Van Halen II
    Favorite VH Song

Drop Dead Legs
    Last Online

08.28.17 @ 03:27 PM
    Liked 98 Times in 54 Posts

Donor

Default 2008 NHL Offseason

Well, it's that time of year again already. Here's a link to the list of UFA's this year, and I'd be interested to see if any of you guys have a wish list.

2008 NHL UFA's

I'd like the Flyers to add some depth the their blue line for sure. Danny Syvret is a step in that direction, but a veteran guy wouldn't be too bad either. Brent Hedican maybe? I also wouldn't mind seeing another depth guy like Pat Thoersen added to the 3rd or 4th line. The Flyers still aren't a puck possession team, so a better defensive system will need to be implemented during training camp.

Let's Go Flyers!

"It's always a Catch-22 situation. They hate you if you're the same, and they hate you if you're different."
    ~Eddie Van Halen~

"The perfect woman has an IQ of 150, wants to make love until 4 in the morning, and then turns into a pizza."
    ~David Lee Roth~

Sucka'sFacebook

Favorite VH Album

('78-'84) VH 1; ('86-'95) 5150
    Favorite VH Song

Dave- I'm The One ; Sam- 5150
    Last Online

11.17.17 @ 12:11 PM
    Liked 1,033 Times in 543 Posts

All I can say is that FINALLY I feel good about the Bruins heading into next season. I really liked what I saw in the playoffs but I just hope it wasn't a fluke thing.

I won't bore you with the names of all the young guys that look legit but I will throw one at you - Milan Lucic. This kid is the closest thing to Cam Neely I've seen in a Bruins uniform in 10 years. No, I'm not saying he's Cam Neely...I'd never make that leap. But his style is very reminiscent of him. A big guy that can fight like a mother and will knock heads with anyone. On top of that he shows signs of having a very nice scoring touch when he gets the chance. He's the one guy that really jumped out at me this year.

I look forward to a full season in this thread with you guys. Aside from some thick headed Canadien fans you're all good shits that know your stuff.

(Relax, EVH_316......just bustin' ya. Don't throw a hissy fit. )

Milan Lucic.....remember that name.
    VH with Dave ('78-'84) - The best years....the "real" VH.
    VH with Sam ('86-'96) - Incredible era....."We have renamed this town 'New Halen!'.
    VH with Gary ('98) - Fucking disaster. WTF was that??
    VH with Wolf/Dave ('12-'15) - Amazing comeback. Smokin' album and tours.

Atomic Punk
    Favorite VH Album

the classic 6 pack
    Favorite VH Song

hmmm...everybody wants some
    Last Online

12.14.17 @ 09:52 PM
    Liked 967 Times in 387 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by SuckaInA3Piece View Post
    Well, it's that time of year again already. Here's a link to the list of UFA's this year, and I'd be interested to see if any of you guys have a wish list.

2008 NHL UFA's

I'd like the Flyers to add some depth the their blue line for sure. Danny Syvret is a step in that direction, but a veteran guy wouldn't be too bad either. Brent Hedican maybe? I also wouldn't mind seeing another depth guy like Pat Thoersen added to the 3rd or 4th line. The Flyers still aren't a puck possession team, so a better defensive system will need to be implemented during training camp.

Let's Go Flyers!

that link doesn't work sucka
    "you can't change JMJ, it's legendary"- Brett Norton 9/24/07

"It's the "JMJ" everyone had grown to love, man! Time to blow the roof off this place!"
    -Zachenfoot 2/23/10

"The links just look a little better with JMJ. Always has, always will." -Hurricane Halen 2/24/10

"I'm doin' the victory dance. Told ya I'd be back. Tell me ya missed me. Say it like ya mean it" - Blood and Fire. =VH= 2012. Welcome back boys :headband:

"I don't give a flying fuck about Motley Crue. I give about a half a fuck about Rush. I like Van Halen and don't give a flying fuck how many tickets they all sell. Any questions?"- jimmyw

Pope Of Greenwich Village SuckaInA3Piece's Avatar
    Favorite VH Album

Van Halen II
    Favorite VH Song

Drop Dead Legs
    Last Online

Donor

Quote Originally Posted by Joey M View Post
    that link doesn't work sucka
    Thank you kindly, sir.

http://www.sportscity.com/NHL/NHL-Fr...Position-2008/
    "It's always a Catch-22 situation. They hate you if you're the same, and they hate you if you're different."
    ~Eddie Van Halen~

"The perfect woman has an IQ of 150, wants to make love until 4 in the morning, and then turns into a pizza."
    ~David Lee Roth~

Sucka'sFacebook

Favorite VH Album

Van Halen II
    Favorite VH Song

Drop Dead Legs
    Last Online

Donor

Quote Originally Posted by Double Down View Post
    I won't bore you with the names of all the young guys that look legit but I will throw one at you - Milan Lucic. This kid is the closest thing to Cam Neely I've seen in a Bruins uniform in 10 years. No, I'm not saying he's Cam Neely...I'd never make that leap. But his style is very reminiscent of him. A big guy that can fight like a mother and will knock heads with anyone. On top of that he shows signs of having a very nice scoring touch when he gets the chance. He's the one guy that really jumped out at me this year.
    I was impressed by what I saw out of Lucic this year. Pretty tough kid that's not afraid to mix it up. And that's with or without the puck!

I was a Patrice Bergeron when I saw him play as a young kid coming into the NHL. He's had two back to back 70pts seasons, so it was unfortunate to watch him go down with a serious injury the way he did. It didn't help that it was at the hands of a Philadelphia Flyer, but it is what it is. I hope he back bounce back next year and continue to be productive.
    ~Eddie Van Halen~

~David Lee Roth~

Sucka'sFacebook

Eruption
    Last Online

09.23.13 @ 06:29 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

As a thick headed Canadiens fans, I thought the Bruins outplayed the Habs in the post season, with the exception of two games. Boston should have won that series.
    As for the Habs/Flyers series, I thought Montreal had the edge at times & just couldn't finish. Alas, the Flyers finished them. Oh well, at least the Habs are headed in the right direction. Boston should be tough this year. Ottawa? It depends on if they remove the dressing room cancer. And frigging Buffalo, every year they're sniffing around no matter who they loose. Which reminds me, Congrats to the Red Wings for capturing The Stanley Cup. That team looses key players and doesn't miss a beat. That's how you build a team.

Favorite VH Album

Favorite VH Song

Last Online

Quote Originally Posted by graphicbrian View Post
    As a thick headed Canadiens fans,

Nice.

What bothers me is that I actually like you Hab bastards. Muff is fucking riot and Yankee posts some of the funniest pics and graphics I've ever seen. EVH_316 is a hot head but he's harmless......just a youngin' trying to find his way.

Bruins in '08-'09.....
    VH with Sam ('86-'96) - Incredible era....."We have renamed this town 'New Halen!'.

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Atomic Punk
    Last Online

12.15.17 @ 05:38 AM
    Liked 147 Times in 84 Posts

Premium Member

Quote Originally Posted by SuckaInA3Piece View Post
    I was impressed by what I saw out of Lucic this year. Pretty tough kid that's not afraid to mix it up. And that's with or without the puck!

I was a Patrice Bergeron when I saw him play as a young kid coming into the NHL. He's had two back to back 70pts seasons, so it was unfortunate to watch him go down with a serious injury the way he did. It didn't help that it was at the hands of a Philadelphia Flyer, but it is what it is. I hope he back bounce back next year and continue to be productive.
    I will second Sucka's comments about Lucic. When I saw the Bruins at MSG this past season, he was the most noticeable Bruin on the ice.

You have good reason to be excited about the B's DD. IT definitely looks like they've turned a corner. It's always nice to see the original 6 doing well.
    ^
    ^
    ^---See that beer in my av? Brewed it myself.

VHLinks Official Brewmaster (title bought)
    Angry Turtle Brewing

Favorite VH Album

Van Halen II
    Favorite VH Song

Drop Dead Legs
    Last Online

Donor

Obviously some personnel decisions need to be made, but this is a good start for the Leafs.

Report: Wilson, Maple Leafs close to agreement on coaching vacancy

ESPN.com news services

It appears that the Toronto Maple Leafs may have found their next head coach.

TSN of Canada is reporting that the Maple Leafs and Ron Wilson are close to a four-year agreement that will bring the former San Jose Sharks coach to Toronto.

Ron Wilson has spent nearly two decades behind the bench with four different teams.

The report states that the two sides have several important issues to resolve before making the deal official, but they are expected to make an announcement early next week, perhaps sooner. Toronto interim general manager Cliff Fletcher and Wilson are expected to meet again Sunday.

According to TSN, Wilson was offered the position on Tuesday after meeting with team officials but chose to return to his home in Hilton Head, S.C., to consider the offer.

Wilson, who began his NHL career as a player in 1978 with the Leafs, was recently fired by the Sharks after the team was eliminated in the Western Conference semifinals by the Dallas Stars. The 53-year-old spent five seasons behind San Jose's bench and left the club as the coaching leader in wins (206), winning percentage (.535) and games coached in the Stanley Cup playoffs (52). While at the helm, Wilson's Sharks were 206-134-45 in the regular season, but they were only four games over .500 (28-24) in the postseason, a point of contention for his firing by San Jose.

Although Fletcher has been given the go-ahead from ownership to negotiate a deal with Wilson, he is expected to be replaced at some point. The group that owns the Maple Leafs, Maple Leaf Sports and Entertainment, is currently conducting a search.

Wilson has been coaching for 18 years, with a career record of 518-446-127 with the Washington Capitals, Anaheim Ducks and the Sharks. Wilson sits third in wins among active coaches, behind Calgary Flames coach Mike Keenan and Ottawa Senators coach and general manager Bryan Murray. Wilson also spent two seasons under former Leafs head coach Pat Quinn while the two were in Vancouver.

Wilson coached the Ducks in their inaugural season of 1993-94. In 1997-98, he led the Capitals to the Stanley Cup finals against the Detroit Red Wings.

Wilson also has experience in the international forum as head coach of the U.S. National Team at the 1998 Nagano Olympics and in 1996, where he was behind the bench when the U.S. won the first World Cup of Hockey.
    ~Eddie Van Halen~

~David Lee Roth~

Sucka'sFacebook

Favorite VH Album

Favorite VH Song

Last Online

Quote Originally Posted by jeff spicoli View Post
    I will second Sucka's comments about Lucic. When I saw the Bruins at MSG this past season, he was the most noticeable Bruin on the ice.

You have good reason to be excited about the B's DD. IT definitely looks like they've turned a corner. It's always nice to see the original 6 doing well.

Dude......your "All right, Hamilton!" sig is hilarious. I all but pissed myself.

I agree with your sentiment about the Original Six and I'll even extend that to the expansion of 1967. I may not like some of those team but the more this league started to expand to ridiculous lengths the more I found myself pulling for the old school teams.

Favorite VH Album

Changes On A Daily Basis
    Favorite VH Song

Ditto
    Last Online

07.10.17 @ 08:25 AM
    Liked 131 Times in 74 Posts

I'm still trying to figure out how Brian Burke is going to end up in Toronto.
    I'm sure it will happen, but the "how" will be interesting to watch.
    The Edge... there is no honest way to explain it because the only people who really know where it is are the ones who have gone over.
    -H.S.T

This next part could really confuse things. Let's stay focused. #asis

Hang 'Em High
    Favorite VH Album

You name it
    Favorite VH Song

See above
    Last Online

12.10.17 @ 08:06 AM
    Liked 226 Times in 162 Posts

So hockey night in Canada lost the hockey night theme song....what a sad day. TSN & RDS now get to use the theme, which essentially ruins CBC's Saturday night programming from a nostalgic/traditional point of view.

Anyways, big off-season for the Flames. Huselius, Langkow, Joseph, Nolan, Conroy, Hale, Yelle, and Vandermeer are all free-agents. I'd keep Nolan and Joseph, and probably Yelle. Hopefully Lombardi can take Lanks job and they land Jokinen or some other true number 1 center. Holes at left and right wing too....gonna be interesting.

Favorite VH Album

Van Halen II
    Favorite VH Song

Drop Dead Legs
    Last Online

Donor

Quote Originally Posted by Ain't Talkin' Bout' Love View Post
    So hockey night in Canada lost the hockey night theme song....what a sad day. TSN & RDS now get to use the theme, which essentially ruins CBC's Saturday night programming from a nostalgic/traditional point of view.

Anyways, big off-season for the Flames. Huselius, Langkow, Joseph, Nolan, Conroy, Hale, Yelle, and Vandermeer are all free-agents. I'd keep Nolan and Joseph, and probably Yelle. Hopefully Lombardi can take Lanks job and they land Jokinen or some other true number 1 center. Holes at left and right wing too....gonna be interesting.
    The Flames need more youth like NOW.
    ~Eddie Van Halen~

~David Lee Roth~

Sucka'sFacebook

Favorite VH Album

Changes On A Daily Basis
    Favorite VH Song

Ditto
    Last Online

07.10.17 @ 08:25 AM
    Liked 131 Times in 74 Posts

LA Kings fired Mark Crawford.
    The Edge... there is no honest way to explain it because the only people who really know where it is are the ones who have gone over.
    -H.S.T

This next part could really confuse things. Let's stay focused. #asis

Favorite VH Album

Van Halen II
    Favorite VH Song

Drop Dead Legs
    Last Online

Donor

Quote Originally Posted by Raoul Duke View Post
    LA Kings fired Mark Crawford.
    Does it even matter at this point? I was a fan of that program when Andy Murray was there, but it's been downhill for a long while now. I'll take Kopitar and Frolov if LA's plan is to just have those guys waste away their talents.
    ~Eddie Van Halen~

~David Lee Roth~

Sucka'sFacebook