Favorite VH Song

unchained, little guitars
    Last Online

01.05.12 @ 06:49 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Default Great Show at the garden

Quote Originally Posted by Scotty View Post
    Reviews only.
    It was a great show at the Garden tonight. Everyone was spot on. We were told prior to the show that filming for the DVD was done tonight. They had additional camras tonight panning the pit area. People with lamanates were told before the show to not were them, which was ??. Good crowd tonight pit was packed aswell. It was funnny this show they had pit A were Pit B was last show. I though that was weird. Well my ears are ringing and I am tried I will have my Videos up next week.
    Van Halen shows
    July 28, 1980 Freedom Hall Louisville KY
    1981 Freedom Hall Louisville KY
    December 7, 1982 Freedom Hall Louisville KY
    Febuary 9, 1984 Freedom Hall Louisvile KY
    May 22, 1998 Madison Square Garden NYC
    August 15, 1998 Jones Beach LI NY
    June 19, 2004 Worcester Mass
    November 3, 2007 IZOD Center NJ
    November 13, 2007 Madison Square Garden NYC
    May 23, 2008 Madison Square Garden NYC

www.myspace.com/patvh5150

http://www.youtube.com/patvh5150

Romeo Delight
    Favorite VH Album

VH II
    Last Online

12.03.11 @ 04:44 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

PLEASE NOTE THAT THIS SHOW WILL BE RECORDED (sign on the door when we first walked in). Nice.
    Great show, got full crossroads, little magic bus, no Little guitars, what else can I say?. Third time I've seen them this tour, and they didn't dissapoint.
    I haven't read the other reviews in much detail so not sure about other shows, but one of Eddie's guitars had "VHNY" on it, along with the "2008" one.
    "It says one hundred percent guaranteed you moron"
    "Mister if you don't shut up I'm gonna kick one hundred percent of your ass!"

Favorite VH Album

VH 1
    Favorite VH Song

In A Simple Rhyme
    Last Online

10.22.16 @ 08:45 PM
    Liked 40 Times in 20 Posts

My 6th show on the tour; can't say it was the best playing wise-(that would go to MSG last time around) I'm the One had the middle section, Crossroads was 2 verses..far from a full version, but not sure what has been played before. They definitely seemed into it. Dave was hamming it up, ad libbing a bit more. Eddie wore his gray shirt all night, had a cool black striped guitar with VHNY on it. You'd think billionaires like these guys could wear different clothes---gray shirt is same on VH official site pic with Tiger Woods and Alex has worn that black shirt with the cross over and over. (Don't say DVD was the reason, cause they've done this way before there was talk of a DVD) Overall, the performance was great, since their actions made up for any drop off in musical performance. Some other notes--Cradle they shut the lights off every time right before the intro sound, which people here on the boards have said was recorded. This might back that up. Little Guitars was absent--and missed. Tons and tons of confetti at the end and Dave wore an oversized Napoleon hat, similar to the Pretty Woman video, but bigger. Wolfie was slightly more animated, played well. Ed stayed anchored by Alex, but his solo was short and efficient and priceless. No noise, no feedback, just the usual Eruption/Cathedral and a little other stuff. If this is my last VH show I will walk away happy about this tour and the upcoming DVD, but If I'm lucky, I will be seeing a DVD, new cd and tour in the future.

Romeo Delight
    Favorite VH Album

VH II
    Last Online

12.03.11 @ 04:44 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

After now thinking about it for a little while, I'm honestly not sure how this show will come out on DVD. Like the previous review, was good - but not as good as the last MSG show.
    Also, anyone think theres a chance of a live CD from this show, and maybe a future one?
    "It says one hundred percent guaranteed you moron"
    "Mister if you don't shut up I'm gonna kick one hundred percent of your ass!"

Favorite VH Album

All (Yes, even "VH 3").
    Favorite VH Song

All (except "How Many Say I")
    Last Online

08.31.17 @ 07:33 PM
    Liked 31 Times in 11 Posts

This show kicked the Nassau Coliseum show from November right in the ass!

Set list was the same minus "Little Guitars".

Eddie wasn't perfect by any stretch, but hey it's live music. If I want to hear the original recording then I'll play the CD. His solo was 100 times better than the one he did in November.

Dave was classic Dave although he didn't do the "hat on his pecker" trick which was fine by me.

Alex was a monster. His solo was incredible.

Wolfgang continues to impress me. He was much more animated then back in November and his background vocals were spot on.

I did miss hearing "Little Guitars" and was actually hoping for another track or two thrown in due to the fact that they were recording the show.

Bottom line: I was blown away yet again by the mighty Van Halen!!! Now...Bring on the DVD!!!
    Last edited by atomicpunk5150; 05.23.08 at 09:32 PM.
    "Question is,not does love exist,but when,she leaves,where she goes. I got a feeling she don't know either. Wait like the wind,watch where she blows..."

Favorite VH Song

tough decision
    Last Online

05.04.13 @ 04:04 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Freaking awesome!!!! Definately didn't hear Little Guitars, but did I miss Unchained? I was 2 feet away from the ramp, saw the video guy all night - had a great time!
    Van Halen

April 1978 Palladium, NYC
    March 1984 MSG, NYC
    July 1986 Meadowlands, NJ
    Oct 1988 Nassau Coliseum, NY
    July 1993 Jones Beach, NY
    April 1995 Nassau Coliseum, NY
    Oct 2007 Mohegan Sun, CT
    Nov 2007 Nassau Coliseum, NY
    May 2008 MSG, NYC

DLR June 2003 Westbury Music Fair, NY

Favorite VH Album

VH 1
    Favorite VH Song

In A Simple Rhyme
    Last Online

10.22.16 @ 08:45 PM
    Liked 40 Times in 20 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Goldustgrl View Post
    Freaking awesome!!!! Definately didn't hear Little Guitars, but did I miss Unchained? I was 2 feet away from the ramp, saw the video guy all night - had a great time!
    They played it, in fact Dave was acknowledging some people in the pit from his old radio show and didn't do the whole Wolfie --gimme a break thing--I was way up in 422.

Last Online

08.17.15 @ 11:51 AM
    Liked 10 Times in 4 Posts

Blew away the other two NY Shows. All because of Ed, Totally different person. Overall show... 11 on a 10 scale!!!!!!!!!!!!

Little Dreamer
    Favorite VH Album

I
    Favorite VH Song

currently, Romeo Delight
    Last Online

05.28.08 @ 05:18 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Ears are ringing...BIG smile on my face, 2 hours later.
    Better than the Coliseum show back in November, I agree. Better crowd, I thought. Happier - more into it. Rockin', singin' along, fists in the air.

The most interesting difference with this show - not sure if he did this at any other shows - was Dave doing some rap. What was that about? Trying to connect with Wolfie's peers?

This music got me through my HS years. I'd sit in the back of the class with my Sony walkman, blasting VH1 or Diver Down. They broke up before I got to see them live. I've seen Dave (who seemed to have the rights to these songs), and I've seen VH (the greatest guitar legend of our time.) But never together. This tour is my dream come true.

Cheers, Dave.
    Love...Always. And Thank You.

Little Dreamer
    Last Online

05.23.08 @ 10:47 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Default GREAT SHOW!!

I was there with my brother in law tonight, 3rd show of the tour. What can I say but awesome show and the crowd was 1000x better than IZOD last week. Everyone was actually standing up!! I had a freaking blast!! There is no better way to kick off summer than The Mighty VH at MSG!!!!!! Great time tonight!!!

Eruption
    Last Online

01.25.17 @ 04:18 AM
    Liked 7 Times in 2 Posts

Default Awesome

The show was amazing! I was front row center in the PIT , it doesnt get any better then that ! Props to all my PIT friends, Pat , Pats best friend, Karen , Aussie guy , etc, the PIT was on fire tonight.

My ears are ringing, my heads spinning, real review to come when I wake up tomorrow !

John

Good Enough ED'S A 20THCENTURY MOZART's Avatar
    Favorite VH Album

Like em all. even III. ;}
    Favorite VH Song

A Lot!
    Last Online

09.08.16 @ 05:36 PM
    Liked 116 Times in 66 Posts

Words cannot describe this event. Great crowd....Eddie does in fact rule. Mean Streets was stellar....He nailed it. My personal fav is always Atomic Punk,,,,,but HFT kicked the living shit out of everything!!!!!

At any rate, my first time at Madison Square Garden, And it was the best show out of the four I have seen this TOUR. And they were all freakin' GREAT!
    Oh my God...new music please..
    I DON'T NEED NO STINKIN' CLICK!

Favorite VH Album

All (Yes, even "VH 3").
    Favorite VH Song

All (except "How Many Say I")
    Last Online

08.31.17 @ 07:33 PM
    Liked 31 Times in 11 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by ED'S A 20THCENTURY MOZART View Post
    Words cannot describe this event. Great crowd....Eddie does in fact rule. Mean Streets was stellar....He nailed it. My personal fav is always Atomic Punk,,,,,but HFT kicked the living shit out of everything!!!!!

At any rate, my first time at Madison Square Garden, And it was the best show out of the four I have seen this TOUR. And they were all freakin' GREAT!
    Oh my God...new music please..
    Hot For Teacher blew the roof off MSG! So did Ed's solo. He left me with the impression that he was trying to tell all of the pretenders out there, "Top this bitches".

And yes...NEW MUSIC PLEASE!
    "Question is,not does love exist,but when,she leaves,where she goes. I got a feeling she don't know either. Wait like the wind,watch where she blows..."

Romeo Delight
    Favorite VH Album

A Different Kind Of Truth
    Favorite VH Song

As Is
    Last Online

06.19.13 @ 05:43 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by IamNOTed,alex,mike,orDave View Post
    PLEASE NOTE THAT THIS SHOW WILL BE RECORDED (sign on the door when we first walked in). Nice.
    Great show, got full crossroads, little magic bus, no Little guitars, what else can I say?. Third time I've seen them this tour, and they didn't dissapoint.
    I haven't read the other reviews in much detail so not sure about other shows, but one of Eddie's guitars had "VHNY" on it, along with the "2008" one.
    At the Mohegan Show Tuesday night they had the same sign on the door but never saw any extra cameras for filming.