Favorite VH Album

Complete Zero
    Favorite VH Song

Lets Get Rockin
    Last Online

Yesterday @ 04:58 AM
    Liked 1,992 Times in 781 Posts

Donor

We moved in to a new house about 5 years ago on the outskirts of town. The house is in the woods at the end of a 500 foot driveway. Shortly after moving in we had an incident where our alarm went off in the middle of the day. My wife and I were at work, kids at school. The alarm company called to let me know there was a breach on one of the doors and they notified the police. I left work right away and headed home. I work about 10 minutes from home. Needless to say I got there 5 minutes before the police. It was a really windy day and the wind blew against a double set of doors enough to move the sensor and trip the alarm. The doors just weren't latched properly the last time they were opened. My point of the story is you can't count on the police to show up in a timely fashion to save your ass. I realize there is a very low probability that I'll ever need to use my gun on an intruder but it's the piece of mind of having it. There is always a loaded handgun within a foot of my bed when I'm in it, otherwise I am always carrying. It's second nature at this point, no different than making sure I have my wallet, keys, glasses etc. when I get ready to head out in the morning. The funny thing is about 2 years ago I put a sign up about 50 feet up our driveway that says "This property protected by 2nd Amendment Security". I think this sign has stopped more people than anything. I've had Amazon delivery drivers call me up from the bottom of the driveway to make sure it's okay that they can come up to the house. My normal UPS/Fed Ex drivers have commented on it and like it. The reason I put up the sign was to mostly deter the nosey people that wanted to see what was at the end of the driveway in the woods. It worked.
    Now, with all this pandemic bullshit going on we in CT like most of the country have had all non essential stores closed. At first and to my surprise our Democrat Governor allowed gun stores to stay open, until a few days ago. Now, thanks to his umpteenth special resolution from now until May 15 you have to make an appointment to get in to the gun stores. I know most people who don't own guns don't understand why that's a big deal but it is to me and here's why. Being a gun owner I like to practice. Practice takes ammo. When all the idiots started hording toilet paper the same idiots started hording ammo. Drives me crazy. Now I have to limit my personal training because I can't get 9mm ammo anywhere now. I have a decent amount in the house but 3 trips to the range and it's all gone. Just my .02.
    I used to jog but the ice cubes kept falling out of my glass.

Atomic Punk
    Favorite VH Album

The Magnificent 7
    Last Online

Today @ 10:40 AM
    Liked 21,366 Times in 12,386 Posts

Trump Admin Names Gun Makers, Retailers Essential Businesses Nationwide

AWR Hawkins 28 Mar 2020

President Trump’s Department of Homeland Security released updated guidelines naming gun manufacturers and retailers as essential on Saturday, which means they are to stay open and operational nationwide during a Chinese coronavirus shutdown.

The DHS guidelines list as essential:

Workers supporting the manufacturing of safety equipment and uniforms for law enforcement, public safety personnel, and first responders.

Workers supporting the operation of firearm or ammunition product manufacturers, retailers, importers, distributors, and shooting ranges.

The Second Amendment Foundation’s Alan Gottlieb commented on the DHS declaration, saying, “Every freedom loving American owes President Trump and his administration a very big thank you for protecting our Second Amendment Rights. This is another Trump promise made and promise kept.”

The DHS declaration comes just days after Governor Phil Murphy (D) laughed in the face of a man who expressed concern that the statewide shutdown in New Jersey had put an end to gun sales, thereby eliminating the ability to get a firearm for self-defense.

Breitbart News reported the concerned man asking Murphy, “If less guns reduce crime, will you give up your personal bodyguards?”

Murphy responded by intimating that he and the citizen had a philosophical difference in the role guns play, with the governor believing “a safer society has fewer guns, not more guns. And the guns that do exist are in the hands of the right people — particularly trained members of law enforcement.”

The governor then giggled, referenced an armed law enforcement member next to him, and said, “It is what it is.”

https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2...es-nationwide/
     "He has a swaggering retro machismo that will give hives to the Steinem cabal" -Camille Paglia on Donald Trump

"But, fucking with Brook is like fucking with hot shit on and ax handle. You just don't get a grip"-track5

"Make way for the bad guy"- Tony Montana

'This hamburger don't need no helper"- David Lee Roth

"I wish Bon Jovi would've given me a call before he recorded all of his hits, because the lyrics would've been smarter, the melodies would've been much more smashing, and they would've sold a lot fewer records." -David Lee Roth

"My beef is people thinking Bon Jovi is good cuz they sold lots of records to housewives." -tango

"But being number one doesn’t really mean jack fuck all. We sold twice as many records as other records that year (1984) that landed in the Number One position." ~Eddie Van Halen

3. The Following Member Likes This Post:

Favorite VH Album

ADKOT
    Favorite VH Song

Soul Kitchen
    Last Online

Today @ 07:28 AM
    Liked 1,863 Times in 1,236 Posts

Premium Member

Quote Originally Posted by bklynboy68 View Post
    [B] Trump Admin Names Gun Makers, Retailers Essential Businesses Nationwide

President Trump’s Department of Homeland Security released updated guidelines naming gun manufacturers and retailers as essential on Saturday, which means they are to stay open and operational nationwide during a Chinese coronavirus shutdown.

Workers supporting the manufacturing of safety equipment and uniforms for law enforcement, public safety personnel, and first responders.

Workers supporting the operation of firearm or ammunition product manufacturers, retailers, importers, distributors, and shooting ranges.[/B
    "I'm the opposite of Bill Cosby. Diamond Dave always gets your approval." (DLR)

"Rawhide in "A"

Tom Brady hates tomatoes

Favorite VH Song

"Dance The Night Away"
    Last Online

Today @ 06:19 AM
    Liked 2,698 Times in 1,809 Posts

I've never been near a gun range - do any of them sell ammunition on site or is it "BYOB"?
    If you like what you see here, please click here to donate!

Atomic Punk
    Favorite VH Album

The Magnificent 7
    Last Online

Quote Originally Posted by billy007 View Post
    I've never been near a gun range - do any of them sell ammunition on site or is it "BYOB"?
    Some do.
     "He has a swaggering retro machismo that will give hives to the Steinem cabal" -Camille Paglia on Donald Trump

"But, fucking with Brook is like fucking with hot shit on and ax handle. You just don't get a grip"-track5

"I wish Bon Jovi would've given me a call before he recorded all of his hits, because the lyrics would've been smarter, the melodies would've been much more smashing, and they would've sold a lot fewer records." -David Lee Roth

"My beef is people thinking Bon Jovi is good cuz they sold lots of records to housewives." -tango

"But being number one doesn’t really mean jack fuck all. We sold twice as many records as other records that year (1984) that landed in the Number One position." ~Eddie Van Halen

Atomic Punk
    Favorite VH Album

The Magnificent 7
    Last Online

Man with concealed carry permit kills woman who allegedly began shooting at people outside shopping center

Man with concealed carry permit kills woman who allegedly began shooting at people outside shopping center

An Oklahoma man told police he fatally shot an armed woman who opened fire on customers outside a shopping center in Tulsa, Oklahoma.

Police responded to the shooting at about 6:30 p.m. Friday evening and found the woman, who has not yet been identified, dead at the scene. The man who shot her, who has also not been identified, told officers that he fatally shot her after she began shooting at customers, according to the Tulsa World.

The man had a legal permit to carry a concealed weapon and was interviewed by investigators before being released.

Video from the scene reportedly showed the woman getting into an altercation prior to the shooting and then leaving the scene. She returned to the area about three minutes later and then allegedly pulled out a gun and began opening fire.

https://www.tulsaworld.com/news/loca...86e191bd7.html

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/n...hopping-center

Why you don’t shut down gun stores during a crisis.

Favorite VH Album

like them all, no favourite
    Last Online

Today @ 10:27 AM
    Liked 13,858 Times in 7,817 Posts

An Oklahoma man told police he fatally shot an armed woman who opened fire on customers outside a shopping center in Tulsa, Oklahoma.

Police responded to the shooting at about 6:30 p.m. Friday evening and found the woman, who has not yet been identified, dead at the scene. The man who shot her, who has also not been identified, told officers that he fatally shot her after she began shooting at customers, according to the Tulsa World.

The man had a legal permit to carry a concealed weapon and was interviewed by investigators before being released.

Video from the scene reportedly showed the woman getting into an altercation prior to the shooting and then leaving the scene. She returned to the area about three minutes later and then allegedly pulled out a gun and began opening fire.

https://www.tulsaworld.com/news/loca...86e191bd7.html

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/n...hopping-center

Why you don’t shut down gun stores during a crisis.
    Double edged sword. If neither has a gone then no one is shot. But i get your point. If liquor stores are essential then gun stores certainly are.

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk

Atomic Punk
    Favorite VH Album

The Magnificent 7
    Last Online

Quote Originally Posted by It's Mike View Post
    Double edged sword. If neither has a gone then no one is shot. But i get your point. If liquor stores are essential then gun stores certainly are.

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk
    It could have been a knife or tire iron too. This woman was hell bent on hurting some people. We don’t even know if she was a legal carrier either. The man who took her down was and that’s because of our right to bear arms.

10. The Following Member Likes This Post:

Favorite VH Album

fair warning/ 5150
    Favorite VH Song

happy trails/ dreams
    Last Online

05.28.20 @ 06:38 PM
    Liked 2,735 Times in 1,520 Posts

Premium Member

Donor

Maybe she was mentally unstable. Who knows. What I do know is a lot of people in T-Town carry. Legally.

Good luck getting them out of this state. You're going to need it.
    Utilize. Improvise. Adapt. Overcome.

I love coffee and sarcasm.

RJD \m/

Sig Pic courtesy of Greenpaw

Favorite VH Album

Last Online

It could have been a knife or tire iron too. This woman was hell bent on hurting some people. We don’t even know if she was a legal carrier either. The man who took her down was and that’s because of our right to bear arms.
    could have been. And the guy who took her down could have done it with a bat

13. The Following Member Likes This Post:

Favorite VH Album

WOMEN AND CHILDREN FIRST/ADKOT
    Favorite VH Song

EVERYBODY WANTS SOME!!
    Last Online

Today @ 10:29 AM
    Liked 15,566 Times in 8,531 Posts

Not if she shot him before he could get within reach. Thank God for our right to bear arms.

15. The Following 2 Members Like This Post:

Favorite VH Album

fair warning/ 5150
    Favorite VH Song

happy trails/ dreams
    Last Online

05.28.20 @ 06:38 PM
    Liked 2,735 Times in 1,520 Posts

Premium Member

Donor

Quote Originally Posted by JUNGLE DRUMMER View Post
    Not if she shot him before he could get within reach. Thank God for our right to bear arms.
    And that is at the very top of my list on why I will vote for Trump.
    Utilize. Improvise. Adapt. Overcome.

I love coffee and sarcasm.

RJD \m/

Sig Pic courtesy of Greenpaw

17. The Following Member Likes This Post:

Favorite VH Album

ADKOT
    Favorite VH Song

Soul Kitchen
    Last Online

Today @ 07:28 AM
    Liked 1,863 Times in 1,236 Posts

Premium Member

Never take a bat to a gunfight.
    "I'm the opposite of Bill Cosby. Diamond Dave always gets your approval." (DLR)

"Rawhide in "A"

Tom Brady hates tomatoes

19. The Following Member Likes This Post:

Favorite VH Album

Last Online

Quote Originally Posted by JUNGLE DRUMMER View Post
    perhaps you should have read what I was responding to before you posted the

Atomic Punk
    Favorite VH Album

The Magnificent 7
    Last Online

Thumbs up

22. The Following Member Likes This Post: