Van Halen 1
    Favorite VH Song

The one's Ed plays on
    Last Online

12.14.17 @ 11:51 AM
    Liked 851 Times in 398 Posts

Premium Member

Default 1st time Bonnarroo: Advice??

I'm in Nashville at my brother-in-law's house. We're heading to Bonnarroo tomorrow. My wife and I came to see Metallica and Pearl Jam. Clutch that Jack Johnson's gonna be there. Getting a little nervous about commuting and being there without any of my buddies (help in case of trouble). I've searched and searched for Bonnarroo threads, didn't see much. Any help/advice will be apprecitated. Can't fucking wait to jam out to Metallica on Friday, Pearl Jam on Saturday. Want to stay safe, want to get back to Nashville before the sun comes up. Are theses two things possible?

Thanks in advance for any help
    ...AND ON THE SEVENTH DAY, GOD CREATED VAN HALEN

VAN HALEN IS A LIFESTYLE

Atomic Punk
    Last Online

12.11.17 @ 04:37 PM
    Liked 1,229 Times in 448 Posts

In previous years, most notably 2004, rain caused so much mud that it was thigh- high in some areas of the festival, due to humidity, spontaneous and short-lived thunderstorms, which are quite common. Ponchos, galoshes and old sweatshirts make for comfortable quick-fixes to an otherwise miserable run-in with the weather.

On the reverse side, Tennessee's relentless heat is an imperative factor when preparing for the festival. With all-day-long sunshine, and very little opportunity for shade, festival-goers should not hit the road without adequate amounts of sunscreen, sunglasses, hats and umbrellas. Fresh water and containers, fruit and coolers are a smart way to avoid dehydration. Light tapestries or old sheets are a bonus when spending a day in the sun - ideal for both taking a mid-day rest between sets, or drenching with water and draping around the body for some hardcore refreshment.

The festival itself takes the overwhelming heat into consideration, and does well at providing aquatic relief. A typical mid-day sight inside the venue consists of crowds, old and young clustered in and around a massive water fountain that pours out thousands of gallons of recycled water. There are several sporadically placed water stations for both bathing and drinking, not to mention trucks that sell bags of ice for about $3 each. Another way to find refuge from the rays is by stopping into one of the many tents set up, such as the comedy tent or vendor tents. There are also massive canopy tents set up around the venue, all spraying water mist.

While there are port-a-potty facilities available, it is wise to bring plenty of your own toilet paper, as well as hand-sanitizer. Flashlights, radios, bug spray, sneakers, tarps and trash bags are also key elements to sanity. And with nearly 20 hours of non-stop music each day, as well as round the clock lunacy rustling in the campsites, you will want to hang on to as much sanity as possible.

http://media.www.dailycollegian.com/...01-page3.shtml

http://www.theanchoronline.net/2007/...vive-bonnaroo/
    "Watch what people are cynical about, and one can often discover what they lack.” -- Gen. George S. Patton

Favorite VH Album

fair warnings
    Favorite VH Song

unchained, little guitars
    Last Online

01.05.12 @ 06:49 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

very good post voivod. Good to know.
    Van Halen shows
    July 28, 1980 Freedom Hall Louisville KY
    1981 Freedom Hall Louisville KY
    December 7, 1982 Freedom Hall Louisville KY
    Febuary 9, 1984 Freedom Hall Louisvile KY
    May 22, 1998 Madison Square Garden NYC
    August 15, 1998 Jones Beach LI NY
    June 19, 2004 Worcester Mass
    November 3, 2007 IZOD Center NJ
    November 13, 2007 Madison Square Garden NYC
    May 23, 2008 Madison Square Garden NYC

www.myspace.com/patvh5150

http://www.youtube.com/patvh5150

Favorite VH Album

VH II
    Favorite VH Song

D.O.A.
    Last Online

08.22.16 @ 01:33 PM
    Liked 67 Times in 65 Posts

i think you are gonna be pretty safe, like the above mentioned the heat is where the trouble is just dont drink any alcohol in the day and plenty of water, the commute should'nt be that bad because most are stayin on-site and they have made huge improvements since the first few times.but your in luck because the weather should be around 86 on friday and around the same on saturday.have fun
    I used to wonder why he was grinning all the time(Michael Ian Black talkin about EVH on VH1 I love the 80's) but then i realized the reason he's grinning is because he's Eddie F*#king Van Halen

Favorite VH Album

Van Halen 1
    Favorite VH Song

The one's Ed plays on
    Last Online

Premium Member

Quote Originally Posted by voivod View Post
    In previous years, most notably 2004, rain caused so much mud that it was thigh- high in some areas of the festival, due to humidity, spontaneous and short-lived thunderstorms, which are quite common. Ponchos, galoshes and old sweatshirts make for comfortable quick-fixes to an otherwise miserable run-in with the weather.

On the reverse side, Tennessee's relentless heat is an imperative factor when preparing for the festival. With all-day-long sunshine, and very little opportunity for shade, festival-goers should not hit the road without adequate amounts of sunscreen, sunglasses, hats and umbrellas. Fresh water and containers, fruit and coolers are a smart way to avoid dehydration. Light tapestries or old sheets are a bonus when spending a day in the sun - ideal for both taking a mid-day rest between sets, or drenching with water and draping around the body for some hardcore refreshment.

The festival itself takes the overwhelming heat into consideration, and does well at providing aquatic relief. A typical mid-day sight inside the venue consists of crowds, old and young clustered in and around a massive water fountain that pours out thousands of gallons of recycled water. There are several sporadically placed water stations for both bathing and drinking, not to mention trucks that sell bags of ice for about $3 each. Another way to find refuge from the rays is by stopping into one of the many tents set up, such as the comedy tent or vendor tents. There are also massive canopy tents set up around the venue, all spraying water mist.

While there are port-a-potty facilities available, it is wise to bring plenty of your own toilet paper, as well as hand-sanitizer. Flashlights, radios, bug spray, sneakers, tarps and trash bags are also key elements to sanity. And with nearly 20 hours of non-stop music each day, as well as round the clock lunacy rustling in the campsites, you will want to hang on to as much sanity as possible.

http://media.www.dailycollegian.com/...01-page3.shtml

http://www.theanchoronline.net/2007/...vive-bonnaroo/
    Thanks voivod. Heading out in about an hour.

VAN HALEN IS A LIFESTYLE

Favorite VH Album

For Unlawful Carnal Knowledge
    Favorite VH Song

Last Online

12.12.17 @ 02:10 PM
    Liked 550 Times in 382 Posts

I went in 2002 to the first Bonnaroo. You will have a great time, but yes, stay hydrated.

And bring some money if you are into drugs, cuz they are all there and in abundance.

Be sure to check out the Disco Biscuits late night performance.

Dance party!
    [B]
    Eddie Van Halen in 2012:

"ESQ: What are you going to do with all the material that you wrote with Sammy Hagar?

EVH: Oh, I hadn't thought about that. That's some great music. They're just on vacation, maybe. They're off to college and they're going their own way. Who knows?"

Atomic Punk
    Last Online

12.11.17 @ 04:37 PM
    Liked 1,229 Times in 448 Posts

"Watch what people are cynical about, and one can often discover what they lack.” -- Gen. George S. Patton

Favorite VH Album

Van Halen 1
    Favorite VH Song

The one's Ed plays on
    Last Online

Premium Member

Default ..

1 day down, 1 to go. Our first trek to Bonnaroo really went perfect. Going on the second day at an odd time (3:00ish) turned out perfect. Traffic was no big deal, getting through check in was no problem. Chris Rock impressed me. Holding that big of an audience, which was already getting their spots for Metallica, doing stand up can't be easy. He was great. Metallica was fucking Metallica. Love em or hate em. I happen to love em. First saw them on Van Halen's MOR tour in '88 at Arrowhead Stadium in KC. They converted me on that day with Harvester and Master. Here we are 20 years later, and they play both Harvester and Master. They are so intense live. Crowd was insane. Great first day, Jack Johnson and PEARL JAM tonight. Can't wait.

VAN HALEN IS A LIFESTYLE

Favorite VH Album

diver down
    Favorite VH Song

drop dead legs
    Last Online

12.14.17 @ 12:51 PM
    Liked 2,386 Times in 1,488 Posts

Premium Member

My last multiday festival was the ill fated Music Midtown Fest in Atlanta...getting a little old for those but god they are fun. Water ,Sunscreen and pace your drinking.