Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Last Online

06.03.17 @ 06:59 PM
    Liked 327 Times in 204 Posts

Default Police Officer kills man beating child

What? No trial? Good.

Police: Officer kills man who beat child to death
    Mon Jun 16, 1:14 AM ET

TURLOCK, Calif. - Police killed a 27-year-old man as he kicked, punched and stomped a toddler to death despite other people's attempts to stop him on a dark, country road, authorities said.

Investigators on Sunday were trying to establish the relationship between the suspect and the child they say he killed Saturday night. The Stanislaus County coroner said the boy appeared to be between 1 and 2 years old based on his size, according to county sheriff's deputy Royjindar Singh.

"It's been a long night of wondering, 'Why?' not only for the officers and the passers-by who stopped and tried to help out, but for anyone. Why would somebody do this?" Singh said.

Singh said the coroner does not plan to confirm the identities of the suspect and victim until Monday. Because his injuries were so severe, the child will have to be identified through a blood or DNA test, he said.

The suspect had a child's car seat in the back of his four-door pickup truck. The truck caught the attention of an elderly couple at 10:13 p.m. Saturday because it was stopped in the two-lane road facing the wrong direction, Singh said.

As they got closer, the couple saw the man brutally beating the toddler behind his truck and throwing the child on the ground, according to Singh. Two or three other cars stopped, an unusual number to be passing through the remote area surrounded by a dairy, a cow pasture, a cornfield and a farmhouse, he said.

"What we got from witnesses is he was punching, slapping, kicking, stomping, shaking," Singh said. "They tried to intervene and get involved, but their efforts really didn't have an effect. The suspect was engaged in what he was doing. He just pushed them off and went back to it."

A sheriff's helicopter responding to emergency calls from the area landed in a cow pasture at 10:19 p.m. carrying a Modesto police officer who shot the man to death after he refused an order to stop beating the child, Singh said.

Paramedics tried to resuscitate the toddler, who was not breathing when they arrived. The boy was taken to a local hospital, where he was pronounced dead.

No children within the dead boy's age range have been reported kidnapped or missing in Stanislaus County, Singh said.

The incident happened on Bradbury Road about 10 miles west of Turlock, a city located about halfway between Sacramento and Fresno.
    2-time Fantasy Baseball Champion.

Atomic Punk
    Last Online

12.11.17 @ 04:37 PM
    Liked 1,229 Times in 448 Posts

that's simply fucked up...

and as senseless as this...
    http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2008/...n4168258.shtml
    "Watch what people are cynical about, and one can often discover what they lack. -- Gen. George S. Patton

Last Online

07.24.15 @ 10:25 PM
    Liked 10 Times in 3 Posts

Donor

Here's another article taken from the SF Chronicle with a little more information. It's just sickening.

Turlock man kills child in roadside beating
    Demian Bulwa, Chronicle Staff Writer
    Monday, June 16, 2008

(06-15) 16:56 PDT -- A man parked his truck on a country road outside Turlock on Saturday night, removed a baby boy from a car seat and then beat the child to death in the street, fighting off passers-by who tried to stop him, until he was gunned down by a police officer whose helicopter landed in a nearby pasture, police said Sunday.
    The 27-year-old suspect, who lived in Turlock (Stanislaus County), died almost immediately where he fell. The child, who according to police appeared to be 12 to 24 months old, was taken to a hospital but died before arrival.
    Police officials declined to identify the man and said they were not yet certain who the child was - or in what way, if any, he was related to his attacker. The Stanislaus County coroner's office told police that the agency may have to identify the boy through a DNA test because he was beaten beyond recognition.
    No information was immediately available about the child's mother.
    The suspect "had tunnel vision," said Stanislaus County sheriff's Deputy Royjindar Singh, a department spokesman. "As people tried to intervene, to tackle him, he just went back to what he was doing. Anything and everything he could do to the baby, that's what he was doing."
    Singh said investigators were working hard to answer a series of questions about the shocking case, including why the suspect stopped in the roadway, where he was coming from and where he was going. Singh said he did not know whether the suspect was under the influence of alcohol or drugs.
    The beating and subsequent shooting by police happened near a dairy ranch along two-lane West Bradbury Road, between South Blaker Road and South Central Avenue, in an unincorporated area about 10 miles west of downtown Turlock and 20 miles south of Modesto. The rural road, which extends straight west from Highway 99, has no streetlights.
    Singh said an elderly couple driving along West Bradbury Road just after 10 p.m. made the first 911 call to police, reporting that the suspect's four-door Toyota pickup truck was parked facing west in the eastbound lane. According to the caller, the suspect was behind the truck, where he was brutally beating the boy.
    The couple had poor cell phone reception and did not give authorities a precise address, delaying the response by a few minutes, Singh said. But soon, he said, others called as well, and some witnesses stopped and tried to halt the attack on the child, who was shaken, punched, kicked and stomped on the pavement.
    "One (person) tried to intervene, and the suspect pushed him off and continued assaulting the baby," Singh said.
    By 10:13 p.m., a county dispatcher had confirmed the correct location and broadcast it, Singh said, but it was so remote that the first officers to arrive were aboard a Sheriff's Department helicopter that had been patrolling over Turlock. The pilot, a sheriff's deputy, and the tactical flight officer, a Modesto city police officer, landed in a cow pasture just off the roadway at about 10:19 p.m., Singh said.
    The flight officer then ran about 20 yards toward the suspect and, while standing behind the pasture's fence, ordered him to stop beating the child, who was on the ground, Singh said.
    "He refuses to comply with the orders, and the officer fires," he said, "resulting in the death of the suspect."
    Firefighters from a nearby station arrived a few minutes later and tried desperately to resuscitate the child. The boy was then rushed to Emanuel Medical Center in Turlock. Despite this effort, Singh said that the child died before arrival at the hospital.
    By the time the ambulance had left the scene, Singh said, almost a dozen people had witnessed some part of the incident, with at least two trying to physically stop the suspect.
    "The two officers on the helicopter, they were pretty shook up about it," Singh said. "We have to kind of expect this in our line of work. But for people who were just driving home, they weren't prepared for this. They're watching a helpless baby die in front of them and they're trying to intervene, but all their efforts aren't doing anything."
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Favorite VH Album

F.U.C.K. 1984
    Favorite VH Song

Feels So Good (deal with it...
    Last Online

12.15.17 @ 11:56 AM
    Liked 426 Times in 228 Posts

Premium Member

Donor

That story makes me sick to my stomach. Completely sickening. The poor little guy probably wouldn't stop crying or something trivial like that and the dad lost it. It wouldn't be the first time. Unfortunately since the idiot is dead we may never know what really happened...fortunately the idiot won't be tying up the court system.
    Signature not currently available. You aren't missing much.

Favorite VH Album

fair warnings
    Favorite VH Song

unchained, little guitars
    Last Online

01.05.12 @ 06:49 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Sick fcuking guy.
    Van Halen shows
    July 28, 1980 Freedom Hall Louisville KY
    1981 Freedom Hall Louisville KY
    December 7, 1982 Freedom Hall Louisville KY
    Febuary 9, 1984 Freedom Hall Louisvile KY
    May 22, 1998 Madison Square Garden NYC
    August 15, 1998 Jones Beach LI NY
    June 19, 2004 Worcester Mass
    November 3, 2007 IZOD Center NJ
    November 13, 2007 Madison Square Garden NYC
    May 23, 2008 Madison Square Garden NYC

www.myspace.com/patvh5150

http://www.youtube.com/patvh5150

Favorite VH Album

Balance
    Favorite VH Song

Seventh Seal/Me Wise Magic
    Last Online

12.14.17 @ 04:54 PM
    Liked 413 Times in 248 Posts

At least the fucko got what he deserved. Disgusting story....sad to know that there are people THAT fucked up to which they could look into a toddler's eyes...and beat the life out of it.

This is right up there with the man who threw their baby off of a bridge.

At least one cop wasn't afraid to take care of business.
    My man, when you are fantasizing, don't go for attainable, you can get attainable at the local Applebee's. - Dave's Dreidel

Favorite VH Album

Women & Children First
    Favorite VH Song

Fools/All things Halenized
    Last Online

08.04.17 @ 11:33 PM
    Liked 29 Times in 14 Posts

Donor

This makes me sick to my stomach. Why did I read it??

I'm glad they shot the bastard anyways. Truly sickening.
    RIP - Classic Van Halen

"A lot of people take Van Halen more seriously than we do." The Diamond One

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Panama
    Last Online

12.15.17 @ 05:43 PM
    Liked 2,238 Times in 1,356 Posts

the guy had a car seat in his truck....what's the thinking there? Let's protect the little guy from a traffic accident so I can pull off the road and beat the life out him?

It doesn't make sense....the guy had to be completely unbalanced.

I cannot image the blinding rage that would be required to do this to a baby, and with people at close range trying to make you stop....just heartbreaking

Sinner's Swing!
    Favorite VH Album

Van Halen II or Diver Down
    Favorite VH Song

Cathedral, Humans Being
    Last Online

03.02.10 @ 03:28 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

No, we'll probably never know the reason behind this despicable act. Neither baby or childbeater will bare any more scars. But imagine those helpless witnesses, especially the elderly couple who were first on the scene. They'll hold those memories. I'll bet each and every one of them goes out and finds a child to hug today.
    Mr. Horseradish courtesy of the International Horseradish Council and Brett.

Favorite VH Album

Complete Zero
    Favorite VH Song

Lets Get Rockin
    Last Online

12.15.17 @ 03:21 AM
    Liked 1,862 Times in 731 Posts

Donor

Man, having a child myself at home at the same age, this just really sickens me. I'm sure the guy just lost control for some reason, be it drugs, alcohol who the hell knows, at least he is dead too. Anyone who kills a child should be put to death, especially in the manner this murder took place. Sickfuck.
    I used to jog but the ice cubes kept falling out of my glass.

Last Online

10.23.15 @ 04:49 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Such a sick story and yet I find one thing that is encouraging, that people were actually willing to step in and try to stop what was happening. Often people are afraid to get involved so even though they were not successful, all of those that at least stoppped, called and made an attempt to intervene deserve props.
    Life may not be the party we hoped for, but while we are here we might as well dance.

Live simply. Love generously. Care deeply. Speak kindly.

Favorite VH Album

They're all shit
    Last Online

11.19.17 @ 09:41 AM
    Liked 34 Times in 20 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Daisy Hill View Post
    It doesn't make sense....the guy had to be completely unbalanced.
    Absolutely right. He would have cost a fortune to keep in a secure unit for the rest of his life undergoing tests.

I hate to say it, but I am glad he didn't obey the officer. Somebody that far gone is better off dead.

Very sad story.
    A man could lose himself in a country like this.

My blog at http://tollins.blogspot.de/

Favorite VH Album

Favorite VH Song

Poundcake
    Last Online

12.15.17 @ 05:13 PM
    Liked 305 Times in 225 Posts

I just hope that the people that witnessed this have a United Way First Step type of program to fall back on.

Favorite VH Album

F.U.C.K. 1984
    Favorite VH Song

Feels So Good (deal with it...
    Last Online

12.15.17 @ 11:56 AM
    Liked 426 Times in 228 Posts

Premium Member

Donor

All day I haven't been able to get this story out of my head. Very upsetting.
    Signature not currently available. You aren't missing much.

Future's in the past....
    Favorite VH Album

WACF, FW, DD
    Favorite VH Song

At the moment, Little Guitars
    Last Online

11.03.17 @ 01:35 PM
    Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts

CNN is reporting that the child was so severely beaten that it will likely take DNA for a positive identification.

At this point, shooting looks like it was an easy out for this creep.
    11/05/78 Hollywood Sportatorium
    12/10/82 Hollywood Sportatorium
    01/20/84 Hollywood Sportatorium
    01/21/84 Hollywood Sportatorium
    02/16/08 Jacksonville Veterans Memorial Arena

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I've got dreams in hidden places and extra smiles for when I'm blue.