Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

She's The Woman, Mean Street
    Last Online

05.21.17 @ 06:59 AM
    Liked 44 Times in 20 Posts

Donor

It rocked balls !!!!

We got a COMPLETE version of Crossroads...with the guitar solo !

No Dave rap before Ice Cream Man.....nothing.

All the other shit was the same, setlist, etc.

Ed didn't move around too much but played his ass off, Wolfie is way more animated than when I saw them in Philly and I guarentee he's playing every note and singing every lyric, Dave was Dave the master of cerimonies, Al was rock solid as usual but REALLY looking old ! He's sporting a pretty serious comb-over.

My boys had a friggin' blast ! 1st concert for both of them....they are now diehards !

FINALLY met up with my girl lovevhsince79, She's very nice and a knock-out !
    Had a great time at the VC, it was hopping to 2 solid hours of VH pre-show !

V H.....I O

I'll write more tomorrow......ears are ringing pretty bad, but so far, no headache !
    Last edited by Lodewijk; 05.07.08 at 08:14 PM.
    Lode's Facebook
    @Lode13 on Twitter

Good Enough ED'S A 20THCENTURY MOZART's Avatar
    Favorite VH Album

Like em all. even III. ;}
    Favorite VH Song

A Lot!
    Last Online

09.08.16 @ 05:36 PM
    Liked 116 Times in 66 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Lodewijk View Post
    It rocked balls !!!!

Ed didn't move around too much but played his ass off, Wolfie is way more animated than when I saw them in Philly and I guarentee he's playing every note and singing every lyric, Dave was Dave the master of cerimonies, Al was rock solid as usual but REALLY looking old ! He's sporting a pretty serious comb-over.

My boys had a friggin' blast ! 1st concert for both of them....they are now diehards !

V H.....I O

I'll write more tomorrow......ears are ringing pretty bad, but so far, no headache !
    I hate goats.
    I DON'T NEED NO STINKIN' CLICK!

Little Dreamer
    Last Online

05.28.15 @ 11:39 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Solid Show...

Ed was Money!
    Al Was Al.
    Wolf holds his own.
    Dave was sick and cut a lot of wraps short.
    No Little Guitars.
    2 hour show
    Short Ed solo but best I have ever seen him play.....20th VH concert
    Good solid crowd tonite.
    Cant wait to baltimore next week!
    Bed!

Little Dreamer
    Last Online

05.07.08 @ 09:47 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

It rocked balls !!!!

V H.....I O

How could you possibly guarantee that Wolfie is playing and singing every note? My opinion is, you are a complete jackass, and Wolfie has help from the latest technology, and nothing you can say will prove otherwise!

Little Dreamer
    Last Online

05.07.08 @ 09:47 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Van Squalen View Post
    Reviews only, whiz kid.
    I was there, I am from Ohio, that is my review, good show, but Wolfie has help

Last Online

10.23.15 @ 04:49 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

It rocked balls !!!!

V H.....I O

Lode - Tabby - Meeting the two of you was truly the highlight of my evening. I have enjoyed getting to know you here so finally meeting you in person I felt like I had known you forever. I am even more jealous of the fun time you will be having in TX but please know that I will be partyin' with you in spirit.

Musically, the concert was outstanding. The band played their asses off. I spent most of my time watching Eddie so whether or not Wolfie has help, I couldn't tell you. When I was watching him, he was definitely playing. I was on his side of the stage and from my vantage point, there was no air bass.

Eddie was so on with his playing, it was incredible. Al is solid and as Eddie put it, the rock to his roll. Dave looked and sounded awesome. As Lode mentioned, there was no rap before Ice Cream Man which surprised me and Eddie did not do one scissor jump. What surprised me even more was the fact that Eddie did not interact with Wolfgang as far as hugging and kissing him. I did see him blow his nose (sorry, I noticed, LOL) so I'm wondering if like any good parent, he is still not feeling well so he is staying away so he doesn't make Wolfgang sick.

I also watched the screen to get a good look at Eddie's hands and they did not look swollen/arthritic last night however, Eddie acts exactly the way he did during the Balance tour when his hip was causing him so much pain. He barely moved from his spot, jumped up and down with his feet together but no sliding or scissor jumps.

Anyway, a great night of fun. I don't get out much so an evening without kids is a luxury but even better to have a night of smiling, singing and dancing. Thank you Van Halen!!!
    Life may not be the party we hoped for, but while we are here we might as well dance.

Live simply. Love generously. Care deeply. Speak kindly.

Romeo Delight
    Last Online

04.04.17 @ 07:12 PM
    Liked 3 Times in 1 Post

Great show last night!

Ed looked like he was having a good time and the interaction with Dave seemed sincere. When he is healthy and sober, his playing is just awe-inspiring. Much better than 04!

Al was just solid as usual.

I wish Mike was there, but I can't complain about Wolfgang. He plays a mean bass, and the vocals (whether there was help or not) sounded great. He certainly doesn't have the stage presence of Mike, however he is just a kid and he certainly looks more comfortable than when I saw him in October.

Dave, although I really had a hard time hearing his vocals in the mix most of the night, really is the x-factor. There is no doubt that the Van Halens are one talented family, but you need a guy like Dave to sell it to the audience - and he does. I heard more of the yelps and screams this time around, but I don't think you really go to a concert to hear Dave sing the stuff note-for-note. You go to see Dave be Dave - and he brought it last night.

Lastly - It did seem to me that they were a little rushed last night - show started earlier than I thought it would, and they were done (and probably on their way to the airport) by 10:20. No big deal - I don't blame them for wanting to get moving and it didn't really take anything away from the show. The most promising thing I took away from the show was the hope that these guys might actually stay together and do something in the studio after this is all said and done. Either they are really good actors, or else it looks like they were all getting along and enjoying each other's company.

I'll keep my fingers crossed!

Little Dreamer
    Last Online

05.28.15 @ 11:39 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

When i said Dave was sick I meant ill...he was sweating and sounded very "stuffed up" . I think that led to the shorter show....Ed even said to Dave "what happened" when he went right into ice cream man. it surprised ed and wolf as they usually get a break there backstage. they had to literally run out to get into the song on time. other than that is was a great playing.

Hang 'Em High James in New York's Avatar
    Last Online

12.14.17 @ 07:17 PM
    Liked 2,082 Times in 675 Posts

Review | Van Halen
    Roth, Van Halen doing just fine
    Thursday, May 8, 2008 1:21 AM
    By Aaron Beck

THE COLUMBUS DISPATCH

Permanently grinning singer-emcee-carnival barker David Lee Roth said a lot during Van Halenís concert last night in Value City Arena, a concert that took the audience deep into the influential hard-rock bandís song trove.

Roth, however, did not shine light on the "undisclosed medical condition" of guitarist Eddie Van Halen, whose mysterious ailment forced the hard-rock band to postpone several late-winter and early-spring dates on its North American reunion tour.

So, sadly, there will be no gossipy celebrity news delivered to doorsteps this morning.

What anyone who didnít spend yesterday evening in the packed-to-the-ceiling arena needs to know is this: the fourth lineup of Van Halen in 30 years is doing what it does just fine.

"Better late than never!" Roth said by way of introduction after the concert opening cover of the Kinksí You Really Got Me, the song that introduced Van Halen to the world on its 1978 self-titled debut.

"Weíre three-fourths original, one-fourth inevitable!" he shouted, referring to bassist Wolfgang Van Halen, original bassist Michael Anthonyís replacement and the son of Eddie Van Halen and actress Valerie Bertinelli.

Though he sports the same pudgy build, Wolfgang is no Jack Daniels-chugging common man, the image Michael Anthony cultivated. But he held his own, anchoring tunes such as Runniní With the Devil and Romeo Delight professionally and shooting "Címon, Dave, gimme a break" looks whenever Roth ad-libbed some ribald lines in a song.

Roth, performing with Van Halen for the first time since 1985, has his detractors. But his ridiculous í50s deejay-matador-motivational speaker-workout video guy shtick perfectly balances the band, given Eddie Van Halenís guitar-hero action ó albeit some jaw-dropping guitar-hero action.

Whatever is ailing the 53-year-old Van Halen is not affecting his hands, which remain two objects in nature that need to be seen in performance at least once to be believed. Gone from his repertoire are the flying leg kicks and pogo moves, but the hands remain the same.

But the band simply is at its best when Roth is singing ó well, dry-croaking and yelping ó deeply into the influential bandís discography. (They played all but two of their first album.) Not tequila salesman Sammy Hagar, not the guy from Extreme who took a forgettable turn at the microphone early this decade. Roth.

If anyone on Earth was made to prance, pose, preen and lead a rock band, itís the man with three names, who at 53 must spend his off days doing 22 hours of sit ups and the rest of the time shining his impossibly white teeth. The man apparently has made a deal, not with the Devil, but with Jack LaLanne.

Favorite VH Album

VH I
    Last Online

12.14.17 @ 07:43 PM
    Liked 594 Times in 364 Posts

Donor

Quote Originally Posted by ED'S A 20THCENTURY MOZART View Post
    I hate goats.
    Quote Originally Posted by Chumley50 View Post
    My opinion is, you are a complete jackass
    What part of 'reviews only' was difficult for your small-dicked brains to comprehend? Knock it off.

Last Online

12.01.17 @ 09:52 AM
    Liked 33 Times in 27 Posts

Dave was funny as hell. He was really entertaining in the first half of the show. But I could tell something happened when he didn't do any raps during Ice Cream. He was sick or something. So the second half just seemed like it went by quick! Still, they really nailed the songs. No Little Guitars, Ed looked like it was 1995 (literally, Ed's hot for a 70 year old) and played the same. The solo was like 95's as well. I mean that by the shortness and preciseness. No ed noodling or crazy feedback. I'll take the noodling with the feedback over these kinds of solo's any day. I was right next to Ed in 04 for 5 star and thought that solo was way more fun to watch, but that's just me.
    Wolfie came out on the cat walk once close to the end. He's definately playing the geetar, err i mean bass. Wolfie's cool. I really like seeing Alex play live. You can hear his drums so much better, the way they are meant to sound, than you can on boots and albums.