Follow us on Twitter Follow us on Facebook Watch us on YouTube
Register
Page 1 of 6 1234 ... LastLast
    On Fire
    Last Online

06.14.16 @ 05:24 AM
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Default New Fender Wolfgang info

I sat down and spoke with the Charvel / Fender Rep today. Lots of new San Dimas guitars are coming soon! Also, The long awaited New Wolfgangs are also coming really soon. ( He's trying to get me a couple) He told me that they have three colors that will be available...Ivory, Black and Tobacco. He also said that they will not be really expensive and should have a list just under a 3000. Best of all........drum roll please.............................Made in USA! Thats right! No habla espanol Hecho in Mexico crap to worry about! However, he did say that they are quite proud of the work coming from Mexico on their amps.
    I informed him that if they even think about making the WG's in Mexico....we wont buy em!

Favorite VH Album

Favorite VH Song

Too many to decide
    Last Online

10.08.15 @ 11:37 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Rat View Post
    I sat down and spoke with the Charvel / Fender Rep today. Lots of new San Dimas guitars are coming soon! Also, The long awaited New Wolfgangs are also coming really soon. ( He's trying to get me a couple) He told me that they have three colors that will be available...Ivory, Black and Tobacco. He also said that they will not be really expensive and should have a list just under a 3000. Best of all........drum roll please.............................Made in USA! Thats right! No habla espanol Hecho in Mexico crap to worry about! However, he did say that they are quite proud of the work coming from Mexico on their amps.
    I informed him that if they even think about making the WG's in Mexico....we wont buy em!
    hey good idea, any way of getting in touch with a local fender rep? being in sales myself, i always that that would be the "best of both worlds"
    Money can't buy you happiness, but it can buy you a yacht big enough to pull up right alongside it. DLR

On Fire
    Favorite VH Album

VH1
    Favorite VH Song

Girl Gone Bad. It Jamz!!!
    Last Online

04.11.13 @ 12:43 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Cool but damn that is still alot of money! In this day and age when people are cutting back on their toys that is a big chunk of change for a guitar. Cant wait to see it though!

Last Online

02.16.10 @ 05:23 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Just under $3000? I'll take 3 Charvels instead.

I'm looking forward to seeing them, despite the price.

Good Enough
    Favorite VH Album

Balance
    Last Online

10.26.16 @ 03:37 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Hmmm... I think I'll take the $650 beat up black Peavey Wolfgang I found in a local shop today instead....

Forum Frontman
    Last Online

07.04.16 @ 08:03 PM
    Liked 6 Times in 5 Posts

Thanks for the info, Rat.

Banned!
    Last Online

02.18.11 @ 08:09 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

$3k?

hahahaha!

oh yeah right.

Eruption
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Unchained & Romeo Delight
    Last Online

04.07.16 @ 01:19 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Are you sure that isn't the manufacturers suggested retail price?
    I could see around $1800-2300 but 3 grand? Man, he's starting to get Gene Simmons on us! -Red43j
    Eddie must think I'm a BOZO to want to drop THAT much on one of his new Charvel Guitars!

Good Enough
    Last Online

11.17.15 @ 08:56 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Made in the USA! .... That's great news!
    Thanks for the update Rat!

Any info on the guitar itself?
    Soild basswood?
    Maple caps?
    Neck profile?
    Pickups?

Last Online

12.17.17 @ 09:51 PM
    Liked 24 Times in 17 Posts

For under 3 grand, you could probably score a mint condition 1st year EBMM. I'm sure these will be nice, but I think they'll price themselves out of a lot of sales. Plus, will they be mass produced like the Peaveys? If so, I can see the price coming to earth soon enough.

Eruption
    Last Online

07.04.12 @ 08:16 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Cool news Rat. I dig Tobacco.
    I talked to a guy who's boss just got a 5150III.
    Said the fucker blew up on em.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "Talent is God Given, But Success is Hard Work"

www.ronscustomguitars.com

Favorite VH Album

OU812
    Favorite VH Song

Drop Dead Legs
    Last Online

08.08.17 @ 07:08 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Red43j View Post
    Are you sure that isn't the manufacturers suggested retail price?
    I could see around $1800-2300 but 3 grand?
    You're correct, that'll be retail. They're not going to be more, in price, than a lot of the Fender Custom Shop models. They'll most likely be made in Corona California.

Romeo Delight
    Last Online

12.21.08 @ 05:42 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

just under 3k. Ouch. I heard they will below that. More in the 1k range. from a reliable source. 3K is more of a custom shop price. 3k is roughly a brand spanking new 5150 III amp and cab.

Top Of The World
    Favorite VH Album

Favorite VH Song

Atomic Punk
    Last Online

03.14.12 @ 03:00 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Contact me if you get a Quilt Tobacco one :-) Did you ask if there will ever be any other colors? Will there be a custom shop ?

Martin

Favorite VH Album

5150 & 1984
    Last Online

04.30.16 @ 03:52 PM
    Liked 20 Times in 14 Posts

Fender is "A" Mark stuff, so that means cost is exactly half of retail (minus dealer discounts for buying in bulk).

Let's just arbitrarily say $2899.99 retail; that means $1450.00 dealer cost. Street price should be around $1800-$2100.

That's still a LOT of coin...I'd rather pick up an SLO with that
    How open-minded do I have to be before my brains start spilling out?