Page 1 of 7 1234 ... LastLast
    Favorite VH Album

Wings...not rings! ROTH ERA!
    Favorite VH Song

Not a Roth song I DON'T like!
    Last Online

10.15.12 @ 08:54 AM
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Default Personally....reading this gives me hope for the future of VH!

If the right amount is tossed your way....ANYTHING IS POSSIBLE. Live Nation has it figured out....If the Crue gets this....I would be willing to bet that the talks have to be going on for VH.

MOTLEY CRUE SIGNS $100 MILLION DEAL FOR THREE ALBUMS:

February 11, 2008

Motley Crue rocker Vince Neil had 110-million reasons to smile for his birthday blowout weekend here--just two days earlier Vince, Tommy Lee, Nikki Sixx and Mick Mars signed a $100-million+ mega deal to produce three albums and perform three world tours for the giant LiveNation entertainment conglomerate.

"We'll actually have been together for 37-years by the time it comes to an end," laughed Vince. I joined my pal and neighbor at the first dinner party that Planet Hollywood president Mike Mecca gave for him at the resort's hot celebrity restaurant KOI. Then last night we all met up again for the second birthday celebration in Robert DeNiro's new AGO restaurant at the Hard Rock.

By coincidence, my friend John O'Hurley, who is starring in Spamalot at the WYNN, was also there and offered his champagne wishes. A last-minute surprise was Saved by the Bell actor Dennis Haskin's late-night arrival from Los Angeles to join the birthday group. Vince, who will go off next month on a solo tour of Canada, told me that the first of the three long world tours starts this July. The new contract runs for the next 10-years and includes 169 concert dates on the first global journey!

Motley Crue was formed in 1981 and, as one of the best-selling hard rock heavy metal acts, have sold 50-million albums worldwide. With their next, ninth studio album, The Dirt due this fall.

Courtesy of blogs.lasvegasmagazine.com/VegasLuxeLife/
    Imagine a world without Eddie Van Halen.

"From the moment David Lee Roth appeared at the top of a giant runway that snaked through the Oklahoma City Ford Center audience Tuesday night, he wore the one thing that told every Van Halen fan that everything was right with the world. It was a maniacal Cheshire cat smile announcing happiness and enthusiasm that cannot be faked. Not only was the old band back together, it was thriving."

Last Online

12.11.17 @ 04:11 PM
    Liked 1,596 Times in 982 Posts

Donor

Wack as it is, the Crue is a much more sure bet to invest in than Van Halen.

I doubt very seriously any talks are in play for the future of Van Halen at this time.

Love to be proved wrong, though. A new album would go a long way toward some semblance of redemption.

Favorite VH Album

OU812
    Favorite VH Song

Drop Dead Legs
    Last Online

08.08.17 @ 07:08 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Van Squalen View Post

I doubt very seriously any talks are in play for the future of Van Halen at this time.

Love to be proved wrong, though. A new album would go a long way toward some semblance of redemption.
    I have to agree with you on a couple points. I agree that putting that kinda of money towards Halen WOULD be a huge risk. In all honesty you really don't know what you're gonna get. There aren't enough hardcore fans to buy anything they release. It takes time to restore your credibility as a band. I'm not saying anybody has ever seriously questioned Van Halen's "greatness", but the mixed reviews and performances are a big notch against them. Only time will help with that. One of the thing that really helps a record AND the overall bottom line is touring..they know they need to keep it up (not even keep it up, but just perform as themselves w/o any help from the bottle or whatever it was).

As for the talks, I would be surpsised to learn than nothing was being talked about (even in passing). People never thought in a million years that Roth would be back AND have a tour this successful. At the end of the day they're musicians, and they'll keep making music. I think with Ed's current state, how well the band is playing, and seemingly getting along on stage, new music is definitely being talked about. With their talent and people's "thirst" for new music, even a one time record deal would be huge.

Forum Frontman
    Last Online

07.04.16 @ 08:03 PM
    Liked 6 Times in 5 Posts

I met Dennis Haskins once on the set of Saved By The Bell.

That's about all I have to say about that.

Favorite VH Song

Ain't Talkin' 'Bout Love
    Last Online

12.11.17 @ 10:23 AM
    Liked 1,463 Times in 898 Posts

I don't think VH would do something like this. Motley Crue is 4 equal parts (as far as I know) while we know VH is Eddie, Alex, the lead singer at that particular point and who knows about Wolfie. The parts are certainly not equal.
    Remember the Heroes - 9/11/01

In 2012, the phoenix has risen!!

"High speed, low drag."

"Look at all the people here tonight!!!" - 10/5/07, 5/20/08 Mohegan Sun

Congratulations to Van Halen as part of the Class of 2007 Rock and Roll Hall of Fame!

Cinco de Cabo @ Foxwoods: "A giant party with live music" - S. Hagar

got tequila?

http://keepitaliveforever.com

Favorite VH Album

diver down
    Favorite VH Song

drop dead legs
    Last Online

12.11.17 @ 04:30 PM
    Liked 2,381 Times in 1,486 Posts

Premium Member

The Crue have probably pissed away much more of their money than Van Halen not to mention lawsuits and need this deal. They have more x wives and kids etc. But I hope VH will do a new album who the fuck knows.

Sinner's Swing!
    Last Online

07.01.10 @ 06:21 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

If memory serves me well, this deal with the Crue was denied by Nikki Sixx shortly after this story came out. Don't know if its been confirmed or not. However, even if lots of the tried and true acts such as U2 and Madonna are going this route, I do not translate that to grand chances VH will do the same.

Eruption
    Favorite VH Album

VH II
    Favorite VH Song

DOA
    Last Online

04.30.13 @ 12:24 PM
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by Van Squalen View Post

Same here, would love to be proved wrong, but Ed's just too independent with a strong mindset to do it his own way. No corporation is going to tell him what to do.
    "Bottoms Up!" said the dirty faced kid in a garbage can!

http://www.facebook.com/tony.buenger
    http://www.guesthousestudios.com

Favorite VH Album

OU812
    Favorite VH Song

Too many
    Last Online

11.22.17 @ 09:09 PM
    Liked 3 Times in 1 Post

Big crue fan myself but even for them.....i don't see them completing 3 albums and 3 tours.....under this one deal......

as for vh? no way......

carry on
    'The whole world is watching you tonight!'

Official VHLinks Van Halen 3 fan.

'The III Brigade' - show your support for Van Halen 3 by wearing this sig!

Recognise VH3 for what it was! - A fantastic third incarnation of the greatest band of all time!

YO!Edward and Mishar McLeud - founding members of the III Brigade.

Favorite VH Album

Sound Magazine
    Favorite VH Song

I Think I Love You
    Last Online

06.07.15 @ 10:30 AM
    Liked 2 Times in 1 Post

First of all, this is a drunk Vince Neil talking to a gossip columnist. It's not an official announcement from LiveNation. (I'm assuming Vince is drunk because Vince is always drunk.)
    Second, $100 million, divided by four, spread out over ten years, minus taxes, and alimony isn't all that much money in this business. For all we know, there are many other expenses that LiveNation is deducting from it that won't make the paper because it spoils the excitement.
    If you start with a LiveNation rep saying, "We're going to put $100 million into Motley Crue over the next decade!" and end with Vince Neil's checking account, you'll be amazed at what happens along the way.

Don't read this.

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Hear About It Later
    Last Online

12.11.17 @ 12:52 PM
    Liked 1,383 Times in 758 Posts

If anyone is ready to invest that kind of money in VH, I've got a really nice bridge to sell them (under construction)...

Little Dreamer

On Fire
    Last Online

07.22.11 @ 06:47 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by looper_guy View Post
    If memory serves me well, this deal with the Crue was denied by Nikki Sixx shortly after this story came out. Don't know if its been confirmed or not. However, even if lots of the tried and true acts such as U2 and Madonna are going this route, I do not translate that to grand chances VH will do the same.
    its pretty confirmed though.....with the announcement of Cruefest(which is an exclusive Live nation event), Live nation took over the merch store/fanclub/website at motley.com..

either way, Motleys a more sound investment than Van Halen....sure motleys had their share of dysfunctional moments...BUT theyve managed to complete a 2Year tour, record an album and touring again with little to no problems...

Van halen managed to complete a 2month tour, and then postponed a couple months worth after that, and then now are finishing those...and who knows what lies beyond June...

Favorite VH Album

The Classic 6 Pack
    Favorite VH Song

Take Your Whiskey Home
    Last Online

11.04.17 @ 06:01 AM
    Liked 185 Times in 65 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Little Dreamer View Post
    If anyone is ready to invest that kind of money in VH, I've got a really nice bridge to sell them (under construction)...

I got undeveloped beach-front property in Arkansas they'd love to hear about!!
    Woke up this mornin, got Blue Moon in your eyes...
    http://www.myretrolounge.com

Good Enough
    Last Online

12.10.17 @ 12:26 PM
    Liked 37 Times in 19 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Little Dreamer View Post

Well how much is nearly 80 dates at a 1.5 million advance per show add up to for this current tour? My math could be wrong, but it would appear as though somebody invested that much back in September. Now that we cleared that up, where's this bridge you're referring to?

Favorite VH Album

For Unlawful Carnal Knowledge
    Favorite VH Song

Last Online

12.11.17 @ 09:15 AM
    Liked 547 Times in 381 Posts

Van Halen dont work anymore.

They are a nostalgia band.

With Sammy they were moving forward, with DLR, they have moved back.

Not to say im not glad to rock out to the classics. But as a contemporary band, VH is done.