Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Favorite VH Album

VH I
    Last Online

12.14.17 @ 01:51 PM
    Liked 594 Times in 364 Posts

Donor

Default *** East Rutherford REVIEWS 5.13 ***

Because I can, I'm posting this picture.

Thank you.

Now back to your regularly-scheduled review thread. Do not try something cheesy like posting an off-topic picture in this thread. I will be watching.

Little Dreamer
    Last Online

11.02.10 @ 01:43 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

insane show. Its official, Dave announced they started filming a live DVD tonight. I will post more when I get home, but overall the best shpw I've ever seen

Favorite VH Album

All of them
    Favorite VH Song

Unchained
    Last Online

12.14.17 @ 12:48 PM
    Liked 33 Times in 13 Posts

Default Best VH concert experience ever!

Wait til the day of the show like I did to get a great floor seat!!! I sat in the pit 5 rows from the stage!!! What a fantastic experience! it was so loud yet so clear there.

Band was firing on all cylinders! Eddie's solo was short but sweet. He hit all the notes. In the words of several friends of friends who are guitarists: " The show was a ten. I haven't seen them this good since 1984. Dave was fantastic, as was the rest of the band. Eddie was spot on, hitting every note"

Yes, Dave announced early on that for the first time in his 30 years plus with the band, they are filming a DVD tonight in NJ. Dave mention Nj several times and was extra hammy in front of the cameras. He even told a couple of new/extra stories. - mentioning NJ.

Half the pit was empty it seemed- unexplainable. I can't believe how close to the stage I was. Unreal! Sick performance! What an experience being so close to the action. "Crossroads" was phenomenal as were the usual highlights: Everybody wants some, Ice Cream was especially great as were Romeo Delight, I'm the one, Hot for Teacher, Beautiful Girls, Jamie's Crying, somebody get me a doctor, all of them were great even the lesser ones like I'll Wait and Little Dreamer were great- Dave sang his ass off- He looked so the rock star on the ramp!

I can die a happy man! wow!!!!!! WOW!! WOW!!!!!!!

One more important note: I am usually not one to comment on Eddie's appearance, but he looked happy, healthy, and great for a 53 year old! He was having the time of his life on the stage tonight! stick Sammy and Mike on stage and a peavey or whatever, and he looked like he did in 1995 again

Definitely the best Van Halen concert I have ever seen (out of 12), and the top 3 I've ever seen from any band (that includes Pink Floyd, Grateful Dead etc)

With a live DVD coming out, why wouldn't they continue as a band and release a new album? They still have it and then some.

I have to say Eddie's solo was great, but I've seen better on this tour- the only negative if you can call it that from tonight
    Last edited by ZORBA5150; 05.13.08 at 08:38 PM.
    Wolfie is not Mike, but he's more than ok.
    Mike is gone, but not forgotten. They played some amazing shows from 2007-2015; some people are in denial about it.

9/27/07- Charlotte, NC
    10/1/07- Philadelphia, PA
    10/20/07- Detroit, NI
    11/3/07- Meadowlands, NJ
    11/13/07- The Garden

05/13/08- Meadowlands, NJ II!!!!!

2/28/12- The Garden
    3/1/12- The Garden
    4/21/12- Greensboro,NC

8/9/15- Holmdel, NJ
    9/13/15- Tampa, FL

Little Dreamer
    Favorite VH Album

VH1
    Favorite VH Song

Unchained
    Last Online

05.13.08 @ 08:40 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

NJ in the house

Quote Originally Posted by jd11280 View Post
    insane show. Its official, Dave announced they started filming a live DVD tonight. I will post more when I get home, but overall the best shpw I've ever seen
    Show @ Meadowlands tonight was tight and the real VH at work. Saw them in Nov - ok show, horrible solo, then the Garden show - better show, ok solo.

Don't know what happened during the break but Ed & Co flowed well. Ed is the key and he was stable all night. Probably the best solo I've seen from him in the last 15 years. Dave, Al were strong and Wolfie did the job. Crowd was solid but with Michael on stage, the band would bring the house down every night.

Eruption
    Last Online

01.25.17 @ 04:18 AM
    Liked 7 Times in 2 Posts

Default Great show !

Great show , everyone was great , but DLR seemed to real extend himself vocally more then I saw in the other shows. He was the master showman, alot more talking then usual and really hamming it up for the crowd.

Arena was about 85% full , but for some strange reasons PIT was only about 60% full. I got my PIT seat today for face value, cant understand why PIT was not full. They must have overestimated demand and held those tickets for too long ? I have been checking every day, they only became available today. I had plenty of room to roam my aisle , all seats to my left were empty.

One more show for me at MSG.

Little Dreamer
    Last Online

05.23.08 @ 10:47 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Newbie here. 2nd time I have seen them this tour. Amazing show, I brought my younger sister for her b-day and she had a fantastic time!! I have one major complaint from tonight though. What the fu$k was up with the crowd!!??? I was in the upper section, Eddies side, and besides us, MAYBE 20 other people stood up. I can not imagine not standing up throughout the show. I mean, come on, is everyone that fu%king dead that they can't stand and have a good time???!!! It is friggin' Van Halen, not Neil Diamond!! Anyway, amazing show and I can't wait to see the DVD!!!
    Last edited by ELHRomeo; 05.13.08 at 09:04 PM.

Hang 'Em High James in New York's Avatar
    Last Online

12.14.17 @ 07:45 AM
    Liked 2,082 Times in 675 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by ELHRomeo View Post
    Anyway, amazing show and I can't wait to see the DVD!!!

Amazing show!!! Bring on the DVD!!!!

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Mean Street
    Last Online

08.10.15 @ 12:03 PM
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

I have been to 4 shows on the 2007-2008 tour and this one was by far the best. Better than the Atlantic City show from Friday night. The band smoked and David Lee sounded great.
    When this DVD comes out David Lee see that sometimes he over does it a little on stage. An example of this is during Mean Street when he pretends he has a gun with him. To much. And what is up with those silly hats he wears ? Are they really necessary ? Wouldnt change it for anything though.
    They were on top of their game and well worth the price of admission.

Next stop for me .. Show #5 Madison Square Garden...

Sinner's Swing!
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning, and the rest of the first 6 albums!
    Favorite VH Song

Everthing off of the first 6 albums!
    Last Online

01.10.09 @ 01:07 PM
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Holy crap am I hungover!!!!

The show was good, Eddie was clean, but a bit safe on the guitar and his playing.....no mistakes, I guess flawless, but less of an edge to the playing I thought, but I guess good or great for a LIVE DVD shoot!

Yes, DLR did say that this was the first night of filming for their LIVE DVD!!!

A great show all in all, but man now I wish I had better seats......but, no bother, thanks MOM for the Christmas present!!!!

Oh yea, let me fucking tell anyone who says differently, WOLF and Ed are singing......anyone who says differently forgot to take the dildo out of their asshole. By far that is Wolf, the kid, on the mic.

Ugghhhh I have to work....maybe I shouldn't have gone to the bar afterwards.

By far Ed's best playing of the tour.....but I kinda liked the Rock n Roll energy he had on that first night in Philly.....

Oh and HFT was sooooo fast.

Hang 'Em High James in New York's Avatar
    Last Online

12.14.17 @ 07:45 AM
    Liked 2,082 Times in 675 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by DLR'sCock View Post
    Oh yea, let me fucking tell anyone who says differently, WOLF and Ed are singing......anyone who says differently forgot to take the dildo out of their asshole. By far that is Wolf, the kid, on the mic.
    They sound GREAT.
    Awesome backing vocals!

Top Of The World NYCIceCreamMan's Avatar
    Favorite VH Album

Favorite VH Song

Little Guitars
    Last Online

02.28.12 @ 11:42 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Short and sweet because I'm just repeating.

Great, great show. I've put down shows at the Izod before but the sound was great. Better than Philly and Izod in 2007. Great crisp show.

The Crossroads cover was fantastic. Favorite show of the tour by far! Can't wait for the DVD.
    05/23/2008 MSG, NYC
    05/13/2008 Izod Center, NJ
    11/03/2007 Izod Center, NJ
    10/01/2007 Wachovia Center, Philly
    06/30/2006 The Other Half - PNC Arts Center, NJ
    06/22/2004 Continental Arena, NJ
    07/28/1986 Continental Arena, NJ

I don't feel tardy.

RIP BJM..you were there in 86 in NJ. Would've loved 2007-08.

Eruption
    Last Online

07.05.12 @ 12:43 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

I'll just echo what everyone else says. MSG had been my favorite of the 6 or 7 I've seen, last night was probably the all around sharpest performance from everyone. Eddie was very sharp, nailing CD-like solos. Compare his Jump solo last night to Ft. Lauderdale 2/20 (the last show I saw) and it was like night and day. The solo was short and sweet - he's cut out all the "sound making" dross. Cathedral was absolutely fucking nailed, I'm saying it sounded just like the record.

There is officially no "eddie's side" anymore. he plays dead center. In fact, if I had to choose between far right and far left seats, I'd take far left at this point. I was all the way to the right, 7th row, and there really isn't much going on there. DLR didn't come by often. At least on the far left, you'd have Wolfie to scrutinize, and eddie and dave come over there and f around with him often.

Didn't see a "crowd crane" for the DVD shoot, so my guess is another show will be used for crowd shots.

Miss Little Guitars, no reason to drop it and not replace it. But all around fantastic show. The sound was great at izod, even way up front. Extremely male crowd (my date was the only chick in the entire section), fairly subduded but not obnoxious either. Everyone was having a good time.

I did enjoy the Izod experience. It was a quick and painless shuttle bus ride from the port authority, which is a 15 minute walk from my place. The shuttle ride is kinda fun, since we were able to polish off a small bottle of bourbon. And once at Izod, we hung out in the parking lot with people who had been there all day, people were drinking and smoking and having a good time. "Middle age heavy metal parking lot."

Another quick shuttle ride (like 15 minutes) and we were back on the streets of NYC at 11:15.

Sinner's Swing!
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning, and the rest of the first 6 albums!
    Favorite VH Song

Everthing off of the first 6 albums!
    Last Online

01.10.09 @ 01:07 PM
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

I had high level seats up in 208 and the sound was very very clean, Ed's guitars weren't too loud, and I could hear everything. Eddie's guitar playing and solos were conservative, but boy was he dead on!!!!

I would love to see him play with that kind of accuarcy, but with more high energy rock n roll swagger like he did @ the first philly show back in Oct., but mind yo uI am not complaining........his gutiar work will sound great on the DVD, and Dave did some screams and held some notes that I have not hear out of him from this tour yet or in a while.

HFT was so fucking fast, I couldn't believe how fast they played it.

I loved Eddie's guitar solo this way as well, short and to the point, the way ROCK should be!

Little Dreamer
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

On Fire (Live)
    Last Online

03.02.12 @ 01:47 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Great show! This was my fifth and by far, the best. I loved the addition of the "Crossroads" piece.

My favorite part was during "Hot For Teacher" when Dave started reminiscing with the crowd about going to Pasadena City College back in the day with Ed & Al- he turned to Ed and said something to the effect of Alex being the only one who did his homework... The tone of the story was similar to when Dave turned to Ed & Al during the August press conference and paid homage to Ed & Al by sharing some memories of their dad. I think those comments are much appreciated by the Brothers and shows that the current bond is strong between the three of them (at least at the moment).

Eruption
    Last Online

01.25.17 @ 04:18 AM
    Liked 7 Times in 2 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by powerfuryglory View Post
    Great show! This was my fifth and by far, the best. I loved the addition of the "Crossroads" piece.

My favorite part was during "Hot For Teacher" when Dave started reminiscing with the crowd about going to Pasadena City College back in the day with Ed & Al- he turned to Ed and said something to the effect of Alex being the only one who did his homework... The tone of the story was similar to when Dave turned to Ed & Al during the August press conference and paid homage to Ed & Al by sharing some memories of their dad. I think those comments are much appreciated by the Brothers and shows that the current bond is strong between the three of them (at least at the moment).

That was cool ! During the Cradle will Rock , Dave said "Have you seen Wolfie's grades " ! I dont recall in the shows I have been to Dave saying this !
    Alot more talk from DAve last night , it was great.