Register
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: BUGERA Amps

Last Online

07.05.17 @ 10:26 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Donor

Default BUGERA Amps

First of all I must say, I have a great deal of respect for Behringer products - I own a vast range of their stuff - pre-amp, monitors, mixer, compressor/gate, EQ and amp-modeler - and with every purchase I got 10 times the value that I paid for.

Just a few days ago I started a thread on home recording forum about me being interedted in buying one of the anologue V-Tone half-stack, and said it's a shame Behringer don't do tube amps.

Then this guy replies that fuck yes they do, and gives me a link to a whole daughter-brunch named BUGERA that I never heard of before!

http://www.bugera-amps.com

Now, as much as I hear all the hype about Mesa Boogie's and 6505's, I really can't afford $1500 for ONE HEAD, not to mention I'd have to pay half of that price to get it shipped into the UK.

So I decided to read some reviews on BUGERA 333 on harmony central, and I realized these line of amps is really fairly new. Regardless, the first guy who reviewed it said it comes really damn close to Mesa Triple Rec, and blows his Marshall AVT 50 out of water.

I really think I'm going to buy this head - for that number of features, and just the price of $750 it's a better option than saving a whole next year for Mesa.

Just wondering - does anyone have any experience with these amps?

Top Of The World
    Last Online

12.14.09 @ 03:10 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by WinterlessIceness View Post
    First of all I must say, I have a great deal of respect for Behringer products - I own a vast range of their stuff - pre-amp, monitors, mixer, compressor/gate, EQ and amp-modeler - and with every purchase I got 10 times the value that I paid for.

Just a few days ago I started a thread on home recording forum about me being interedted in buying one of the anologue V-Tone half-stack, and said it's a shame Behringer don't do tube amps.

Then this guy replies that fuck yes they do, and gives me a link to a whole daughter-brunch named BUGERA that I never heard of before!

http://www.bugera-amps.com

Now, as much as I hear all the hype about Mesa Boogie's and 6505's, I really can't afford $1500 for ONE HEAD, not to mention I'd have to pay half of that price to get it shipped into the UK.

So I decided to read some reviews on BUGERA 333 on harmony central, and I realized these line of amps is really fairly new. Regardless, the first guy who reviewed it said it comes really damn close to Mesa Triple Rec, and blows his Marshall AVT 50 out of water.

I really think I'm going to buy this head - for that number of features, and just the price of $750 it's a better option than saving a whole next year for Mesa.

Just wondering - does anyone have any experience with these amps?
    I played one for 10 minuets and it died. Just save up and give the engineers at mesa the money they deserve. Or buy used, most of the time you can get a hell of a deal with a true amp that won't blow up within 10 minuets, and it will be made with quality componants.

Sorry if I sound like a prick, but I hate bugera amps and beringer in general. Everything I have tried from them has been crap and they steal all of their designs.

Forum Frontman
    Last Online

07.04.16 @ 08:03 PM
    Liked 6 Times in 5 Posts

Hey, how 'bout this thread: http://www.vhlinks.com/vbforums/bugera-amps-t44071.html

I'm going to go crazy if anyone else starts a thread about Bugera Amps. The long and short of it is this: They suck donkey balls. Don't buy one. They're a complete waste of money.

Love,
    AT

Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Donor

Quote Originally Posted by AndrewThomas.net View Post
    Hey, how 'bout this thread: http://www.vhlinks.com/vbforums/bugera-amps-t44071.html

I'm going to go crazy if anyone else starts a thread about Bugera Amps. The long and short of it is this: They suck donkey balls. Don't buy one. They're a complete waste of money.

Love,
    AT
    Dude you don't play hardcore or even metal. They're made for hardcore and metal. The whole anti-Behringer talk comes from people who never owned a single piece of gear by them except some headphone amp, and sorry but -

Damn amp started to smoke, and I wasn't even pushing it hard.

I played one for 10 minuets and it died

- that's just bullshit. Like I said I own tons of Behringer equipment and they easily match Mackie/Yamaha that I had worked with in studios.

I'd rather trust a bunchload of people here - http://reviews.harmony-central.com/r...6262+Head/10/1 and here http://reviews.harmony-central.com/r...Tube+Head/10/1 - who're giving the amps 9's and 10's and who actually OWN them, than bold statements based on a lame prejudice

I have a better ground for saying Fender amps are crap coz I had played 3 different models over a year's course and oh yeah they did suck.

Little Dreamer
    Last Online

08.08.08 @ 08:54 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

If you're thinking Bugera because of the cost, might as well give Carvin a try.

On Fire Eddie's Littler Monster's Avatar
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

In A Simple Rhyme
    Last Online

07.14.17 @ 10:27 AM
    Liked 11 Times in 5 Posts

Well if you're going to buy cheap shit like behringer and bugerra, you're going to have cheap tone and crap that breaks simple as that. Say all you want about Fender, but my tone is sweet and i get more volume and tone out of a 2 x 12 fender amp than anything else I've ever played or owned ( with the exception of Divided by 13 ) so. Spend 750 on that hunk when for $100 more you could have a used Single Rectifier - recto verb and have all the metal tone you want. And an amp that doesn't look like it was made outta left over car parts.

Oh and I would be wary of amps that all glowing reviews, most of those reviews are by company employees and executives who know they build cheap shit.
    Last edited by Eddie's Littler Monster; 06.24.08 at 09:12 PM. Reason: left out a thought

Favorite VH Album

fair warning
    Favorite VH Song

mean street
    Last Online

06.23.17 @ 09:49 PM
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

ive been playing in a metalcore band for 8 years , who said bugera amps were made for "metal" players?

btw my 5150 head costs 899.00 new , so why not save a little more if you want a really good metal amp.

any amp can be made to sound "metal" with the right eq , distortion pedal and pick ups anyway.

its funny seeing you young metalcore guys with shitty attitudes when youre only 23 or 24 , when these cats here could give you a wealth of info if you asked.

trust me bro , i got 14 years on ya , my bands straight up hardcore/metalcore but id have no problem asking any of these guys for info or opinions , but then again i play more than one style so im not an elitist.
    www.rickshick.tumblr.com

1love4chi

Deftones , now and forever and only second to VH.

Dave or Sammy ?.........pffffft Eddie.

Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Donor

Quote Originally Posted by Eddie's Littler Monster View Post
    Well if you're going to buy cheap shit like behringer and bugerra, you're going to have cheap tone and crap that breaks simple as that. Say all you want about Fender, but my tone is sweet and i get more volume and tone out of a 2 x 12 fender amp than anything else I've ever played or owned ( with the exception of Divided by 13 ) so. Spend 750 on that hunk when for $100 more you could have a used Single Rectifier - recto verb and have all the metal tone you want. And an amp that doesn't look like it was made outta left over car parts.

Oh and I would be wary of amps that all glowing reviews, most of those reviews are by company employees and executives who know they build cheap shit.

Yet another example of a noob talking out of his ass. I say what I want about fenders because I did play them - the Fender FM 100H I used the most sounded absolutely horrible. Especially compared to Marshall JVM-410.

Dude I've been using harmony central for over a year prior to making any purchases - then comparing the products in store on top of it. That's the reason I switched to buying Behringer gear.

You boutique-type people are a pain in the ass. Nothing to be surprised of on the Van Halen website though.
    Last edited by WinterlessIceness; 06.24.08 at 10:20 PM.

Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Donor

Quote Originally Posted by Rick S View Post
    ive been playing in a metalcore band for 8 years , who said bugera amps were made for "metal" players?

btw my 5150 head costs 899.00 new , so why not save a little more if you want a really good metal amp.

any amp can be made to sound "metal" with the right eq , distortion pedal and pick ups anyway.

its funny seeing you young metalcore guys with shitty attitudes when youre only 23 or 24 , when these cats here could give you a wealth of info if you asked.

trust me bro , i got 14 years on ya , my bands straight up hardcore/metalcore but id have no problem asking any of these guys for info or opinions , but then again i play more than one style so im not an elitist.
    Hey Rick - thanks for a decent reply for a change.

The attitude? You can bare so much of ignorant "behringer is shit" comments which have no basis to them whatsoever.

To your point - BUGERA official website states they're made for high-gane modern metal scene, so does Australian Guitar magazine that reviewed them.

So have you played any of those amps?

Forum Frontman
    Last Online

07.04.16 @ 08:03 PM
    Liked 6 Times in 5 Posts

Calm down, bro. Nobody here is trying to be elitist or snobby about gear. Yes, Behringer stuff really can be a bargain. But I teach in a music store that used to carry their stuff, and when one out of five items was returned for one fault or another (the most common problem being that those products were smoking and/or starting on fire!), it says something about QC. Behringer is basically replicating other popular products and making them using sometimes cheaper parts and always cheaper labor. Then they're cutting corners on the QC and letting stuff out the door that maybe shouldn't always be leaving. For the simpler things like headphone amps, compressors, etc., it's not really a big deal. When it comes to tube amps, though, that's an entirely different game; tube circuitry is more prone to detailed problems. At this point it's no surprise most players are recommending you avoid Bugera amps--because they're an even bigger gamble than other Behringer stuff. If you get one and it turns out to be okay, excellent. But I think most people here are more so trying to protect others from spending a lot of money on something that is entirely too likely to be a bust. Like Rick S said, I (and others here) have a few years on you, and one thing that time helps teach you is practical decision-making when it comes to buying. When for a couple/few hundred dollars more you can buy something that is more likely to serve you without problems and better retain its value over time, doesn't it make sense to pursue that? People get loud-mouthed about gear, yes; but it's usually meant to be helpful.

I did find it annoying, however, that a thread with an identical title as yours--started nine days ago--was still active and visible, but you still opted to start a new one. (Scroll or use the search, eh?)

Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Donor

I never post or view guitar forum, and I didn't expect for this topic to already be here. Mistake on my part, I admit it.

However - have you played any of Bugera amps yourself? It's one thing to judge a whole new line based on previous experience with the brand name than to have an actual experience with it. I can remind that Peavey had been a cheap-ass manufacturer of shit in the past, until they endorsed EVH.

Why I ask is because I know a guy who reviewed Behringer Ultratone, http://www.frugalguitarist.com/Fruga...tone%20K1800FX , and wrote a great review about it. I've not read a single bad review about 333's so far, well except for a couple of cheap-shot-posts on here.

Good Enough
    Favorite VH Album

Balance
    Last Online

10.26.16 @ 03:37 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Dude, calm down. The people on this forum are extremely helpful and honest; if they say something is garbage, there is probably a good reason behind it and it is NOT a personal attack. The only people I would expect to react this way to the above comments are the Bugera CEO's...

I have not played these amps, but have heard them first hand. The tone was OK, but nothing better. The model I saw was the 5150 copy and that IS NO SUBSTITUTE for the real thing. Trust me on this one -- I am picky as hell when listening to amps. Also, mid performance, the guitar player started having problems with the thing, and had to keep adjusting settings as the tone fluctuated with heat from running, etc. That sure would be a red flag for me -- tubes warming up is one thing, but the amp volume swelling and changing the entire color of the tone mid song is another!

Given the lower quality, but admittedly conveniently priced Behringer stuff, why would anyone expect any more from their 'higher model' tube amps? Unleses someone has gigged extensively with one of these and had no problems, I wouldn't be willing to trust it, and I would definitely consider the advice of the super experienced 'older guys' here...

Top Of The World
    Last Online

12.14.09 @ 03:10 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by WinterlessIceness View Post
    I never post or view guitar forum, and I didn't expect for this topic to already be here. Mistake on my part, I admit it.

However - have you played any of Bugera amps yourself? It's one thing to judge a whole new line based on previous experience with the brand name than to have an actual experience with it. I can remind that Peavey had been a cheap-ass manufacturer of shit in the past, until they endorsed EVH.

Why I ask is because I know a guy who reviewed Behringer Ultratone, http://www.frugalguitarist.com/Fruga...tone%20K1800FX , and wrote a great review about it. I've not read a single bad review about 333's so far, well except for a couple of cheap-shot-posts on here.
    Like I said, I got ten minuets with one before something popped and they had to send it back. The amp seemed way fuzzier and not as tight in the bottom as my 5150 II. Through a valveking cab, one that I plugged my 5150 into, it did not sound as good as my 5150. And while I was playing it, pop, a tube blew or something. When they got the 6262 amp model, I tried it again, and the tone was still fuzzier and looser then the 5150 II. I think the first one had a bad tube. The second one hasn't died since I turned it on last time though. My impressions was that it was a shit unreliable imitation. I was going to buy it as a back up but realized that it would be a bad move.

Favorite VH Album

fair warning
    Favorite VH Song

mean street
    Last Online

06.23.17 @ 09:49 PM
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

no , i havnt played a bugera but i have a 5150 head so i guess i kinda have.
    imo though ill keep my 5150/ Randall XL 4X12 cab for myself. i will give the edge to the 5150 head though cause they re built like tanks(and weigh as much.)

actually dude , i was saying you are talking like an elitist just because you play in a hardcore band. its not relivent in this forum.
    being in a metalcore band myself i see no correlation between bugera amps and "metal". theres a shitload of amps that are used by metal players.
    ive seen cats using old jcm800s , jmps , and plexi heads , randalls , marshall avt's the list goes on and on.

also when you type "hey man bugera amps are for metal players ! i read it in a guitar magazine !" you sound like a 23 yo kid who knows nothing about gear,
    not a 23 yo guy who plays guitar and is humbly asking for advice.

i think people are saying they dont want you to waste the money you have saved up.

imo bugera amps are marketed and cosmetically designed to appeal to young metal kids
    to make a fast buck.

remember "Redbear" amps ? remember "Sovtek" amps ? the russian versions of vintage marshall plexi heads..............gone , fast.
    bugera will go the same imo.

lastly , does anyone have a Marshall SLP 100 and 1960 cab they wanna give away ? cause thats still my dream amp.
    www.rickshick.tumblr.com

1love4chi

Deftones , now and forever and only second to VH.

Dave or Sammy ?.........pffffft Eddie.

Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Donor

Oh man, have you heard of ANYTHING that Russians would do (other than space ships and Mig-29s) that would be of any quality?

I guess there used to be the same talk about Behringer when they first started - "their gear is cheap, so it's shit!"

Well that's fair enough in many cases. That's why I don't use Zoom, DOD or Digitech - I had used or tried alot of their stuff and I totally switched to Roland. On my course I use top-brand equipment, one of them being Mackie CFX20. When I needed a mixer for myself I went to the store and the guy recommended me Xenyx but I was cautious because of like 3-times price difference comparing to Mackies and Yamahas they had. So I went home and checked reviews on it on about 3-5 different websites, including musiciansfriend, dolphinmusic and harmony central. I went back to the store and bought it straight away. Went home, plugged it in and was totally blow up by the pre-amp, EQ and clarity of it. That was my first experience with Behringer, and I've never, ever been dissatisfied with any of their products.

And okay maybe being a metal player makes me an elitist, whatever . I listen to about every music genre out there, when it comes to my own stuff I just need a punch-in-your-face tone. Fenders don't give me that, Line6 definately don't give me that, and Marshalls are cool but I really can't spend my half-years wages on a single tube head. So I was looking into other options.

Yes, I was looking for the advice - so far only the last 3-4 replies have been of any help (after I jumped on my angry-23-year-old elitist soap box :P ) . I do appreciate those posts though, but I'm not sure if they've made me change my mind. Like I said I originally wanted to buy an analogue V-tone half-stack so I started a thread on that on another board - where I was adviced by a few guys to get Bugera tube-combo for just abit over that price.