Audio/Video Trading Community
    Tons of Van Halen!

Favorite VH Album

Favorite VH Song

Too many to decide
    Last Online

10.08.15 @ 11:37 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Wow, they sound a lot like some of the terrible quality bootlegs i have from the DLR years.

Looks like they are having a blast up on stage...hopefully there wasn't a cover charge to get in the door.
    Money can't buy you happiness, but it can buy you a yacht big enough to pull up right alongside it. DLR

Romeo Delight
    Last Online

05.23.08 @ 09:45 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Beyond awful, worse than mini kiss

Favorite VH Album

Balance
    Favorite VH Song

Seventh Seal/Me Wise Magic
    Last Online

12.17.17 @ 11:57 AM
    Liked 415 Times in 250 Posts

When did the lead singer for Heart play in a Tribute band?
    My man, when you are fantasizing, don't go for attainable, you can get attainable at the local Applebee's. - Dave's Dreidel

Favorite VH Album

Van Halen 1!!
    Favorite VH Song

Bottoms Up!
    Last Online

09.05.09 @ 07:30 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

I'm sorry you all feel that way. I'm the bass player for Sheruption. As you can imagine, this music is VERY difficult to master. Our guitarist has been working really hard on this. She is a great little player but the Eddie stuff is VERY difficult as I'm SURE you can imagine. She has some of the solos really great, and some she has to improvise. She's always practicing and trying her best. But she tries to capture Eddie's essence. She never claims that she is doing it note for note. We've only had 2 shows so far, that video is from show #1 with the first vocalist that didn't work out.
    We had our 2nd show with our new vocalist friday night, and people went nuts! They really seemed to love us, many people came up to us after and said it was such a fun show to be at and alot of people asked when they could see us again. We are really energetic and entertaining on stage, or so we've been told. Most peope aren't 'nit picking' the solos during our shows, although I'm sure there will be people such as yourselves that will do just that. But the majority of people see us capture the VH essence and just love us. We know we can't please everyone. But if you look at our myspace page, you can see all the positive comments posted.
    We wanted to be the first all girl Van Halen tribute and we are working hard and will only get better. So how about cutting us a break? We're huge Van Halen fans just like you, wanting to pay homage to our band. We're just having some fun and people loved it the other night, so maybe if you see us live you'll think differently.
    Thank you and rock on.

Favorite VH Album

Sound Magazine
    Favorite VH Song

I Think I Love You
    Last Online

06.07.15 @ 10:30 AM
    Liked 3 Times in 2 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Maddie Anthony View Post
    I'm sorry you all feel that way. I'm the bass player for Sheruption. As you can imagine, this music is VERY difficult to master. Our guitarist has been working really hard on this. She is a great little player but the Eddie stuff is VERY difficult as I'm SURE you can imagine. She has some of the solos really great, and some she has to improvise. She's always practicing and trying her best. But she tries to capture Eddie's essence. She never claims that she is doing it note for note. We've only had 2 shows so far, that video is from show #1 with the first vocalist that didn't work out.
    We had our 2nd show with our new vocalist friday night, and people went nuts! They really seemed to love us, many people came up to us after and said it was such a fun show to be at and alot of people asked when they could see us again. We are really energetic and entertaining on stage, or so we've been told. Most peope aren't 'nit picking' the solos during our shows, although I'm sure there will be people such as yourselves that will do just that. But the majority of people see us capture the VH essence and just love us. We know we can't please everyone. But if you look at our myspace page, you can see all the positive comments posted.
    We wanted to be the first all girl Van Halen tribute and we are working hard and will only get better. So how about cutting us a break? We're huge Van Halen fans just like you, wanting to pay homage to our band. We're just having some fun and people loved it the other night, so maybe if you see us live you'll think differently.
    Thank you and rock on.
    Good luck to you and keep trying.
    I don't envy your guitar player, though. She's on the hot seat. Van Halen is, obviously, a band that is famous for having a monster guitarist who plays really hard stuff, and a VH tribute band is going to draw lots of guitarists who know every note of every song. They're going to notice if she can't pull it off.
    It's not good enough to say, "Well, it's hard!" The audience knows it's hard to play. That's why they bought a ticket.
    Your comment about capturing the "VH essence" is valid, and is definitely an important aspect of the production, but your guitarist has got to expect some criticism from the guitar geeks in the audience; and a VH show is going to have lots of guitar geeks. We are legion.
    On a positive note, if she can pull it off, she will earn the undying respect of the local guitar crowd. The day after the show, folks in the music community will be saying, "Did you see that VH tribute band last night? Man, she nailed it!" And more people will buy tickets to the next show.

So, again, good luck. If there's any way I can help, let me know. But remember, you are not allowed to say "Give us a break, guys, this is hard." That's unprofessional. People pay money to see other people do things they can't do. They don't pay money to give you a break.

Don't read this.

Favorite VH Album

Van Halen 1!!
    Favorite VH Song

Bottoms Up!
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

When I say "give us a break", I mean on THIS PUBLIC FORUM.
    We understand that there will be 'guitar geeks' in the audience and we do expect that. Plus being girls, we have to work twice as hard to prove ourselves, thats all I'm saying.
    She had your so called 'guitar geeks' coming up to her the other night telling her how great she was and how much they enjoyed her. She's highly entertaining on stage. She never stops moving and smiling. We all try to entertain.
    So as I said, the more shows we do, the better we're gonna be. We practice all the time. So we're trying our best.
    People bought tickets the other night and couldn't wait to buy another one, as we were told by many people.
    So I have the confidence to go out and do more shows. When I hear a 'boo' or noone comes up after the show and tells us how much they enjoyed it and whats your website and when are you playing again, then we'll throw in the towel. Until then, we're moving forward.
    Thank you.

Favorite VH Album

Fair warning, 5150
    Favorite VH Song

HAIL, love walks in, 5150
    Last Online

@
    Liked 6,354 Times in 3,194 Posts

Premium Member

Donor

We understand that there will be 'guitar geeks' in the audience and we do expect that. Plus being girls, we have to work twice as hard to prove ourselves, thats all I'm saying.
    She had your so called 'guitar geeks' coming up to her the other night telling her how great she was and how much they enjoyed her. She's highly entertaining on stage. She never stops moving and smiling. We all try to entertain.
    So as I said, the more shows we do, the better we're gonna be. We practice all the time. So we're trying our best.
    People bought tickets the other night and couldn't wait to buy another one, as we were told by many people.
    So I have the confidence to go out and do more shows. When I hear a 'boo' or noone comes up after the show and tells us how much they enjoyed it and whats your website and when are you playing again, then we'll throw in the towel. Until then, we're moving forward.
    Thank you.
    Well good luck, you'll need it. Do what you love and don't look back.

Favorite VH Album

Sound Magazine
    Favorite VH Song

I Think I Love You
    Last Online

06.07.15 @ 10:30 AM
    Liked 3 Times in 2 Posts

Thank you.
    One break coming up!

Good luck.

Don't read this.

Atomic Punk
    Favorite VH Album

VHIII/WACF/OU51BALUCK
    Last Online

07.24.11 @ 04:36 PM
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

hey now I can totally echo Kimmie by saying "I'd do Eddie...from Sheruption!"

I thought the clip was cool. Keep it up. I'd buy a ticket to see them.

Favorite VH Album

Van Halen 1!!
    Favorite VH Song

Bottoms Up!
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Well I appreciate the good luck sentiments, we KNOW we need it, lol. But seriously, we are trying to do VH Proud, not trying to make any kind of mockery. We are trying to bring the characters to life and show the fun side of what VH is all about. We're always practicing and trying to get things better and tighter.
    Here is a cool review that "Bob the Blade" wrote about our first show in Raleigh. He's a prominent DJ there with Raleigh's 96 ROCK radio station. And we didn't know him at all and he wrote this about us:
    http://bobtheblade.blogspot.com/2008...at-volume.html
    There are also some reviews on tributecity.com.
    Thanks and hopefully if we're playing near you, you'll give us a chance and check us out.
    Thank you, rock on.

Little Dreamer
    Last Online

05.28.08 @ 09:39 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by waterdog5 View Post
    I think what you are doing is great! Sure, there are some rough edges, but so what? You can fix those! Everyone goes thru that stage, and remember: there IS a diamond in that rough, just keep polishing! If y'all practice you asses off MERCILESSY for a year, you won't believe the difference! I love how you put a lot of thought and effort into making your gear and stage look like a VH show! FOUR bass drums? YEEHAW! The Jack Daniels bass...awesome! The curtain drop was cool as well. :-) You guys have good stage presence.

Learn all you can about the way the guys in VH play. Although they are loud as hell, there are a LOT of subtleties in there music.

There are instruction DVDs for Ed's style of playing. Also, tell her to get the MXR EVH 90 Phaser. Set it for "script" and set the knob at 9 O'clock you'll be amazed at the difference in tone. That, plus a good crunchin' amp (but don't crank the preamp gain so much that the tone is lost, and a nice digital reverb will go a LONG way toward getting the rig right. The rest is in her hands. :-)

Just keep working at it , bust your asses to refine your playing as individuals and as a band. (We all have to! LOL)

Just refine, refine, and then refine some more!

By the way, that B-52 amp that your guitarist is using...I was the project development manager for that amp. That amp is my brainchild. (So I hope she really likes it! LOL)

Best of luck!

Johnny
    Last edited by johnnyguitar69; 05.25.08 at 03:55 PM.

Favorite VH Album

Van Halen 1!!
    Favorite VH Song

Bottoms Up!
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Well thank you very much for the info about the phaser, etc,,,,,,I will relay that to her.
    As far as the stage in that video, most of that isn't our stuff, we were opening for "Fair Warning", the VH tribute out of Raleigh, that is their drumset and amps. We have our own amps and stuff, but decided to just use theirs for that show. Yes that is a killer drumset!! We have had a banner made, and will work on some other stuff for our own stage.
    We have been at the practicing since september. Its taken that long to get up to the almost 20 songs we have now, and we have atleast 5 or so more to go before we can do our own show, and of course some 'polishing up'. But we were just itching to get out there and play, so we did a few opening shows (2 so far) and it was a blast and it got a great reception, so its onward and forward!
    Thanks for the advice and support, I really appreciate it.
    Learning this music has definitely made us all better players and will continue to do so.