Register
Page 1 of 16 123411 ... LastLast
    Top Of The World
    Last Online

12.13.17 @ 06:59 PM
    Liked 9 Times in 3 Posts

Default My environmental rant

My environmental rant
    Global Warming or Global Cooling, who the F cares? Iím sick and tried of the scare tactics being used to further ones agenda. To think that people as a species has the ability to destroy the world or alter the world significantly is down right arrogant. Natural events have a much greater and quicker effect on the world then the human race could ever imagine doing itself. A volcanic eruption fills the skys with more CO2 gas then humans can produce in a lifetime. The weakening of the magnetic poles allows ozone to escape the clutches of the Earth much easier then anything we can create to deplete it. The Sunís activities (sun spots) have the greatest effect on the earth then everything else combined. Donít let anyone scare you into thinking anything else. Research the scientific data yourself before making a decision but research both sides. You will be surprised at what our politicians, mainstream media and even the academic and scientific world want us to know. Remember a scientist will only get a grant and funding if their work is approved by some governmental agency, who needs their agenda verified and supported by the same groups that are vying for the funding. Does this mean that what they are saying is untrue or false? No, but much of the data is being used in a misleading way that will ultimately support an agenda.

What I believe is that we have a responsibility to ourselves and our future generations. Although I believe that there is nothing we can do to alter the eventual outcome of nature we do have a chance to make living here a better place. We can make sure that our water is cleaner, helping to cut down on sickness and poor health. We could make our air cleaner making it easier for us to breath. We could produce much more cost effective energy like nuclear, fuel cells, wind and solar if the government would allow the free market to dictate (with reasonable safe guards) rather then special interest groups. At the end of the day the earth will brush the human race off and continue to exist in what ever way nature intended it to exist with or without the interference of our some what insignificant species. I just hope that people will live their lives in a way that respects their fellow person. We need to stop worrying about our effect on the world as a whole, we are just not that important.

Favorite VH Album

Too hard to choose
    Favorite VH Song

Too hard to choose
    Last Online

06.02.16 @ 09:13 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

It sure would be nice to live in a world where people could be reasonable. We were that way at one time in this country. Don't know how we're gonna get back to that state of respect for one another.

By the way, if I had to choose, I'd take the Global Cooling. New Orleans summers are terrible.

Little Dreamer
    Favorite VH Album

women & children first
    Favorite VH Song

sinners swing among others
    Last Online

09.25.08 @ 11:58 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

when push comes to mud i applaude you... i have visited this site many times but decided to finally register because of this issue.. you make many good points that i agree w/... this issue is completely and totally a political one to futher the left wing and their special interest groups.. its so typical of them.. i remember my father (who is a scientist) telling me the very quote of yours about comparing the emmisions of 1 volcano compared to that of a humans carbon footprint in a lifetime... another quick example is to look what the left has done w/ pushing ethenol as an alternative fuel source.. now the govt. is subsidizing farmers.. they have quit growing other important crops and not only have gas prices not come down but now many food products are 20% higher.. it just proves that the general public are a bunch of idiots who dont do any research... they just listen to political pundants like keith olbermann on msnbc evidently and other news agenda based programs on cnn,nbc,abc,cbs.. i guess joe 6-pack (bless his heart) just doesnt have the time past his 9-5 job and his beer after work to look into or care really what the hell is going on... the reason why i applaude you so much is they have everybody lapping up all this crap so much that if someone offers a different opinion,that person surely must be crazy.. you are at least one who has the perceptive ability to see through it.. its all politics and its all b.s... wake up people.. dare and do something different like watch fox news for once.. yes the vilified fox news.. everyone has been pushed so far to the left that when someone gives a middle of the road opinion it looks extreme... fox news is not as far to the right as msnbc is to the far left... chris mathews is a joke.. he was a speech writer for jimmy carter.. the same jimmy carter who is now having talks w/ hamas... a terriorist organization.. typical left wing politics....

Last Online

07.24.15 @ 10:25 PM
    Liked 10 Times in 3 Posts

Donor

you bring up some good points in your post. However, to suggest that we have NO capacity to screw the planet up as a human race is shortsighted and naive as well.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Favorite VH Album

Diver Down
    Favorite VH Song

Runnin' With The Devil
    Last Online

07.12.08 @ 04:41 PM
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

I fear global warming. Yeah, that's right. Because the 'warming' will probably be the consequence of one interfering with the other's 'agenda.' But I agree, we aren't being told the truth about our lives. The media is just killing us.

Chris Matthews is a drunken slobber mouth, just like Nancy Grace.

Welcome to the forum lovevh!
    Respects.

Top Of The World
    Last Online

Liked 9 Times in 3 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by onefootoutthedoor View Post
    you bring up some good points in your post. However, to suggest that we have NO capacity to screw the planet up as a human race is shortsighted and naive as well.
    On the contrary we can screw up the planet for our own livability, but the damage we could do to the planet at its worst is something the planet can and will overcome in a very short period of time. An example is the Chernobyl accident, arguably the worst man made disaster in history. Even though Humans arenít occupying the area in most everyway the natural environment is back to normal and relatively speaking that is a blip in time compared to the life of the planet. What every we do, even at its worst, the planet will adapt and continue on with or with out us.

Keep that in mind when deciding what we should be doing. We should be protecting our way of life and trying to keep the planet as livable for us for as long as it will have us. At some point, a super volcano, a direct hit by a meteor, massive sun spot activity, or no sun spot activity will be the end of us not something we do. And for the above mentioned natural disasters there is nothing we could do to stop, modify or change it.

Favorite VH Album

5150, Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Dance The Night Away, Dreams
    Last Online

11.02.17 @ 09:45 PM
    Liked 28 Times in 9 Posts

I believe that man can have an impact on what happens. I wouldn't tell someone to go ahead and drive that SUV until the Earth crumbles, but at the same time, I'm not real hip on the Al Gore/Leonardo DiCaprio horseshit either.

Remember, this planet has gone through at least 4 major ice ages, without mans influence. One of these was so extreme as to be labeled 'Snowball Earth' as every inch of Earth's surface is believed to have been covered in ice.

In between every ice age, there has been a period of global warming, EVERY SINGLE ONE of these global warming periods reached a point where there were NO polar ice caps. Again, without mans influence.

I think scientific studies should be done to determine how to survive either extreme, rather than blame it on one thing or the other, because eventually, even without mans help, one or the other is going to happen.
    "Viking - last to sleep, first to rise, last to leave, that's how the Nords of old rocked the house." ~ timmac in the 'Texas Linkers' thread talking about yours truly. :-)

Favorite VH Album

Fair Women Down
    Favorite VH Song

Chicken Feet for Breakfast
    Last Online

07.11.09 @ 03:27 AM
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by onefootoutthedoor View Post
    Not to mention "arrogant" in it's own right. What's interesting now is the
    same people who said it was a myth-driven agenda are now acquiescing and
    and saying we should come to terms with this "inevitability" by moving to
    higher elevated land and out of mosquito-prone environs. Look, I don't give
    a fuck how you feel about Al Gore, but to pretend there's no such thing as
    green house gasses or that we have no impact or responsibility to ourselves,
    fellow humans, future generations and Earth itself is the epitome of arrogance.
    Maybe you should get at what's really bugging you about this ( a nagging
    suspicion that we ARE all culpable) and put down this agenda of your own.

**E-Rant Off**

Favorite VH Album

Complete Zero
    Favorite VH Song

Lets Get Rockin
    Last Online

12.13.17 @ 03:10 AM
    Liked 1,861 Times in 730 Posts

Donor

I know I have posted this before in a Global Warming thread but I thought it was appropriate here as well.
    You think man can destroy the planet? What intoxicating vanity. Let me tell you about our planet. Earth is four-and-a-half-billion-years-old. There's been life on it for nearly that long, 3.8 billion years. Bacteria first; later the first multicellular life, then the first complex creatures in the sea, on the land. Then finally the great sweeping ages of animals, the amphibians, the dinosaurs, at last the mammals, each one enduring millions on millions of years, great dynasties of creatures rising, flourishing, dying away -- all this against a background of continuous and violent upheaval. Mountain ranges thrust up, eroded away, cometary impacts, volcano eruptions, oceans rising and falling, whole continents moving, an endless, constant, violent change, colliding, buckling to make mountains over millions of years. Earth has survived everything in its time. It will certainly survive us. If all the nuclear weapons in the world went off at once and all the plants, all the animals died and the earth was sizzling hot for a hundred thousand years, life would survive, somewhere: under the soil, frozen in Arctic ice. Sooner or later, when the planet was no longer inhospitable, life would spread again. The evolutionary process would begin again. It might take a few billion years for life to regain its present variety. Of course, it would be very different from what it is now, but the earth would survive our folly, only we would not. If the ozone layer gets thinner, ultraviolet radiation sears the earth, so what? Ultraviolet radiation is good for life. It's powerful energy. It promotes mutation, change. Many forms of life will thrive with more UV radiation. Many others will die out. Do you think this is the first time that's happened? Think about oxygen. Necessary for life now, but oxygen is actually a metabolic poison, a corrosive glass, like fluorine. When oxygen was first produced as a waste product by certain plant cells some three billion years ago, it created a crisis for all other life on earth. Those plants were polluting the environment, exhaling a lethal gas. Earth eventually had an atmosphere incompatible with life. Nevertheless, life on earth took care of itself. In the thinking of the human being a hundred years is a long time. A hundred years ago we didn't have cars, airplanes, computers or vaccines. It was a whole different world, but to the earth, a hundred years is nothing. A million years is nothing. This planet lives and breathes on a much vaster scale. We can't imagine its slow and powerful rhythms, and we haven't got the humility to try. We've been residents here for the blink of an eye. If we're gone tomorrow, the earth will not miss us.
    I used to jog but the ice cubes kept falling out of my glass.

Top Of The World Loss of Bowel Control's Avatar
    Favorite VH Album

Van Halen
    Last Online

12.13.17 @ 02:47 PM
    Liked 10 Times in 3 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by mistere View Post

**E-Rant Off**
    Dude, did you even read Mud's post? Or did you just knee jerk react? You need to work on your reading comprehension skills. The ACTs are just around the corner.

Baluchitherium
    Favorite VH Album

VH1, VHII or Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

They're all great!
    Last Online

04.02.15 @ 07:26 AM
    Liked 5 Times in 2 Posts

Donor

hmmmn.. its great to finaly find some people who dont buy into the whole al gore global warming we're all gonna die shit, ive been saying for years that mankind has little effect on global warming and that we as a race only contribute between 3 & 5% of co2 and other greenhouse gasses, the rest is all natural.
    i watched that al gore movie the other day just out of interest, i was amazed people actually took that pile of crap seriously...all that eco left wing hippie bull that only weak minded fools who dont have the capacity to investigate for themselves would actually believe.
    i forgot what it was called...oh yeah "little miss sunshine" i think!
    http://www.facebook.com/Tommywho5150

And with that I'm off to the kitchen to make myself a lesbian omelette...LLFHS in response to one of Graeme's post's

"The anal beads may have scarred SNIC for life. That guy is tough as fucking nails!! No normal guy could take anal beads to the head and survive! "...OLO on SNIC's near death experience at TLW

"I'm a 45-year-old man, and I still like to wear a thong or a speedo when I go swimming.
    Not because I have a great body, it's just an easy way to make sure I have the hotel swimming pool all to myself."...Bullwinkle for quite obvious reasons!

"Dude, the cashier gave me the creepiest sneer when he rang up my unmentionables!"...Sassy Lassy during a Facebook conversation!

Top Of The World
    Last Online

Liked 9 Times in 3 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by mistere View Post

**E-Rant Off**
    Typical response from someone that is unwilling to examine the full picture or read an entire post for that matter. If you were to take the time to read and understand the entire post you just might see that I did state we have an impact on the environment. The impact however is small slow acting in comparison to what nature itself can do. I also said that we should take care of the environment to sustain livability for our species. Not everything we do that is positive for us is positive for the environment or other species and not everything negative is negative as a whole. Itís the whole ying-yang theory.

But come on read an entire post before you respond. This either shows that you are too passionate about something to take the time to understand both sides of the issue or your just a flat out IDIOT.

Favorite VH Album

OU812
    Favorite VH Song

Drop Dead Legs
    Last Online

08.08.17 @ 07:08 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by tommywho5150 View Post
    .all that eco left wing hippie bull that only weak minded fools who dont have the capacity to investigate for themselves would actually believe.
    i forgot what it was called...oh yeah "little miss sunshine" i think!
    THAT is the single most arrogant AND ignorant "idea" I've read on the links.

Favorite VH Album

Sound Magazine
    Favorite VH Song

I Think I Love You
    Last Online

06.07.15 @ 10:30 AM
    Liked 2 Times in 1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by WhenPushComesToMud View Post
    My environmental rant
    Global Warming or Global Cooling, who the F cares? Iím sick and tried of the scare tactics being used to further ones agenda. To think that people as a species has the ability to destroy the world or alter the world significantly is down right arrogant. Natural events have a much greater and quicker effect on the world then the human race could ever imagine doing itself. A volcanic eruption fills the skys with more CO2 gas then humans can produce in a lifetime. The weakening of the magnetic poles allows ozone to escape the clutches of the Earth much easier then anything we can create to deplete it. The Sunís activities (sun spots) have the greatest effect on the earth then everything else combined. Donít let anyone scare you into thinking anything else. Research the scientific data yourself before making a decision but research both sides. You will be surprised at what our politicians, mainstream media and even the academic and scientific world want us to know. Remember a scientist will only get a grant and funding if their work is approved by some governmental agency, who needs their agenda verified and supported by the same groups that are vying for the funding. Does this mean that what they are saying is untrue or false? No, but much of the data is being used in a misleading way that will ultimately support an agenda.

What I believe is that we have a responsibility to ourselves and our future generations. Although I believe that there is nothing we can do to alter the eventual outcome of nature we do have a chance to make living here a better place. We can make sure that our water is cleaner, helping to cut down on sickness and poor health. We could make our air cleaner making it easier for us to breath. We could produce much more cost effective energy like nuclear, fuel cells, wind and solar if the government would allow the free market to dictate (with reasonable safe guards) rather then special interest groups. At the end of the day the earth will brush the human race off and continue to exist in what ever way nature intended it to exist with or without the interference of our some what insignificant species. I just hope that people will live their lives in a way that respects their fellow person. We need to stop worrying about our effect on the world as a whole, we are just not that important.

Bullshit.

Don't read this.

Favorite VH Album

Complete Zero
    Favorite VH Song

Lets Get Rockin
    Last Online

12.13.17 @ 03:10 AM
    Liked 1,861 Times in 730 Posts

Donor

Quote Originally Posted by Bullwinkle View Post
    Bullshit.
    Well depending on how it is used it could be harmful or helpful to the environment. However cow farts have been known to harm the environment.

You know this agenda is also carried by the mainstream media, case in point a recent story about the first 15 year old girl to trek to the north pole and how she was saddened to see how much water and not ice was there. Right a 15 yo girl saddened by water, anyway MSNBC then shows a couple of penguins appearing stranded on a block of ice in the middle of all this water. One problem, penguins live below the equator.
    I used to jog but the ice cubes kept falling out of my glass.