Favorite VH Album

Van Halen
    Favorite VH Song

Runnin' With The Devil
    Last Online

06.20.12 @ 10:40 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Default anyone with a 5150 III

my second new thread of the day, but ive found some cool stuff!

this is a photo of ed's new 5150 at the party for Sacred Sin's release a while back, and it looks like they got his personal settings on it. can anyone with a 5150 III try this out?

It is not an understatement to say that if a person ate a bowl of alphabet soup, they would shit better lyrics. -lmr5150 on Up For Breakfast

Give him the "secret devil sign", stick out your tongue and hiss like a demon while bellowing out THE DARKNESS WILL ENVELOPE THY SOUL AND FEAST OF THY FLESH, INFIDEL!!!!! Then gouge a pentagram in your forehead with a nail file. -LowLifeFlatHeadScum

A recent study shows 92% of the teenage population likes rap music. If you are part of the 8% who listen to real music, put this as your sig.

Quote Originally Posted by graeme View Post
    DipscheisßeBuchseAffenkönnennichtFotzeBleistiftdic kBettnässenzurückgebliebeMutterficker.

Favorite VH Album

Balance
    Favorite VH Song

Seventh Seal/Me Wise Magic
    Last Online

12.14.17 @ 04:54 PM
    Liked 412 Times in 247 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by hotforteacher921 View Post
    my second new thread of the day, but ive found some cool stuff!

this is a photo of ed's new 5150 at the party for Sacred Sin's release a while back, and it looks like they got his personal settings on it. can anyone with a 5150 III try this out?

You don't want Ed's personal settings from that gig..or anything he played in 2006 or 2005 or 2004.

His tone at that party from the clips I've heard wasn't that great.
    My man, when you are fantasizing, don't go for attainable, you can get attainable at the local Applebee's. - Dave's Dreidel

Favorite VH Album

Van Halen
    Favorite VH Song

Runnin' With The Devil
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

good point, haha. i did notice hes scooping his mids on this amp, he doesnt usually, does he?
    It is not an understatement to say that if a person ate a bowl of alphabet soup, they would shit better lyrics. -lmr5150 on Up For Breakfast

Give him the "secret devil sign", stick out your tongue and hiss like a demon while bellowing out THE DARKNESS WILL ENVELOPE THY SOUL AND FEAST OF THY FLESH, INFIDEL!!!!! Then gouge a pentagram in your forehead with a nail file. -LowLifeFlatHeadScum

A recent study shows 92% of the teenage population likes rap music. If you are part of the 8% who listen to real music, put this as your sig.

DipscheisßeBuchseAffenkönnennichtFotzeBleistiftdic kBettnässenzurückgebliebeMutterficker.

Favorite VH Album

Balance
    Favorite VH Song

Seventh Seal/Me Wise Magic
    Last Online

12.14.17 @ 04:54 PM
    Liked 412 Times in 247 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by hotforteacher921 View Post
    good point, haha. i did notice hes scooping his mids on this amp, he doesnt usually, does he?
    The only scoops I know of are the ones I receive when I head to Baskin Robbins...other than that...I can't help ya.

I know nothing about this sort of EQ stuff.
    My man, when you are fantasizing, don't go for attainable, you can get attainable at the local Applebee's. - Dave's Dreidel

Favorite VH Album

Van Halen
    Favorite VH Song

Runnin' With The Devil
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by EvH_316_5150 View Post
    The only scoops I know of are the ones I receive when I head to Baskin Robbins...other than that...I can't help ya.

scooping just means removing some of the midrange gain, which gives you more of a metal tone.

i prefer the baskin robbins scoops, myself.

Eruption
    Last Online

06.30.17 @ 01:26 AM
    Liked 131 Times in 74 Posts

those settings are pretty close.

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Hear about it later
    Last Online

12.03.10 @ 03:16 PM
    Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by EvH_316_5150 View Post

I had posted another thing about Ed's tone this morning, but this is the perfect forum. The answer is Ed's mids, at least on his Peavey 5150's were usually always set around "2". Again, this is from a head honcho that handled the certified dealer repair center applications. I was surprised when I was purchasin mine when they first came out given everything I had read about Ed's setteing in the past. On his Marshalls they were always on 10 because when you crank a Marshall everything kinda evens out at clipping. Proof that the 5150 is quite a different animal.
    She looks so $#@!'n good ,so sexy and so frail....Somethin's got the bite on me, I'm goin' straight to Hell.