Favorite VH Album

Women & Children First
    Favorite VH Song

The Full Bug
    Last Online

10.12.15 @ 05:43 PM
    Liked 9 Times in 2 Posts

Default VH on My Name is Earl

Did anyone watch Earl last night? There was a funny reference to Van Halen. Seems Earl's new bride (Alyssa Milano) wanted to put some Van Halen on the jukebox at the Crab Shack and Earl told her to put on Runnin with the Devil and she said no, she wanted the real Van Halen (or something to that effect) with Sammy Hagar. Then later on, Earl found her reading "I am 55" by Sammy Hagar. By the end of the episode, Earl was going to dump her. No VH tunes in the show, though.
    Could this be magic?

Romeo Delight
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Girl Gone Bad
    Last Online

03.06.15 @ 10:42 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

HA, yeah saw that, (actually heard it) was layin' on the couch reading Val's book.....very funny reference!!

There was a part also where he said "it's not about whether my Van Halen is better than your Van Halen" in the context of the conversation he was having with her about her integrity (to do with "the list"). Made me laugh.....
    "Make no mistake. Eddie Van Halen can still kick your ass. The man who single-handedly changed the face of rock is still mean, lean, and sharp as a tack. And if you dispute the ownership of the crown, try to imagine a world without him."~~Billy Corgan/Guitar World (April 1996)

"There's a plaque on our wall that says we've sold over 65 million albums, and I don't feel I've accomplished anything. I feel like I'm just getting started."~~Edward Van Halen

( ( (d(-_-)b) ) )

Last Online

08.10.15 @ 07:37 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Premium Member

A season or two ago Earl and Co. reformed a band for whatever reason and played the Crab Shack, he crossed of no. 51 and 50 off the list. There was another VH refrence in there too.
    One of the writers must be a VH freak,,, or likes to mock 'em as writers tend to do.
    VHLinks Fantasy Baseball Champions: 2004, 2009, 2011

Romeo Delight
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Girl Gone Bad
    Last Online

03.06.15 @ 10:42 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

I choose to believe that the writers are fans. Makes me feel less "alone" in the real world (of make-believe TV lol).
    "Make no mistake. Eddie Van Halen can still kick your ass. The man who single-handedly changed the face of rock is still mean, lean, and sharp as a tack. And if you dispute the ownership of the crown, try to imagine a world without him."~~Billy Corgan/Guitar World (April 1996)

"There's a plaque on our wall that says we've sold over 65 million albums, and I don't feel I've accomplished anything. I feel like I'm just getting started."~~Edward Van Halen

( ( (d(-_-)b) ) )

Baluchitherium
    Favorite VH Album

VH II
    Favorite VH Song

Down in Flames
    Last Online

12.13.17 @ 02:13 AM
    Liked 200 Times in 83 Posts

In post #11 in the following thread, Hagar4Life says Greg Garcia is a friend of his, and is a VH fan. That's why all the VH references. http://www.vhlinks.com/vbforums/funn....html?p=771380

Also, this thread already exists as well:
    http://www.vhlinks.com/vbforums/my-n...y+name+is+earl

Favorite VH Album

Van Halen, Fair Warning, WACF
    Favorite VH Song

Everybody Wants Some
    Last Online

01.21.12 @ 03:56 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by z28girl View Post
    ...and she said no, she wanted the real Van Halen (or something to that effect) with Sammy Hagar. Then later on, Earl found her reading "I am 55" by Sammy Hagar. By the end of the episode, Earl was going to dump her.(
    Way to go Earl! Dump the B@#$*! I must have missed that one.

Good Enough
    Favorite VH Song

Drop Dead Legs
    Last Online

01.06.12 @ 02:10 PM
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Strangely, if you watch much TV, VH is mentioned quite often... I've heard them refrenced on CSI a couple of times and other shows - that my Saturday morning brain (while listening to my daughter practice her Baritone ) can't remember. I use the term practice lightly... more like honking....think scared geese
    Model Citizen, Zero Discipline

"***"...now please take off my VanHalen t-shirt, before you jinx the band and they break up..." (The wedding singer)"

*Thanks SNIC for my AWESOME new avatar!*

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Mean Street, Little Guitars
    Last Online

07.19.17 @ 06:30 AM
    Liked 13 Times in 3 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by z28girl View Post
    Did anyone watch Earl last night? There was a funny reference to Van Halen. Seems Earl's new bride (Alyssa Milano) wanted to put some Van Halen on the jukebox at the Crab Shack and Earl told her to put on Runnin with the Devil and she said no, she wanted the real Van Halen (or something to that effect) with Sammy Hagar. Then later on, Earl found her reading "I am 55" by Sammy Hagar. By the end of the episode, Earl was going to dump her. No VH tunes in the show, though.
    Right after the VH references regarding the jukebox, Earl was observing "couples" at other tables sharing chips. Although it would never happen, it would have been funny to see Sam and Dave sharing chips at a table...
    Don't drink the Jim Jones punch. They're called theToxic Twins for a reason...

Baluchitherium
    Favorite VH Album

VH II
    Favorite VH Song

Down in Flames
    Last Online

12.13.17 @ 02:13 AM
    Liked 200 Times in 83 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by EVHgirl in Va View Post
    Strangely, if you watch much TV, VH is mentioned quite often... I've heard them refrenced on CSI a couple of times and other shows
    I think that's a commentary on how huge Van Halen was in their prime. The people writing these shows, and the characters they're writing for all came up in those VH glory days.

Quote Originally Posted by Wickett View Post
    Right after the VH references regarding the jukebox, Earl was observing "couples" at other tables sharing chips. Although it would never happen, it would have been funny to see Sam and Dave sharing chips at a table...
    Oh man... I never thought of that... That would have been awesome.
    Posted from yo' mama's house.

Favorite VH Album

WACF, Balance
    Favorite VH Song

Little Guitars, Unchained, HB
    Last Online

09.05.15 @ 07:55 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Donor

I loved that! She said, "I'm going to go put some Van Halen on the jukebox." I said, "THAT'S my girl!" Then she said, the real VH with Sammy. I said, "Oh dear." LOL! I love VH with Sammy, but good gracious.

Gotta' love a VH reference on TV, in any case.

Shari
    "Hey, thanks for the bracelet! Was that one for me?" - Michael Anthony to me in the Golden Ring in Grand Rapids, MI July 9, 2004
    July 9, 2004 - Mike pressed a guitar pick into my hand!
    "We're in the right place!" EVH @ The Joe in Detroit, July 10, 2004
    "Hey! What's up!?" - Mikey, upon recognizing me in the Golden Ring in Chicago after getting his second bracelet, July 21, 2004
    "What is uuuuuuuuuup!!!???" - Mike to me in Detroit, May 12th, 2005, after receiving third bracelet.
    "You found me again!" - Mike to me in Detroit, Nov. 2, 2007

Good Enough
    Last Online

12.10.17 @ 12:26 PM
    Liked 37 Times in 19 Posts

They made a reference to VH on that fairly new CBS show about the real brainy nerd types who live next to the hot blond. It's on Monday evenings before "How I met your mother." The hot blond came in their apartment and asked a question about DLR and Van Halen.

Favorite VH Album

VH II
    Favorite VH Song

Unchained, DOA
    Last Online

06.14.17 @ 06:46 PM
    Liked 23 Times in 9 Posts

Donor

They made reference to Sammy Hagar on SportsCenter last night while doing the basketball highlights. because the score was 55-55 at halftime.

That bit on Earl was really funny BTW.