Favorite VH Album

Alex, Dave, Ed and Mike
    Favorite VH Song

The songs with Ed on them
    Last Online

05.26.20 @ 03:34 PM
    Liked 29,428 Times in 14,895 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by japeape View Post
    I like the alarm idea, but loaded gun next to bed could be a recipe for disaster.

Keep it close, but not too close.

Dogs are tricky, because anything could set them off, like car lights.
    Guns aren't much use if they aren't loaded.

There isn't a shell in the pipe and the safety is on, someone isn't just going to pick it up and blow their head off.
    If I don't respond to you it means I have you on ignore, which means you are a douchenozzle.

Emperor Brett - "I can't believe you guys are analyzing song-by-song Van Halen III? What next, analyzing the script of Stroker Ace looking for some shred of Citizen Kane?"

David Lee Roth did the impossible. He made Van Halen better. Deal with it!

A man's rights rests in three boxes: the ballot box, the jury box, and the cartridge box

Hurricane Halen - Let's all gingery touch our sword tips!!!

Favorite VH Album

VH1
    Favorite VH Song

Mean Street
    Last Online

05.26.20 @ 10:15 PM
    Liked 772 Times in 477 Posts

Don't shoot me for jumping in, but I'm bored and I think Japeape is making a valid point. I think what he is saying is that some guys are so stocked up and "loaded" (no pun intended) that they almost want this to happen. Do you imagine the scenarios where someone enters from the back, the garage, a window, etc?

I don't know you, or where you live, or your life experiences, but it seems the likelihood of an armed intruder coming into any of our homes is barely above 0%. And maybe for you that's enough to be prepared. For others, it's not enough to worry about.

For every video you post about someone actually defending their property with a gun against armed intruders, we could post 20 stories of armed homeowners shooting unarmed people for various reasons - some valid, most not. Is it because they were so amped up about being armed they couldn't wait to shoot someone? I don't know.

I don't want to take your guns away, I'm just supporting Japeape's point that the home invasion almost certainly isn't gonna happen so how prepared does one need to be? Is it just a fantasy of gun owners?

3. The Following Member Likes This Post:

Atomic Punk
    Favorite VH Album

The Magnificent 7
    Last Online

05.26.20 @ 06:47 PM
    Liked 21,298 Times in 12,338 Posts

I don’t think you guys know how insulting you’re coming off as. I don’t think you’re doing that on purpose, you just have a view of guns and gun ownership that is straight out of a left wing fantasyland.

Guys, the idea that people buy guns and HOPE that something happens is as sick as the idea that cops wake up every day hoping to shoot someone.
    Last edited by bklynboy68; 03.26.20 at 01:29 PM.
     "He has a swaggering retro machismo that will give hives to the Steinem cabal" -Camille Paglia on Donald Trump

"But, fucking with Brook is like fucking with hot shit on and ax handle. You just don't get a grip"-track5

"Make way for the bad guy"- Tony Montana

'This hamburger don't need no helper"- David Lee Roth

"I wish Bon Jovi would've given me a call before he recorded all of his hits, because the lyrics would've been smarter, the melodies would've been much more smashing, and they would've sold a lot fewer records." -David Lee Roth

"My beef is people thinking Bon Jovi is good cuz they sold lots of records to housewives." -tango

"But being number one doesn’t really mean jack fuck all. We sold twice as many records as other records that year (1984) that landed in the Number One position." ~Eddie Van Halen

5. The Following 3 Members Like This Post:

Atomic Punk Get The Show On The Road's Avatar
    Favorite VH Album

Van Halen
    Favorite VH Song

I'm The One
    Last Online

05.20.20 @ 07:20 PM
    Liked 18,978 Times in 10,149 Posts

Premium Member

Quote Originally Posted by bklynboy68 View Post
    I don’t think you guys know how insulting you’re coming off as. I don’t think you’re doing that on purpose, you just have a view of guns and gun ownership that is straight out of a left wing fantasyland.

Guys, the idea that people buy guns and HOPE that something happens is as sick as the idea that cops wake up every day hoping to shoot someone.
    Its a deterrent. If you don't know who is armed and who isn't then maybe you'll think twice about invading someone's home.

No one I know, including my father in law who has a concealed carry permit and is instructed by his employer to be armed when he goes to work relishes the idea of using their weapon.

Unfortunately there are people in this world who don't think twice about assaulting 80 year old grandmas to take 5 dollars to go get their next fix. Its rare, but it happens.

The stocking up of ammo is done by people who have a legitimate fear, IMO, of something happening that precludes them from being able to purchase more.

I'm not sure why it should bother anyone, ammo can't do anything on its own.

I'm not a firearm owner, I've never shot a gun in my life. It doesn't bother me that people do this and the longer this virus situation drags on with our economy tanking and people out of work the more I'm going to consider purchasing and getting trained on how to use one myself as this could end badly if we're not careful.
    The only genre I really know is Van Halen.

7. The Following 2 Members Like This Post:

Favorite VH Album

VH1
    Favorite VH Song

Mean Street
    Last Online

Quote Originally Posted by bklynboy68 View Post

I'm definitely not here to insult anyone. Sorry about that. It's just interesting to read the enthusiasm over something (gun ownership) when I'm not an owner. And maybe I should, but I don't often think about having to defend my home or family against armed intruders. But like Get The Show On The Road says, the crazier things get, the more I probably should and will!

9. The Following 2 Members Like This Post:

Favorite VH Album

VH1
    Favorite VH Song

Mean Street
    Last Online

Quote Originally Posted by Get The Show On The Road View Post
    Unfortunately there are people in this world who don't think twice about assaulting 80 year old grandmas to take 5 dollars to go get their next fix. Its rare, but it happens.
    This was running rampant on Oahu. From Thanksgiving time until the end of January there was at least 1 instance a week. What if those old ladies had a gun in their purse? Would they have stopped the purse snatching or would the thief had just stolen himself a gun?

Favorite VH Album

Van Halen
    Favorite VH Song

I'm The One
    Last Online

Premium Member

Quote Originally Posted by Sam Vs. Dave View Post
    This was running rampant on Oahu. From Thanksgiving time until the end of January there was at least 1 instance a week. What if those old ladies had a gun in their purse? Would they have stopped the purse snatching or would the thief had just stolen himself a gun?
    I have no idea.

I was merely using it to put into context that we have truly rotten people in this world, using scumbags that assault elderly people seemed like a good example of that.

Favorite VH Album

VH1
    Favorite VH Song

Mean Street
    Last Online

Quote Originally Posted by Get The Show On The Road View Post
    I have no idea.

I was merely using it to put into context that we have truly rotten people in this world, using scumbags that assault elderly people seemed like a good example of that.
    Truth.

Atomic Punk
    Favorite VH Album

The Magnificent 7
    Last Online

05.26.20 @ 06:47 PM
    Liked 21,298 Times in 12,338 Posts

Sheriff suspends efforts to close L.A. gun stores amid coronavirus restrictions

March 25, 2020

One day after announcing that gun shops were nonessential businesses that needed to close their doors amid the ongoing coronavirus outbreak, the Los Angeles County Sheriff’s Department has shelved efforts to shut them down.

Sheriff Alex Villanueva confirmed the development on Twitter early Wednesday morning, writing that department “efforts to close nonessential businesses have been suspended” and that Gov. Gavin Newsom would “determine what qualifies” as one.

Villanueva didn’t explain the rationale for the about-face in his post but linked to a Fox 11 news segment in which reporter Bill Melugin said the sheriff told him in a phone call that “the county’s top lawyer put out a legal opinion that she believes gun stores are essential businesses and should remain open.”

The sheriff on Wednesday morning blamed the confusion on unclear language in the state and county orders.

Amid the COVID-19 pandemic that has infected more than 600 people in Los Angeles County, officials have strengthened rules ordering all businesses considered nonessential to cease in-person operations and close to the public. Exceptions include food and medical services, transportation, social services and a number of other facilities.

“We have received complaints from particular businesses that have not been adhering to the social distancing. Chief among them [are] gun shops, nightclubs, bars and strip clubs, so we have fanned out and are making sure these business are complying,” Villanueva said Tuesday in explaining the department’s original thinking. “We are trying to get them to close their doors. If they don’t close their doors, they will be cited,” which could mean the loss of a business license.

“We aren’t going to haul people off to jail,” he added, saying that the department had begun asking gun stores to close Tuesday and some owners had already closed their doors or were making accommodations for scheduled appointments.

https://www.latimes.com/california/s...s-restrictions

The sheriff’s effort coincided with his release of 1,700 inmates. Talk about dumb.
     "He has a swaggering retro machismo that will give hives to the Steinem cabal" -Camille Paglia on Donald Trump

"But, fucking with Brook is like fucking with hot shit on and ax handle. You just don't get a grip"-track5

"Make way for the bad guy"- Tony Montana

'This hamburger don't need no helper"- David Lee Roth

"I wish Bon Jovi would've given me a call before he recorded all of his hits, because the lyrics would've been smarter, the melodies would've been much more smashing, and they would've sold a lot fewer records." -David Lee Roth

"My beef is people thinking Bon Jovi is good cuz they sold lots of records to housewives." -tango

"But being number one doesn’t really mean jack fuck all. We sold twice as many records as other records that year (1984) that landed in the Number One position." ~Eddie Van Halen

14. The Following 2 Members Like This Post:

Favorite VH Album

II & WACF
    Favorite VH Song

HAIL & Simple Rhyme
    Last Online

05.26.20 @ 08:33 PM
    Liked 14,830 Times in 8,111 Posts

I'm not trying to offend anyone, i'm just interested in the psychology behind what we do.
    Especially now, in this time of viral crisis.
    You've got a mutated flu epidemic run amok, but folks are stocking up on ammo,
    because the fear isn't the actual plague, but the aftermath of a perceived, lawless suburb.

But i believe the root of the fear is in the virus, and the ammo stockpiling is "control in crisis."

With this thing growing & killing more, each day, it's a very legitimate fear.

But i'm fascinated by the psychological reaction, whether it be, guns, toilet paper or frozen goods.
    Graver, Walking Ed, refugee from CVH & proud tone chaser...

Favorite VH Album

Van Halen 1
    Favorite VH Song

Somebody Get Me A Doctor
    Last Online

05.24.20 @ 03:09 PM
    Liked 897 Times in 535 Posts

Premium Member

Quote Originally Posted by japeape View Post
    I'm not trying to offend anyone, i'm just interested in the psychology behind what we do.
    Especially now, in this time of viral crisis.
    You've got a mutated flu epidemic run amok, but folks are stocking up on ammo,
    because the fear isn't the actual plague, but the aftermath of a perceived, lawless suburb.

But i believe the root of the fear is in the virus, and the ammo stockpiling is "control in crisis."

With this thing growing & killing more, each day, it's a very legitimate fear.

But i'm fascinated by the psychological reaction, whether it be, guns, toilet paper or frozen goods.
    You don't have any concerns of certain government types absolutely loving what is going on... and those same government people have almost total control of what you are able to do and where you can go compared to a month ago? Do you trust government soooooo much that you're not willing to protect yourself? Look at your livelihood a month ago and look at what you're demanded to follow by government today. Crisis, virus, you'll die!, follow MY rules or else!, COMPLIANCE!!!!

I'm truly sorry if you don't get it.
    Last edited by BREW CREW; 03.26.20 at 04:18 PM.
    Just go for it!

17. The Following 2 Members Like This Post:

Atomic Punk
    Favorite VH Album

Depends on the Day of the Week
    Favorite VH Song

E W S
    Last Online

05.26.20 @ 08:09 PM
    Liked 2,520 Times in 1,477 Posts

From a response to the LA Sheriff not allowing gun stores to be open as essential during the lockdown:

1) Guns have only two enemies – rust and politicians.
    2) It’s always better to be judged by 12 than carried by 6.
    3) Cops carry guns to protect themselves, not you.
    4) The average response time of a 911 call is 23 minutes,
    the response time of a .357 is 1400 feet per second.
    5) If you carry a gun, people call you paranoid. Nonsense!
    If you have a gun, what do you have to be paranoid
    about?
    6) Police protection is an oxymoron. Free citizens must protect themselves. Police
    do not protect you from crime, they usually just investigate the crime after it happens and then call someone in to clean up the mess.

****** Right now we may feel that we don't need a weapon,
    but if our guns are taken away, we will need one
    very soon. PLEASE REFER TO #1
    "The VH Universe is built on a wall that separates CVH from SVH. Tell either side there's no wall, you've bought a war. Or a slaughter." Lt. Joshi - LAPD

Favorite VH Album

Alex, Dave, Ed and Mike
    Favorite VH Song

The songs with Ed on them
    Last Online

05.26.20 @ 03:34 PM
    Liked 29,428 Times in 14,895 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Sam Vs. Dave View Post
    I'm definitely not here to insult anyone. Sorry about that. It's just interesting to read the enthusiasm over something (gun ownership) when I'm not an owner. And maybe I should, but I don't often think about having to defend my home or family against armed intruders. But like Get The Show On The Road says, the crazier things get, the more I probably should and will!
    Have a family member murdered, and your viewpoint will change. Guaranteed.
    If I don't respond to you it means I have you on ignore, which means you are a douchenozzle.

Emperor Brett - "I can't believe you guys are analyzing song-by-song Van Halen III? What next, analyzing the script of Stroker Ace looking for some shred of Citizen Kane?"

David Lee Roth did the impossible. He made Van Halen better. Deal with it!

A man's rights rests in three boxes: the ballot box, the jury box, and the cartridge box

Hurricane Halen - Let's all gingery touch our sword tips!!!

20. The Following 2 Members Like This Post:

Favorite VH Album

Van Halen
    Favorite VH Song

I'm The One
    Last Online

Premium Member

Here's a good article about the possible ramifications of us intentionally shuttering our economy and it also ties into why people are buying guns and ammo.

https://reason.com/2020/03/27/pandem...social-unrest/

22. The Following 2 Members Like This Post:

Atomic Punk
    Favorite VH Album

Depends on the Day of the Week
    Favorite VH Song

E W S
    Last Online

05.26.20 @ 08:09 PM
    Liked 2,520 Times in 1,477 Posts

Texas AG Ken Paxton issued a ruling stating that local and county authorities cannot restrict gun sales through emergency orders - doing so is specifically prohibited under Texas law.
    "The VH Universe is built on a wall that separates CVH from SVH. Tell either side there's no wall, you've bought a war. Or a slaughter." Lt. Joshi - LAPD

24. The Following 2 Members Like This Post: