Favorite VH Album

all the above
    Favorite VH Song

top jimmy
    Last Online

12.12.17 @ 10:35 AM
    Liked 17 Times in 9 Posts

Default If you had a evh frankie

would you gig with it?The drummer in our band thinks its a bad idea he says too 80's and looks korny.I could care less what he thinks the guitar sounds and plays fantastic.Now it wouldn't be every song but it would be dumb not to be able to play it live.

Eruption
    Last Online

10.19.17 @ 03:51 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Plays great and you can get quality tone with it? Sounds like you are good to go. Don't let it collect dust.

Tell your drummer to stick to his symbols.

HOWEVER, if it is a $25,000 frankie, I'd reconsider that thought (i.e. I wouldn't want anyone screwing with it - too much $$$ invested - probably not the best thing to do with $25k nowadays).

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Mean Street
    Last Online

08.10.15 @ 12:03 PM
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

First off I love that guitar and would have it mounted on a wall in my house if I owned it. The fact that Eddie doesnt use it anymore pisses me off.

I understand your drummers claim it is to 80's. How serious are you with this band? Is it a fun band or are you guys looking for a record deal? If it is for fun then I would use it. If your looking to get signed then I can understand your drummers comment.
    Either way it looks great and that and if it plays good then use it. That is something to be proud of.

Good Enough
    Last Online

11.17.15 @ 08:56 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Ironic ... EvH used to play an ES-335 til the other guys in the band told him he looked like Roy Orbison.

I think you'll find that the only people who will "critique" you will be other musicians ...
    These are the same musicians that go to your gigs and stand there with their arms crossed, critiqueing you the entire time no matter what kind of guitar you're playing anyway, so who cares.

Last Online

02.16.10 @ 05:23 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

What does your drummer know? The crowd would be stoked to see you bust a crazy guitar out.

Favorite VH Album

Van Halen
    Favorite VH Song

Runnin' With The Devil
    Last Online

06.20.12 @ 10:40 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

play it, man! im gonna play mine!
    It is not an understatement to say that if a person ate a bowl of alphabet soup, they would shit better lyrics. -lmr5150 on Up For Breakfast

Give him the "secret devil sign", stick out your tongue and hiss like a demon while bellowing out THE DARKNESS WILL ENVELOPE THY SOUL AND FEAST OF THY FLESH, INFIDEL!!!!! Then gouge a pentagram in your forehead with a nail file. -LowLifeFlatHeadScum

A recent study shows 92% of the teenage population likes rap music. If you are part of the 8% who listen to real music, put this as your sig.

Quote Originally Posted by graeme View Post
    DipscheisßeBuchseAffenkönnennichtFotzeBleistiftdic kBettnässenzurückgebliebeMutterficker.

Favorite VH Album

all the above
    Favorite VH Song

top jimmy
    Last Online

12.12.17 @ 10:35 AM
    Liked 17 Times in 9 Posts

Looks like the next gig i'm breaking it out.Thanks guys i knew you would say do it.

Eruption
    Last Online

07.04.12 @ 08:16 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Yep. Smart move. Play that fucker.
    That's what guitars like that are for.
    I put just as much effort in the sound and tone with my guitars as I do with the look. They are meant to be played.
    I sold a Frankenstrat to a guy in a local band and he breaks it out during VH tunes. The crowd goes nuts everytime.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "Talent is God Given, But Success is Hard Work"

www.ronscustomguitars.com

Baluchitherium
    Favorite VH Album

VH1, VHII or Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

They're all great!
    Last Online

04.02.15 @ 07:26 AM
    Liked 5 Times in 2 Posts

Donor

i play mine all the time with my bands (1 is a punk band another is a blues based thing but mainly its classic rock stuff) and i go these open mic jam nights where everyone is playing the same old pop cover tunes or the same old crowded house songs....then i turn up with a stripey guitar, tattoos and bad hair and promptly start blasting out eruption and panama....it gets people talking...good or bad i dont care, it shows they are listening and you're making an impression, which is what its all about....screw your drummer, he just hits things.
    http://www.facebook.com/Tommywho5150

And with that I'm off to the kitchen to make myself a lesbian omelette...LLFHS in response to one of Graeme's post's

"The anal beads may have scarred SNIC for life. That guy is tough as fucking nails!! No normal guy could take anal beads to the head and survive! "...OLO on SNIC's near death experience at TLW

"I'm a 45-year-old man, and I still like to wear a thong or a speedo when I go swimming.
    Not because I have a great body, it's just an easy way to make sure I have the hotel swimming pool all to myself."...Bullwinkle for quite obvious reasons!

"Dude, the cashier gave me the creepiest sneer when he rang up my unmentionables!"...Sassy Lassy during a Facebook conversation!

Favorite VH Album

1984 / 5150
    Favorite VH Song

the ones with ed on them.
    Last Online

07.20.17 @ 02:42 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Donor

Play the damn thing! Granted, outside of my trib band, "Fair Warning", I wouldn't play mine all night, but hell, maybe half the night!

Go for it. Guitars are meant to be played, NOT stored in cases and hung on walls...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"20 minutes (late to work)? Shit. Last year I woke up three weeks too late.
    My advice is to go for the alien abduction story. Look bemused, dishevelled and on the verge of tears as you recount your story of intrusive and degrading medical tests.
    Worked for me anyway. I still have colleagues asking me what it is like to fuck a green womanoid with seventeen breasts.
    Alternatively just walk in and inform everyone that alcoholism is indeed a disease and that they should be less judgemental and perhaps a little more supportive."
    - graeme on the addiction to this place.

"something tells me that after the nuclear holocaust, there'll be twinkies, cockroaches, and a dave vs. sammy argument going on somewhere".
    - han valen, 6.11.04

"in my best "saw" scary movie voice: "oh, yes, there will be beagles."
    - hatchetforce, 6.7.06

Top Of The World
    Last Online

12.14.09 @ 03:10 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by sixstring View Post
    Play the damn thing! Granted, outside of my trib band, "Fair Warning", I wouldn't play mine all night, but hell, maybe half the night!

Go for it. Guitars are meant to be played, NOT stored in cases and hung on walls...
    Hell, I have to play mine all the time because it's the only guitar I own that sounds good

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

HAIL, DDL, Dirty Movies
    Last Online

12.12.17 @ 07:07 AM
    Liked 1,606 Times in 743 Posts

Premium Member

Awesome looking guitar. I wouldnt think twice about playing it live.

Anyone who thinks that guitar looks corny is a blind fool.
    If you have nothing nice to say about Eddie Van Halen, you're at the right website. - Me (A few years ago)

"People take Van Halen much more seriously than we do" - David Lee Roth (1980's)

"I don't sit on the end of your bed while you're trying to make a living" - David Lee Roth (1988)

"For some reason people love to complain about everything. The internet has made it easy for people to do that. Shut the fuck up and get a life, or show me how good you can do it."- Edward Van Halen

"A lot of people ask me which Van Halen singer was better. You can't compare them. It's like asking which guitarist is better. Nobody is better than anybody. Every player is their own person."-Edward Van Halen

"I do like Eddie Van Halen as a player. He gets it right quite often." -Paul McCartney

Good Enough
    Last Online

11.17.15 @ 08:56 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

I'm thinking if you just change the "1984" to "2008", your drummer may not think it looks so "80's".

Baluchitherium
    Favorite VH Album

VH1, VHII or Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

They're all great!
    Last Online

04.02.15 @ 07:26 AM
    Liked 5 Times in 2 Posts

Donor

Quote Originally Posted by Dino5150 View Post
    I'm thinking if you just change the "1984" to "2008", your drummer may not think it looks so "80's".
    thats a possibility but remember he's a drummer, he probably cant read too good and numbers just aren't his thing...hence the need to hit things!!

(note) i dont have it in for drummers im sure you are all fine intelligent people and you are all valid musicians....its just that you are easy targets....really you are!
    http://www.facebook.com/Tommywho5150

And with that I'm off to the kitchen to make myself a lesbian omelette...LLFHS in response to one of Graeme's post's

"The anal beads may have scarred SNIC for life. That guy is tough as fucking nails!! No normal guy could take anal beads to the head and survive! "...OLO on SNIC's near death experience at TLW

"I'm a 45-year-old man, and I still like to wear a thong or a speedo when I go swimming.
    Not because I have a great body, it's just an easy way to make sure I have the hotel swimming pool all to myself."...Bullwinkle for quite obvious reasons!

"Dude, the cashier gave me the creepiest sneer when he rang up my unmentionables!"...Sassy Lassy during a Facebook conversation!

Eruption
    Last Online

10.19.17 @ 03:51 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Dino5150 View Post
    I didn't think that most drummers could count past 4 anyway.

I KID, I KID!!!!!!!!!!!!!!