...AND ON THE SEVENTH DAY, GOD CREATED VAN HALEN

VAN HALEN IS A LIFESTYLE

Favorite VH Album

Favorite VH Song

Girl Gone Bad
    Last Online

12.16.17 @ 06:28 PM
    Liked 44 Times in 27 Posts

It was a good show. Everyone sounded really good. My wife and I got to our seats at 8:15 and the show started promptly at about 8:30.
    We had 3rd floor seats, along the back wall. It was hard to see the band without using the jumbo video screen, but they looked to be having a genuinely good time.
    I thought Eddie played really well. It was my first time seeing the band live, so I have nothing to really compare it to.
    I went to the concert without any knowledge of the set list. I do that purposely, because I like to be pleasantly suprised. I thought the set list was good.
    I did read a thread title last week that mentioned that "Little Guitars" was removed from the set. It wasn't played last night. That was a bit of a downer because that is one of my favorite VH songs of all.
    However, I was glad to hear "So This Is Love?", and "Meanstreet." I thought the band nailed those songs.
    During one of the songs (I can't remember which one), I thought I heard a few seconds of "Smoke On The Water" thrown in.
    Again, it was a good show.

Little Dreamer
    Last Online

05.28.15 @ 11:39 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Default LOOK OUT!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Gypsy King View Post
    It was a good show. Everyone sounded really good. My wife and I got to our seats at 8:15 and the show started promptly at about 8:30.
    We had 3rd floor seats, along the back wall. It was hard to see the band without using the jumbo video screen, but they looked to be having a genuinely good time.
    I thought Eddie played really well. It was my first time seeing the band live, so I have nothing to really compare it to.
    I went to the concert without any knowledge of the set list. I do that purposely, because I like to be pleasantly suprised. I thought the set list was good.
    I did read a thread title last week that mentioned that "Little Guitars" was removed from the set. It wasn't played last night. That was a bit of a downer because that is one of my favorite VH songs of all.
    However, I was glad to hear "So This Is Love?", and "Meanstreet." I thought the band nailed those songs.
    During one of the songs (I can't remember which one), I thought I heard a few seconds of "Smoke On The Water" thrown in.
    Again, it was a good show.

this was my 5th show of this tour...philly, dc, san diego, columbus and bmore. last night was the best by far. dave was awesome....voice nailed the songs. ed was perfect. wolfie and al....we know the deal there, all good. had 4th row in the ring. i could not believe how great they sounded. dave did mention that they were recording the show but i did not see any extra cameras last night as opposed to the other shows that i went to and i spent a few minutes before walking around to look for that. same set with crossroads and magic bus. dave and ed we getting along great. ed maybe did one half of a flying eddie all night. even on panama he just kinda scotted off the riser. must have hip issues again as wolfie got more air. show was tight as ever. in my oppinion it was the best musical performance i have ever seen at a concert....vh or other. it smoked. wish i could make it to hershey on sunday.
    bmore crowd was into it better than all other cities except maybe san diego. great great night for VH and Baltimore.

Eruption
    Last Online

08.02.17 @ 01:39 PM
    Liked 9 Times in 8 Posts

U N R E A L !!!...The best I ever seen them perform..not just saying that because its my home town..wait to you see the clips..if there are any ..Big Smile out of Alex that took up the entire jumbotron !!!..cant remember what song it was but it was nailed !!..everything was nailed ..Wolf is on !
    ..In 1984 Van Halen Jumped Panama
    Topped Jimmy & Dropped Dead Legs
    ..Ill Wait in this House of Pain with the
    Girl Gone Bad while I am really Hot for Teacher..

..Think it was easy ?..you stare at an album
    Cover that long..

Little Dreamer
    Last Online

06.16.16 @ 05:29 PM
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

I would have to agree - great show. Band and the crowd seemed to have a lot more energy than DC back in November. My wife said she thought Dave was a little off; that he missed some words in some some songs - but what the hell does she know!
    As mentioned above, no Little Guitars which is also my favorite VH song so a little disappointment there.

During the set Dave said something like "We started recording for the first time in ages". I wasn't sure if he was talking about the DVD or if they are working on new music. Any one else catch this?

Favorite VH Album

VH 1 & 2
    Favorite VH Song

way too many.....
    Last Online

10.06.13 @ 04:30 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by challerain View Post
    I would have to agree - great show. Band and the crowd seemed to have a lot more energy than DC back in November. My wife said she thought Dave was a little off; that he missed some words in some some songs - but what the hell does she know!
    As mentioned above, no Little Guitars which is also my favorite VH song so a little disappointment there.

During the set Dave said something like "We started recording for the first time in ages". I wasn't sure if he was talking about the DVD or if they are working on new music. Any one else catch this?
    Funny you mention that-I caught the same thing-and had the same question. Not sure. I'm hoping for the new music part-but I'll take the DVD if that's all I can get!

Review will be later!

"All right, Wolf, which one do you want?"
    -DLR, 05/15/08, BALTIMORE, to me and my best friend

But one night's all we're given,
    So, baby, leave me alone, or, baby, stay the night

The Van Halen I grew up on showed up at the party, drank all your alcohol and fucked your girlfriend. The Sammy era seemed more like spending a Saturday night alone with your girlfriend telling her how much you love her. - Sickman, summing it all up for me!

Last Online

04.11.13 @ 09:20 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

great show. 4th row in the ring against the ring wall ed's side.

Band sounded great. I talked to the security guy (band not arena) who they were initially told they would be filming but had decided not to that day. He said they were gonna do most of the filming at MSG.

Same set except take out Little Guitars and substitute Crossroads in SBGMD. Ed ripped that up- would love to see that on DVD or maybe as cover on a new album. When Dave said the had started recording "first the first time in a long time" I took it to mean new music. Right after he said that I looked at Ed who had strange "Oh man...shut up" look on his face.

My 3rd show of tour (philly, dc, balt) and this was great; energy not as high as in philly but sound better than dc and on par with philly.
    I may not go down in history, but I will go down on your sister.

Romeo Delight
    Last Online

01.18.16 @ 03:27 PM
    Liked 4 Times in 1 Post

I agree this was better than DC. They seemed to have more energy or maybe it was the crowd. The crowd was much better than DC. Quite a few empty seats but everyone there seemed to really dig it. They were all on.
    Some clips have shown up on youtube.

http://youtube.com/results?search_qu...e&search_type=

Favorite VH Album

all of them
    Favorite VH Song

If its Eddie, its Van Halen
    Last Online

12.15.17 @ 07:37 PM
    Liked 527 Times in 242 Posts

This isn't a review but a question.
    I have not seen one review on this leg make any mentions of sound issues that we got before. Has theer been any? Didn't Ed go back to his old tech?
    'Old Van Halen, when I was in it-classic Van Halen-makes you wanna drink, dance and screw, right? And the new Van Halen encourages you to drink milk, drive a Nissan and have a relationship.' - David Lee Roth.

Favorite VH Album

Favorite VH Song

Girl Gone Bad
    Last Online

Quote Originally Posted by Eddymon View Post
    This isn't a review but a question.
    I have not seen one review on this leg make any mentions of sound issues that we got before. Has theer been any? Didn't Ed go back to his old tech?
    I did not notice any sound issues. The whole band sounded great all night. Ed's playing was right on.

As far as Dave's statement that "we started recording for the first time in ages," I took that to mean that the band was working on new material.

Romeo Delight
    Last Online

11.28.16 @ 02:14 PM
    Liked 12 Times in 7 Posts

Great show, really impressed with Eddie who was pretty flawless apart from his solo spot which was just ok.

I thought the sound was fine, really loud from where I was near the front but I like it that way.

I assumed Roth's comment was that they were writing/recording new material?

Favorite VH Album

I, Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

RWTD, In A Simple Rhyme
    Last Online

01.09.12 @ 06:05 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

I'm now finally getting a second to write a review ... Wow!!!! What a show ... I had a great time. I thought the entire band sounded GREAT! Wolf looks good with his new hair cut ... the EMO look wasn't doing it for him IMO (probably the parent in me coming out ... lol). Speaking of which, I took my 15 yr. old son to his first concert ... He had a blast. Great afternoon and Great evening with the boy.

Now for the review:

David Lee sound better than I've heard him in the three shows of this tour that I've been at ... even the YouTube clips ... He sounded great. He was hitting the high end notes and pulling off the signature scream here and there. It's hard to beleive that Dave looks the way he does for 53. Dave appeared to be in good spirits ... happy to be in Baltimore.

Eddie looked and sounded great. His playing was dead on. There was something in the solo that was mentioned earlier ... I can't put my finger on it ... there was just something a little off, but still I think it was perfect ... it was Eddie ... He looked like he was having a good time ... he looks healthy ... like he's trying to take care of himself ...

Alex sounded awesome ... the solo ... everything ... he too looked like he was having fun ...

Wolfgang is coming around ... I thought his singing and playing were great ... he's come a long way since the beginning of the tour ... he looked comfortable being out there ... having fun ...

The whole band seemed to be having a great time ... Every song sounded great ... what a good time ... and I thought the sound was loud and good ... it wasn't muddy at all where I was sitting (Wolf's side / one section up off the floor / one section over).

The crowd was fun to watch ... the people on the floor throwing their fists forward during parts of songs looked awesome with the stage lights hitting them (must be quite a sight from the stage). As far as crowds go, the Baltimore crowd was there ... everyone that I was around were on their feet for two hours and dancing and singing, and smokin' ... (Hey Dad, you smell that ... lol ... ) ... I'm thinking to myself ... "great ... just great" ... ... Baltimore was a great crowd ... better than the D.C. crowd ... however, the Greensboro show still ranks at the top for me (out of the three shows I saw) ... the 2nd night of the tour ... all the anticipation ... it was electric ... and for me during the first three songs, I went back 22 years ... it was surreal. The Baltimore show was the best sounding over all for me ... song-for-song ... a good night for a DVD recording IF they were recording at all ...

Well, that's it for me ... no more shows this tour ...

I'm hoping for good things to come with these guys ... like new music ... time will tell ...

I did make it to Pickles around 5:45 ... stayed until 6:30 ... I didn't run into anyone ... I was hoping to bump into someone ... I was the easy one to pick out ... I had a 15 yr. old with me ... lol ... maybe next time ...

Thanks Eddie, Alex, Dave and Wolfgang for a great night in Baltimore!!!!!!

VH fan for life ...
    Last edited by JimmyG; 05.17.08 at 03:28 PM.
    7/28/1981–LANDOVER, MD–CAPITAL CENTRE
    10/11/1982–LANDOVER, MD–CAPITAL CENTRE
    3/25/1984–LANDOVER, MD–CAPITAL CENTRE
    8/8/1986–LANDOVER, MD–CAPITAL CENTRE–VH w/ HAGER
    10/7/1986–LANDOVER, MD–CAPITAL CENTRE–DLR
    6/10/1988–WASH., D.C.-RFK STADIUM (MONSTERS OF ROCK)-VH w/HAGER
    6/25/1990-COLUMBIA, MD-MERRIWEATHER POST-DLR
    9/29/2007-GREENSBORO, NC-GREENSBORO COLISEUM
    11/1/2007-WASH., D.C.-VERIZON CENTER
    5/15/2008-BALTIMORE, MD-1ST MARINER ARENA

Favorite VH Album

Favorite VH Song

Girl Gone Bad
    Last Online

Quote Originally Posted by JimmyG View Post
    I did make it to Pickles around 5:45 ... stayed until 6:30 ... I didn't run into anyone ... I was hoping to bump into someone ... I was the easy one to pick out ... I had a 15 yr. old with me ... lol ... maybe next time ...
    JimmyG, sorry I missed you. I didn't get to Pickles until about 6:30. I stayed until almost 8.

Favorite VH Album

I, Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

RWTD, In A Simple Rhyme
    Last Online

01.09.12 @ 06:05 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Gypsy King View Post
    JimmyG, sorry I missed you. I didn't get to Pickles until about 6:30. I stayed until almost 8.
    Hey Gypsy King ... I'm sorry I missed you too ... we must of just passed each other ... My son was getting bored with the scene (good thing), so we went up to the arena early ... watched all the action ... bought some shirts ... it was fun. I sure hope that we get the chance again to see a VH tour. On another note, I wore my VH shirt all day Saturday ... walking around the neighborhood (old / historic Frederick) feeling proud sporting my awesome shirt ... lol ... too funny ... My sons wearing his to school today ... I remember those days ... everyone that went to a concert and got a shirt always wore it the next day to school ... lol ... I remembered you mentioning that you were bar hopping in Frederick on Saturday ... where did you end up going?
    7/28/1981–LANDOVER, MD–CAPITAL CENTRE
    10/11/1982–LANDOVER, MD–CAPITAL CENTRE
    3/25/1984–LANDOVER, MD–CAPITAL CENTRE
    8/8/1986–LANDOVER, MD–CAPITAL CENTRE–VH w/ HAGER
    10/7/1986–LANDOVER, MD–CAPITAL CENTRE–DLR
    6/10/1988–WASH., D.C.-RFK STADIUM (MONSTERS OF ROCK)-VH w/HAGER
    6/25/1990-COLUMBIA, MD-MERRIWEATHER POST-DLR
    9/29/2007-GREENSBORO, NC-GREENSBORO COLISEUM
    11/1/2007-WASH., D.C.-VERIZON CENTER
    5/15/2008-BALTIMORE, MD-1ST MARINER ARENA

Favorite VH Album

Favorite VH Song

Girl Gone Bad
    Last Online

Quote Originally Posted by JimmyG View Post
    I remembered you mentioning that you were bar hopping in Frederick on Saturday ... where did you end up going?
    Hey JimmyG, I was in Frederick on Saturday. Started the day at Flying Dog brewery for some free beer tastings. At 5:00, I went down to Market St. Hung out at Acacia (kind of pricey), Bushwallers, and a couple other bars (can't remember the names ).
    My last time in downtown Frederick was in 1990, or so. Back then, I went to the Old Town Tavern. On Saturday, when I mentioned to my friends (who are downtown Frederick residents) that I had previously been to Old Town Tavern, they responded by saying, "We are NOT going there!!."