Follow us on...
Follow us on Twitter Follow us on Facebook Watch us on YouTube
Register
    Last Online

08.05.17 @ 01:41 PM
    Liked 42 Times in 17 Posts

Default Anyone use an attenuator? I just bought an Ultimate Attenuator...

Hi there,

I recently got into the whole Marshall sound and I bought a handwired Marshall 2061x head. This thing is a freakin tone monster and I cant stop playing it. Problem is that even for a 20w amp it only sounds amazing when cranked to the max. When it is cranked on 9-10 it is way too loud for my home or band playing situations.

So, I was reading about power scaling and attenuators and I found on thr Les Paul forum (dont kill me for looking at other forums) that a product called the Ultimate Attenuator was the best for taking that amazing tone down to managable levels (even bedroom).

So I did my research and searched the net (reviews on harmony central, etc) and I found that this thing is supposed to be amazing. It was written up in Vintage Guitar mag and guys like Peter Stroud of Sheryl Crow (and 65 Amps) and Doyle Brahmall II use this for their 50W and 100W Marhshall Plexi's.

So, anyone ever use an attenuator or hear of the Ultimate Attenuator? I am not affiliated with the company in any way...just searching for your opinions and experience.

Oh, I just ordered one and should have it in 2 weeks.

Lefty...

Last Online

08.14.17 @ 06:52 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Check out The Gear Page...there are quite a few threads on this attenuator.

Top Of The World
    Favorite VH Album

Favorite VH Song

Atomic Punk
    Last Online

03.14.12 @ 03:00 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by LeftyVanHalen View Post
    Hi there,

I recently got into the whole Marshall sound and I bought a handwired Marshall 2061x head. This thing is a freakin tone monster and I cant stop playing it. Problem is that even for a 20w amp it only sounds amazing when cranked to the max. When it is cranked on 9-10 it is way too loud for my home or band playing situations.

So, I was reading about power scaling and attenuators and I found on thr Les Paul forum (dont kill me for looking at other forums) that a product called the Ultimate Attenuator was the best for taking that amazing tone down to managable levels (even bedroom).

So I did my research and searched the net (reviews on harmony central, etc) and I found that this thing is supposed to be amazing. It was written up in Vintage Guitar mag and guys like Peter Stroud of Sheryl Crow (and 65 Amps) and Doyle Brahmall II use this for their 50W and 100W Marhshall Plexi's.

So, anyone ever use an attenuator or hear of the Ultimate Attenuator? I am not affiliated with the company in any way...just searching for your opinions and experience.

Oh, I just ordered one and should have it in 2 weeks.

Lefty...
    Haven't used one yet but this is the guy that makes them Ultimate buys them from him so go to the source and get it cheaper !

http://hoelectronics.com/Product2.php

I've been cheating using my POD first to get the level I want.

Martin