Follow us on Twitter Follow us on Facebook Watch us on YouTube
Register
    Banned!
    Last Online

02.18.11 @ 08:09 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Default wolfgangs getting more expensive on ebay

hey all.

so i've been trailing wolfgang standradson ebay for a few years now. i have a red one but want a black and ivory one as well.

however, is it me or are these frickin things getting more expensive as time goes on?

i haven't seen a single one for less than 1800$ in quite a while and a few are starting to scratch $2000 on the buy it now button.

are these things actually getting bid up to those prices or is that just wishfull thinking by the sellers?

what are your thoughts on this? has the world actualy discovered a hidden gem perhaps?

Forum Frontman
    Last Online

07.04.16 @ 08:03 PM
    Liked 6 Times in 5 Posts

The pendulum swings...

Recently the average price on USA solid finish Wolfgang Specials dropped to a low I haven't seen in a couple of years; most were going for around $550. Yes, a short while back several flame top Wolfgangs were going for crazy-high amounts--$1,800-$2,200 or so. But there have also been several go for "normal-ish" prices--around $1,200.

In February I landed a purple flame top Wolfgang for $1,025, and a couple of weeks ago I paid $1,570 for a mint Custom Shop Wolfgang (which exceeded the most I'd ever paid for a Wolfgang by $20). The deals are still there, you just have to be patient and wait for them.

There's no way I'd spend $2,000 for a production model Wolfgang when a few of my best players cost $1,000 or more less than that.

Favorite VH Album

A Different Kind Of Truth
    Favorite VH Song

You And Your Blues
    Last Online

10.30.15 @ 04:15 PM
    Liked 4 Times in 3 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by AndrewThomas.net View Post
    The pendulum swings...

Recently the average price on USA solid finish Wolfgang Specials dropped to a low I haven't seen in a couple of years; most were going for around $550. Yes, a short while back several flame top Wolfgangs were going for crazy-high amounts--$1,800-$2,200 or so. But there have also been several go for "normal-ish" prices--around $1,200.

In February I landed a purple flame top Wolfgang for $1,025, and a couple of weeks ago I paid $1,570 for a mint Custom Shop Wolfgang (which exceeded the most I'd ever paid for a Wolfgang by $20). The deals are still there, you just have to be patient and wait for them.

There's no way I'd spend $2,000 for a production model Wolfgang when a few of my best players cost $1,000 or more less than that.

Ive seen pix, you have a fucking large amount of Wolfies in your collection......What the hell do you do for a living? lol!!
    FULL TIME LURKER

Good Enough
    Last Online

11.17.15 @ 08:56 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

In general, I think it's a buyers market right now due to the economy.
    I've seen ALOT of sellers take serious beatings on really nice guitars in the past few weeks or so. Not necessarily Wolfgangs, but just guitars in general.

As for Wolfgangs ...
    I'm really curious to see what these prices do when the new models become available.

Forum Frontman
    Last Online

07.04.16 @ 08:03 PM
    Liked 6 Times in 5 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by space4rent5150 View Post
    Ive seen pix, you have a fucking large amount of Wolfies in your collection......What the hell do you do for a living? lol!!
    Look at it this way: A few years ago, when I finally started making a decent living as a musician (which means I had to diversify--playing, teaching, producing and engineering, and doing guitar repairs and custom work), I put my money into gear rather than a retirement account. Now I just "recycle" it; I'll be selling two guitars to pay for this last Custom Shop model Wolf.

Favorite VH Album

OU812
    Favorite VH Song

Drop Dead Legs
    Last Online

08.08.17 @ 07:08 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by lil'devil View Post

what are your thoughts on this? has the world actualy discovered a hidden gem perhaps?
    The only reason the prices have gone up (quickly) is due to the current tour and revived interest it created. It's only natural that when the EVH line comes out, the price of the Wolfgangs will go down in the short-term. I think the values/prices of the Wolfgangs will stay relatively still. The reason being is that you'll have the Ernie Ball, Wolfgang, and EVH, lines which are all "ESSENTIALLY" the same guitar, with some minor tweaks here and there.

Yes, the market is not great for sellers right now. However, due to the economy, buyers are going to be more reluctant to spend money as well.

Banned!
    Last Online

02.18.11 @ 08:09 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by nicholas_kudochop View Post
    The only reason the prices have gone up (quickly) is due to the current tour and revived interest it created. It's only natural that when the EVH line comes out, the price of the Wolfgangs will go down in the short-term. I think the values/prices of the Wolfgangs will stay relatively still. The reason being is that you'll have the Ernie Ball, Wolfgang, and EVH, lines which are all "ESSENTIALLY" the same guitar, with some minor tweaks here and there.

Yes, the market is not great for sellers right now. However, due to the economy, buyers are going to be more reluctant to spend money as well.
    interesting points guys. i'll give a few auctions a try and see what happens.

thanks!