balance
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by hotforteacher921 View Post
    take a guess.
    Ok....

It sounds like a pretty authentic EVH - Marshall kind of sound, don't get me wrong -- but it is clearly a solid state amp. Maybe one of the newer Marshall SS amps? Or maybe one of the other NOT LINE 6 SS amps out there that has a decent tube emulation circuit? It also sounds like you have a much smoother mids boost than a normal amp's tone stack can achieve -- especially a solid state (and therefore, cheaper) amp-- so perhaps a EQ in a 'frown' or a distortion stomp box with some finer tuning knobs on it (or one that has a nice natural mids boost to its sound?

Then it sounds like some reverb and delay thrown in.

For guitar, I would guess something with a nice medium output HB in the bridge position -- but other than that I have no idea.

How close was I? Anyway, nice demo man -- you'll fool the average concertgoer with that EVH tone anyway, so great job!

Favorite VH Album

Van Halen
    Favorite VH Song

Runnin' With The Devil
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Ok....

It sounds like a pretty authentic EVH - Marshall kind of sound, don't get me wrong -- but it is clearly a solid state amp. Maybe one of the newer Marshall SS amps? Or maybe one of the other NOT LINE 6 SS amps out there that has a decent tube emulation circuit? It also sounds like you have a much smoother mids boost than a normal amp's tone stack can achieve -- especially a solid state (and therefore, cheaper) amp-- so perhaps a EQ in a 'frown' or a distortion stomp box with some finer tuning knobs on it (or one that has a nice natural mids boost to its sound?

Then it sounds like some reverb and delay thrown in.

For guitar, I would guess something with a nice medium output HB in the bridge position -- but other than that I have no idea.

How close was I? Anyway, nice demo man -- you'll fool the average concertgoer with that EVH tone anyway, so great job!
    holy shit, you have some good ears, mrj!! im running my homemade frankenstein (Duncan Custom in the bridge) through a BOSS GE-7 (mid boost) through a BOSS OS-2 (very little drive, level maxed, tone around 2:00, color about 10:00) through my BOSS DD-3, into my Marshall MG30DFX (very low gain) with some reverb on it. its a shame this is only the internet, you deserve some type of prize!

Good Enough
    Favorite VH Album

Balance
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by hotforteacher921 View Post
    holy shit, you have some good ears, mrj!! im running my homemade frankenstein (Duncan Custom in the bridge) through a BOSS GE-7 (mid boost) through a BOSS OS-2 (very little drive, level maxed, tone around 2:00, color about 10:00) through my BOSS DD-3, into my Marshall MG30DFX (very low gain) with some reverb on it. its a shame this is only the internet, you deserve some type of prize!
    Thanks man. I'm a tone freak (I think it's a sickness) so it's what I do .

If it makes you feel any better, my friend has a MG30DFX, so I have heard it first hand -- maybe that is why I was kinda able to 'spot' it. But seriously, you'll fool most people with that tone -- it is very close to the VHI tone, especially since you have a NO TUBE setup! Great job.

Favorite VH Album

Van Halen
    Favorite VH Song

Runnin' With The Devil
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Thanks man. I'm a tone freak (I think it's a sickness) so it's what I do .

If it makes you feel any better, my friend has a MG30DFX, so I have heard it first hand -- maybe that is why I was kinda able to 'spot' it. But seriously, you'll fool most people with that tone -- it is very close to the VHI tone, especially since you have a NO TUBE setup! Great job.
    thanks! i have spent many hours on metroamp and various websites looking for info to get this sound. its an art form...

Good Enough
    Favorite VH Album

Balance
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

If you ever wanna get closer to the real setup (equipment wise), or if you can't figure something out in the "VH1 signal chain", give me a pm.

Favorite VH Album

Van Halen II
    Last Online

08.07.17 @ 08:14 PM
    Liked 313 Times in 149 Posts

Donor

Before critiquing the first album tone, I gotta say, for all the stuff you're using, it doesn't sound too processed... That is definitely a good thing.

Pretty damned good tone even though it slightly lacks the warmth of a tube. A little more "fuzzy" distortion and a little compression would be beneficial for the first album's sound as well...
    Jet City Super Stealth
    Marshall 50th Anniversary JCM-1H and Class 5 Combo
    Austin Speaker Works KTS-60

Top Of The World
    Last Online

12.14.09 @ 03:10 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Wow I am jealous. I have a MG30DFX as a practice amp and I can't coax a good tone out of the damn thing. It doesn't help that I think the speaker is blown, but damn. I might just have to buy some pedals.